PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen Bob Dobalina?

bghjkl
01-02-2010, 05:59 AM
I bought a diffuser and slide from him in late november. I paid for it on DECEMBER 6. He told me it'll be done "sometime this week" through December 14. After that, he has completely ceased communication. On DECEMBER 19, I filed a paypal claim due to non-reciept. He sent me a PM later that day something some personal issues, and that he'd make my items later that night. The next day I asked him for a tracking number, and he said something about breaking 5 diffusers and he cant do it baww haww. He offered me a fully worked diffuser and matching icepinch bowl instead of the clear showerhead/disc diffused set I'd asked for. I told him that was just fine, that the most important thing to me is communication. I cancelled the dispute on paypal. I haven't heard from him since, and I can't file another claim on paypal on a transaction I already made and cancelled a claim on.

I'm just curious if anyone is aware of something legit that he's getting into that's preventing him from giving me a diffuser/refund. Also if anyone has a Phone Number that he can be reached at, please PM it to me.

Also this is in head pieces because there's no buyer/seller beware thread, no general (non hash-related) discussion forum, and this is where everyone is.

amtbps
01-02-2010, 06:50 AM
Sounds like you should PM a mod/admin and not make a post like this. As you said, the thread no longer exists to the public..

bghjkl
01-02-2010, 06:56 AM
i'm just exploring the possibility that someone other than a mod/admin knows what's going on here.

Vitaherb
01-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Quit dealing with Paypal and contact your bank.

However, if you paid with PayPal funds, instead of it tracking directly thru your bank account, then you're S.O.L.

And I'm sure he was aware of the cancelling-dispute thing. I sure am, and it's a scammer's dream, apparently.

ganjalicious
01-02-2010, 03:57 PM
bghjkl (http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/member.php?u=2905) I'm with ya on this. I wrote in the buyer/seller feedback thread before it got taken down too. I myself paid bob too around the very beginning of december for a arm attachment which I never got.

Unless Bob makes things right, I don't think he should be on this site. I too haven't heard hardly anything from him.

WaTdAbLuNt420
01-02-2010, 04:28 PM
Bob Dobalina is a good man, once he had me waiting for a mouthpiece attachment and he told me that he had been busy and to make up for it he sent me an disc diffused slide. I'm pretty sure that he has been busy doing other stuff this holiday season and hasn't got time around. I'm sure he is not gonna take your money, just be patient and you will probably get your glass soon.

ShatterWulf
01-02-2010, 05:08 PM
The crux of this whole issue is that glassblowers shouldn't take money for custom work if they don't have the time to make it.

dosman
01-02-2010, 05:18 PM
it's a bad situation but I think Bob will make it right. once I bought an ice pinch from him and because he didnt send it out the NEXT DAY he sent me another one for free. he seems like a pretty legit guy...give him a few more days?

ganjalicious
01-02-2010, 05:41 PM
bob seems like a great guy, thats out to help the people. I hope he makes it right.

I do hope I receive my merchandise, I received one PM saying that he had some troubles. That was about 3 weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything since. I just don't like the lack of communication, thats the part that gets me. It's been over a month since payment.

bghjkl
01-02-2010, 05:46 PM
i'm glad i'm not alone here.

I've had repairs done by him and i've bought stuff from him in the past and this is the first time i've had any trouble.

lepstadder
01-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Dobalina owes me for some work as well!!!!!!

What an ass...

Well if anyone knows anything please let us know...

I have even pm'd him on other sites,

he has been out of communication with me for weeks and has had my money for longer

EEbrew
01-02-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm also looking for him.....

dontstepongrass
01-02-2010, 06:34 PM
someone goto his house, who knows... maybe he's dead

Vitaherb
01-02-2010, 10:07 PM
If for what ever reason he is dead I take no responsibility for the fact, however, please grab me a couple tubes!

Jokes aside, If you're still weary and don't feel like waiting for a response, just want your money back, follow what I posted mate. It does look though that this Bob Dob is pretty reputable and wouldn't solely screw ya over. The holiday's give people more reason to be lazy :) (I am not saying Bob Dobalina is lazy)

Hamburlgar
01-02-2010, 10:27 PM
I waited patiently for 6 weeks to get my Bod Dobalina inline/bubler from him.

Just wait it out man.

yawbus
01-02-2010, 10:45 PM
i got a pm from him on the 21st of Dec

bghjkl
01-02-2010, 11:43 PM
i got a pm from him on the 21st of Dec

which means he's seen my (and i'm sure others') pm's.

