PDA

View Full Version : Fresh material

Dollar
06-03-2008, 03:33 PM
I have seen some posts on here about using fresh material over dry. I was wondering if someone could elaborate a little more on this, as myself and everyone I know directly have only used dry buds and trim.

When you say fresh, do you mean just not totally dried and cured to smokable material? Or say, cut down the plant, throw it into the freezer(for how long?) and then run it?

Also, what advantages have you noticed? Quantity? Quality?

Eat my ass,

Dollar

Green Supreme
06-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Fresh material is undried, either straight into bags or straight into freezer if you can't get at it right away. I find the wet material more likely to make FMCD than dried material. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not sayin you can't make FMCD with dry material, just that it would likely have been more melty if it was from fresh trim. Quantity wise ,well thats not me man. Good luck and thanks but I'm not hungry anymore. Peace GS

Bubbleman
06-03-2008, 06:08 PM
the main advantage dollar is that the volatile oils, ie the terpenoids and terpenes are more likely to be fully present in fresh material> IE. the smell of the herb drying, is your volatile oils evaporating out into the air.
The fresher your material is to start with, the more likely you will have a higher percentage of these.

as for the eatting of your ass, i will pass, but thanks for the offer.

Bubble man

sog army
06-03-2008, 07:29 PM
YUM!!! i cant find the ass to eat for all the hole ;)

trichomefarmer
06-24-2008, 09:08 AM
lol pfffft
yikes

Imho the best bubble comes from material that has been properly trimmed ie. no fan leaves with stalks and all i mean ALL the sugar leaf off the buds. put this trim fresh (NO DRYING AT ALL) into a bag press into a clump and place in freezer for several days min. A week+ is better. When making the bubble break up the frozen clump over the 220 bag filled with lotsa ice and cold water.

the flavours will rock you as long as the hash is dried correctly.

anyone saying bubble lacks in flavour hasn't used fresh frozen material and/or cant dry it.

docm
09-07-2008, 07:58 AM
We take the sugar trim and the popcorn lower buds off the large plants and put them in 1gal. ziplock bags with water and freeze them solid. Then when all plants are harvested and buds done, we use the bubblenow 20g. machine and run the thawed bags of trim, making sure ALL the water in the bag goes into the round holding bag as well as the trim leaf. The return percentage is VERY high as we don't lose any trichs falling off in the drying process like we used to do. We tried it on this last med harvest and were surprised by the amount of return we got in comparision to previous years. Will say that you need to use the FREEZER ziplocks and we thaw overnight in 5 gallon buckets so we don't' lose any of the frozen water that is already trichome laden. Just a thought others might want to try. Also HUGE props to Bubbleman for the bubblenow machine, makes life extremly easy after the harvest. We dry on glass only, no cardboard, chopping daily until fairly dry, then put in refrigerator for a few weeks, before harvesting a nice DRY product that we can handle easily and put into glass jars for medical distribution. Thanks for reading!!

cannalingus
09-10-2008, 12:55 AM
I also find it easier to get melt when using fresh material. It is like there ain't so much dusty plant matter and most stick together, only leaving the frozen brittle heads and the odd stalk...

Guess I will dedicate more and more to fresh processing, even though the yields are a little bit lower...

trichomefarmer
09-10-2008, 09:51 PM
docm why do you not use cardboard? interesting new ideas, guess i need a bigger freezer.