PDA

View Full Version : site upgrade

Pages : [1] 2

fullmeltbubble
12-13-2009, 04:07 AM
We'll be updating the site on Sunday Dec. 19th....the site maybe down for a day....please if you have any for sale or auction threads have them be done by the 19th....There's gonna be some semi major changes...we'll keep you up to date.....

hashcat
12-13-2009, 04:11 AM
are we gonna lose old threads like we did that first time a while back??

Green Supreme
12-13-2009, 04:33 AM
How many threads did you lose? Peace GS

fullmeltbubble
12-13-2009, 05:10 AM
i didn't do the last upgrade....i will do my best to make sure no threads are lost

ja rasta
12-13-2009, 09:27 AM
uh oh, change is a comin

Concentrated
12-13-2009, 05:40 PM
I am scared of change.

Also w00t 1st post on here I think. Been staring open mouthed at glass in here for a week or so, finding so much stuff I "have" to get, soon.

awesome site Bubbleman, glad to have found your hideout.

hashcat
12-13-2009, 09:03 PM
if i remember correctly, there were a good chunk missing. further back..i remember trying to find a few threads that were no longer anywhere to be found. these were threads...not in the glass forum, the change before the glass forum.

How many threads did you lose? Peace GS

Green Supreme
12-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Hey there, was just noticing glass chat seems well established now, can we open a room for weed and hash. Gets a little tiring having folks come into chat, not even saying hello just a link right away and anyone wanna buy a grid. Kinda boring for the weed hash heads. If you build it, I will fill it. Peace GS

Justme
12-14-2009, 06:55 PM
thanks for the heads up... can't wait to see the changes ..

good luck

Justme

hashcat
12-14-2009, 07:29 PM
Hey there, was just noticing glass chat seems well established now, can we open a room for weed and hash. Gets a little tiring having folks come into chat, not even saying hello just a link right away and anyone wanna buy a grid. Kinda boring for the weed hash heads. If you build it, I will fill it. Peace GS

am sooooo down for this too

i just found chat a month or so ago but am SO sick of goin in chat and tryin to talk bubble/bud and just get shutdown with everyone else talking glass its like my post just vanishes to the top in no time without being seen..

BigManNew
12-14-2009, 11:11 PM
I think we should add a Support Forum where people can go if they need help using the site or need questions answered about how to do something site related.

EDIT: I believe it would be incredibly useful for people who are new to the site and arent sure how everything works.

tnbkrew
12-15-2009, 07:41 PM
cant wait to see the new changes!

gotta love FMB

Vitaherb
12-16-2009, 05:20 AM
yea i'm stoked for what i've been hearing/reading.

Thx fmb~!

fornoone
12-17-2009, 09:29 AM
i didn\'t do the last upgrade....i will do my best to make sure no threads are lost

Do you need someone who can to a vb sql database transfer cleanly?

BigManNew
12-17-2009, 07:54 PM
Do you need someone who can to a vb sql database transfer cleanly?

I would PM him if I were you, chances are he will see the PM before he sees what you wrote in this thread... just a thought

fornoone
12-17-2009, 08:19 PM
^^ I have, I sent him some info that'll hopefully be of help

fullmeltbubble
12-19-2009, 08:13 PM
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/flashcoms/videochat/server/php/videochat.php?roomId=&uid=Test&langId=

video chat will still be up tommorow...if you need your fmb fix...click the direct link....

yawbus
12-22-2009, 06:17 PM
any updates on this???

EatYourEye
12-22-2009, 07:11 PM
woot upgrade!

Freebird17
12-22-2009, 07:19 PM
no one else can see profiles, right? Like when you click on a name and it brings you to the member stat page thing(it instead says "warning blah blah fatal error blah blah"). I just want to make sure it's not firefox

BigManNew
12-22-2009, 07:55 PM
When I click on a name I cant see the profile now either and I am using safari.
What comes up instead is :

"Warning: require_once([path]/includes/functions_itrader.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in [path]/includes/init.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 127

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/raid/home/fullmelt/fullmeltbubble/forum/includes/functions_itrader.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/scripts/php-5211/lib/php') in /raid/home/fullmelt/fullmeltbubble/forum/includes/init.php(304) : eval()'d code on line 127"

fullmeltbubble
12-22-2009, 08:54 PM
working on the problem....thanks for pointing it out.....any other bugs you find please let me know.... thanks

freakyfoot
12-22-2009, 09:16 PM
i found one
i can't see the glass market
=/
haha

keithonfire
12-22-2009, 09:17 PM
lol dude the glass market is now private thats basically the main reason the site is being upgraded!!!

yawbus
12-22-2009, 09:19 PM
is the glass market back up yet?

freakyfoot
12-22-2009, 09:19 PM
.....it was a joke bro
hence the face and the haha

keithonfire
12-22-2009, 09:23 PM
oh lol missed that ...oh well sorry u cant see the market maybe u get in goodluck!!

yawbus
12-22-2009, 09:26 PM
so its up but now private?

freakyfoot
12-22-2009, 09:29 PM
i should
10char

big daddy
12-22-2009, 09:30 PM
yea like yawbus said whats going on??

fullmeltbubble
12-22-2009, 09:30 PM
the market is still closed...no one has access to it yet...

freakyfoot
12-22-2009, 09:31 PM
supposedly they're trying to fix it
but imho they just ruined it
--------
if no one has access then how am i getting updates to threads that are in the glass market>?

keithonfire
12-22-2009, 09:34 PM
lol y is that freeky foot? it will be better and safer for buyers spending alot of money when purchasing glass, im actually happy this is happening i have absolute perfect feedback so i know i will be apart of it and if every one that is going to be apart of the private market is as legit as me then the market is going to be a very very good and safe place to purchase glass from!!! this is my honest opinion

freakyfoot
12-22-2009, 09:38 PM
well keeth what about the people who don't have 700+ to throw down on glass like myself but are still trying to get nice glass at reasonable prices
head shops where i'm from have a horrible selection and charge entirely too much
e.g. 500 for a phx trinity

fullmeltbubble
12-22-2009, 09:42 PM
i've learned long ago cruising cannabis websites...its IMPOSSIBLE to make a change without pissing some people off....now that i'm thinking about it, its not just canna sites...CHANGE is good people....the old market was a free for all....complete disregard of the rules, people ripping people off.....there's not a public forum on the internet that allows users to sell and buy glass....we TRIED to allow it, but for reasons i think are VERY clear it failed miserably....so where does that leave us now? Well we are gonna reopen the market as a PRIVATE forum...meaning if you don't have access you won't see the threads or posts...the market will be the same market you've grown to love, but without the endless "sick piece" posts, and the rippers...Please put a little faith in us, i think we've run this site as people friendly as possible...we are always trying to reach new limits. Thanks

freakyfoot
12-22-2009, 09:44 PM
all i'm saying is i've had 3 smooth transactions and waiting on my 4th to come through so i think i should be allowed in
and was just voicing my opinion which is the whole point of a forum

fullmeltbubble
12-22-2009, 09:45 PM
yet, we haven't decided how or who we are gonna let in...and you've assumed you wont be let in?