DSoG do you have a Phone Number for him?

lepstadder
01-03-2010, 02:12 AM
The 21st is also last i heard from him

DrBudGreengenes
01-03-2010, 02:47 AM
Whoa..."Spool down there Turbo"

When did Buying "Art"
Become...Shopping @ Walmart?
W/Deadlines and guarantee's?
U Sir need to relax and ..
MEDICATE
Using Whatever means U have
(even if that means a Rolling Paper)

Until U receive your piece
Which I'm gonna say u prolly will
But....

Once again this Man is an artist
NOT
a Machine
We ALL just had a VERY Stressful
Month December is ruff on all
Relax bro...
I Bet it turns out Just fine...
:smoke1:

bghjkl
01-03-2010, 03:11 AM

When did Buying "Art"
MEDICATE

But....

NOT
a Machine
Relax bro...

I hate to be a dick, especially to a mod; but here goes.

Shatterwulf put it perfect. The crux of the whole issue is that he shouldn't have accepted money from so many people if he wasn't going to have the time to make it in a timely manner.

Also, I've never had deadlines and guarantees at walmart, but I did have such from Bob D. When he told me that my items would be shipped "sometime this week," I expect my items to be shipped sometime that week.

Not only did he fall through there, but when I filed a claim with paypal, he was certainly quick to respond, and gave me a second guarantee that my items would be done that night.

They weren't.

Additionally, I don't see a clear showerhead and clear dd slide as being art so much as scientific glassware. I bought an item, I paid for an item, I should recieve an item.

The time window for it 'turning out just fine' is long over. It would have turned out just fine if I'd gotten my items in a timely manner, as he promised.

The community needs to understand that all this controversy is serious business. This shit, the Toro shit, the Roor shit, and everything else has a lot of concerned individuals being told to "quit bitching and smoke more weed". This is the most ridiculous solution to anything i've ever heard. Bob has a lot of people's money. Smoking weed makes you forget your problems, it doesn't solve them. I want this solved, not forgotten. So instead of relaxing and medicating, I'm more interested in finding out what the fuck is going on. Thank you.

abuse
01-03-2010, 03:30 AM
I hate to be a dick, especially to a mod; but here goes.

Shatterwulf put it perfect. The crux of the whole issue is that he shouldn't have accepted money from so many people if he wasn't going to have the time to make it in a timely manner.

Also, I've never had deadlines and guarantees at walmart, but I did have such from Bob D. When he told me that my items would be shipped "sometime this week," I expect my items to be shipped sometime that week.

Not only did he fall through there, but when I filed a claim with paypal, he was certainly quick to respond, and gave me a second guarantee that my items would be done that night.

They weren't.

Additionally, I don't see a clear showerhead and clear dd slide as being art so much as scientific glassware. I bought an item, I paid for an item, I should recieve an item.

The time window for it 'turning out just fine' is long over. It would have turned out just fine if I'd gotten my items in a timely manner, as he promised.

The community needs to understand that all this controversy is serious business. This shit, the Toro shit, the Roor shit, and everything else has a lot of concerned individuals being told to "quit bitching and smoke more weed". This is the most ridiculous solution to anything i've ever heard. Bob has a lot of people's money. Smoking weed makes you forget your problems, it doesn't solve them. I want this solved. So instead of relaxing and medicating, I'm more interested in finding out what the fuck is going on. Thank you.
Yeah, I totally agree. If he was so fast to take the money, he better be fast sending the item out. I've had no problem with him with the 1 transaction I have made with him. Only problem I found was that he is somewhat slow with his shipping

EEbrew
01-03-2010, 03:31 AM
His end of a deal is a couple MONTHS past due with me.

EEbrew
01-03-2010, 03:38 AM

When did Buying "Art"
MEDICATE

But....

NOT
a Machine
Relax bro...

I'm sorry but you stated in chat one of the reasons you mod this section is because you admit to knowing little about glass in general.

EDIT: No EEBrew...I did NOT say I'm a MOD bcuz I
"Know Very little about glass in general"
what I said was...
I'm a glass Mod bcuz...
I'm Not
"Bedazzled" by Glass

I'm not sure it that means you know nothing about business. You don't take payment, give and eta of a week and then have nothing after a month.

