PDA

View Full Version : how to ship?

kmartel
12-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Not sure if this belongs here but...

Im moving to AZ, and need to ship my toro 7-13 to my house there. Does anyone have a good way to box it bomb proof? I tried to search this but my search kept erroring.

Any help would be great

YukonBikerGuy
12-14-2009, 03:03 PM
YBG's Bombproof = bong and all parts insanley bubblewrapped, in foam peanuts in a box taped to hell, bubble wrap the box insanely, in foam peanuts in another pristine shipping box professionally taped up with clear packing tape only. The more it looks like a regular company's normal everyday shipping box the better. Use printed labeling. I would use a fake but real sounding company. "Joe's Bed and Bath" not "the bomb420 company" I would make sure my own secure address is exactly right, they cant return it to the fake company. You might not do these things, and I certainly don't reccomend or garentee anything by this, just saying it's what I would likley do.

YBG

dontstepongrass
12-14-2009, 04:34 PM
IMO, "bombproof" means double-boxed (find box that BARELY fits inside another box, forming SUPER rigid structure!)

then plenty of bubblewrap and make sure pieces inside wont bang together and break against each other (if multiple pieces)

to keep the "top flaps" taped shut real good, i have taken a boxcutter and cut out the appropriate shaped rectangle to cover the top face of box (and allow u to completely seal off flaps, THIS SHIT AINT GETTIN OPEN ON ACCIDENT!)

i use fake return addys (real addy's fake name)

peas.

themasochist
12-14-2009, 05:12 PM
If I ship something then I do small bubble wrap then the bigger bubble wrap, try to buy new boxes each time and I like to always double box everything. Clear packing tape as mentioned above.

Evergreen
12-14-2009, 05:24 PM
smash it into little pieces and put it into a small box, when it gets there bust out the krazy glue!

Evergreen
12-14-2009, 06:55 PM
oh and after smashing it into said pieces, don't forget to put that box into 2 more boxes full of popcorn to protect it. J/K.

kmartel
12-15-2009, 08:48 PM
smash it into little pieces and put it into a small box, when it gets there bust out the krazy glue!

so i recieved my toro in 2000 pieces today and busted out the crazy glue. I got the base put together.....lol

anyways, thanks for the help guys, im assuming all my shipping needs will be at the ups store.

Anyone know some box dimensions for a 7-13 toro?

kmartel
12-15-2009, 11:16 PM
also whats a good way to get that extra resin in those very hard to reach places? Grunge off isn't an option for me since im shipping this out tomorrow. Ive heard soaking it in a bucket of degreaser may work?

ganjalicious
12-15-2009, 11:37 PM
i found over some good hard effort, hot water rinses inbetween iso salt baths. if its basically fully clean minus those mentioned hard to get tree percs etc, reuse the iso. I strain the salt because I find it gets funky after a use.

kmartel
12-18-2009, 10:07 PM
there is just like 2 spots on the bowl under the ice pinches i can't get out even with pipe cleaners and then there is like a resin dot in a tree. Ill try your method, hope it works. If i can't get it out do you think im good to ship anyways? They are only noticeable if the piece is right in front of your face.

kmartel
12-18-2009, 10:11 PM
also i was thinking of doing this.... let me know if its fail please

- bubble wrapping tube and putting it in my vatra bag.
- Bubble wrap the bag as a whole and then stick it in the peanut stuff box. - - Make sure its packed tight for no movement

Saves me 2 shipping charges. Im not trying to carry my vatra on the plane or pay 15 dollars for it to fly below. I know bags fly free at southwest but unfortuantly they don't at alaska :(