oldmanmozz
12-22-2009, 09:48 PM
thanks for heads up FMB, appreciate your effort at this busy time year,

best of season all Mozz

freakyfoot
12-22-2009, 09:48 PM
no i didn't i know not to assume anything because i know what it does
i'm just wondering how i'm getting updates to threads that i'm subscribed to that only exist in the glass market if no one has been let in yet.....

nugglife
12-22-2009, 09:53 PM
sounds good to me fmb

p0sitivemindset
12-22-2009, 09:54 PM
i would like to know how people like myself might be let in who don't put up posts all up and down this site and have made very few purchases but would still like to get some quality glass for good prices. Before this news of the market going down i was putting together pay checks to get an sg but i hope i can get back on because i don't know where i could score an sg besides here and cgc which we all know only ships in cali.

yawbus
12-22-2009, 09:57 PM
well keeth what about the people who don't have 700+ to throw down on glass like myself but are still trying to get nice glass at reasonable prices
head shops where i'm from have a horrible selection and charge entirely too much
e.g. 500 for a phx trinity

you don't have to buy/sell a $700 tube to have a good reputation. there are many members that don't have those tubes myself included that i would feel completely comfortable trusting my money with.

thanks to all the FMB team for doing what they do. i know this site is for hash but it has really opened another door for me with the glass side of it. with out this place my collection wouldn't be a third of what it is and i'm thankful for that. thanks again guys and happy holidays

oldmanmozz
12-22-2009, 10:07 PM
thanks to all the FMB team for doing what they do. i know this site is for hash but it has really opened another door for me with the glass side of it. with out this place my collection wouldn't be a third of what it is and i'm thankful for that. thanks again guys and happy holidays

ditto to that yawbus, well said

keithonfire
12-22-2009, 10:16 PM
yea i get what ur saying but even when buying glass that isnt so expensive wouldnt u want to know that everyone ur dealing with is a legit seller?

Basack
12-22-2009, 10:20 PM
supposedly they're trying to fix it
but imho they just ruined it
--------
if no one has access then how am i getting updates to threads that are in the glass market>?

you wait a few damn days until it opens and be patient lol?

fullmeltbubble
12-22-2009, 10:22 PM
i just checked i see no recent activity in the glass market...being that no one has access....

EatYourEye
12-22-2009, 11:17 PM
upgrade ! new glass markets gonna be sick everyone get stoked!

DaNK
12-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Rock on FMB we good folks will wait patiently!!

^^^post 911 lol!

freakyfoot
12-22-2009, 11:36 PM
idk i'm getting emails about posts i'm subscribed to
speak for yourself i can't wait
i'm addicted to glass!!!!!!
i need mah fix

BigManNew
12-22-2009, 11:47 PM
I think that making the glass market private is a great idea (it seems like I'm just repeating what has been said lol). One of the main things that got my attention about FMB more than other cana websites was the glass market. KaptainKhronik referred me to this site mainly because of the glass market, but after being here a while it opened new doors to me and I have learned a lot in my time here.

So with that,
Thank you FMB

TopherToke
12-23-2009, 03:40 AM
I also hope to get access soon

DCALLSTARR
12-23-2009, 04:53 AM
the private forum sounds like a fantastic idea to me. other sites do it and there are completely no problems what so ever with rippers or bs posts.

bman and fullmeltbubble make the decisions and we all know the old market was a free for all and they gave everyone way too many chances to listen to the rules and alot of people disrgarded them. myself included on some occasions but it will be sorted out and they will decided with great thought who is positive addition to the glass market.

hopefully i will be a part of it i remember when NO one was on this site and i told trikky n 521 and boom this place blew up!
its for the best of FMB that this change takes place i just hope we get it up and running soon.

Bezooomy
12-23-2009, 04:58 AM
Thanks for the update

nickz0r
12-23-2009, 05:03 AM
ditto to that yawbus, well said

agreed, thank you FMB and all you offer us!

rastailly951
12-23-2009, 05:08 AM
I specifically used to NOT tell my friends about FMB for the simple fact that it was just so surreal that I knew it would "blow up" in only a matter of time. Thanks for the update fmb, keep tokin'.

ps. for the longest time i told my friends i purchased my tube off "ebay" and they were checking that shit daily for a tube...too funny. hopefully someone got a kick out of that like me. im stoned

murd0c
12-23-2009, 05:25 AM
The new updates look really good, Thanks for all that hard work. I can't wait to hear about the market for course. May be if you are wondering what to do about it make them have to belong to the site for a certain period of time or a certain amount of posts?

hashcat
12-23-2009, 06:21 AM
hopefully i will be a part of it i remember when NO one was on this site and i told trikky n 521 and boom this place blew up!

yes i remember a day:(:(

those guys had to move around 100 toros just themselves:sick1:

lets keep it on lock!!! we dont need any new comers unless you have a tie with a current member (even if its just an online friend)

sounds good to me

hashcat
12-23-2009, 06:23 AM
May be if you are wondering what to do about it make them have to belong to the site for a certain period of time or a certain amount of posts?

shit if we made the requirement say, 6 months, wed lose half our population...........lets do it!

edit: seriously

trichomefarmer
12-23-2009, 07:07 AM
Love the new background.

BigManNew
12-23-2009, 09:00 AM
Woah! this is crazy everything is so WIDE! and blue!

BigManNew
12-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Hey FMB I cant click on networking, settings & options, and Miscellaneous when I'm at my control panel.

Edit: also I can't click on Thread Tools, Search this Thread, Rate Thread, and Display Modes

big daddy
12-23-2009, 09:17 AM
i think its a good idea it goes private there where too many scammers and kids dibsing and not buying ect good job fullmeltbubble

headimonster
12-23-2009, 10:26 AM
i think its a great idea its private, like everyone was sayin other sites do it, and its protection, and yeah, the background is definately yummy....!!

DCALLSTARR
12-23-2009, 05:26 PM
but when are we going to know if we are or are not going to be part of a private forum.. i mean whose going to go through the entire lists of members and decide "this ones in, this ones out"..

are there just going to be certain requirements that must be met? i don't necessarily think post count should be the deciding factor either.. should be based on character, positive comments on transactions and OTHER activity on the forum, knowledge and length of membership without negative reports.

cheers BMAN and FMB on a job well done!
-DC

Tokez
12-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Going private?

TheFuckingKid
12-23-2009, 06:05 PM
Amen DC, im diggin the new update and as for the market going private......Great Idea and well needed. hopefully they post a thread or post in here.. when they allow the selective private group back into the market.

winspence3
12-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Change is good! come on people who thought no change is a good thing here? We need to constantly keep this community what it is, a community and not just a marketplace to make a buck on some glass. This is afterall a bubble forum I do believe. I also really like the new background, makes me feel warm. Peace and oneLOVE~ Win

Snipo
12-23-2009, 06:28 PM
as long as it keeps people from being ripped off then its worth the wait! also love the new background.

fullmeltbubble
12-23-2009, 08:23 PM
bigman it seems to be a bug in vbulletin...certain threads contain "errors" that prohibit the page to load fully....i'm looking into fixing it....thanks

Frosty
12-23-2009, 08:41 PM
Nice to see some changes around here.

Hopefully this new system works, I don't think I'll be gettin any of the stuff that I got ripped off in the past back, but I've got a feeling it'll prevent more stuff happening in the future.

