PDA

View Full Version : new illadelphs label problems?

sliv33
12-07-2009, 10:06 PM
im wondering if anyone else is haven problems with the new illadelph labels. i have a green outlined label and piece slowly are chipping off. let me know if anyone else is having the same problems.

Alex

amtbps
12-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Ive heard of MANY of their prodo tubes having this problem...go to where ever you got it and get them to talk to their Illa rep...they might do something if you get lucky.

ROOR24
12-08-2009, 01:21 AM
There's a thread on tc were a few people were complaining about the new labels chipping. I would contact Illadelph, they should take care of you.

TheFuckingKid
12-08-2009, 01:24 AM
yea man i was waiting for this to hit fullmelt i picked up green one too man and im having the same issue.. really a disappointment on such a great ripping tube...and the crest was sweet before it started flaking. but yea the toke city thread got closed up....unfortunately im miles from the shop i purchased from

ROOR24
12-08-2009, 01:27 AM
Just call the shop they don't want to see your used tube in there shop anyway.

TheFuckingKid
12-08-2009, 01:29 AM
well id hope not even though shes still sparkling of course... ill be back on christmas break. but maybe ill call him tomorrow if i can get the number

sliv33
12-08-2009, 03:18 AM
let me know what they do when you contact them, the thing i do like about the new illadelphs is how they made a thicker bases than the old models

LuketheSifter
12-08-2009, 04:34 AM
just talk to illadelph...im sure they will help

ja rasta
12-08-2009, 04:35 AM
Tsk tsk falling away from the quality Illadelph we all knew and loved so much... Im calling my homie and letting him know, he runs some of the shop in Philly

TheFuckingKid
12-08-2009, 05:40 AM
awesome ja let us know what he has to say and as for contacting illadelph i have no contact info.... and sliv the thicker bases are nice and i like that there larger... just wish this damn label wasnt chipping

ja rasta
12-08-2009, 06:24 AM
Yeah I got you son son.

Blunts R US
12-08-2009, 04:33 PM
Tell them to stop making 6hole diffy's make them 9 or 12 hole. I just switched back to the stock illy diffy on my coil when my 16hole PHX diffy broke and it sucks. I don't really even want to hit it anymore, it just chug chug chugs now. For a company that is often seen as the best glass company in the world(people who don't know toro and SG) i feel that they should really be paying attention to small function details instead of expanding on their custom coils. Still love them but if they want to stay up on top with the best glass companies then they have to step it up.

TheFuckingKid
12-08-2009, 04:38 PM
dont even get me started on illadelph stepping up there game... there just money hungry dont get me wrong i love illy but these new ridiculous upstem acs and special "stackable" ones just to add it to your other ac....DRag city...and $$$.....its all to make uneducated buyers spend unnecessary cash. I dig there six hole diffys in straight tubes and i dont really dig beakers or their coils.... but to each his own...im just dissappointed that the label started chipping with a wipe from a dry cloth hours after i purchased it....but agreed if there going to cont. to keep a decent rep, considering so many of us heads that know about other companies that trump illy, they need to stop trying to pull wool over the eyes of less informed smokers

follow1yourpath
12-09-2009, 01:51 AM
Got my Illa' with no label from a homie at Illa'! I loved her but sadly let her go..

BigManNew
12-09-2009, 02:24 AM
I just checked with an acquaintance who sells Illadelphs, and he told me that if you clean it so its looking good and bring it back to the shop you got it from illadelph will credit the store and the store will credit you for the purchase. hope this helps.

sliv33
12-09-2009, 02:26 AM
thanks man

LuketheSifter
12-09-2009, 02:32 AM
dont even get me started on illadelph stepping up there game... there just money hungry dont get me wrong i love illy but these new ridiculous upstem acs and special "stackable" ones just to add it to your other ac....DRag city...and $$$.....its all to make uneducated buyers spend unnecessary cash. I dig there six hole diffys in straight tubes and i dont really dig beakers or their coils.... but to each his own...im just dissappointed that the label started chipping with a wipe from a dry cloth hours after i purchased it....but agreed if there going to cont. to keep a decent rep, considering so many of us heads that know about other companies that trump illy, they need to stop trying to pull wool over the eyes of less informed smokers

hahahaha well illadelphs are on top right now.......toro and sg are falling behind to illadelphs customs and new creations...

even if their lowest grade tubes labels are chipping its a problem that can easily get fixed...its an accident all companies have...

Dont hate on illadelphs......or say that "less informed smokers" like them...

Ive read up about glass and illadelph is my favorite....why? because they are pushing it forward and working with the best artists IMO

ja rasta
12-09-2009, 03:18 AM
Got my Illa' with no label from a homie at Illa'! I loved her but sadly let her go..

Yes that happens thats just a misprint, which becomes valuable and is rare just like a baseball card or any other misprinted valuable/collector's item. I have seen a double barrelled third gen. ashcatcher, cobalt glass, with no label. A buddy of mine picked it up as soon as it arrived in his shop. As for the new labels, no comment, yet.

