PDA

View Full Version : Zob

ja rasta
12-13-2009, 12:44 AM
So for anyone that owns a zob. I was talking with a homie and he was like I heard ZOB is arabis for something, and an arabic guy owns zob. So we got out the dick-tionary. And zob is arabic for knob, cock knob. "You western kids are slobbing on our zob's" and zob is arabic slang for penis. Sooo for all you kids that like smoking your Zob you really just like smokin cock. I dont undersatd why you would name your company penis.... hahaha I'm done... cocksmokers... I can't stop laughing

Originally Posted by Ninja http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8520#post8520)
Zob is arabic slang for "knob" as a reference to one's penis.
It's a joke saying " you western kids are sucking on our 'zob' " that IMHO isnt funny.
( no the owners are not from the US I guess they feel it's funny to insult us like that)_)

Zob did contract the guys that were assembling Lux tubes and decided to slap their name on someone elses product.

so yes quality wise.. it's same as a lux.. but personally I cant support a knock off tube named "cock".

Aqua Lab Tech
12-13-2009, 01:03 AM
The owners told us it was short for ZION OF BABYLON.

Aqua Lab Tech

(ek9)budz
12-13-2009, 01:13 AM
i bought one of the two 8 arm tree beaker zob's from aqualab and i can say i dont enjoy smoking the knob lol. quality is just shitty. set up terribly, joint is junk, downstems junk, bowl is junk, trees work for shit. just picked up a kind creations inline tube tho so im very happy lol. and yes i knew about what the word zob meant before i bought it. i find that the insult lies more in the fact that the owners think thats its ok to sell such low quality glass more then using the slang name for a penis as the name of their company

EEbrew
12-13-2009, 01:14 AM
ZOB owns sheldon black, and ZOB makes trees for toro.....

(ek9)budz
12-13-2009, 01:16 AM
i heard luke wilson was actually the one putting the trees in zobs.... and doesnt toro make trees for toro... lol

tito14
12-13-2009, 03:31 AM
I would love to know who is actually making the trees for zob, or who they make them for. I hear so many different things about who makes what for who, I feel like I dont really know shit.

My LHS owner is Arabic and sells ZOBs like its his job. He loves them. He has the double halo beakers, all the A/Cs, the Minis, the Rastas, the OGs, tons of them. I havent really been too tempted to buy one other than the Mini, but I cant wait to see what he has to say about this. He has a great sense of humor, and I wouldnt put a joke like that past his knowledge.

endoklino
12-13-2009, 04:56 AM
wow do u not think before u talk or u just tryin to being funny? jw:confused:

DaNK
12-13-2009, 05:03 AM

Your a true idiot! Toro does not out source there tree work or their facet work. Zob also does not own Sheldon Black. You should get your facts straight b4 looking like a total moron!

Basack
12-13-2009, 05:18 AM
And your telling us this why now Ja rasta haha? You know how many daamn times this discussion has been brought up? Your a little late to tell people with zobs there suckin on dick. Did you and your friend think you both figured that out lol?

Freebird17
12-13-2009, 06:02 AM
ZOB makes trees for toro.....

Yeah, and I created the internet with Al Gore

ZOB owns sheldon black

There was a rumor on grassshitty that ZOB was buying RooR.us and after that the Sheldon Black thing went down. I'm pretty sure that's where this rumor came from, unless you meant is as ZOB > Sheldon Black

Does your hating have anything to do with Ghost announcing that he's doing colabs with Zob? I only ask because you posted this the say day that he announced it, and you got the quote that you used from the same site

And I've never had a problem with zobs quality, you just need to know what your getting into beforehand

Aqua Lab Tech
12-13-2009, 07:08 AM
i heard luke wilson was actually the one putting the trees in zobs.... and doesnt toro make trees for toro... lol

All ZOB Trees are made by ZOB now.

Aqua Lab Tech

EEbrew
12-13-2009, 07:24 AM
Toro does not out source there tree work

hahahahhahahaahahahahhahahahahahahhaha

chilidog332001
12-13-2009, 07:41 AM
hahahahhahahaahahahahhahahahahahahhaha

I second the laughing.

