PDA

View Full Version : Glass Cleaning Question

Masshole
12-21-2009, 03:59 PM
I know it is the a "golden rule" to clean your glass after every use but that is becoming more and more of a pain in the ass for me (Having a perc definitely doesn't help) and I have a couple questions.

1. How soon do I need to clean the glass after use?

2. Would I be able to just clean it after 2-3 uses or would the resin stain the glass? The tube doesn't really get dirty enough to really hurt with just one session but I don't want to leave it and find out it it wont come out later.

Thanks guys!

bubble_head4life
12-21-2009, 05:00 PM
i clean my tubes after a few puffs with some 99% iso and rock salt. works like a charm. it works better to when the alcohol isn't exposed to oxygen so get it in and try to seal it before u shake it.

ROOR24
12-21-2009, 05:42 PM
I clean my tubes every other day with 91% iso a salt and I don't have any problems with stains. If i'm being lazy 3-4 days between cleaning and I still don't have stains. I did have a stain on my perc once from stail smoke being left in the tube I had to us Grunge Off to remove it.

Razz
12-21-2009, 06:00 PM
zep citrus degreaser

quix
12-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Got a 5 gallon bucket filled with simple green. I just throw the tube in a night and rinse it out in the morning with vinegar. No abrasives and no shaking and easy as pie.

Tobybologna
12-21-2009, 06:33 PM
I rinse with scalding hot water after every use and with alcohol every day. After hardcore sessions salt and alcohol, rinse with hot water. Simple and cheap.

glitch
12-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Got a 5 gallon bucket filled with simple green. I just throw the tube in a night and rinse it out in the morning with vinegar. No abrasives and no shaking and easy as pie.

that's what i do. works like a charm. i love simple green. you can get it at a home depot, it's like 9 dollars. its definitely worth it. the tube comes out spotless.

Masshole
12-21-2009, 06:58 PM
If I bought simple green would it still make my tube spotless after say a week of not cleaning it (Say I smoked every other day)?