PDA

View Full Version : BHO question

khanold2
01-06-2010, 10:59 PM
just made my first batch of BHO. How the hell do u guys get this stuff out of the glass container you collected in and into your oil dish, its so damn sticky haha, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bongwater420
01-06-2010, 11:06 PM
lol i think u have the wrong forum bho is never welcome here chemical extracted heads are disgusting

f0urtwenty
01-06-2010, 11:08 PM
ruh roh. imma go hide.

not sure you're gunna get a warm response to a BHO question in the ice water extraction section. i know a lot of members on this site remain solvent free.

to answer you question; very carefully. :snake:

Bukket
01-06-2010, 11:11 PM
use a razor, also another forum for oil questions :)

DrBudGreengenes
01-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Ice Water Extracted Bubblehash (http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
BHO?

The trash can..
is a good place for it...
throw it out and buy a new Dish?

I'm sorry you got all that poison stuck to it
:smoke1:

khanold2
01-06-2010, 11:12 PM
word, i just know glassheads and most of them love their extracts, regardless of method, but ya probably not the best idea to ask about bho on a fullmelt site ha, feel free to delete this i figured it out. And after sampling the product, shit blows compared to bubble or drysift, ill stick with my bubblebox

DUBSteppin
01-07-2010, 12:46 AM
Hahaha poison

Evergreen
01-07-2010, 01:57 AM
Bro you are getting more ripped because you are smoking a nasty accumulative chemical ether mercaptinan ( probably spelled wrong) it is the shit that makes gas smell. Just think about it. You are spraying BUTANE through cannabis in a tube then you are smoking it. When I put cocaine on my spliffs I get way more ripped than bubble, J/K

DUBSteppin
01-07-2010, 02:02 AM
Well of course cocaine brings you up before the spliff brings you down bra

Razz
01-07-2010, 03:18 AM
This thread is getting killed...fast

Justme
01-07-2010, 03:58 AM
at least he admitted his fault .. lol

Evergreen
01-07-2010, 04:56 AM
I was kidding Dubbstep. . . . I never do blow.

DUBSteppin
01-07-2010, 08:25 AM
So was i, blow is bad stuff

ja rasta
01-07-2010, 09:01 AM
This is a site for bubblehash extracted using a water method. This isnt a site to ask questions about BHO IM surpised the mods have been free about you asking this even though the thread got off track. Try another forum with more variety to find your answer.

fullmeltbubble
01-07-2010, 09:05 AM
I've learned a lot from Bubbleman....He's of the belief that censorship is wrong...I've battled with this myself, wanting to close threads about other companies bags, or BHO....While this site in no way condones making or smoking oil....Threads like this may help sway someone from using bho....now there is a limit....The other thing i learned is there is absoutlly no such thing as a "clean" bho....when Butane evaporates it leaves behind a chemical call mercaptin(sp)....I've seen BHO tested at 89% thc....while some are amazed at this number. I simply ask whats in the other 11%? Cuz in Bubble or Drysift its not gonna kill you

jBUCKS420
01-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Ive never heard of anyone dying from consuming bho, and there are tens of thousands consuming it, according to the membership of other sites. If you guys are gonna debate things, facts are the only tools necessary.

lepstadder
01-07-2010, 03:54 PM
Hey guys wouldn't it be easier to answer the kids question, then to polity inform him of the purpose of the site(to spread the word of PURE hash)

Not to climb up on your high horses and act like your shit dont stink.

Come on people humble yourselves, you are no better than anyone else, it dont matter if you smoke full melt every day and grow 100 different strains, you are not the end all be all of information.

We all have alot to learn FROM EACH OTHER, so pull you head out your asses and,

take a lesson from your weed and ---BE KIND---

now to answer the question without being a dick

an easy way to do it would be to warm the dish by placing it in another dish with hot water to loosen the hash from the glass.

then to use razor or personally a paint knife works great to scrape it up.