A few questions though:
-Can anyone still BUY from the 'established' sellers?
-Any chance a sales rep system will be put in place?

Lovin' the updates
peace
Dave

fullmeltbubble
12-23-2009, 08:43 PM
i'm setting up a rating system for sure....the market(buying and selling) will be completely invisable to those without access.

f0urtwenty
12-23-2009, 08:48 PM
you can't make everybody happy all of the time. but you're doing a good job.

recently i had talked about fmb on another site regarding ice water extraction but was immediately flamed and told not to talk about fmb, because of the glass market. like it was fight club or something. so a priv glass market will fix that. :)

thanks hillie.

midwestdream
12-23-2009, 09:06 PM
yes! FMB, we love you dearly and can't wait to see what's in the future for the community. I feel like a part of me is missing with the market being down, haha.

Merry Christmas to all the heads!
hope you guys have a safe and medicated time!

BigManNew
12-23-2009, 09:15 PM
I feel like a part of me is missing with the market being down

ditto midwestdream, I feel exactly the same way

tito14
12-23-2009, 09:25 PM
Okay, nobody has given any indication as to how we can become members of the glass trading community. All Im looking for is a list of requirements or steps.

EatYourEye
12-23-2009, 09:31 PM
patience all will come in time

dog fish
12-23-2009, 09:43 PM
hope everything works out. good lck guys. hopefully everything will be up and running soon. (hopefully they let me in)

f0urtwenty
12-23-2009, 09:52 PM
Okay, nobody has given any indication as to how we can become members of the glass trading community. All Im looking for is a list of requirements or steps.

this sums it up:

yet, we haven't decided how or who we are gonna let in...

in due time.

hashcat
12-23-2009, 10:09 PM
did the background just switch again??? looks like a pic more heads this time (maybe im just high) sick!!!!

fullmeltbubble
12-23-2009, 10:11 PM
yea thanks to kudo's for helping me....looks pretty good i think no?

Freebird17
12-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I like this newest backround more than the last one(the last updated one from earlier).. It flows alot better and makes my mouth water :snake:

NYCtoker420
12-23-2009, 10:56 PM
loving the new background guys and any idea when the mark will be up to certain members ? fullmeltbubble jw ? cant wait for the new site to finsih thanks FMB and happy x-mas and new year

stay lifted NYCtoker

slippeh
12-23-2009, 10:57 PM
new bg is sick! glad to see the updates for this lovely forum.

merry Christmas bubbleman and all the FMB heads!

sliv33
12-23-2009, 11:43 PM
i love the new upgrades to this site, cant wait for the glass market to be open now

Kudos
12-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Thanks for props on the new background guys :)

And thanks to whoever took the pic of Skunkman Sam's 99.9% dry sift! Bubbleman I think?

tito14
12-24-2009, 02:59 AM
Well thanks for the reply, good to know we're not being left in the dark. Site looks great, btw.

thehodgod
12-24-2009, 07:31 AM
Wow I love that new background and it definately seems like I'm not the only one jonesing for the glass market haha. Take your time with it though bubbleman, I'm sure it will turn out even better!

tnbkrew
12-24-2009, 09:38 AM
I feel like a part of me is missing with the market being down, haha.

I agree. It used to be a daily routine for me to check out the market. Hopefully Ill be lucky enough to have access to it in the future.

And i Also LOVE the new background.
Damn i CANT WAIT till next season to make my first batch of bubble.

Manxter
12-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Shit.... I've been checking this thread every day (multiple times each day) and I haven't even been smoking for a few weeks. It's an addiction!!!

tnbkrew
12-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Shit.... I've been checking this thread every day (multiple times each day) and I haven't even been smoking for a few weeks. It's an addiction!!!

same here, except its only been about a week or so for me haha

jBUCKS420
12-24-2009, 02:13 PM
I think it looks great, and you have our full support with making things safer around here!

KCglassart
12-24-2009, 04:59 PM
How will we know if we are still able to get back into the market ? The site is looking clean. Loven the blues.

yawbus
12-24-2009, 06:25 PM
How will we know if we are still able to get back into the market ? The site is looking clean. Loven the blues.

you can't see it? damn that sucks

not :snake: can't wait

RichmondRuckus
12-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Im sooo lost, is the market not coming back up or whats the deal?

TheFuckingKid
12-24-2009, 06:56 PM
Im sooo lost, is the market not coming back up or whats the deal?

how can you be lost...havent you been reading? the market is coming back as private... whenever and however they sort through members to determine who will have access and who will not. you will either be able to see it or be unable to see it....... PATIENCE young grass hopper. the updates are looking amazing and sorting through all the members is gunna be tedious. Just like everyone else im hoping to be able to fill my addiction of keeping tabs on the market...only time will tell.....keep up the good work FMB

CrazyToker22
12-24-2009, 07:12 PM
cant wait for this new market. just gonna have to keep playing Modern warfare 2 till its up

Masshole
12-24-2009, 07:20 PM
Diggin the new wallpaper bubbleman :)

Thank god I decided to buy a tube before the market was closed. Now all I can do is sit and hit my Toro until the market comes back.

Ahhhh what a hard world this is...

:D

gummybeargun
12-24-2009, 07:23 PM
gotta say, i love the new background, makes my mouth water.

although i fully support fmb going private to weed out the losers and scammers, i personally don't really see a fair way to judge who gets in and who doesn't. although rep and post count are important they shouldn't be the only factor. many of the members of here only purchase or sell items occasionally, not on a daily basis as some people do. also, i don't really think the idea of vouching for people works. all that does is eventually make it a closed market with no one being able to join since they all know each other already. that being the case, and since i don't have any advice on what should be done, i'll just end this stoned rant by saying merry x-mas and good luck on getting the market back up (whether or not i'm allowed back in, it's a great place and i wish you the best of luck)

ifiteluihaf2kilu
12-24-2009, 08:41 PM
Gotta say so far the upgrades look good.. cant wait for the new glass market!!

tito14
12-24-2009, 09:36 PM
I agree. It used to be a daily routine for me to check out the market. Hopefully Ill be lucky enough to have access to it in the future.

It went from an "every once in a while" sort of thing to the first Bookmark on my toolbar in about a week. If I can get back in with the upgrades, I might have to make it my homepage :pray:

keepinitreeel
12-24-2009, 10:05 PM
LOVE this site! Can't wait for the glass market to re-open....one day it'll be back! I'm sure it's going to be better than ever before. Thanks FMB and BM!

NYCtoker420
12-25-2009, 12:09 AM
i hope to still have access too the market to due to i do have some SG stuff i would like to get rid of when and whenever the market will be up again and from what i know of going through all emebers sorting out who and who shouldnt eb on the market is gunna take awhile and be a mess till things get right but we have great mods and peopel on here i think eevrything will run fine and be alott cleaner safer for all thansk for this FMB cant wait

NYCtoker

farmermike1187
12-25-2009, 01:30 AM
look forward to the new market fmb

hellogoodfriend
12-25-2009, 08:05 AM
loving the updates. excited to see where this takes fmb and if I will be involved. keeping my fingers crossed!