This is a serious issue. I remember such event of that of the glass blower "wood". Who was said to be legit, and man he is an awesome artist but he just got so backlogged and lost money and sold people's pieces he was to fix. It's a crazy story. I hear dave strobel also have some outstanding glass debt to custom orders.

If he takes an order, he should know how to make it, how long it takes him, that's how he formulates the rate at which to charge you. He should know how long it will take him and what a padded ETA would be.

lepstadder
01-03-2010, 07:28 AM

When did Buying "Art"
MEDICATE

But....

NOT
a Machine
Relax bro...

For real?

I hope it turn out fine but what we have here is a plain and simple break of an agreement.

When we payed this guy money it was with the guarantee that we get our product in a reasonable amount of time.

In my case dobalina stated the items were "ready to go" exact words.

Within a few hours from that message he received my money.

Now in my case this was not an arrangement for a commissioned peace of one of a kind art, the units i purchased were adapters.

And regardless when you pay for something you expect to recieve it or at least receive info as to the status of your order.

Plain and simple.

Black and White.

Right and wrong.

Nothing else

dontstepongrass
01-03-2010, 09:40 AM
lol.

either use his address to go ambush him and demand ur fuckin loot, or please STFU all of u. a post that "states the facts" is one thing, but this is retarded.

lepstadder
01-03-2010, 05:08 PM
This thread started off fine...

It was only meant for people who have seen dobalina or have info about whats up with him.

This is the ideal place for the open exchange of information regarding another community member.

Nobody came into the thread bashing, or talking shit about dobalina.

We(the people who have given him $) just want to find out whats up.

Nothing wrong with that at all...

What we dont need is other people who dont know what the fuck is going on, who dont care and are just bored and want to start shit...

That is part of the reason the glass market disappeared right?

People posting irrelevantly in other peoples threads, people with a complete lack of tact starting flame wars.

this was never the intention of this thread.

And DSOTG get real brother

dontstepongrass
01-03-2010, 05:52 PM
i am real. all u who r out money, pool ur info u have on the guy (in the industry this is known as skip-tracing) and all of u go after the fucker.

obviously he hasnt been online here, so i'd suggest other forms of hunting him down such as address or phone numbers. all im sayin is, the point is known: do not deal with bob dobalina.

Evergreen
01-03-2010, 06:07 PM
patience young grasshopper. . . . you are dealing with a GLASSBLOWER after all, I would email this guy directly if you can contact him, but he is probably making the items for you, as it is hard to make certain pieces. He also said he had some personal problems so have some respect for that ( no that you are being rude or anything) because you don't know what the problem is, I'm sure he is not trying to rip you off.
I would def. try to contact HIM, not posting this on the forum,not that it is a no no and you cannot post grievences on this forum, but maybe someone will have some contact info on him that reads this thread, but you dont want the blower to think that you are spreading slander about him, thus lagging more on your piece.

just my two cents.
hope it works itself out

TokerDS
01-03-2010, 07:33 PM
you are dealing with a GLASSBLOWER after all

ive been saying this forever on every forum ive been on, and have been caught in the position these people are in a couple times. Just because they are a glassblower/artist doesn't give them the right to take money and lag on a piece. If this were any other business, lawyers would be involved, people would be suing for his information and their art (or money back).

Im sick of glassblowers living in this fantasy business world where they think they can be assholes, take as long as they want, and come up short on orders, when you the customer fulfilled your end of the bargain two times over (paying on time, and waiting for your art). Im not saying I know every glassblower out there, and I sure have met nice ones who understand the point im making, but for every glassblower like that, ive met 10 that disagree.

Sorry to clutter the thread but THIS is the reason people view potheads/glass/anything marijuana as destructive. If we followed the rest of the business rules like the rest of the god damn world maybe we would be taken seriously for once, and actually grow into the economy and community many of us are striving for.

We, the users, not the creators, are the reason they have jobs, and to take advantage of that like they do is just wrong and hurts the cause. You all can flame me all you want, even ban me if you feel necessary, but we all know that once a forum becomes over moderated, a new one just pops up that allows the freedom all of us want.

So please dont dismiss my claims, you can form your own opinion about it, but dont overlook it, because we are the beginning of the glass business. We have the power to shape the way people view this before it hits the mainstream. So do it right or leave.

