PDA

View Full Version : Volcano Questions

follow1yourpath
11-24-2009, 03:09 AM
Hello, what's up FMB? I've only vaped a handful of times and none with a volcano. So I am pretty novice with most of the knowledge on it.. I'll get too the point quickly.. I plan on purchasing a Volcano soon, but I've got a few questions first...

1. Considering I only medicate with high grade. How much herb does it take too fill up a single bag?

2. And following that, using high grade herb. Will one bag of vapor do the trick?

3. How long can I chill on a bag of vapor before it goes stale? (if it does go stale, Haha.)

4.Also, do you feel as if you are saving/conserving any herb by using a vaporizer?

Thank guys. Positive vibes and lazy days too all of you!:pipe:

BigManNew
11-24-2009, 03:50 AM
1. I can really say how much it herb it takes to fill a bag, but one bowl of fluffy herb can make about 4-6 bags if you are using the right temperature. (I will weigh the current bowl I have later tonight and get back to you on that)

2. It depends on the person, a friend of mine is done after just one bag. For me it will take 2 bags, sometimes three.

3. I'v had Vapor stay good in the bag for around 10-15 minutes, but I usually finish the bag a lot sooner than that.

4. Vaping definitely helps you with herb control. Even after you get the herb to that golden brown color it is still useful. If I only vaped then an 8th would probably last me more than a week.

I have to say I have tried a lot of vaporizers. the volcano is the one i picked and the best one IMO

conscious pilot
11-24-2009, 03:54 AM
the peeps who designed the volcano make products for the medical field.. millions went into designing the cano.

grab one if you can afford it.:smoke1:

DUBSteppin
11-24-2009, 03:59 AM
the cano doesn't have shit on the V-tower http://greatvape.com/items/vaporizers/v-tower-ex601-detail.htm

conscious pilot
11-24-2009, 04:02 AM
^ made entirely with chinese parts, do some research.:pipe:

BigManNew
11-24-2009, 04:04 AM
the cano doesn't have shit on the V-tower http://greatvape.com/items/vaporizers/v-tower-ex601-detail.htm

Personally I like the bag over the whip because you can go just about anywhere in your pad with it, instead of having to stay near the machine. Also using a bag you have a better idea of how much you have inhaled. If i had to pick one other than the volcano though i would go with the Herbalaire

conscious pilot
11-24-2009, 04:07 AM
herbalaire uses a fish tank pump..

check out fuckcombustion dot com for any more info on vapes.:)

Green Supreme
11-24-2009, 06:58 AM
I have a volcano but would prefer this one in the link.It is made by the same guy as Hotglass vaporizor and he knows vapor. Peace GS

YouTube- Glass Vape

Kudos
11-24-2009, 08:09 AM
I have a volcano but would prefer this one in the link.It is made by the same guy as Hotglass vaporizor and he knows vapor.

I've seen these, the only thing I don't like is that I think it would be hard to know exactly how hot you need to get it with the torch, and it seems like it would be easy to overcook it.

I also am not too big of a fan of putting torch to glass all the time.... I would think over a long period of time it would make the glass more fragile. I could be wrong in assuming this though :)

I think when I decide to get a glass vape I'm going to go with the verdamper. Here's some info on it to those who are interested:

http://www.dailysmoker.com/pages/vaporizer_verdamper

It's pretty much a bong with a heating coil on top that allows you to vape.... kinda weird to explain, just check out the link if you're interested

themasochist
11-24-2009, 12:43 PM
I use a Da Buddha same people as Silver surfer and I love it. Got a GonG connect for the whip and put it on a simple bub very awesome milky vapor hits. And there was some argument before about what tube gives better taste of herb...none vape is the true taste.

follow1yourpath
11-24-2009, 06:22 PM
[QUOTE=Green Supreme;56676]I have a volcano but would prefer this one in the link.It is made by the same guy as Hotglass vaporizor and he knows vapor. Peace GS

Hey GS, interesting product there but not my cup of tea.. Since you own a volcano would you mind addressing the questions in the first post? Feel free too add anything else you think is important to know. Thanks a lot.

ja rasta
11-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Ok first of all if your going to buy a vaporiser go hard or go home. Get a volcano. No need for the digital stick with the classic.
1st. Takes between .3 and .5 to fill the herb disc, do not over pack I'd say a good measurement is a fat bong rip's amount of herb.
2nd. Yes using headies you will be fucked off of a couple bags. When you run the volcano never just burn the herb once, run the bag 3-5 times you will get good thick smoke at least 3 times. And you also have th option to use oil and hashishes in the volcano they come with titanium/steel screens for this purpose, but you need to do a good cleaning job after sometimes. After all this is an expensive product and you want to keep it in good working order.
3rd. The vapors in the bag stay good for over 1hr. You can take the bag in the car with you on a long ride and chill on it, but they also have a car adapter kit availible at http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_usd/index.php/cat/c5_System-components.html actually i just checked and they don't seem to have the car adapter kit availible right now.
4th. Yes you do conserve your herb and get the most out of vaporising, it is a DIFFERENT kind of high that smoking, I like it better personally but you get all sorts of opinions. You can really taste the herb, and you will learn to fine tune your vaporiser for maximum satisfaction. Also vaporising is the most efficient and advanced way of inhaling thc getting over 90% of thc from your buds by vaporising them.