The background would be a sick desktop for your computer if you could get an ultra large high res version! haha

misterdj
12-25-2009, 01:05 PM
The FMB market is a world reference to buy or sale HQ glass

People like me who don't live in USA, need a site like this.

DUBSteppin
12-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Since the glass market has been taken down I have almost nothing to do on the internet now, I know this site is dedicated to full melt but that is one of the best resources on the web. I'm diggin the new background and overall cleaner look but really looking forward to the day I can use my christmas money for something worth it!

LuketheSifter
12-26-2009, 01:07 AM
so where do i apply to get into the new market?....

MajorLeagueBongRips
12-26-2009, 01:08 AM
Seriously. I love the full melt posts! But the glassmarket was definitely the coolest thing on the web I've come across in a long time. Understand the need to clean it up though. Fullmeltbubble is Awesome, keep up the great work. Can't wait to see the new market (hopefully).

shadowhound
12-26-2009, 07:47 AM
So as long as I've got my past pm's with successful buys/sells we'll be invited to the Glass Market? I assume that would be the main determining factor, yes?

OrganicOdins420
12-26-2009, 08:04 AM
i would say dont worry about it for a little while

pirellinyh
12-26-2009, 08:40 AM
I know that I just lurk, but I really enjoy the glass market and cant wait for the updated site to come back on.

con-ed
12-26-2009, 04:55 PM
idk the rules are going to be hard to enforce/make....whatever they may be

i've yet to see anyone on these forums before me honestly, a few OG's but thats it

been lurkin and watching this whole scene blow up, hopefully I will be in the private area as well! :)

m_hop
12-26-2009, 07:47 PM
when's the market gonna be up? gettin' impatient...

Green Supreme
12-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Impatience solves nothing. I imagine it will be up soon as they can. As to patience ,I hope the lack of serves you all well. Peace GS

thehodgod
12-26-2009, 07:56 PM
If anything I think that having the market down will at least serve to weed out some of the people who use the site only for the glass market. I know that I personally have been using the other parts of the forum alot more and if anything I appreciate this site alot more now. I would be very curious to see what the change in traffic to this site has been since the Sunday the glass market dissapeared though. Keep up the good work mods!

BigManNew
12-26-2009, 08:23 PM
The glass market will be up when it is ready. Patience is a virtue.

fullmeltbubble
12-26-2009, 08:31 PM
There's alot going on behind the scenes...we are trying to figure out how to do this legally, fairly and rightly...trust me, when its open, everyone who will be invited in will know...

Kalec
12-26-2009, 09:15 PM
Can't wait for the glass market to get back up. I've been lurking it for a while now but i finally have some money and can purchase something!

Keep up the good work! Looking forward to the new market!

KCglassart
12-26-2009, 11:45 PM
so this is what withdraws will like,lol

endoklino
12-27-2009, 12:46 AM
i am glad u guys are taking the time to do the update right and not cutting any corners. i would not want to see such a great site and community come to a end.
thanks for making all this possible FMB.
endo

pcheng6
12-27-2009, 01:29 AM
for sure, can't wait for the site to be back up. expecting it to become even better and safer hopefully for everyone

girlonthecouch
12-27-2009, 01:55 AM
I suppose I'm basically echoing what everyone else said. Kudos to the mods who make FMB and the glass market possible! I'm anxious to see all of the changes.

subaru
12-27-2009, 04:55 AM
Can't wait! Thanks for all of the hard work!

LuketheSifter
12-27-2009, 08:48 AM
ugh i cant wait! do what you gotta do fullmelt......im sure what you guys are doing is a step forward for the market!

SGClass
12-27-2009, 01:10 PM
just finally decided to chime in
you guys here at FMB do incredible work and serve such an important role to the world community
thanks,
SGC

aqualungs
12-27-2009, 01:37 PM
I've been around for a while and I love this forum. Big thanks to bubbleman and fullmelt. As for the glass market it was a great part of the community, but change is good. It allowed me to purchase some heady pieces that I would not have been able to cop any other way. My question is why is there people with one post, posting in this thread saying they want the glass market back. Why don't you contribute something to this community more than just using it as a buy and sell arena.

JamesDean
12-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Not sure what happened, but since the Glass Market went down the site looks like garbage when I use Google Chrome (but not with FF). Just a heads up.

a bag of it
12-27-2009, 03:27 PM
yea same here, looks fine with ff but shitty with safari

OnlyHighGrade
12-27-2009, 07:01 PM
^^^^ agreed. Not being critical of the designers work, more so it might be the way it's functioning. The set up looks totally different depending on what application I use. FF definitely being superior over Safari.

DUBSteppin
12-27-2009, 07:11 PM
How will newer members like myself be granted access into the market if it is private? I have not made a purchase or sale but have the money for one when the market comes back and i need some glass.

tnbkrew
12-27-2009, 07:27 PM
having DOUBLE withdrawals haha...
No smokin for me right now.
and no glass market for me to browse through. But at least You guys are doing it right and not half assed. Take your time FMB we can all deal with waiting a little while to make sure the market is better. Can't wait to see this new glass market, that is IF I get to see it.

TheFuckingKid
12-27-2009, 10:07 PM
My question is why is there people with one post, posting in this thread saying they want the glass market back. Why don't you contribute something to this community more than just using it as a buy and sell arena.

yea man....i know i dont have many post but ive been comming here for at least 6 months now.....and love the community but these kids with one post talking bout the market is exactly why it needs to go private...i think they think that by saying something nice that maybe the mods will let them in...LOL...

Freebird17
12-27-2009, 11:02 PM
yea man....i know i dont have many post but ive been comming here for at least 6 months now.....and love the community but these kids with one post talking bout the market is exactly why it needs to go private...i think they think that by saying something nice that maybe the mods will let them in...LOL...

Its not only the kids with one post, there's people talking about how much they love this site but it's they're first post out of the glass market(or some with 30 posts that all say "sick piece" "sick hash" or "sick bud".). I didn't even know about the market prior to joining, I only lurked for kief info and some micro farming tips.
I can't speak for other members but I get really sketched out when someone with no posts starts PMing me asking if they can come to my house to buy glass instead of going through the market and having it shipped. or being messaged randomly by someone that they have such and such for sale and how it's a killer deal.
I hope these new upgrades help weed out these problem members, but I also wish it didn't have to come down to upgrades. People just need to be respectful and follow the rules, there's plenty of other sites to bicker/agrue/bitch on

Freebird17
12-27-2009, 11:20 PM
I don't really see the problem with not posting much. Who says that you have to make posts constantly if you are visiting and using a forum regularly. The main purpose of a forum is to find information, ask questions if they haven't been answered in previous threads, and provide helpful information to others. I feel that the more posts you have, the higher the chance is that you are posting things that do not really contribute to the main purpose of the forum. This forum is loaded with information about anything a smoker could want to know and I'm sure a lot members are taking advantage of this. But I guess if they want to look at post count to weed people out of the private forum, I don't belong here.

If people are here only looking for information it's probably fine if they're not invited to the private glass market, since that's for buying/selling glass. The prodo piece and head piece sections are both still public for discussions and questions.