Razz
12-13-2009, 08:22 AM
you glass homos really know how to jerk each other off, huh?

ja rasta
12-13-2009, 09:36 AM
i bought one of the two 8 arm tree beaker zob's from aqualab and i can say i dont enjoy smoking the knob lol. quality is just shitty. set up terribly, joint is junk, downstems junk, bowl is junk, trees work for shit. just picked up a kind creations inline tube tho so im very happy lol. and yes i knew about what the word zob meant before i bought it. i find that the insult lies more in the fact that the owners think thats its ok to sell such low quality glass more then using the slang name for a penis as the name of their company

dont lie you didnt know what it meant

ja rasta
12-13-2009, 09:38 AM

Didnt want to put it on BLAST but yes ZOB=Lux=TORO@@@@ :confused: why janky, to somewhat dank, to the "shit" idn maybe they want to appeal to everyone... the world may never know

ja rasta
12-13-2009, 09:39 AM
I would love to know who is actually making the trees for zob, or who they make them for. I hear so many different things about who makes what for who, I feel like I dont really know shit.

My LHS owner is Arabic and sells ZOBs like its his job. He loves them. He has the double halo beakers, all the A/Cs, the Minis, the Rastas, the OGs, tons of them. I havent really been too tempted to buy one other than the Mini, but I cant wait to see what he has to say about this. He has a great sense of humor, and I wouldnt put a joke like that past his knowledge.

lol please share with us what he has to say

ja rasta
12-13-2009, 09:42 AM
And your telling us this why now Ja rasta haha? You know how many daamn times this discussion has been brought up? Your a little late to tell people with zobs there suckin on dick. Did you and your friend think you both figured that out lol?

Nah, I just thought it was funny. Actually yes I thought I was the very first one to know this so i wanted to share it with you all..wink wink... I was just rollin so hard when I heard this I had to make a thread lol. hahah suckin on dick, ballsack do you own a zob? actually i did think i figured it out, G-E-N-I-U-S

ja rasta
12-13-2009, 09:42 AM
I do give you credit for once for making me laugh though, mr. sack :)

ja rasta
12-13-2009, 09:44 AM
All ZOB Trees are made by ZOB now.

Aqua Lab Tech

All ZOB trees are made by a glassblowing penis??? thats a little cliche dont you think? haha I know Im gunna get shit for this one..

ja rasta
12-13-2009, 09:45 AM
you glass homos really know how to jerk each other off, huh?

That we do Razz, that we do... You migrating growers really know how to circle jerk too dont cha??? ...mwah...

Why dont you take one of those giant nugs of yours break half off like a kit kat send it to me so I can smoke it, then get the other half put it in a peace pipe instead of selling it and smoke it... then respond here... probably will be just as superfluous of a comment though... oh well you are a cloudy headed moderator after all

Razz
12-13-2009, 03:45 PM
hahahahahahaha, that wasn't the response i expected!!! i just dont see the super big deal about glass, it's just an accessory. after all, this is a hash site!

Basack
12-13-2009, 06:55 PM
I do give you credit for once for making me laugh though, mr. sack :)

Ha i shoulda expected an uneducated answer like that lol. No I dont own a zob anymore. And way to quadruple post again!

edit: oh wait 7 posts in a row? lol nice dude set a new record.

(ek9)budz
12-13-2009, 06:56 PM
dont lie you didnt know what it meant

r u kidding? there is threads specifically on this exact same topic on tokecity. i tend to research glass before i buy it, this isnt new news to many of us on here im sure lol

themasochist
12-13-2009, 08:04 PM
hahahahahahaha, that wasn't the response i expected!!! i just dont see the super big deal about glass, it's just an accessory. after all, this is a hash site!
word......

ja rasta
12-13-2009, 11:30 PM
it is a hash site but I dont particularly like posting my stash to the world... and anyone that can get on here and view whatver I have to say and show... after all there are new people coming on here everyday that i know nothing about, anyone remember op. pipe dreams? thats a rhetorical question by the way.

ripps
12-14-2009, 12:03 AM
it is a hash site but I dont particularly like posting my stash to the world... .