If it is to difficult it would not hurt to add some iso or clear clear ethyl alcohol to help scrape it into a corner.

but if you really want the tastiest hash then solvent extractions are not the way to go.

P.S. ethyl mercaptans is not added to all brands of butane.

Check the M.S.D.S. for information regarding the chemical makeup of your brand.

khanold2
01-07-2010, 04:04 PM
ya i ultimately just warmed my glass container for a little bit and scraped up all my earl, thanks for the answers. info on mercaptin, and comedy, stay up FMB

Evergreen
01-07-2010, 04:26 PM
no prob khanold2

lepstadder
01-08-2010, 03:33 PM
So whats up with people calling it "EARL"

Some kid i met was selling this shit called "earl"

He said it was bubblehash but it had like a reddish hue to it and tasted like perfume a bit, gross, totally melted, but was totally weird

Evergreen
01-08-2010, 03:54 PM
earl might be a BHO/bubble mix.

Razz
01-08-2010, 04:39 PM
i almost died from smoking bho everyday for 5 months.....then i went to bubbleman with a batch of weed and asked him to show me how to make bubble, and he gladly did....never again will i ever make or smoke bho!

OnlyHighGrade
01-08-2010, 05:06 PM
I believe the term 'earl' developed in the medical scene in the san fernando valley. When the AG passed the ban on solvent extracted concentrates, people began calling 'ear wax' earl. I saw it as a way to keep bho on the menu. However, it could also just be some super cool trendy valley slang like 'odge', but ya, means ear wax.

toalex
01-08-2010, 05:49 PM
I believe the term 'earl' developed in the medical scene in the san fernando valley. When the AG passed the ban on solvent extracted concentrates, people began calling 'ear wax' earl. I saw it as a way to keep bho on the menu. However, it could also just be some super cool trendy valley slang like 'odge', but ya, means ear wax.

iono lol everyone on tokecity calls it earl, seems weird to me why not just call it oil @___@

kbg.kamikazee
01-09-2010, 08:02 PM
just so yall know, mercaptin is the scent to give odor to odorless natural gasses, and is naturally contained in the human brain and body as is, im sure as can be that theres no way it leaves behind 11% of that smelly shit, especially if you whip up your budder, and use triple refined or better butane without fillers..

yes, obviously bubble hash is the purest way to go, but we should still be able to talk about other forms of hash.. i myself enjoy a nice little bho run every now and then..

Bubbleman
01-09-2010, 08:05 PM
Well.. you are free to discuss it obviously there is a thread on here for months now...
However that being said... we dont promote it here.. as we believe it gives cannabis a bad name.
My friend INdra was the first to release the butane method online years ago thru erowid and i can tell you today he is NOT HAPPY ABOUT IT.
Many have blown themselves up and burned themselves to a point where they will never recover physically. Thats not even counting the sheer amount of health ramifications people who smoke oil chronicaly may see in the future.

oh and for clarification bho is NOT hash.. it is OIL.... check rob clarke's book hashish for a reference on their difference's.

peace
Bubble man

hashcat
01-09-2010, 08:20 PM
lol you guys are funny

almost died.....

way too many people have no idea what they are doing when it comes to making oil. way too many people are blowing themselves up (giving it a bad name) and way to many people are smoking underpurged nastiness.

everyone here will admit that water washes away some of the valuable essential oils that make smoking a more unique experience among variety of strain. butane doesnt do this, infact it captures almost all of them.

now dont flame me...i love FMB much more than any BHO. but any day of the week, you are more likely to get an incredible product from butane than ice and water. especially when running small amounts. i.e it would be damn near retarded to run 7 grams in a set of bags, while that is the average size run for me with BHO, yielding me around a gram of amazing product.