OrganicOdins420
12-28-2009, 12:25 AM
Manxter most def. belongs here! I would not fret about getting in guys, BMAN knows how to do things right.
paz y amor,
OO420

Freebird17
12-28-2009, 01:44 AM
You were complaining about people with low post counts and that's what I was responding to. A lot of the people that use this site for information likely buy/sell glass too, but that is not necessarily reflected in their number of posts.

I meant the low post count thing in combination with the other things(and more the new members posting uselessly in the market.) I didn't mean it directed to you. If someone has already successfully completed a transaction they probably left and received positive feedback(hopefully) and that should count as a voucher for them.

Justme
12-28-2009, 03:20 AM
the only problem I saw with the GM was people spamming their glass and not giving others sellers a fair chance to sell their glass .. and then the spamming sellers arguing with members that tell them to stop spamming. I'm sure this problem will be solved with the upgrade.. .. As far as getting ripped off as a seller .. be smart .. do research even if your the seller. Its just as easy for the seller to get ripped off, as it is for the buyer .. ..

If someone wants to come pick up the glass .. tell them no .. .. be smart ..

And lets be smart about this post count judging ... just because you have 1000 posts ... doesn't mean a thing ... I can write .. "nice bud" on 1000 threads .. dosn't mean I know anything .. and just because members like me have only been members a few months .. dosn't really mean anything considering I browsed forums for months before becoming a member .. I can read more in one nite then most do in months ...

bubble on ..

Justme

farmermike1187
12-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Nice you added the rep system to the site. can't wait for the extra stuff you do to the site.. thanks FMB

midwestdream
12-28-2009, 06:30 PM
listen to all the glassheads going off... were fiends and we need are market! haha

cant wait to see it back up and filled with some legit sales:bongin:

usg543
12-28-2009, 07:58 PM
i need my fix too, just let me know where to apply ;)

elevated
12-28-2009, 08:48 PM
haha i love this community. take your time fmb, cant wait to see the ressurection of the market and get my glass fix.

Frosty
12-28-2009, 09:37 PM
YAYYYYY a rep system

=] x9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 9999

edit:
quick reccomendation- make sure the rep system can't be flooded by secondary accounts.

either weigh it or make it so that a # of posts are required to add rep

edit2:
that just reminded me to go through my inbox and +rep all the sellers/buyers i've gone through that were legit.

edit 3:
we cant do it yet =[
i'll be waiting

Basack
12-29-2009, 03:15 AM
Guys whats with all this "hopefully i get in". "IF I get to see it". "Cant wait for the market to go up". Cmon guys he gets the point. So many people are posting something about "hopefully i get in". So im sure its not helping lol. Just wait everyone! The more quiet u are the better... these public forums about the private cannot exsist if we want a "private"...

keithonfire
12-29-2009, 03:42 AM
Guys whats with all this "hopefully i get in". "IF I get to see it". "Cant wait for the market to go up". Cmon guys he gets the point. So many people are posting something about "hopefully i get in". So im sure its not helping lol. Just wait everyone! The more quiet u are the better... these public forums about the private cannot exsist if we want a "private"...

^^^^^^^^i like this alot!!!!!^^^^^^^^^

Frosty
12-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Omgawsh I hope I get in...

^^ *clapshands* oh im so accited!

=p

Grape Kool Aid
12-29-2009, 11:19 AM
How do you give some one rep on here?

DCALLSTARR
12-29-2009, 03:43 PM
in the glass market there was a sticky thread with a buyer seller beware thread.. in there you will find the positive and negative rep that people have received..

unfortunately that thread was in the market that is now closed.. if possible FMB you should move that thread over to the new section so people still have that as a reference..

MagicHat
12-29-2009, 05:48 PM
I guess this means no more silently lurking the glass market. No biggie though, I understand that this change is with good intentions. Hopefully I'll get to see it again one day.

BigManNew
12-29-2009, 07:06 PM
What are the little green dots below number of posts?

edit: FMB, replying to pictures does not work.

LuketheSifter
12-29-2009, 07:24 PM
The green dots are your Reputation status^^^^

And As for the site upgrade TAKE YOUR TIME DUDES ITS LOOKING AWESOME SO FAR!!!!

Can't wait to see the finished polished product....

jpa420
12-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Loving the new additions on the site Bubbleman!!!

Superfluous
12-29-2009, 08:03 PM
in the glass market there was a sticky thread with a buyer seller beware thread.. in there you will find the positive and negative rep that people have received..

unfortunately that thread was in the market that is now closed.. if possible FMB you should move that thread over to the new section so people still have that as a reference..

So I'm guessing Bman and the mods are going through that thread and compiling all the positive reps? I always considered it to be ridiculously too cluttered and disorganized to function so I never even posted about my successful transactions and never checked if anyone said anything about me. But there is actually a rep system outside of that thread right?

endoklino
12-29-2009, 08:56 PM
it looks like there is one, its right by the post number i imagine it will take a lil while for it to run smoothly but a superb idea none the less.

Superfluous
12-29-2009, 09:20 PM
Ahh all right I see the option to add rep points now. This is awesome :D

kanibal rabbit
12-30-2009, 03:34 AM
dig the new rep system man.:smoke1:

now im off to treat the 3rd degree burn on my thigh from the money in my pocket.

midwestdream
12-30-2009, 07:18 PM
the anticipation is building! the new market is almost here!

A+ FMB :)

Masshole
12-30-2009, 07:50 PM
Glad to see a rep system :)

One question, is there a section in the user cp to see if the rep is positive or negative and is there an option to add a message to the rep?

The other forum I was talking about has both of these...

EDIT: I also can't seem to add any rep to anybody. As soon as I click the rep button it just sends me to the top of the page. Anybody elses profile like this?

Vitaherb
12-30-2009, 09:16 PM
I also think the rep system should be weighted. Or possibly install a 3rd party system that verifies you are who you say you are and live where you say you live etc. A simple verification of this would[should] grant access to reputation, or something along those lines.

Basically it shouldn't be a free rep-market in my opinion, based on other sites I've belonged to, their approach, and the final opinionated outcome.

bubblecrack
12-30-2009, 10:58 PM
quit worrying so much about the glass market coming back. i'm sure if they fuck it up bad enough someone will start a new one somewhere else...

dog fish
12-31-2009, 12:14 AM
IMO rep systems are too easily abused there should be some other measure of a person other than how many friends they have on a certain site.

JamesDean
12-31-2009, 01:40 AM
I was a moderator on a different forum about 2 years ago. Things really went downhill when the rep system was installed. It was sad to see people coming out of the woodwork to ask for rep. Hopefully, hopefully things will work out better here.

domm11
12-31-2009, 02:14 AM
I don't know exaclty how anyone would go about setting this up but -- i think everyone could agree with me that rep should only be allowed to be given once a transaction goes down? cause if not then any idiot can just +/- rep me for no reason. and if that is the case, whats the point of a rep system if it has nothing to back it up.

Tymaster388
12-31-2009, 02:47 AM
Im fairely new to this site, and have only made 2 purchases on the market...my fingers are crossed that some way i'll be able to get in when its private. but FMB rocks fo so!!!

rastailly951
12-31-2009, 04:36 AM
everyone buggin over the market isnt going to change anyone importants' minds..there is more to this site than just the glass-market..by far one of the most informative and directionally helpful sites ive stumbled across. thanks for every who contributes to make this WHOLE site work

bghjkl
12-31-2009, 05:06 AM
I've made like 6 transactions I think... but when can we expect to see the market to go back up for those invited? I'm having mega withdrawals, I only thought it would be down for like 2 days max.

