PDA

View Full Version : Ionic Breeze

espo13
12-12-2009, 06:58 AM
Hey, fmb has been really helpful with all the questions I have asked and hopefully you guys can do it again for me. I am planning a small 2-3 plant grow in a closest and i was worried about smell. The main problem is that its not a actual grow box, so i dont think i can use a carbon scrubber (or can i?), but i was thinking about an ionic breeze. Do you think that would be able to mask the smell pretty well? I was looking on another grow site and came across Wellness Light Kids? :
http://www.wellnesslightkids.com/index.html

Some people in the forum claimed that it eliminated odor, while some said it just made it fall to the carpet to get kicked up later (something with negative ions weighing down the odor particals) So would either of these work? any info would be helpful! thanks again fmb!

ja rasta
12-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Honestly if you just open up a window daily and let it all breathe then you'll be fine. I was going to go with an ionic breeze but I didn't went kinda cheap and just opened the closet and window daily. You place may stink up a lil bit, the attached room to the closet that is. And if you have people wandering in and out of your house that don't need to know what your doing then go with a de-odoriser. Do not ever risk your freedom though, don't grow if your gunna have people anyone near your plants that can't know. And show no one.

ja rasta
12-12-2009, 08:38 AM
Get some books and do some reading before you make moves.

YukonBikerGuy
12-12-2009, 04:35 PM
In any size space, an air scrubber will help to minimize odor. A fan draws air from the space, forces it through a carbon filter, and ejects it back into the room less stinky than before. The odor causing particles get trapped in the filter. Ion genrators attach ions to the odoor particles, making them heavy enough to precipitate from the air, onto floors, walls, shelves, ect. Often you will see a sticky black dust in and around Ion generators, those are (some of) the neutralized odor particles. Both work for odor, if you ran both, it couldn't hurt.

YBG

DrWalkerSmalker
12-13-2009, 03:37 AM
Actually the technology used by the Ionic Breeze and by WellnessLight Kids are very different. In simple terms Ionic technology uses negative ions to weight down any particle in the air including odor molecules. :) However, the technology behind WellnessLight Kids is the use of Hydroxyls not to weight down the particle, but to destroy it at a cellular level. Nothing falls to the floor - it is destroyed on contact. Including odor molecules. :) I think each are very effective in what you're trying to accomplish especially in a smaller contained area. If you have animals then you wouldn't want to use the Ionic Breeze due to potential containments on the floor. WellnessLight Kids uses full spectrum lighting which may help with plant growth. Other than that, I believe it is a personal choice, however, either one will work.

Ismoke2much
12-14-2009, 03:45 PM
I used an ionic breeze to clear the dank scent from my house, if you put it in a small room and leave it for a little while it will kill all scent and leave it smelling like ions (you'll know what I'm talkin about if you have one). I had the black ionic breeze don't remember the model, but after enough smoke exposure the machine just stoppped working.

Hope my advice coulda help ya!

-ismoke

Freebird17
12-14-2009, 04:20 PM
I've got an ionic pro, the more reasonable priced version of the ionic breeze(the compact 18" version, as it's in a small room). It works very well except that it releases ozone(o3 i think? some people refer to it as the smell of ions, but with the ionic pro it is really ozone) . Some people complain of headaches but I nor anyone who's been in the same room have noticed anything, and you just wipe the metal collection blades down and put them back in(I wash them every few days though(they are just metal and plastic, completely safe to wash)).
I'd say if you've got the money to burn go with the Ionic breeze, otherwise go for the Ionic pro(or the ionic pro compact.)

Ismoke2much
12-14-2009, 05:37 PM
^^^ that ozone smell is the same that you would smell at a LAN center or a room full of computers, I personally enjoy the smell, smells very clean, but has been known to rust metals and cause headaches from high levels. I doubt any ionic breeze product releases enough ozone to cause either of those things to happen.

-ismoke

OnlyHighGrade
12-14-2009, 07:03 PM
i've heard of people attaching a ground wire to their ionic breezes. like a little copper wire at the bass with one of those alligator(roach) clips on the end. Then you just clip a decent size piece of aluminum foil to it and the foil actually collects all the weighted down ions. Never tried it, only seen it in other's rooms.

espo13
12-14-2009, 08:53 PM
thanks for the great help guys. I managed to convince my friend to let me use his, considering his just sits in his room..so hopefully it will do the trick!

dankocalypse
12-18-2009, 10:38 PM
look into getting an inline fan and a carb scrubber tho, you could definately set one up in any box