PDA

View Full Version : Colors in my hash

fizoster
06-05-2008, 07:59 PM
Hey all...I just did a batch, and I was wondering why there was such a big difference in the colors of each grade? What does the darker colors mean? Thanks!!

Bubbleman
06-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Well i would say your darker grades, would probably be higher in percentages of volatile oils. Ie the blonder lighter coloured stuff would be higher in cannabinoids. Now this is more of a guess than any scientific answer, but my foundation for thoughts are this.
thc is colourless and odlourless, science tells us that.
THe terpenoids, sesquaterpenoids, monoterepnoids etc, are the volatile oils that give the herb its smell and taste, these are the oils that darken the hash when it is exposed to heat or oxygen.
Higher percentage of these oils should create a darker hash. One way of experimenting with this is to freeze your bubble when its still wet and blonde, it will stay blonde as long as its in the freezer. NOw remove it from the freezer and leave it out on the table, it will darken. Take a lighter and flame it around the hash, and finger press it, and it will go even darker.

my two cents

Bubble man

Green Supreme
06-05-2008, 09:42 PM
The sizes of heads may have something to do with light reflectivity as well. Peace GS

fizoster
06-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Very cool. Just curious, thanks a lot