PDA

View Full Version : light and trichome size

hashcat
11-29-2009, 06:51 AM
how important is light when factoring a trichomes size/health and cannibinoid content???

what im really getting at. is will an indoor plant that has more exposed trichomes produce more resin???? removing shading leaves to expose more trichomes. or is it really ALL in the leaves/the energy producing cells??

can one aim for growing more RESIN rather than BUD WEIGHT when growing indoor???
or can you remove fan leaves in loss of bud size to gain trichome potency??? after all we are after the resin contend, not the size of the bud (unless of course this means more trichomes!)

doobiehuffer
01-10-2010, 11:38 PM
cool question man i too wonder how light affects not only plant growth but trichome growth as well. very good question i hope someone has some input on this. i have also wondered in the past how invisible spectrums of radiation affect plant growth (dunno if youve seen the flourecent tubes near powerlines stuff) but something to wonder. cause light that we see i think is just a sliver of the visible spectrum of radiation. *shrugs* like could you grow plants in dark with 12 hour bursts of some type of invisible radiation? just a thought hehe peace.