PDA

View Full Version : VHW Vrip heat wand *REVIEW*

lepstadder
12-20-2009, 07:21 PM
So i just acquired a Vrip heat wand from Vriptech.

I have had the device for several weeks now.

So far i love it.

- It has a pretty accurate temperature control on it(not listed in degrees, but it maintains temp very well)

-You can order the device with your choice of 14 or 18mm custom bowl attachment. So you can easily use it with any pipe in your collection.

-The device works well with either a small amount of 1-3 hits or even packed full. even when full the bowl is not to big, but def adequate.

I have used other GonG vapes and i like this one the best.

You can easily turn it up high if you want hits super thick and milky, i will dare say you can even get it much milkier than with a verdamper.

I have owned many different vapes and this is by far one of the better ones on the market.

The air path is 100% glass so flavor is supurb. besides a SS screen where your herb sits.

Heat up time approx 7-13 mins.

The cord is plenty long and very thick.

The only negatives i can see for the device would be fragility.

Thye even tell you before you purchase the device that it is not for beginners, and that it is not the most durable vape on the market.

But even with that said it did not take long to get accustom to the unit and the learning curve really is going to depend on your experience with similar devices.

Bubbleman
12-20-2009, 07:43 PM
An excellent unit indeed... The original unit was created by one of our very own members...
who now sells one called the GLASS VAPE..... www.fullmeltglass.com check it here..

thanks for sharing step

Bubble man

thehodgod
12-20-2009, 09:24 PM
Seems cool but 7-13 minutes seems like a long time to wait to heat up. I'm more of a spur of the moment man so I don't know if I would have the patience for one of these. Out of curiosity do you have to use the bowl that comes with it or does it work with any slide?

Hydrophilic
12-21-2009, 02:30 AM
I'll probably pick one of these up at some point. Seems like a cool idea.

lepstadder
12-21-2009, 03:40 AM
Out of curiosity do you have to use the bowl that comes with it or does it work with any slide?

It is a custom bowl with an additional piece that fits over it to form an air tight seal with the unit.

7-13 minutes seems like a long time to wait to heat up

Well i just plug mine in when i wake up and by the time i am done in the bathroom in the morning it is plenty warm.

When i come home from work i plug it in and feed the dog and check the cpu and its hot enough before i even think about it.

I leave mine on all the time, so far it has treated me very well.

The flavor is so pure its unreal!

Bubbleman
12-21-2009, 06:09 AM
you can also put it in a small coffee mug if you want to get that hotter faster..> i wouldnt leave it in there as it will make your unit much hotter..> But for those morning hot glass hits.. i do that sometimes..

peace
Bubble man

lepstadder
12-21-2009, 08:39 AM
word i leave mine in a small glass jar,

It allows it to retain the heat much better.

B-man do you use a vape often?

stonemonkey55
01-04-2010, 05:53 AM
made a quick video with my vhw

YouTube- HiSci Dual Chamber Tube + Vriptech Vaporizer

YouTube- SGW Waffle Bubbler

BigManNew
01-04-2010, 09:14 AM
So I went to the website and saw this listed for $169.99 USd. I was wondering If this is the best price that it will go for? Or If someone could PM me another type. I have been searching for a good one of these, and I want to get my moneys worth.

lepstadder
01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
yes thats the price you will have to pay.

its worth it man believe me.

dontstepongrass
01-04-2010, 08:08 PM
if u want something nice, get the vrip and the blazemaster attachment (all glass vrip slide)

ur gonna run about $200-225.

for about 55% of that price, i picked up a liquid glass vape kit off fullmeltglass.com

our site member, hazydaze, makes them. GOOD STUFF! i love the rips it gives for fraction of price of vrip, but it uses an external heat source (butane torch) this fact makes it portable tho.

it's all about ur preference, ceramic heating element or external heating source. but i would have to rate these 2 as some of the best glass on glass vaping options out there.

HeatRip
01-06-2010, 05:13 AM
How do VHW hits compare to the steinel heat gun hits?

BigManNew
01-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Dsog do you attach the glass one from fullmeltglass to a tube or do you have to hold it on there?

dontstepongrass
01-06-2010, 02:52 PM
the liquid glass vape kit comes either with 14 or 18mm ground joint...