PDA

View Full Version : What Good...

Ryan.
01-02-2010, 11:53 PM
is 9mm Glass when it breaks just as easy as 3mm glass

im so fucking pissed right now

I had a little glass full of ice

like a 4" tall glass that said coke on the side

I was fucking pouring ice in my tube and it slipped out of my hands and hit my ashcatcher...

My ashcatcher is fine, so is my downstem, bowl... but my fucking 9mm US Tubes beaker is in 100 pieces

How the FUCK does that even happen

waste of fucking money

I treat them all so fucking nice and stupid shit like this always happens

so fucking pissed right now

Guess it'l be vape / bowls only for now

Cause now I dont even know where to get another tube

/rant

:mad:

GlassFiend88
01-02-2010, 11:58 PM
Is it hard to write in paragraphs?

TheFuckingKid
01-03-2010, 12:10 AM
so sorry to hear about your lose man....sounds like an unbelievable story ...and as much as i hate to ask....you got any pics of the carnage?

Ryan.
01-03-2010, 12:14 AM
Under further inspection I noticed that the part that broke was only about 2mm thick

the rest of the beaker was 9mm give or take but there was a weak spot

im pretty pissed about that

seeing as most people with these tubes brag about how they are thick all the way down and other companies stretch out their glass to make the beaker

Anyway yeah picture..

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6875/img7094a.jpg

abuse
01-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Damn, this makes me wanna avoid '9mm' beakers all in all, straight tube 9mm roll

carlitos
01-03-2010, 12:26 AM
some times you just get no luck, i personally own a 9mm beaker which has fallen out of my hands many times in the bathtub and sink and still is perfect...but damn bro that sucks guess you just got unlucky in that beaker

Ryan.
01-03-2010, 12:27 AM
You know how they have those really fat female joints on their tubes ? well on the inside of that joint it is LESS than 2mm thick glass

Masshole
01-03-2010, 12:35 AM
Is it hard to write in paragraphs?
Is it hard to not be a douche bag?

Sorry about your loss man. Try E-Mailing US Tubes about the false advertising or something. Maybe they could hook you up with a deal or something.

Good luck...

Ryan.
01-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Anyone have an email addy or phone number ?

Id be happy to throw them some money for a tube with a messed up label or something

toalex
01-03-2010, 12:59 AM
Msg puff on tokecity he will gladly replace it I'm sure.

Edit: I just re-read this and it sounds so incredibly unbelievable it's not even funny. That glass coke cup must have had mega powers I guess considering how much you can throw one of those around and not have it break.

Ryan.
01-03-2010, 01:36 AM
what I was amazed at was that the glass did not actually hit the tube at all, it hit my carpet, bounced a little and tapped the ashcatcher

somehow causing the tube to break but no other part (even though it pretty much hit everything BUT the tube)

BTW, I am not trying to bash the company at all. They make some of my favorite tubes out of all companies. I am just stunned that this happened.

I never thought my 9 mil would break unless I dropped it on concrete or something

My 5 mil zob survived a 4 foot drop on to granite a few years back

Bukket
01-03-2010, 02:32 AM
had the same problem with 2 7mm gears sorry for your loss bud.

usg543
01-03-2010, 03:00 AM
Damn, this makes me wanna avoid '9mm' beakers all in all, straight tube 9mm roll

same here. the only beaker i'd ever buy is a US Tubes. why i stay away from beakers is they have to stretch the glass, i heard US Tubes used more glass to combat this??? hopefully you just got a bad one. or if you bought it used, maybe it could have been repaired before...

anyways you hit glass at the right angle no matter how thick and it will break. i'm sorry, it's a loss.

contact puff like they said. i've seen him replace other tubes on tokecity before. if yours is really as thin as you say around the joint i'm sure puff will take care of you. try to snap some pictures.

if he doesn't or even if he does, you could get that repaired into a straight easy. so keep it! or even, how sick would it be to have an inline US tubes ;) several guys around here do repairs! preston makes good inlines too from what i've seen.

and look at the bright side, now you get to buy new glass. wish i had an excuse :pipe:

Ryan.
01-03-2010, 03:05 AM
Picture

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9627/img7095.jpg

(too big so just click it)

That break was at a bit of an angle so its even thinner than it appears, The other side of the joint has at least 7mm of glass in the same spot measured in this pic

fornoone
01-03-2010, 03:09 AM
Usually with beaker bottoms they blow out the tubing so it doesn't actually stay the original thickness. Have you checked your broken pieces with a caliper to see how thick it actually was?

Ryan.
01-03-2010, 03:16 AM
The majority of the beaker appeared to be 9 mil, its just that there was a thin part in a part of the beaker wall

but no I dont have a caliper, except for those ones on my car :p

toalex
01-03-2010, 03:29 AM
Usually with beaker bottoms they blow out the tubing so it doesn't actually stay the original thickness. Have you checked your broken pieces with a caliper to see how thick it actually was?

Depends on the company, US tubes makes the actual beaker/base portion thicker then most of the tube from what I've seen; governmint also doesn't blow their beakers out (separately blown beaker attached to tube)

fornoone
01-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Depends on the company, US tubes makes the actual beaker/base portion thicker then most of the tube from what I've seen; governmint also doesn't blow their beakers out (separately blown beaker attached to tube)

The majority of the beaker appeared to be 9 mil, its just that there was a thin part in a part of the beaker wall

but no I dont have a caliper, except for those ones on my car :p

I wasn't accusing US Tubes of making shoddy beakers, just offering a logical explanation as to the break.

Mrs.Greengenes
01-03-2010, 09:15 PM
is 9mm Glass when it breaks just as easy as 3mm glass

im so fucking pissed right now

I had a little glass full of ice

like a 4" tall glass that said coke on the side

I was fucking pouring ice in my tube and it slipped out of my hands and hit my ashcatcher...

My ashcatcher is fine, so is my downstem, bowl... but my fucking 9mm US Tubes beaker is in 100 pieces

How the FUCK does that even happen

waste of fucking money

I treat them all so fucking nice and stupid shit like this always happens

so fucking pissed right now

Guess it'l be vape / bowls only for now

Cause now I dont even know where to get another tube

/rant

:mad:

You know profanity is the attempt of a feeble mind to express itself forcefully.......

I have to say... this is a classy post. Mrs.G

BigManNew
01-03-2010, 10:53 PM
When I first saw a US Tube my buddy showed me how he could wack the tube against a piece of wood and I was amazed.

I am really sorry that happened to you man. I'm going to PM you about a glass blower who makes high quality tubes for a reasonable price. And is really easy to get in contact with.

carlitos
01-03-2010, 11:19 PM
so you didnt measure any part and your claiming its 2mm glass..idk man i dont think us tubes does any of that i mean puff is an awesome guy, im pretty sure your an isolated insident.

Ryan.
01-04-2010, 12:22 AM
so you didnt measure any part and your claiming its 2mm glass..idk man i dont think us tubes does any of that i mean puff is an awesome guy, im pretty sure your an isolated insident.

Picture

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9627/img7095.jpg

(too big so just click it)

That break was at a bit of an angle so its even thinner than it appears, The other side of the joint has at least 7mm of glass in the same spot measured in this pic

I did measure, I wouldnt make up measurements

jBUCKS420
01-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Yea man thats fuckin weak that that fuckin shit happened to you man. Im fuckin sorry as fuck about that.

Superfluous
01-23-2010, 03:48 PM
so nobodyimportant, ever get a reply from puff?

RooRripRoadie
01-23-2010, 05:45 PM
That smells a bitch to get out of the carpet too. Sorry bro