Look at your avatar

OrganicOdins420
12-14-2009, 12:10 AM
digression

ja rasta
12-14-2009, 12:26 AM
Look at your avatar

Haha oops. But as organic said, im using discretion... Thats just a pic from the internet ;)

ja rasta
12-14-2009, 12:27 AM
Ahhh he may have said digression, but this is my thread lol. Yeah I say we keep it on the topic of the penis tubes.

greenerdeaner
12-15-2009, 12:33 AM
Hey ja rasta, you know you can quote multiple posts in the same post right? hahaha

glitch
12-15-2009, 01:48 AM
hahaha great thread. everything about it especially the convo's. i enjoyed reading this. lol.

Shibbydonkey
12-15-2009, 02:38 AM
I understand completely now how there are people out there who have been members for half as long as me but 4 times the post count, threads like these...

tnbkrew
12-15-2009, 07:50 PM
i got my first zob a few years ago and since ive picked that one up zobs have changed alotttttt. I liked them back then but not so much anymore.

JamesDean
12-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Your original statement makes sense, ja. 'Zob' is also slang for cock in French, I believe, with the phrase "Suce la zob" (or something like that, I failed french 3 years in a row like 6 years ago) meaning "suck my dick."

Either way, I'll stick with Toro, SG, Hops, etc....

Bongwater420
12-20-2009, 03:15 PM
this thread is pointless and stupid

mod should just dump it

jdizzglass
12-20-2009, 03:44 PM
ignorance is bliss

dankocalypse
12-21-2009, 12:38 PM
why would a tube company want there tubes to be called "cock" in a certain language? they would most likely want people to think they are cool so im going to go with it stand for Zion Of Babylon

amtbps
12-21-2009, 06:05 PM
why would a tube company want there tubes to be called "cock" in a certain language? they would most likely want people to think they are cool so im going to go with it stand for Zion Of Babylon

Maybe cus they had no idea, dante.

OnlyHighGrade
12-21-2009, 06:29 PM
^^^^ i've heard this same stupid story for the past 10 years. The only thing that changes is the language.

amtbps
12-21-2009, 06:39 PM
^^^^ i've heard this same stupid story for the past 10 years. The only thing that changes is the language.

but i thought it was portuguese!

domm11
12-24-2009, 02:23 AM
well my only input to this thread would be

zobs suck

probably why you dont see a zob appreciation thread cause who could appreciate a piece of shit?

Superfluous
12-24-2009, 02:36 AM
Or just because not everyone who owns nice glass is a giddy little fanboy seeking attention for their pieces.

I own a two zob pieces, and both are great quality glass.

Has anybody even proposed any reason as to why ZOB glass is sub-par other than the name? I mean how seriously petty can you get?

domm11
12-24-2009, 05:40 PM
its not about attention .. its just about appreciation of nice glass hence the name toro appreciation

and heres why zobs suck in my opinion: i hit a beaker zob with 2 8-arm tree percs as well as a halo ac. it was rather harsh. i hit a toro circ/circ .. i did not even know i was inhaling smoke

granted the toro costs a bit more than that zob but you get what you pay for. and zobs suck.

Concentrated
12-24-2009, 06:03 PM
I want a Toro Circ/Circ so much. Does ZOB make any Circ's? (srs question)

domm11
12-24-2009, 06:42 PM
i never seen one but they mite

420p
12-24-2009, 07:52 PM
its not about attention .. its just about appreciation of nice glass hence the name toro appreciation

and heres why zobs suck in my opinion: i hit a beaker zob with 2 8-arm tree percs as well as a halo ac. it was rather harsh. i hit a toro circ/circ .. i did not even know i was inhaling smoke

granted the toro costs a bit more than that zob but you get what you pay for. and zobs suck.