Some more of my shpiel. I'd say try and get the old school volcano which has a metal mouthpiece and you have the option to attach your own bags. You can go to the grocery store and get turkey baster bags and use them as replacement bags, dude you can put a 3 foot bag on there (I've done it) and me and my homies would get friedddddddd. The new models have dinky little plastic orange mouth pieces that attach to the herb chamber when filling it up, and they have a plastic mouthpiece and the bags are all assembled pre attached. When you use all 5 you have to buy a new replacement kit which is like $250.00 in any headshop. The bags are also real small on these new models. Also never let a girl hit that shit with chapstick on it gets the mouthpiece mad nasty. Besides that I'd say go with your gut, but it my opinion the volcano is the best the market has to offer. I've used i-inhales and the i-olite, californiavapor box, cheap vaporisers from headshops that only worked once, i've used wands that are like a power drill and a hugh vape bowl, Voodoo's, the Extreme Vaporizer which is as expensive as a volcano and sucks, the Silver surfer and hot boxes, and the Vapor One which is kinda nice. But none stand up to the Volcano. No joke man my boy's have gone through most of the vapes on the market and the only one I have bought is the Volcano, though I have suggested I-olites and others for different price ranges.
Go for the gold,
Ja

f0urtwenty
11-24-2009, 06:56 PM
hahah. see you on /r/trees. :)

Hello, what's up FMB? I've only vaped a handful of times and none with a volcano. So I am pretty novice with most of the knowledge on it.. I'll get too the point quickly.. I plan on purchasing a Volcano soon, but I've got a few questions first...

1. Considering I only medicate with high grade. How much herb does it take too fill up a single bag?

2. And following that, using high grade herb. Will one bag of vapor do the trick?

3. How long can I chill on a bag of vapor before it goes stale? (if it does go stale, Haha.)

4.Also, do you feel as if you are saving/conserving any herb by using a vaporizer?

Thank guys. Positive vibes and lazy days too all of you!:pipe:

lepstadder
11-24-2009, 06:56 PM
1, .25 to a half a gram would be plent for one person

This will fill a bag several times, at least 2

2. Depending on how much pot you smoke, but you will consume a bit less than normal.

3. Yes is does go stale, Depends on how thick the vapor is, a couple minutes is as long as you would want it to sit.

4 Yes, you use a bit less, and for me anyway it seams like i dont need to "smoke" again so soon when i vape compared to vape.

follow1yourpath
11-24-2009, 08:43 PM
No worries on the Spiel Ja.. That was very informative and answered a lot of the questions i had. I appreciate that. It probably took some time too write all that, Haha. Thanks a lot man. And thank you everyone else for your responses. You are all a great help.

hahah. see you on /r/trees. :)

R/Trees! Haha, Reddit is where it's at homie.

DUBSteppin
11-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Personally I like the bag over the whip because you can go just about anywhere in your pad with it, instead of having to stay near the machine. Also using a bag you have a better idea of how much you have inhaled. If i had to pick one other than the volcano though i would go with the Herbalaire

The one i am thinking of, this may not be it but its similar, comes with a bag and whip and you can set an alarm to wake you up in the morning and fill up at the same time.

Green Supreme
11-24-2009, 09:13 PM
OK I use about .1-.2grams/bag vaped on 6. The thing for me about vapor is that I like it so much I use more than I would puffing joints. I know I am baked, but never really until I leave the enviroment I am in when vaping, then talk about spaced out. Can walk into a store to buy something and spend 5 minutes trying to remember what it was. Then 5 minutes looking for money, only to realize you have none type thing. Good luck. Peace GS

BigManNew
11-24-2009, 10:46 PM
OK I use about .1-.2grams/bag vaped on 6.

Do you mean 6 on the dial? Because i usually move from 3 to 3 1/2 or sometimes 4.

Green Supreme
11-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Yup 6 on my dial is about 390 degrees . Peace GS

lepstadder
11-25-2009, 02:11 AM
I run my volc on 6 as well

ja rasta
11-25-2009, 03:27 AM
1, .25 to a half a gram would be plent for one person

This will fill a bag several times, at least 2

2. Depending on how much pot you smoke, but you will consume a bit less than normal.

3. Yes is does go stale, Depends on how thick the vapor is, a couple minutes is as long as you would want it to sit.

4 Yes, you use a bit less, and for me anyway it seams like i dont need to "smoke" again so soon when i vape compared to vape.

#3 Is INCORRECT, look it up and do some research the vapors are good for well over an hour...

ja rasta
11-25-2009, 03:31 AM
I thrid the Volcano on 6. I start by letting it heat up, then when the light has turned I put the herb disc on, let it start to show some vapors in the air, and then I put the bag on top of the disc and let it fill up. I have found that starting right away with the bag on from the beginning leads to an empty first bag. So by heating the herbs and letting vapors show themself THEN putting the bag on you get a good bag from first to last.
Ja

lepstadder
11-25-2009, 03:21 PM
#3 Is INCORRECT, look it up and do some research the vapors are good for well over an hour..

The active ingredients may still be present but the flavor of the vapor will be STALE!

ja rasta
11-25-2009, 08:46 PM
Ahhhh too-shay! No need to argue though the young grasshopper will find out on his own. And do you think that I ever REALLY let them sit that long

lepstadder
11-26-2009, 03:28 PM
lol .