PDA

View Full Version : phx honeycome perc

khanold2
12-15-2009, 03:04 AM
Have you guys seen this thing? It looks like the diffusion would be outrageous, anyone have an opportunity to try one of these out? Unfortunately PHX is still using shitty chinese joints but at least they are trying to step it up.

Let me know what u think FMB

Ismoke2much
12-15-2009, 03:35 AM
ive seen these, same idea as a stemless disk with a bunch of machine cut holes. Would be interesting to see how the diffusion works though.

khanold2
12-15-2009, 03:37 AM
Ya i've seen a milk vid and the bubbles almost look soapy ive got a feeling that it's almost too much diffusion as there is probably no way the smoke can be forced through all those holes

BigManNew
12-15-2009, 03:42 AM
Ya i've seen a milk vid and the bubbles almost look soapy ive got a feeling that it's almost too much diffusion as there is probably no way the smoke can be forced through all those holes

Where did you see a video of this? I cant seem to find one, could you post a link on here?

WaTdAbLuNt420
12-22-2009, 02:56 AM
this isn't a PHX but e-bomb made a tube with the same honeycomb disc. this is not my video.

YouTube- E-bomb honeycomb disc diffuser

Basack
12-22-2009, 03:12 AM
Lol look how that guy tilt the tube and makes the disc completely worthless... and even for the video.. that shows he doesnt even know the function of his tube lol. someone like that shouldn't have the privilege of nice glass lol.

hearmeroor
12-22-2009, 03:21 AM
lol, i think it could use a little less water as well for the honeycomb perc thing to function

cheesebox
12-22-2009, 03:36 AM
Wow, why the fuck is everyone hating so hard, he may be doing it wrong but hes got a sick piece. Everyone deserves sick glass basack... everyone!

hearmeroor
12-22-2009, 03:46 AM
I didn't say he doesn't deserve it but it looks like he could definitely make the piece a little more functional

rastailly951
12-22-2009, 05:08 AM
go head' cheesebox

ChaunceyGardener
12-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Super smooth and fast toke. insane diffusion. My favorite phx prodo. Im not in the loop but i did hear that they are making very few now.

zx666r
04-04-2010, 06:37 AM
I can comfortably say after regularly using one, that the honeycomb diffuses fairly well... The dome perc on they use however, diffuses HORRIBLY. Whenever I used it, I didnt put water in the perc, and the tube hit pretty well, but for the price, I'd opt for a different piece. My buddy paid $4..50? I think? for his, which is REALLY expensive for a PHX in my mind.

ShatterWulf
04-04-2010, 03:52 PM
I think the honeycomb is a good idea, but PHx ruins it by putting shitty dome percs above it.

I would buy one if I could get a cheap single chamber.

yawbus
04-10-2010, 12:07 AM
My buddy has a single chamber that I'm gonna be picking up soon.

YouTube- pHX HD

Blunts R US
04-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Yea i think a single chamber honeycomb would be good. I personally love phx because it was my first tube (of course before i even knew what toro or sg were) but shatterwolf is right they have shitty percs that chugg chugg chugg. I had the better dome perc they have with the line of little holes on the side not the super shitty slits. But this would have to be way cheaper for me to buy it. If not i would just go with a sgw waffle perc. If you want to see an sgw one look at glassaholic's family thread and he has two of them.

DCALLSTARR
04-13-2010, 03:41 AM
very nice diffusion and PHX and defnitely stepped their game up with this line of fixed stems..

but i hate beating a dead horse, BUT... PHX is still, PHX and their quality control and choice of stock tubing is less than desirable..

china gong joints, chine tubing and im not quite sure where PHX tubes are assembled but still when your using chinese parts even if you have the best blower assembling the tube youre still going to have the problems any tube made with chinese parts would have..

still seeing as the price is right, i would DEFINITELY get a PHX honeycomb to 8arm or Circ if i could..

ShatterWulf
04-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Well, the dome is the lazy mans circ, just a few holes instead of tons of slits, but with the product PHx shills out, I don't see them wanting to take the time; maybe a very limited run, which would end up paying way too much for a PHx. :p