EDIT: and if you want to do one of these threads right, how about you create a sticky only mods can edit, where you gather all the info from the forum threads and aggregate. so that all users who have an issue have a central place to go for information. These threads always get like this because guess what? Your moderating a forum on the internet where people voice their opinions, without threads like this all you have is WOW COOL TUBE!, SICK TORO!, SICK SOV!, and shouldn't we be a little more intellectual than that?

endoklino
01-03-2010, 07:46 PM
ive been saying this forever on every forum ive been on, and have been caught in the position these people are in a couple times. Just because they are a glassblower/artist doesn't give them the right to take money and lag on a piece. If this were any other business, lawyers would be involved, people would be suing for his information and their art (or money back).

Im sick of glassblowers living in this fantasy business world where they think they can be assholes, take as long as they want, and come up short on orders, when you the customer fulfilled your end of the bargain two times over (paying on time, and waiting for your art). Im not saying I know every glassblower out there, and I sure have met nice ones who understand the point im making, but for every glassblower like that, ive met 10 that disagree.

Sorry to clutter the thread but THIS is the reason people view potheads/glass/anything marijuana as destructive. If we followed the rest of the business rules like the rest of the god damn world maybe we would be taken seriously for once, and actually grow into the economy and community many of us are striving for.

We, the users, not the creators, are the reason they have jobs, and to take advantage of that like they do is just wrong and hurts the cause. You all can flame me all you want, even ban me if you feel necessary, but we all know that once a forum becomes over moderated, a new one just pops up that allows the freedom all of us want.

So please dont dismiss my claims, you can form your own opinion about it, but dont overlook it, because we are the beginning of the glass business. We have the power to shape the way people view this before it hits the mainstream. So do it right or leave.

EDIT: and if you want to do one of these threads right, how about you create a sticky only mods can edit, where you gather all the info from the forum threads and aggregate. so that all users who have an issue have a central place to go for information. These threads always get like this because guess what? Your moderating a forum on the internet where people voice their opinions, without threads like this all you have is WOW COOL TUBE!, SICK TORO!, SICK SOV!, and shouldn't we be a little more intellectual than that?
amen brother!

BigManNew
01-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Perspective #1: WOW, I think everyone who is having problems with getting their order from Bob should just chill and wait. Up until I just read this thread I had not heard anything bad about him. Sure he might take a while to get you your piece, but imagine having 6+ orders to fill. And none of us know what is going on in his life at the moment. And after I read this thread I think I only counted 6 people who have yet to receive their order, but imagine the other websites he is associated with and the number of orders he has had on those sites, as well as local orders. Also If all of these orders have some pretty nice work that has to be done to them, It might take him a while. Try looking at it from another perspective instead of assuming that Bob is fucking you over. Being a Glass Blower is not a very easy life unless you have got a really sick deal going for you.

I read in a post some where in this thread that it took one guy 6 weeks to get his order. So I would say give Bob a good 6-7 weeks to get you what you paid for. If you don't care about the piece anymore then follow what the post said about getting your money back.

But all of you who are complaining about how he said he would send it out "sometime this week", have you ever had to make multiple complex things by hand with each one being some what completely different? think about it from that point of view and let us know how long you think it would take you to get it done.

Perspective #2: I could also be very wrong about my first perspective so here is my second thought:

Maybe Bob Smoked some killer hash and Has been a little out of it for the last 3 weeks.

bghjkl
01-03-2010, 08:32 PM
patience young grasshopper. . . . you are dealing with a GLASSBLOWER after all, I would email this guy directly if you can contact him, but he is probably making the items for you, as it is hard to make certain pieces. He also said he had some personal problems so have some respect for that ( no that you are being rude or anything) because you don't know what the problem is, I'm sure he is not trying to rip you off.
I would def. try to contact HIM, not posting this on the forum,not that it is a no no and you cannot post grievences on this forum, but maybe someone will have some contact info on him that reads this thread, but you dont want the blower to think that you are spreading slander about him, thus lagging more on your piece.

just my two cents.
hope it works itself out
I know what the personal problems were. I just don't want to post them here...they're personal, but it was completely resolved when he contacted me, he was just explaining the delay. I've sent him multiple e-mails and tried contacting him on tokecity, MSN, and even myspace and facebook, with no avail. I've been looking for a phone number to contact HIM but i can't find one.