when bho is properly purged, made with buds and close trim, and smoked off of a proper device such as dome or ti pad....it is a true representation of flavor. every herb i have extracted, the bho tastes exactly as the fresh herb smells! there is no smoky flavor

again please dont hate...as i do love bubble more than bho. i just believe bho has its place (for people that run small amounts)

sm0ke
01-10-2010, 06:28 PM
yah Id like to get a little more information on people who have had health problems from smoking BHO. im not calling you a liar but come on... almost died???

hashcat
01-10-2010, 07:22 PM
i can see almost dying from severely underpurged bho for over 5 months....which is sad because many people smoke this SHIT

btw...i am pretty sure earl just came from saying oil in like a slow accent when your super oiled up...kind of in a drawl....some earrl

fullmeltbubble
01-10-2010, 08:07 PM
butane hash oil hasn't been around very long in terms of cannabis use...back in the day they would use grain alcohol...so its still way to early to see long term health effects...on an ancetodotal note, i used to only smoke BHO...i purged for 5 days...in the sun...huge pyrex dish....i constantly had heart burn and a cough....2000 came and i met bubbleman and got a set of bags....made hash(wasn't fmcd by any stretch of the imgainiation)...but it was a new toy so i kept only smoke hash....lo and behold heart burn went away....being the dummy i was, i didn't put two and two together, so started smoking oil again...heart burn came back....ran out of oil, went back to hash/grass and heart burn went away

jBUCKS420
01-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Neat story. When comparing smoking oil to smoking herb, I have noticed that my lungs don't feel so phlegmy and I don't cough as often when I smoke oil. I can take a small toke and its equal to a huge bong hit and I don't feel like smoking again for hours, sometimes even the rest of the day. But Im sure some fmcd could also be utilized that way. Ive tried full melt that left me absolutely stoned for the remainder of my afternoon.

Green Supreme
01-10-2010, 08:25 PM
There was a dude around here for sometime named Earl and he was the maker of some of the nicest product anywhere at the time. After a time his product was referred to as Earl. Red oil so hard you had to dig it out of the jar with a metal poker. Peace GS

hashcat
01-10-2010, 11:39 PM
i just want to go on a limb and say....

seems like a lot of you long time hash only smokers havent tried bho for many years

it has come a long way. i bet if some of you guys tried some really nice oil...youd be in for a nice surprise.

Green Supreme
01-10-2010, 11:44 PM
Long as they are made with solvents I will stick with the solvent I like, water. Peace GS

fullmeltbubble
01-11-2010, 01:32 AM
no offense hash but the cats talking here more likely than not have made more oil than you've ever seen....if you looked at my post...you saw i purged for 5 days!!!!! how many oil smokers do you know purge for more than a cpl hours......

keithonfire
01-11-2010, 01:56 AM
lmao FMB ur too funny !! let these rookies know the deal

hashcat
01-11-2010, 04:07 AM
no offense hash but the cats talking here more likely than not have made more oil than you've ever seen....if you looked at my post...you saw i purged for 5 days!!!!! how many oil smokers do you know purge for more than a cpl hours......

the person that taught me how to make oil safely purges for 2 WEEKS. i still do not think his oil is purged as well as mine, for the simple fact that he does not keep it over a heated surface.. the heat of the sun is simply not enough to create a viscous liquid in which the butane bubbles can freely escape. his oil always has a more generic taste that i cant identify, which ive always blamed on the butane. his shit makes me hack and cough way more too (in a bad way) i may have not seen as much oil as some of you have made, but id be willing to garuntee ive made more properly extracted bho than youve seen properly extracted.

and again sorry i am not trying to offent ANYONE. just have good discussion
bubble on!!!

(you will actually see me in the other forums where BHO is accepted ragging on BHO and pushing bubble so....)

fullmeltbubble
01-11-2010, 04:15 AM
but id be willing to garuntee ive made more properly extracted bho than youve seen properly extracted.

properly extracted bho would be made using lab supplies joeshmoe doesn't have nor can get.....and even using the word proper and butane is a scary pairing....trust me there's a lot of sites that you can go oil nuts on....is it really to much to ask for one safe refuge? Until you've seen someone with 3rd degree burns on 90% of their body from making oil.....