Sh1zn1t
12-31-2009, 07:55 AM
^For reals. I need my fix.

dosman
12-31-2009, 05:44 PM
yes, foreal. I have been waiting patiently but now i'm starting to fiend. i have done like 10 deals, someone plz let me in

yawbus
12-31-2009, 05:45 PM
why don't you people chill out about the market. if Bman and his team are not going fast enough for you start your own market. i'm sure when it is ready the people that need to know about it will know. bugging them about it and asking when it will be back does nothing to solve it. chill out and look at some of the other great things this site has to offer. i didn't even know WTF bubble was when I joined up on this site but thanks to FMB now i do.

Masshole
12-31-2009, 06:28 PM
Should we have a temporary Glass Buying/Selling thread in the meantime?

dosman
12-31-2009, 07:03 PM
yes i think that would be a good idea. BUY/SELL at your own risk!

yawbus
12-31-2009, 07:11 PM
Should we have a temporary Glass Buying/Selling thread in the meantime?

no i was implying if you can't be patient enough to wait then go start your own somewhere else.

Basack
12-31-2009, 07:26 PM
LOL. Is this a joke? I wouldnt be suprised if we never do have a market again because everyone cant keep there mouths shut for 2 weeks while it goes private. No one is in yet? Beggin to get in doesnt do shit..

dosman
12-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Yo Basack I'm just checking in dude, no reason to be so negative. I thought it would be up by now and I just hadn't been invited. That's what this whole thread is about anyway, I think bubbleman can handle the heat :D

fullmeltbubble
12-31-2009, 08:07 PM
well if you check your calenders you'll notice its HOLIDAY season....i've been staying up real late at night, trying to debug, and recode the site....trust us....we know you guys want the market....its not like we are sitting on our hands laughing....so please, understand that its just little old me trying to do it all....when the market comes back, it'll be better than ever....i appreciate the patient, kind people waiting with anticipation...I understand those were are fiending hard....but please....give me some time, after the new year(going to a concert tonight)...i'll devote an entire day working on the market...till then enjoy yourselfs...post in other forums...learn something about hash....

mikeys
12-31-2009, 08:23 PM
hope you enjoy the concert fullmelt!

kenula420
12-31-2009, 09:46 PM
well if you check your calenders you'll notice its HOLIDAY season....i've been staying up real late at night, trying to debug, and recode the site....trust us....we know you guys want the market....its not like we are sitting on our hands laughing....so please, understand that its just little old me trying to do it all....when the market comes back, it'll be better than ever....i appreciate the patient, kind people waiting with anticipation...I understand those were are fiending hard....but please....give me some time, after the new year(going to a concert tonight)...i'll devote an entire day working on the market...till then enjoy yourselfs...post in other forums...learn something about hash....

yeah guys as fmb said :D

419gotaminute
12-31-2009, 10:04 PM

Happy Holidays and enjoy the concert :party1: Thanks for all you do :).

OnlyHighGrade
12-31-2009, 10:16 PM
fullmeltbubble---- you can't go to the concert, you got too much homework to do. i got this $25 check from grandma that I'm itching to spend. Just stay in. There's always 2011 to go to concerts.

DaNK
12-31-2009, 10:20 PM

LOL FMB!!! Take your time ole buddy!

FunkeeNuggz
12-31-2009, 11:11 PM

Hey, take your time bro. It's always better to take your time and make sure things are done right than notice what you could've done once things are said n done. I appreciate FMB trying to make this the best glass forum on the web. Enjoy ur show man and to the entire FMB family, have a good and safe New Years!!

colitas
01-01-2010, 09:00 PM
wow, some kids have nothing better to do than continue with limitless posts....

:)hope you had a good one FullMeltBubble!
make it a good NEW YEAR

and to the rest:pipe:

give the man some peace while he makes the new market...
maybe some of your's new year's resolution should be :
Patience!!!!:pray:

LuketheSifter
01-02-2010, 12:52 AM
I think I speak for all of us when i say "THANK YOU BUBBLEMAN!!"

EatYourEye
01-02-2010, 01:05 AM
happy newyear!

slippeh
01-02-2010, 02:40 AM
wow, some kids have nothing better to do than continue with limitless posts....

:)hope you had a good one FullMeltBubble!
make it a good NEW YEAR

and to the rest:pipe:

give the man some peace while he makes the new market...
maybe some of your's new year's resolution should be :
Patience!!!!:pray:

hehe the cats that have been here awhile know whats up

happy new years everyone :smoke1:

kbg.kamikazee
01-02-2010, 07:59 PM
patience young padawans

jdizzglass
01-02-2010, 08:10 PM
I feel as though FMB is making the people who "dont matter" forget about coming here and pissing people off or breaking the rules and find a new place to go.....WIth such a wait the anticipation is killer. Me for one acually am enjoying the rest of the site and feel that the removal of the glass market(for now of course) was a GREAT idea to update and refresh for a better a more friendly interaction between transactions in the future. Bman take your time dude cant wait.

conscious pilot
01-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Thanks Bubbleman for going out of your way to keep us all a bit safer, it is really appreciated!:)

Concentrated
01-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Yeah, I see people complaining about not having anything to do now that the glass market is gone, I feel it is a perfect time for a new person like me to catch up on all the old threads, learn some about purity, see some not-for-sale heady glass, and decide all the things I "need" next. Love this forum for all it is, not just its glass market.

dog fish
01-02-2010, 11:52 PM
the lack of market has def. got me interested in the growing and extraction parts of the site.

chasebassist
01-03-2010, 07:11 AM
nice to see that all will be well in good time. got a nice old school sov on my hands :D

con-ed
01-03-2010, 09:30 AM
good shit guys
cant wait to hear about the market in due time

headimonster
01-03-2010, 11:34 PM
yes - happy new year everyone - exciting things at the beg. of a NEW year! sweeet

jdizzglass
01-04-2010, 01:27 AM
happy new year everyone!!

domm11
01-04-2010, 02:22 AM
if you think about it, i feel as if its rather good that bubbleman chose to postpone the market to make improvements. see because when the market was intact, we took it for granted. its like anything elese .. you dont appreciate something until it is gone. but in this case, we are all lucky to not lose the market permitately. so i say, when the market does come back up, please try to use it correctly, cause shit .. i dont wanna have to go through this again!!1

jpa420
01-04-2010, 04:21 AM
Word man, Patience is a virtue. Bubble man knows whats up, from hash making to upgrading a bomb ass site for glass heads. :smoke1:

bghjkl
01-04-2010, 05:00 AM
Default vB theme unlocked.

Page images and banner corrupted.

User Statistics (have they always been there?)

FMB is getting a facelift. w00t.

Hey fullmeltbubble, would it be possible to get a list of the upgrades that are being done (besides the obvious privatization) just as a teaser so we know how awesome the new market will be?

LuketheSifter
01-04-2010, 02:14 PM
Default vB theme unlocked.

