PDA

View Full Version : 1 gallon 8 bag kit owner

Lord_sixx
12-25-2009, 12:07 AM
First of all, thanks to everyone that reads this, I've been spending a lot of time with the search feature and have learned so much.

I am a midnight toker as it were, forced to live in secret because of unjust laws against responsible cannabis use. I only have about two oz's of bud at a time. I have no access to any trim. buds only.

I only have access to what i call "street weed" in small amounts. I mean i don't get great smoke, Just regular old "weed".. No trim, I don't even get a choice in strain. Happy to get what i can get.

I have the 1 gallon 8 bag system from bubble bags, I am planning a first hash run with these bags. Should i use all the bags with just 56 grams of frozen buds? or should i use less bags and focus on lower quality hash?

L_6

Green Supreme
12-25-2009, 12:32 AM
Nah go with all 8, you paid for them. Worst case scenario you still get 5 or more buzzes from 1 type of weed. Good luck and let us know how it goes. I recommend watching Bubblemans vid making hash at last years cannabis cup or his one from the 2004 Toker's Bowl{pottv} before you start. Peace GS

Lord_sixx
12-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Thank you for the quick reply, I will make sure to post when I do my run and take lots of pictures.

L_6

Razz
12-25-2009, 07:57 PM
the tide is turning and soon the whole country will have access to more than 1 type of medicine to not be able to choose from!

Lord_sixx
12-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Im staying strong for that day for sure.

Lord_sixx
12-29-2009, 03:02 AM
how much ice should i use for this one gallon setup? Can anyone suggest the correct bucket size?

hashcat
12-29-2009, 06:25 AM
i use mine in a 2 gallon....

about 3/4 of your regular bag of ice from the corner store. im not sure how much exactly though...probably 5lbs.

but really what you wanna do is. put all your bags in, fill up with water till its just covering the top screen, then put a good 3-4 inch layer of ice, then throw in your product. then, before adding any more water, add another 3-4 inch layer of ice, and then finally fill up it up with more water until you are a few inches away from the top.

btw i could never get my 1gallon to fold out and over itself like i always see on the 5 and 20 gallons, so you have to be careful about mixing too hard and possibly have contaminants get flung in between bags and then sucks to clean it all out of your hash. maybe im just doing it wrong though but i could never get the bags to fold over the rim of the bucket, they are too short

Redsnake420
12-29-2009, 07:07 AM
when you try to fold the 1gallon over is it on a 2gallon bucket or a 1gallon bucket? because they should fold over a 1gallon perfectly.

DrBudGreengenes
12-29-2009, 10:56 AM
i use mine in a 2 gallon....

about 3/4 of your regular bag of ice from the corner store. im not sure how much exactly though...probably 5lbs.

but really what you wanna do is. put all your bags in, fill up with water till its just covering the top screen, then put a good 3-4 inch layer of ice, then throw in your product. then, before adding any more water, add another 3-4 inch layer of ice, and then finally fill up it up with more water until you are a few inches away from the top.

btw i could never get my 1gallon to fold out and over itself like i always see on the 5 and 20 gallons, so you have to be careful about mixing too hard and possibly have contaminants get flung in between bags and then sucks to clean it all out of your hash. maybe im just doing it wrong though but i could never get the bags to fold over the rim of the bucket, they are too short

Well Hashcat
we have found that stacking the Bags
and mixing inside a Bag is a Not such a good Idea.

Step one....Freeze the Material
(overnite if possible)

Step two.....add Material to a CLEANED empty food grade Bucket

Step Three... fill w/water...enuff to cover the Material
add ice enuff to give U a 4-6 inch layer of ice..in yer bucket...let material sit for 5 minutes to "Chill"

Step four ....begin to aggitate the material

Step Five....AFTER you mix for your desired amt of time
pour this Material...into your 220 "Work Bag"...in a clean bucket
Mix it for a minute or so
and let'er sit...while ya have a Puff

Step Six...lift and drain yur 220 work bag

Now place your 190u bag in a CLEAN bucket.
and Begin to pour the goodie thru,...
Repeat w/each size bag...and a clean bucket
CLEAN and Hang EACH size bag as U use them.

So if U run only one bag at a time
The Quality will show thru.
and if ya do not work in your 220 bag
It will last alot longer.
Good Luck and Happy Hashin
:smoke1:

dontstepongrass
12-29-2009, 02:47 PM
good post dr!

YukonBikerGuy
12-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Interesting.... non-stack technique used just for the 1 gallon, or for all sizes?

ganjalicious
12-29-2009, 03:35 PM
non stacking sounds like a cool idea, I know my first runs will be in a 1 gal. for us first timers we won't have to worry about ripping bags right off the bat. maybe I'll have to get a slightly more narrow bucket so it folds over the top if thats a potential problem with some. good imput.

DrBudGreengenes
12-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Interesting.... non-stack technique used just for the 1 gallon, or for all sizes?

It's fer all of them YBG
it provides u with a cleaner product
it allows U to "clean"
Each grade by "Dipping" in and out of the water
less contaminants make fer
Better Bubble

YukonBikerGuy
12-29-2009, 11:24 PM
Well hot damn.... I got 3 of them 5 gallon buckets...... Thanks dude. I love experimenting with hash. :)

Lord_sixx
12-29-2009, 11:50 PM
thank you all for being so helpful, I will indeed try this method.

just have to locate a couple 2 gallon food safe buckets and that shouldn't be too hard with goggle.

Once again thank you for the tips

hashcat
12-30-2009, 12:23 AM
just have to locate a couple 2 gallon food safe buckets and that shouldn't be too hard with goggle.

or your local hardware store if you wanna safe a couple days and shipping costs

Lord_sixx
12-30-2009, 03:12 AM
I found a good deal on two buckets and got free shipping so that's taken care of.

One thing i don't understand is how many times do i wash each load of plant material? Is there anything left after 12 minutes agitation? would another wash produce anything since im working with only one oz at a time?

My continuing thanks

L_6

oldmanmozz
12-30-2009, 06:26 AM
good post doc,
cheers Mozz

Master.Kuush
03-20-2010, 02:45 AM
I got me one =-D ... I've been lurking and making bubble... but as right now i don't have a camera but will have some picture up soon =D

P.s I will eventually get a 5gal 8 bag kit or just the 220 micron bag.. and just use the rest of the 1 gallon kit that i got..