As for the six holed/cut diffuser i like the amount of diffusion it provides and I believe the beakers have just the right amount of chug in my opinion, and I am talking about on my one piece 7mm beaker with freezecoil, single dome perc, with a stock diffy interchangeable with my second gen, double barrelled ashcatcher.

TheFuckingKid
12-09-2009, 04:46 AM
hahahaha well illadelphs are on top right now.......toro and sg are falling behind to illadelphs customs and new creations...

even if their lowest grade tubes labels are chipping its a problem that can easily get fixed...its an accident all companies have...

Ive read up about glass and illadelph is my favorite....why? because they are pushing it forward and working with the best artists IMO

i never once hated on illadelph. and i agree that there customs are off the wall amazing and they are collabing with great artist.. the only thing i did mention is there upstem ac and my personal opinion for there coil condenser.. as for the misinformed smoker comment alot of people who are new to glass think that a coil condenser is the best tube because it looks rad and you can freeze it but im sure almost all of us would debate that illadelphs coils is truly not the best tube out..

toalex
12-09-2009, 05:05 AM

lol not really, only thing I've seen that's cool from illy is their customs and that is nothing innovative (yes magnificent art but nothing innovative in terms of smoking tech)

d0rk2dafullest
12-09-2009, 04:08 PM
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/2/3/6/8/corwnlabelroor2.jpg

FLAME POLISHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! roor quality is great. for how simple they are.

glitch
12-09-2009, 04:14 PM
your roor is nice man, but what does it have to do with the illadelph label problem? lol

TheFuckingKid
12-09-2009, 05:17 PM
yea exactly what the fuck man?

ripps
12-09-2009, 05:19 PM
his label isn't coming off. lol

LuketheSifter
12-09-2009, 06:31 PM
lol not really, only thing I've seen that's cool from illy is their customs and that is nothing innovative (yes magnificent art but nothing innovative in terms of smoking tech)

Coils....Illadelphs Idea...HUGE step forward in bong advancements..
Keck Clips....Illadelphs idea (not invented by illadelph but brought into the marijuana culture by them)
Disc Dome percs(slitted all the way around for no drag)

Toro and Wicked sands are all playing catch up now to illadelphs coils...

Who else is pushing the craft?

usg543
12-09-2009, 07:53 PM
if you think wicked sands is still playing catch up, you're out of the loop man. haha

toalex
12-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Coils....Illadelphs Idea...HUGE step forward in bong advancements..
Keck Clips....Illadelphs idea (not invented by illadelph but brought into the marijuana culture by them)
Disc Dome percs(slitted all the way around for no drag)

Toro and Wicked sands are all playing catch up now to illadelphs coils...

Who else is pushing the craft?

LOLOLOL Have you seen toros or Sgs new stuff? Coil I could give 2 shits about, the Circs illy rarely uses and puts only in their very high priced items.

A production company won't be able to touch 2 of the best artists in the glass industry.

d0rk2dafullest
12-10-2009, 04:05 AM
his label isn't coming off. lol

thx man! ;)

sliv33
12-10-2009, 04:32 AM
didnt wicked sands recently get shut down?

TheFuckingKid
12-11-2009, 08:17 PM
not that i know of but im not on the west coast...but as for the east coast what up with syn? i heard Mike sold the name to some island something company? can anyone clarify any of this?

amtbps
12-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Yes Sliv, they did.

Fat Mike is chillin in Chapel Hill.

Oh and for the record, Illadelph blows. They haven't been innovative in the game for awhile now, and their QC has gone down. Shit, I hated the first Illadelph tube I hit 3 years ago: shit label, shitty joints, and shitty downstem. Bummer.

fullmeltbubble
12-11-2009, 10:37 PM
i talked to the co owner of illadelph...they are aware of the problem...the cat suggestted you clean the shit outta the piece....bring it into the store you bought it....the store will contact illy and they'll handle it....

TheFuckingKid
12-11-2009, 11:14 PM
i talked to the co owner of illadelph...they are aware of the problem...the cat suggestted you clean the shit outta the piece....bring it into the store you bought it....the store will contact illy and they'll handle it....

thanks for the quality information...its much appreciated

khanold2
12-15-2009, 08:32 PM
I have a brand new 7mm illadelph straight tube and the joint on this thing is a monster I haven't had to clean it a lot so I can't comment on the label issue. There is a lot of illadelph hate on this site and GD which IMO is unwarranted.

Do they have quality control issues? Yes, so does RooR and most all major production companies. Sure SG and Toro make way better tubes but that is also why they are so expensive, and Illy's customs (especially their drys/bubs) are on par with anyones

TheFuckingKid
12-15-2009, 08:41 PM
as for washing the label issue has nothing to do with scrubbing or wear over time i had mine not 24 hours cleaned it once with ison salt (inside only) no abrasive or iso touched the outside of the tube, unless you call a dry paper towel abrasive. and i agree theres tons of hate on illadelph...probably because that damn coil condenser they talk up so much...some love it some hate it...and i think alot of people hate on illy because theres uneducated smokers who kiss illys ass...

khanold2
12-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Ya illadelph really is a company that uneducated smokers love to talk up, I think it's a combination of them having a cool logo and all the damn coil talk. Th