Page images and banner corrupted.

User Statistics (have they always been there?)

FMB is getting a facelift. w00t.

Hey fullmeltbubble, would it be possible to get a list of the upgrades that are being done (besides the obvious privatization) just as a teaser so we know how awesome the new market will be?

Dude just wait until its done.......im sure he doesnt want to come in here and tell everyone what its going to look like before its done...

Just wait it out, hes doing the right thing i mean look at the upgrade so far

dog fish
01-04-2010, 07:43 PM
looks like the rep system is workin now!!! commence with the popularity contest!!!

this is in no way meant to insult his choice to use the rep system, im just worried about the almost gauranteed abuse.

EDIT:also dig the default theme.

Basack
01-04-2010, 08:29 PM
How do you use the new rep system?

fullmeltbubble
01-04-2010, 08:55 PM
i've got the rep and everything working in the "default" style....give me a minute to get it working on the other styles

hashcat
01-06-2010, 04:28 AM
sorry to nag but any idea when we may see an opening?? ive got a couple of really nice pieces id like to share with the community

BigManNew
01-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Thread tools, Search this thread, Rate thread, and Display modes are not working again.

Freebird17
01-06-2010, 09:16 AM
Thread tools, Search this thread, Rate thread, and Display modes are not working again.

If you right click on them and open in a new tab or a window they should still work fine

ScarletFireGlass
01-06-2010, 10:37 PM
God i cant wait for the glass site to be up!

susantidad
01-07-2010, 12:51 PM
hello FMB!

just say that i´m very pleased to FMG and the second hand market, is one of the best ways for get good glass if you live out side the U.S

i hope the market come back soon :pipe:

warm regards from spain!

anhedonia
01-07-2010, 07:34 PM
New user here. I understand how to upload pictures using the manage attachments but every time I click on it it doesnt do anything. So how can I upload pictures?

Freebird17
01-07-2010, 07:56 PM
New user here. I understand how to upload pictures using the manage attachments but every time I click on it it doesnt do anything. So how can I upload pictures?

Click on "Gallery" on the second toolbar from the top, then click "Upload"(below that and to the right a little). Then you'll see several boxes with "browse" beside them, just use those to find the photos(you can click on browse or just inside the box to open the browse menu)

anhedonia
01-08-2010, 12:59 AM
OK, I did that and all I think I did was put pictures in the gallery. How do I get them in my post?

fullmeltbubble
01-08-2010, 01:02 AM
attachments aren't working yet on certain skins...

Freebird17
01-08-2010, 02:11 AM
OK, I did that and all I think I did was put pictures in the gallery. How do I get them in my post?

Theres a button that looks like two mountains with a sun(right below the undo button) that then says Please enter the url of your image. Copy and paste the direct link code from the image you unloaded and you should see it as soon as you hit ok

Bonkers420
01-08-2010, 02:39 AM
just an idea for the new market... maybe the FMB could charge a fee to sellers/buyers in order to cover site upkeep expenses.

carlitos
01-08-2010, 03:12 PM
idk about that bonker I dont like the idea lol anyways i kinda have liked how the glass market being down has forced me to actually read other non glass threads and comment instead of just looking at glass and login out..i mean i cant wait for the market to be back but now i kinda want to see more people participate on other threads, cant wait to get back to phily to take some pics of the hash i got :)

YukonBikerGuy
01-08-2010, 03:20 PM
i kinda have liked how the glass market being down has forced me to actually read other non glass threads and comment instead of just looking at glass and login out........but now i kinda want to see more people participate on other threads, cant wait to get back to phily to take some pics of the hash i got :)

More participation and more hash.....

NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT RIGHT THERE! :)

YBG

Concentrated
01-08-2010, 09:47 PM
just an idea for the new market... maybe the FMB could charge a fee to sellers/buyers in order to cover site upkeep expenses.

so new... yet... so wise.

carlitos
01-08-2010, 10:20 PM
so new... yet... so wise.

lol have any of you bought anything or sold anything from the glass forum when it was on? cause i wouldnt like to pay extra fees with shipping and sometimes the paypal fees man...whatever, whatever lol

Basack
01-09-2010, 07:44 PM
LOl. Id be willing to pay 5 bucks a post or some shit.. But thats just me.

nomasterace
01-09-2010, 07:48 PM
maybe 5 dollars a post in the market so it doesnt cost you to just chat but it will stop ppl from sayin stupid shit in ppls for sale threads

OrganicOdins420
01-09-2010, 11:51 PM
bonkers you are bonkers. A membership fee would seem more feasible

Sh1zn1t
01-10-2010, 12:59 AM
Or a free forum...ya know, like the interwebs usually is and this site is/was.

Cannibal
01-10-2010, 02:24 AM
it should be freeeeeeeeeeeeeee
and start with a feedback thread so people wont get fucked over.
like some other sites have done.
charging for this site would make me not use it anymore and i would rather find another site.
NO CHARGING FOR SELLING GLASS FTW!!

Bonkers420
01-10-2010, 06:59 AM
A membership fee is more reasonable. It weeds out a lot of people who aren't serious buyers.

thehodgod
01-10-2010, 07:09 AM
^^^It also weeds out alot of potential buyers if you ask me. Just my opinion.

Justme
01-10-2010, 08:59 AM

actually thats not a bad idea compared to membership fees.... people can still browse glass for free, which brings a lot of traffic, and only buyers when buying glass and sellers when selling glass are charged a fee ...

also the buyers fee can always be tacked on to sellers fees, so simplify things....

you can always allow only thread creator to post to stop the non sense posting on for sale threads, and really privatize the sale by keeping most communication to PMs.

just some ideas

justme

sliv33
01-10-2010, 01:13 PM
i feel charging money any kind of money is wacked, you pay enough money for shipping, and paypal fees. if you charge people, they will just find a new site.

aqualungs
01-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Ugh, I don't really support the money ideas for the market. I think you should have to be an established member of the community with knowledge to gain and share with others. Be able to build up a good rep in the community. And more than likely have made purchases in the market in the past/or have sold glass. I DON"T think you should be able to come on here with less than 50-100 posts and purchase expensive heady pieces from other collectors; in fear of (1) the seller not receiving the money when he/she could have sold the piece to 20 other people and (2) Shady one posters putting up $750 pieces. I would never consider sending my money to someone trying to sell a piece that has no establishment around here. Just my opinion.

bghjkl
01-10-2010, 03:41 PM
the idea of charging members is a stupid one. if money is needed to cover the operating expenses of the site (which, believe me, are very low), then ads should be put up.

i'd rather see ads than fees. right now the only ads on the site are for bmans products.

this site is free. it has always been free, and if you decide to charge for it, we'll go somewhere that is free.

yawbus
01-10-2010, 04:28 PM
I still think all you guys should just relax and see what is gonna happen. I'm sure that the FMB team has thought thing through and are gonna make sure that they're right. Patience is a virtue.

fullmeltbubble
01-10-2010, 06:50 PM
the idea of charging members is a stupid one. if money is needed to cover the operating expenses of the site (which, believe me, are very low), then ads should be put up

WOW....just WOW....

fullmeltbubble
01-10-2010, 06:52 PM
so I guess the amount of time me and others have put into this site, is worthless?....you know i'm always checking this thread....maybe i should stop...it really bums me out...

