PDA

View Full Version : newby inspired by bubblemens looking for advice

gdramit
11-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Hey guys i am interested in starting a small, personal grow in my closet. Because its in my closet i don't have much room to work with.... this makes me very interested in the pop bottle method i saw in use primarily from Dr.greenbudgeens on this site under the micro grow forum. This would be perfect for me. I know most basics when it comes to growing... all i have trouble with is the abbreviations for lighting and such so whoever might be able to help me out could you try to avoid these ( please and thanks lol) but my questions for you guys here is how many and what type of bulb.... how to deal with the stank when plants are budding. and if you flower the plants in the plastic pop bottles or to you transplant? oh and im planning on four plants TOPS.

Thanks!

Green Supreme
11-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Starting with the dimensions of your closet might be a good first step. Pretty hard to help, when ya don't know what size hole ya dealin with. Peace GS

OnlyHighGrade
11-27-2009, 06:06 PM
For any newbs I always suggest Jorge Cervantes grow Bible. It is hands down the most basic and informative grow guide I have come across.

gdramit
11-27-2009, 11:30 PM
first off my closet is right about 4ft x 5Ft. SO a simple grow box could work. But what lights to use..... Can you use a compact florescent for the seedling all the way through the plants life cycle... like from the time i plant that seed till its ready to harvest by just changing the light cycle when i am ready for it to flower? or do you need two types of light every time? And my main dilemma WHAT to do with the SCENT these bad boys will put off?

I have looked at the grow bible a bit but i would much rather ask all you guys for free lol. And like i said i have most of the basics.

thanks again

fullmeltbubble
11-28-2009, 12:21 AM
first off, if your gonna be a marijuana grower you gotta start referring to your plants as girls "what to do with the scent these bad BOYS will put off".....you can use cfl's the entire cycle...but its better to have two different types...one a more "blue" cfl for starting plants and vegging, and one more "red" for flowering....as for the scent...I'd go with a carbon scrubber, you won't need a very big one...

gdramit
11-28-2009, 01:13 AM
Ha ha your right my bad!!! Since they are not expensive i would have no problem screwing one in and one out when switching the light cycles.....would one cfl light work for four plants or would i need more? I have heard about carbon filters and actually have one in my bong (carbonite brand) so i know about that but what is a carbon scrubber? It sounds like what i need but don't know what it is or where to get it....

Thanks fullmeltbubble!