PDA

View Full Version : First Stemless

awood
12-05-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm going to be purchasing my first stemless. I have a Zob with RooR diffuser and 7 arm tree right now. I was looking for a tube with less drag. How are the Toro 7/13's? I was also looking at th SGW Waffles. $750 is my max price. I'm mainly looking for suggestions and opinions.

lowsalary
12-06-2009, 04:48 AM
I can only put input on the Toro's as I havent have not been lucky enough to try out one of the SGW Waffle's. Toros just keep getting better and better man. I think i even saw somebody selling a reinforced 7/13 on the board. Best of luck with you buy and post up pics of your purchase!

OnSilverWings
12-06-2009, 05:55 AM
Waffle IMO. Easily one of the absolute best single chamber tubes I have hit. And with $750 as your spending limit, you have way more than enough to get a beautifully worked waffle and most definitely a circ ac as well!! SGW FTW!

silentstoner
12-07-2009, 03:37 AM
Not trying to be a douche or anything here just trying to help, but in the OP you said you're buying your first stemless, and you ask about 7-13 Toro's. To be exact, those are fixed stems, while the Waffle by SGW along with the Toro disc and SG gridcaps are all stemless to name a few. I just thought I would clarify for you since stemless and fixed stem tubes will likely hit quite differently. OnSilverWings is right though, get a sick worked waffle. Preston kills it. Good luck with the purchase.

COOPAROO
12-07-2009, 05:46 AM
toro's fixed stems are great, but i wouldn't go higher than a 7-13 arm. I've found that the 13-13's have too much drag, but the 7-13 is way easier.

toro's disk's are prob my favorite design of his. The single chamber disk's could possibly be one of my favorite hitting tubes, especially with an ac on it. Disk to 13's are really nice as well. and of course his circulators are nice also. But i really like the natural perc aspect of the stemless disks... it gives it a really effortless pull and a nice chug. almost too easy to pull with a toro ice pinch slide. but just perfect with an a/c.

But if i was buying my first fixed stem/stemless and i had the knowledge that i do now, i'd go SG all the way. The single chamber sg's are definitely some of the cleanest tubes out, and the 4-8 fixed stem has the perfect amount of drag/flow, and not to mention they are like the strongest tree's out.

hope that helps!

ripps
12-07-2009, 05:55 AM
very nice post COOPAROO. Ive noticed alot of people asking for reviews of all the different toro hits.

ganjalicious
12-07-2009, 02:14 PM
I changed my combo up from a triple perc american roor with a/c, first to an inline/13 toro, now to a circ circ. I am very happy with my decision. I haven't got to try a waffle, but for my DD i'm a fan of double chambers.

just remember this will be your tube, don't only let others ideas tell ya what to buy.