Perspective #1: WOW, I think everyone who is having problems with getting their order from Bob should just chill and wait. Up until I just read this thread I had not heard anything bad about him. Sure he might take a while to get you your piece, but imagine having 6+ orders to fill. And none of us know what is going on in his life at the moment. And after I read this thread I think I only counted 6 people who have yet to receive their order, but imagine the other websites he is associated with and the number of orders he has had on those sites, as well as local orders. Also If all of these orders have some pretty nice work that has to be done to them, It might take him a while. Try looking at it from another perspective instead of assuming that Bob is fucking you over. Being a Glass Blower is not a very easy life unless you have got a really sick deal going for you.

I read in a post some where in this thread that it took one guy 6 weeks to get his order. So I would say give Bob a good 6-7 weeks to get you what you paid for. If you don't care about the piece anymore then follow what the post said about getting your money back.

But all of you who are complaining about how he said he would send it out "sometime this week", have you ever had to make multiple complex things by hand with each one being some what completely different? think about it from that point of view and let us know how long you think it would take you to get it done.

Perspective #2: I could also be very wrong about my first perspective so here is my second thought:

Maybe Bob Smoked some killer hash and Has been a little out of it for the last 3 weeks.

Again. If I knew it would take longer than a week, I certainly wouldn't say "It'll be sent out sometime this week."

I'd say (before my customer paid)

"I'll be glad to make that for you, but I'm a little backed up right now and it could be a few weeks. If this is acceptable, you are welcome to proceed with the order, or if you like, I'll get back in touch when I'm not so busy"

or even

"I have a lot of orders to fill, I can't make that for you just yet. You should try contacting Glassblower X"

BUT THAT ISNT EVEN THE PROBLEM. The problem is that he hasn't spoken to anyone about anything. It's like he dropped off the face of the planet (with our money in his pockets). I'm sure everyone here would be very much less upset, and this thread would have never been made if he'd just kept in touch.

I've ordered from him before and I'm fairly confidant that something out of his control is going on (like he's dead or in jail....or 'perspective 2' haha)

BigManNew
01-03-2010, 08:37 PM
I understand where you are coming from. And if you don't like the way things are going talk to you bank or for those of you who haven't filed and canceled a complaint with paypal then do so. I am pretty sure someone posted on the first 2 pages of this thread with a way to get you money back via contacting your bank or something along those lines.

All I can really say now is the best of luck to all of you.

TokerDS
01-03-2010, 08:40 PM
I understand where you are coming from. And if you don't like the way things are going talk to you bank or for those of you who haven't filed and canceled a complaint with paypal then do so. I am pretty sure someone posted on the first 2 pages of this thread with a way to get you money back via contacting your bank or something along those lines.

All I can really say now is the best of luck to all of you.

theres only two ways for that advice to work out

PayPal: Conducts a through phone screening asking what the product was, and what you paid and etc. they find out its glass, freeze your account, and then shut it down.

Bank: bank laughs in your face for thinking theyre going to cover glass and sends you packing.

lets be realistic here....obviously a world in which you can do either and its fine is ideal, but were not there yet.

EDIT: I know you didnt give the advice but still....

BigManNew
01-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Ok, then someone said they were able to contact him via a online networking site such as facebook? Why not try and ask people he is friends with if they can help you contact him? I am sure if you guys do some good research you can figure out a way to contact Bob. Or pay about 3 dollars through some internet site to get his phone number. http://www.peoplelookup.com/people-search.html?searchform=name&

(Just a few thoughts I got after reading some more post in this thread) They might work, they might not I HAVE NO IDEA lol

TokerDS
01-03-2010, 08:59 PM
my real question is why aren't the mods ontop of this....im not saying go to his house, but you've gotta have his address, email, or phone number, or more information then go smoke a bowl and chill....

and no its not the mods responsibility, but id like some assurance....

BigManNew
01-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Website^^^ should prove useful to your questions TokerDS. It seems like a better way instead of getting the mods involved

Mrs.Greengenes
01-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Ya... you think hunting down someones personal telephone number... harassing them via email and ranting in the forums is really the best way to get your glass and seal the deal?

I know that you may be feeling impatient but really the people that are going on and on are the ones starting to look bad. You guys are not handling this properly in my opinion. I have never had any interaction with bob... don't know him at all. I do know that until now I have only heard nice things about him and his work. Quit doing business with him if you are unhappy. But for the love of cannabis.......... stop this nonsense already. Go handle your issues in private... we've heard what you have to say and it's a closed subject.

thank you Mrs.G :sick1:

fullmeltbubble
01-03-2010, 09:18 PM
closed....