Slick57
01-11-2010, 04:18 AM
that's plain ridiculous. If I got stoned enough, I would fucking drown in a garbage can full of water making bubble. Risks are what you make of them

sibannac
01-11-2010, 04:20 AM
I thought this was a bubblehash site?????

I love comin on here and seeing people talking about BHO. This is a site for bubblehash. Respect the B-man and don't bring it up.

It ain't fullmeltoil.com is it????

Basack
01-11-2010, 04:24 AM
that's plain ridiculous. If I got stoned enough, I would fucking drown in a garbage can full of water making bubble. Risks are what you make of them

Lol what?.... So running with ur shoe laces tied togeather and 2 knives in ur hands is the same risk as running normally... Just what you make outta the risks? Hmm.. lol. The butane has a wayyyyyy more likely chance of exploding then you do falling and drowning in your 1-8 gallon bucket of water... not to mention youd have to be a midget to fit in any of those buckets... but wait, you can fall and stab ur eyes out with the mixing spoon.

Green Supreme
01-11-2010, 04:26 AM
I have seen people that have suffered solvent burns. Have yet to encounter anyone who even knows anyone that has drowned making bubble. Get real man. Keep your blinders on for your convenience, but don't mislead others. Peace GS

Slick57
01-11-2010, 04:28 AM
I dont even make BHO, but trying to censor conversation discussing it is hilarious

sibannac
01-11-2010, 04:39 AM
It aint censoring man. Its called respect. This is B-mans site which he started for discussion of you guessed it bubblehash.

And it's disgusting.Just check this out.

http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/r?dbs+hsdb:@term+@na+Methanethiol

This is the crap that makes butane smell so we know when it's leaking.

Ya i wanna smoke that. haha

hashcat
01-11-2010, 04:40 AM
i know people that have done 1000+ runs with NO incident EVER
i also know people that have done 1 run only to have it horribly explode in their face and be scarred for life

the danger really is what you make it like someone else said...

be SMART, be SAFE, dont be an IDIOT and everything should be fine.

im out...you guys are right there is no reason to be talking about bho on bmans site...

jBUCKS420
01-11-2010, 05:45 AM
... there is no reason to be talking about bho on bmans site...

Its not that there is no reason, its just there is no use trying. These guys think that people still use unpurified butane that contains methyl mercaptan to produce oil, which is a fallacy. Ive never tried BHO that smelled or tasted like anything other than the plant matter that its made from.

Green Supreme
01-11-2010, 05:51 AM
Its like gong to an apple site and talking oranges. I mean they are both fruit right? Some folks just need to be difficult. Hope it makes you feel better. Peace GS

Slick57
01-11-2010, 05:52 AM
I would say it's more like going to a green apple website, and talking about red apples. Doesn't seem an offense

Green Supreme
01-11-2010, 06:10 AM
Ah so you do see the difference. Nuff said.Peace GS

Frosty
01-11-2010, 06:52 AM
Organic vs. Processed

/thread

...please

jBUCKS420
01-11-2010, 02:48 PM
If you've ever used feminized seeds, they have been doused in toxic chemicals. If you've ever done a non-organic grow, youre feeding it chemicals that are dangerous to human. However, if you flush, or "purge" it properly in the last couple of weeks, you will have a clean, good product. Its the same with making oil; volatile substance is used in its production, but if done correctly, all of the contaminates are flushed away in the purge process. There is no proof otherwise. Unless someone has proof...?