Yes, I did. Same thing. Friend of mind picked up the zob beaker 8/8 and halo a/c.. It was harsh as fuck and burned my lungs (in fairness this was "compared" to the toro circ/circ I purchased...) I mean they're good but you really notice the poor filtration when you come from hitting a "better" piece

OrganicOdins420
12-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Yes, I did. Same thing. Friend of mind picked up the zob beaker 8/8 and halo a/c.. It was harsh as fuck and burned my lungs (in fairness this was "compared" to the toro circ/circ I purchased...) I mean they're good but you really notice the poor filtration when you come from hitting a "better" piece

i Have a zob beaker 4 arm, same tube as the lux, and it rips as well as my SG mini beaker.

WaTdAbLuNt420
12-24-2009, 09:54 PM
hhheeeeyyyy.....different strokes for different folks

f0urtwenty
12-25-2009, 03:58 AM
in or around 06 - 07 i can say definitively that zob glass was routinely very thin, especially the beakers towards the bottom. during this time frame i saw two that had broken and inspected the thickness of the glass. it was not uniform throughout, with wide variations and even some parts down to 2-3mm on a 5mm beaker. i cannot say i've had any experience with any recent zob glass, so things may have changed. just my 2cents.

Superfluous start a zob appreciation thread. i'd like to see some good pics and inspect some handiwork. i'd also like to see what zob has been doing recently.

hellogoodfriend
12-25-2009, 08:12 AM
I just went to my local head shop today where zob is one of their main suppliers and the two owners of the shop and zob are close friends.
They had an assortment of 8 arm beakers and straights and double 8's. A few of them even had a little bit of work done on them.

I believe that zob started off as a pretty small cheap company and they have refocused and redesigned their line after gathering a negative rep in the community. I inspected a few of their designs and most were 5 or 7mm and all felt solid with no visible imperfections. They are defininetly upping the quality and function of their line

420p
12-26-2009, 08:48 AM
they just feel cheap and come across as cheap to me the way they rip and milk idk its weak

ja rasta
12-26-2009, 10:34 AM
lol I love my life

fornoone
12-26-2009, 01:42 PM
I believe that zob started off as a pretty small cheap company and they have refocused and redesigned their line after gathering a negative rep in the community. I inspected a few of their designs and most were 5 or 7mm and all felt solid with no visible imperfections. They are defininetly upping the quality and function of their line
I'm sorry but you are wrong.
Zob is a large scale glass studio/factory that employs some pretty "cheap" labor to mass produce pieces mostly based off other artists' designs.

All opinions aside, it is what it is. Most people simply don't care enough about the glass scene as a counter-culture and community for it to matter to them who they support.

hellogoodfriend
12-27-2009, 07:16 PM
I guess the guy at the shop was just talking out of his ass then? I've been googling their stuff recently and yeah they are definitely very mass produced but their new stuff is looking way better then their old stuff however its still on the lower side of the glass industry.

do you have any specific examples of them stealing designs? it would be interesting to learn more about it

Superfluous
12-27-2009, 09:12 PM
All artists uh borrow designs.

fornoone
12-28-2009, 08:16 AM
I never said stealing, Zob has its "fair" place in the glass market like everyone else. Just make sure you know where they stand in comparison to other artists and companies.

Freebird17
12-28-2009, 08:22 AM
Anyone heard anything new about the ghost/zob collabs?

jdizzglass
01-04-2010, 04:07 PM
what the fuck is going on here.????
dosent the gramps shop build zop tubes?
and if im wrong correct me but they always produce blanks for medicali LUX and black star? aswell as making Prodo tree percs? that zob acually use 2?

i dunno here this whole "penis" thing is really stupid and i understand not going near the company last year but they really have stepped there game up now since theve been outsourced to the USA
IMHO if you dont wanna spend your whole paycheck on a toro and you want something pratical with percs and shit then zobs the way to go
My boy picked up a double halo and a mini 8 arm ashcastcher and its a VERY smooth hitting tube joints are spot on angles are great and the halos are perfect.....This was an industry first for them and i dont think it failed as much as other people are explaining it

fornoone
01-11-2010, 07:04 AM
I've had a zob halo triple and it sucked ass.

jafolker
01-11-2010, 05:57 PM
wow how dumb is eebrew? Sheldon black had the old ROOR US. license and ZOB has the new one how could they be the same company? God damn some people need to do more research before saying stupid shit.

