PDA

View Full Version : Toros in stock San Diego Head Shop!!!!!!!!!!!!

jpa420
01-06-2010, 03:27 AM
Hey fmb. San Diego has finally got their hands on some high end glass. That's right I just went to Funky Munky in Pb in San Diego on garnett avenue and they had Toros. Apparently they aquired the liscense 3 weeks ago. in stock were ther Circ/ Circ designs, disk/13, 7/13 as well as just the fixed 7. One bummer, outrageously over priced they wanted $950 for the 7/13 i was appalled. So yeah San diego is at least reppin toros now but still way cali priced.- James

Letting homies know in the glass game- james

Concentrated
01-06-2010, 03:32 AM
That is good to know jpa, what is a circ/circ there?

jpa420
01-06-2010, 04:56 AM
I honestly walked out right when i saw the price of the 7/13. i believe the price was 850 for the circ/circ tho but still, Screw Funky Munkey and their markups.

OrganicOdins420
01-06-2010, 05:56 AM
im sure you could haggle
those are sticker prices

greenthumbdanny
01-06-2010, 06:03 AM
Im sure you could work out a better price, Especially if ya kicked down a lil piece lol>>>Everyone cuts there own deals in life hehehe>>>Keep in mind them lil ma and pa type gimmicks need to make a buck also, how else would they besides mark em up and stick it to ya.

ToRo Head
01-06-2010, 07:14 AM
Hey fmb. San Diego has finally got their hands on some high end glass. That's right I just went to Funky Munky in Pb in San Diego on garnett avenue and they had Toros. Apparently they aquired the liscense 3 weeks ago. in stock were ther Circ/ Circ designs, disk/13, 7/13 as well as just the fixed 7. One bummer, outrageously over priced they wanted $950 for the 7/13 i was appalled. So yeah San diego is at least reppin toros now but still way cali priced.- James

Letting homies know in the glass game- james

640 at h2h with a 15% discount for a 7to 13! man thats a crazy high price but its part of the glass world some shops r better then others. but they might pull that whole sticker high, then when they take 200 off you think your getting a crazy good deal but its just the average price for a 7 to 13. i still havent seen a shop compette with h2h in toro prices.

jpa420
01-06-2010, 07:50 AM
no man the guy told me straight up strict pricing. He also threw in that they could mark them up even more.- james

gbk.xscape
01-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Ahhh I was right when I posted another head shop had toros!!! I knew they would be overpriced. If you really want a toro then take a lil trip up to LA and hit up dementia, its the best idea imho.

jpa420
01-06-2010, 08:02 AM
yeah man for sure, il hit that up one day, but onli e for toro is the way to go really

GratefulPhish
01-06-2010, 08:19 AM
actually the best place to go with a toro is not to buy one if you are in cali and just get an SG

BigManNew
01-06-2010, 08:20 AM
When I am driving to Cali I'm going to stop in LA before I get to SB and visit dementia.

GratefulPhish
01-06-2010, 08:20 AM
oh and funky monkey is terrible, the other "high end" tubes they have were like some worked ZOBs LOL

jpa420
01-06-2010, 08:27 AM
Greatfulfish is right, they got the Toros next to the Illadelphs but yeah they really got ZOBS. I aint hating on zob tho, decent econo perc bongs.- james

OnlyHighGrade
01-06-2010, 09:25 AM
actually the best place to go with a toro is not to buy one if you are in cali and just get an SG

^^^ the price for sg's is getting pretty redic these days imho, and i live in cali. where do you get your sg's? his site? the site is pretty expensive if you ask me. I know a couple shops back east that will ship me toros for low 5's. Not bashing SG, I love them, just getting harder and harder for me to afford.

GratefulPhish
01-06-2010, 09:27 AM
yeah you get it from his site, and they usually dont cost more really unless you are going for a pillar

crondo619
01-06-2010, 07:10 PM
San diego glass scene sucks,They dont appreciate the art like the northwest or the eastcoast.But la has some great shops.

f0urtwenty
01-06-2010, 07:19 PM
When I am driving to Cali I'm going to stop in LA before I get to SB and visit dementia.

looks like you'll be passing right through. you should stop by for a sesh. PM me if you're down.

GratefulPhish
01-06-2010, 07:35 PM
San diego glass scene sucks,They dont appreciate the art like the northwest or the eastcoast.But la has some great shops.

not all of SD sucks, there are a few good places like glassworks

OnlyHighGrade
01-06-2010, 10:07 PM
^^^^ only been to glassworks once. it was in late august I believe, septemberish. I got a grip of sick royal pushes and pinches. They had a pretty on point 'heady' case as far as so cal goes. Some nice JAG pieces and some other nice work.

SheepDawg
01-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Hook it up bro...LOL! Id love to blow some glass for some shops down there.. Havnt yet... Youd think I had some connections being born and raised half my life down there but, nope,none that I can think of sell any glass?:sick1::smoke1::smoke1::smoke1::smoke1:

ToRo Head
01-07-2010, 06:33 AM
no man the guy told me straight up strict pricing. He also threw in that they could mark them up even more.- james

thats crazy markup from were they are already r u serious. you said u walked right out rightT???????? good for you i would laugh in that guys face if he told me that price.

jpa420
01-07-2010, 08:20 PM
Yup man the store was crowded as hell tho, id like to see what a little one on one negotiation would do. but yeah man i walked straight out lol fuck those markups!!

gbk.xscape
01-07-2010, 09:00 PM

Yea people know about CGC here. We were talking about toros not SG so
if you like them that's fine but the topic is TOROS not SG.

GratefulPhish
01-08-2010, 12:12 AM
Yea people know about CGC here. We were talking about toros not SG so
if you like them that's fine but the topic is TOROS not SG.

thats exactly what i was talking about dude so...

I said if you are in cali why get the overpriced toro, so it looks like i was talking about toro and if you look i also talked about headshops in SD.

carlitos
01-08-2010, 12:30 AM
i agree with phish in this one...why get an overpriced toro in the west coast when you can get a decent priced SG...i mean not that Toro is not good glass, JP is the man but if its overpriced for no reason screw that get an SG and wait till the glass market is up and trade for a Toro lol im sure a lot of east coast kids are looking to expand their collection

ToRo Head
01-08-2010, 07:18 AM
Yup man the store was crowded as hell tho, id like to see what a little one on one negotiation would do. but yeah man i walked straight out lol fuck those markups!!

good for you man thats a joke. like i said headin to hertel stickers 7 to 13s for 640 and gives a 10 to 15 percent discount shit toro ac circs sticker for 130 i paid 110 for all 3 i purchased from them. so if they could sell them for that price and make a profit then that headshop is easily trying to triple their investment. and i can tell u from my own exp. i went direct to 2 blowers and u would be suprised how cheap glass really is from the blowers thats all ill say no names. ive only hit one sg and it wasnt bad at all so i guess your location decides what kind of toob u buy till cali gets going with toros.

fornoone
01-11-2010, 06:51 AM
I guess you aren't that tight with the guys that work there

fornoone
01-11-2010, 06:53 AM
^^^ the price for sg's is getting pretty redic these days imho, and i live in cali. where do you get your sg's? his site? the site is pretty expensive if you ask me. I know a couple shops back east that will ship me toros for low 5's. Not bashing SG, I love them, just getting harder and harder for me to afford.
maybe because kids on this very forum drive up the price for sg tubes.
if you are overpaying you need to find better connections