Basack
01-10-2010, 07:05 PM
lol yeah i know. 1 person mentions a selling fee and everyone goes crazy. A mod didnt even mention a fee lol.

i heard they are gonna require blood donations....

themasochist
01-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Don't be bummed out by a few bad apples. There are lots of us here who are stoked you are fixxing things. It got a little sketchy there at the end of the market. In other news my girlfriend would also like to thank you because I suddenly have way more money and time now that I am not browsing constantly lol. Keep up the good work I and others appreciate what you folks do.

hedeez
01-10-2010, 09:24 PM
so I guess the amount of time me and others have put into this site, is worthless?....you know i'm always checking this thread....maybe i should stop...it really bums me out...

Every site needs that one thing that separates them from the rest. They come for the perk, and stay for the people....

Dont let it get you bummed out that people like a specific part of your site. :smoke1:

Cant wait until everythings straightened out!

bghjkl
01-11-2010, 03:26 AM

Look man, I really don't like being a dick, but your time can't really be translated into a monetary figure. And I know you yourself never mentioned a fee, so I'm not putting words in your mouth, but being a part of (let alone, an administrator of) this community should be incentive enough to keep it going and does not warrant a membership fee. If you're short-staffed, I, along with a whooooole lot of others, I'm sure, would love to donate their time and skills doing whatever needs done.

You have a great site going here, don't ruin it.

Green Supreme
01-11-2010, 03:40 AM
What was that about opinions and assholes again? Keep up the good work fmb. Peace GS

Basack
01-11-2010, 03:45 AM

bossy bossy.. I think bman knows how to run his own site... Its been running for years.. A few weeks down doesnt put you in command...

KingRooRge
01-11-2010, 03:52 AM
Embrace the change and be grateful for what we have here people . A few dollars from both sides of a sale to help an amazing site continue to exist is chump change compared to the hastle of commuting to distant mediocre headshops playing middleman with your money. Thanks to everybody working to bring back the glass market it is greatly appreciated.

thehodgod
01-11-2010, 04:26 AM
This site is free. it has always been free, and if you decide to charge for it, we'll go somewhere that is free.

Woah what's all this "we" talk about? Speak for yourself dude. I don't plan on leaving either way. :smoke1:

Bonkers420
01-11-2010, 05:43 AM
I didn't mean to cause some uproar in here, just giving a suggestion. Of course everyone wants things for free or at least as cheap as possible but thats where competition between buyers and sellers comes in. It would be awesome to see an online glass auction website not so different from ebay one day....

f0urtwenty
01-11-2010, 05:52 AM
Look man, I really don't like being a dick, but your time can't really be translated into a monetary figure. And I know you yourself never mentioned a fee, so I'm not putting words in your mouth, but being a part of (let alone, an administrator of) this community should be incentive enough to keep it going and does not warrant a membership fee. If you're short-staffed, I, along with a whooooole lot of others, I'm sure, would love to donate their time and skills doing whatever needs done.

Don't try to fucking flip it on him. You said:

the idea of charging members is a stupid one. if money is needed to cover the operating expenses of the site (which, believe me, are very low), then ads should be put up

he took exception to "which, believe me, are very low", which insinuates hillie's time isn't worth shit. that is insulting. you don't wanna put words in his mouth but your whole post assumes hillie's response was because he agree's with a fee. don't try to flip that shit.

you know what i wouldn't mind paying $$ for? some type of escrow.

bghjkl
01-11-2010, 06:23 AM
i never said his time was worthless. i said operating costs associated with the site (hosting, etc.) are very low. and they are. you know how much everyone appreciates the time that you volunteer, and that gratification should be enough, or atleast it would be to me. i didnt mean anything calling the idea stupid (again, i know fullmeltbubble never mentioned it directly) but i was trying to make the point that if you needed to bring in some extra dough for whatever reason, you could save a lot of your members from leaving, it's more than just me, by placing ads instead of charging a membership fee.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, especially fullmeltbubble, and if I did, I'd like to sincerely apologize.

Justme
01-11-2010, 06:43 AM
i never said his time was worthless. i said operating costs associated with the site (hosting, etc.) are very low. and they are. you know how much everyone appreciates the time that you volunteer, and that gratification should be enough, or atleast it would be to me. i didnt mean anything calling the idea stupid (again, i know fullmeltbubble never mentioned it directly) but i was trying to make the point that if you needed to bring in some extra dough for whatever reason, you could save a lot of your members from leaving, it's more than just me, by placing ads instead of charging a membership fee.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, especially fullmeltbubble, and if I did, I'd like to sincerely apologize.

ads are awful, i cant look @ any more ..

IMO (and I run a small website) neither server cost, cost for registering domain privately, or the time spent on upkeep is "cheap"

Basack
01-11-2010, 10:46 AM
but i was trying to make the point that if you needed to bring in some extra dough for whatever reason, you could save a lot of your members from leaving, it's more than just me, by placing ads instead of charging a membership fee.

lol Im sure most people that actually use the site and needa move some glass would rather pay the 5,10,15, or even 20 dollars then leave the site for good.. Like someone already mentioned, "speak for yourself!".

KCglassart
01-11-2010, 05:12 PM
I think they are doing a fine job here. It takes alot of time behind the scene to run a site.And time is money so hung on and see what happens.
As for a online auction, i am going to try to set something up. But it can not be free as it would be a live auction and will take work to make it work right and safe for all.
But give Melt a hand for what he is doing here for everone. I am sure there are other things he could be doing. To run something like this is not easy. Hats off to him and everyone else behind the scene.

kdips
01-12-2010, 02:22 AM
I've only engaged in one transaction on this site, but I love it none the less. Some of you need to think about what you say before you say it. What motivation do people have to help you when you spit in their face and regard the time and energy poured into this website as insignificant? Give some credit where credit is due, be willing to accept some changes, toke up a bowl and chill.

sibannac
01-12-2010, 03:48 AM
I just wanna say that the upgrade looks great. I love the back ground, damn near shorted out my keyboard with drool. lol

And take your time with what ever you gotta do to finish it. It's better to take your time and do it once right then rush it and have to fix a bunch of mistakes.

Keep up the good work

fullmeltbubble
01-12-2010, 04:12 AM
if you goto the lower left of the home page(all the way on the bottom) you'll see a scroll down menu....put it on "check" thats what i've been working on....input? ideas?

DaNK
01-12-2010, 04:18 AM
Dude it looks awesome!!! Bring it on...

ifiteluihaf2kilu
01-12-2010, 04:59 AM
Looks awesome man!!! The colors are great, seems like everything ive tried is working!!! I dont wanna add to the drama of the thread, just wanna let you know how much i appreciate all the time you are putting into this website fullmelt!!! cant wait to see the finished product, later.

sibannac
01-12-2010, 05:17 AM
Looks cool. are you gonna make a few different ones so people have some varity?? and I like howe the sig. is right in the message

thehodgod
01-12-2010, 06:24 AM
It looks great fullmeltbubble! The feedback score with the positive, neutral, and negative option looks like a great system and I'm diggin' the color options. Like everyone has been saying: keep up the great work you do here!