Bongwater420
01-11-2010, 06:00 PM
what the fuck is going on here.????
dosent the gramps shop build zop tubes?
and if im wrong correct me but they always produce blanks for medicali LUX and black star? aswell as making Prodo tree percs? that zob acually use 2?

i dunno here this whole "penis" thing is really stupid and i understand not going near the company last year but they really have stepped there game up now since theve been outsourced to the USA
IMHO if you dont wanna spend your whole paycheck on a toro and you want something pratical with percs and shit then zobs the way to go
My boy picked up a double halo and a mini 8 arm ashcastcher and its a VERY smooth hitting tube joints are spot on angles are great and the halos are perfect.....This was an industry first for them and i dont think it failed as much as other people are explaining it

finally clarification thank U!

sinsemillapleas
01-11-2010, 06:19 PM
ZOB's halo hits like shit.... I was really excited when I first saw it too. :(

domm11
01-12-2010, 01:31 AM
ZOB's are like the Kia of bongs. they work, not well, but they work. just like a Kia, it will get you to where you have to go, but its certaintly nothing special.

you get what you pay for. that holds true for anything. including glass.

unless you goto a yankee's game. then you get what you pay for, as well as getting fucked in the ass. i mean shit 10 dollars for a god damn cheeseburger. i gotta bring the lube next time i go there to ease the pain.

but uhh yeah that digression was kind of pointless

Hydrophilic
01-12-2010, 06:45 AM
ZOB's are like the Kia of bongs. they work, not well, but they work. just like a Kia, it will get you to where you have to go, but its certaintly nothing special.

unless you goto a yankee's game. then you get what you pay for, as well as getting fucked in the ass. i mean shit 10 dollars for a god damn cheeseburger. i gotta bring the lube next time i go there to ease the pain.

Haha, shit is getting out of hand. I remember in little league like 15 years ago when a big ass hot dog was a buck, now you get some pussy ass small hotdog in an oversized 13 cent costco bun for like $8.75.

toalex
01-12-2010, 07:50 AM

They're really not that bad of tubes.
Like are you seeing something that I'm missing :confused:
http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/A/Q/AQL-12-8-09-3.jpg
http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/A/Q/AQL-12-8-09-4.jpg

http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/I/M/IMG_3289_6.jpg

http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/I/M/IMG_3416_1.jpg

jdizzglass
01-12-2010, 09:47 PM
trees are very draggy
thats all im saying about this situation

toalex
01-13-2010, 12:50 AM
trees are very draggy

I'm confused as to how they're draggy, they look identical to luke wilsons trees.

jafolker
01-13-2010, 05:12 PM
they're definitely not as bad as some people would make them sound but they're also not the tube a true collector would cherish. Just saying

the645project
01-13-2010, 05:47 PM
trees are very draggy

that is definatly not the case. have you ever pulled through a newer gen zob tube without their stock diffy? their trees flow as well as any other 8arm..

jdizzglass
01-13-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm confused as to how they're draggy, they look identical to luke wilsons trees.

Tube bore size and design creates back pressure inside the tube
i have no problem with them its just a classic mistake thats is made when using trees. Larger trees would solve this problem but then junky becomes and issue

jdizzglass
01-14-2010, 12:01 AM
that is definatly not the case. have you ever pulled through a newer gen zob tube without their stock diffy? their trees flow as well as any other 8arm..

I highly dont agree at all. I used it with a SGW showerhead diffy and as you can see with my previous argument. IF bore size was increases slightly i feel you would get a much better flow and perculation to your hit. IMHO
Not bad as is.....but you can always cut, break down, enlarge, and blow out to improve on the functionality of any tube or peice

P.S. MODS....Multi quote button is not visible. Hence double post