PDA

View Full Version : bong size differences?

bighaze420
12-21-2009, 02:08 AM
hey guys i was wondering... i was looking on a tubes and saw that they had different sizes on the inside ex:50x5 (i think its called the bore)... i was wondering what the differences are between them and which flow better etc? thanks guys and have a nice smoke/day :)

glassonglass
12-21-2009, 02:11 AM
its all personal preference. small bore = fast clear / large bore = HUGE MILK and a airier hit... 50 x 5 is the more commonly used

bighaze420
12-21-2009, 02:27 AM
what is the different sizes? i noticed the new mgw diffusor caps goes from big at bottom to small at top.

silentstoner
12-21-2009, 04:05 AM
A lot of tubes have changes in bore size depending on which parts of the tube house the perc and which parts are just empty tubing. The part of the tube leading up to the mouthpiece is usually where the smallest bore size will be. I'm a fan of smaller bores, probably because I cough after every hit, ever lol.

quix
12-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Small bore tubes allow smoke to hit your taste receptors faster rather than sitting in a chamber for a long period of time, means a better tasting, more smooth hit. The bigger the bong the more harsh the rip because smoke goes stale very fast. The trade off for better tasting rips is splash. Smaller bore tubes splash a lot higher and you may get some water in the mouth if there is not decent splash guard.

I get bigger rips off of my dub-bub with inline backpack than I do off of anything else. There is very little unnecessary open space to stale the smoke and still a ton of filtration.