PDA

View Full Version : Workbag sift before bubble box. Good idea or not?

anhedonia
01-04-2010, 04:58 PM
I have a broken 220u workbag i use to make dry sieve. I stretch the screen over a bowl, put my frozen ground trimmings on the screen and stretch a plastic bag over the ganja, leaving a little room then once the bag is fittid over the weed I use bamboo sticks and beat the cannabis like a drum. Can I take that collected dry sift and then run it through my bubblebox?

lepstadder
01-04-2010, 05:08 PM
yes .

anhedonia
01-04-2010, 05:39 PM
And I'll get the full melt? Thats why Im buying this thing. I want my dry sieve to sparkle. Right now the workbag thing isnt doing it for me anymore. I harvest a bunch of whiteberry in a couple weeks. I just wasnt sure wether you had to sft ground material back and fourth on the screen which would take forever or if I could sift 15 grams with the workbag in 2 hours then throw all that on the screen then sift back and fourth.

Green Supreme
01-04-2010, 05:49 PM
I would use the 160 bag though, it will let less contaminant through. Good luck. Peace GS

ShatterWulf
01-04-2010, 05:53 PM
If your material is high-quality enough I don't see why it wouldn't make full bubble, some trim doesn't quite do it. I mean, the work bag screen separates resin from the bulk of plant material and the bubble bags then separate that resin by size. If you had a bubble bag work bag that would probably do a better job than the dry sifting as far as initial separation is concerned.

anhedonia
01-04-2010, 06:27 PM
The whiteberry makes some impressive resin powder when sifted with the 220u. Comes out very blond, but unfortunately there are tiny bits of pistils that make it through the workbag, not much though. Its pretty hard to see with the naked eye.

OnlyHighGrade
01-04-2010, 07:56 PM
^^^^ exactly, it's hard to see with the naked eye. if you looked through a scope you would see just how contaminated it really was. i'm still confused why you wanna use bubblebags to make dry sift. bubble that material!

anhedonia
01-04-2010, 08:13 PM
I have a 4 bag bubblebag set. I had to replace the workbag after learning the hard way that you do all your mixing in a bucket first and only use the work bag for removal of matter. So I thought I would use the unripped portion as a screen and make dry sieve. Now I want to make the full melt and I have enough money to purchase that gem bubblebox. I acctually have about 7 grams of workbag dry sieve that Im saving to run through my new box when it gets here.