Green Supreme
01-11-2010, 05:24 PM
Now femmed seed boy you are stretching. Those who see no proof search with blinders on and no one can tell those folks anything anyways. Enjoy your carcinogenic hits LOL. Peace GS

sibannac
01-11-2010, 05:31 PM
And you have no proof that it is purged out completely. Just because you don't smell it don't mean it's not there or that it hasn't combined with the oils chemically to produce something totally different. butane also contains free radical molecules that cause it to change it's chemical composition and those molecules that leave the molecule have to go some where. And guess what it's made of Carbon and hydrogen. And guess what THC is made up of primarily Carbon and Hydrogen. So you don't think something could be going down in there???

Evergreen
01-12-2010, 02:29 AM
I find it hilarious that people even argue this and that on how there is nothing in the final product of BHO but THC.

YOU ARE SPRAYING GAS INTO A CYLINDER OF TRIM AND SMOKING WHAT COMES OUT AFTER "DRYING" IT!!!!!!!!!!! CAN YOU WRAP YOUR THICK MIND AROUND THAT????????ITHERE IS NO POINT IN ARGUING!!!!!! THE MERE FACT THAT YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH SMOKING THAT FUCKING GARBAGE AFTER BUTANE HAS TOUCHED IT SHOWS YOUR LEVEL OF INTELLIGENCE AND HOW MUCH YOU WORRY ABOUT HEALTH. NONE!!!

I HAVE A FEW FRIENDS WHO ONLY SMOKE OIL AND ITS ODD THEY ALL HAVE REALLY BAD HACKS AND COMPLAIN OF CHEST PAIN????????

Now, all in all I don't think that you are a dumbfuck if you smoke oil(hopefully you are not deeply offended by me) and I don't hold it against you because to each his own and if you want to smoke that stuff then by all means go for it.

But don't come here to this forum and try to argue that there is nothing unhealthy about BHO and there are no contaminants that are harmful in the end product!!!!! it looks really bad and you are not proving anything other than you are comfortable smoking something that has been processed with butane and you could care less about what goes into your body.

peace.

jBUCKS420
01-12-2010, 02:51 AM
How come, when I sprayed an entire can of butane into a dish and allowed it to evaporate, the dish was clean? There were no residues or anything. I scraped it with a razor and it came up clean. I would also like to add that butane is used in vegetable extraction to produce vegetable oil for human consumption. Just the facts, mam

Evergreen
01-12-2010, 03:36 AM
Because the butane has nothing to bond to. That is why it evaporates. When you blow oil with it it breaks down and so does the thc. then they bond. Just the facts Mrs.

Evergreen
01-12-2010, 03:37 AM
did you sit in the room and watch it evaporate?

sibannac
01-12-2010, 03:51 AM
Ya and are you smoking that vegtable oil? no i hope. And burning something then inhaling it is alot different then eating it.

Slick57
01-12-2010, 04:55 AM
I don't really see proof for either side of the argument. All I hear is... butane touches the herb, how can it NOT be in the product?

the fact of the matter is that laboratory testing needs to be conducted to prove one way or another.

Evergreen
01-12-2010, 06:21 AM
exactly Slick. . . .

ShatterWulf
01-12-2010, 03:20 PM
I don't argue the health of water hash over oils, I just can't afford to do them. I can't afford huge batches of dank bud to run through bubble bags, so oils (i typically use iso) provide nice yields that I can afford. I don't have any inherent physical problems that any of you guys talk about with smoking extract hashes though. My only regular ailment is back problems, and that's due to underdeveloped disks; no stomach acid problems, and I stopped hacking and coughing when I quit smoking cigarettes; and I'm not saying oil is better than bubble, I much prefer bubble to oil, but oil is better than herb, and I can't afford to make bubble.

Evergreen
01-12-2010, 03:46 PM
fuck, you lucky you even get weed out there!!!!!!!!! What is the top strain in Louisiana right now????????

ShatterWulf
01-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I actually picked up some real chocolope last week; dank is decent around here, but you have to be super well connected around here if you want something real nice, and you'll pay a big premium since it has to make it this far from Cali; so 60 an eigth is pretty good for somthing decent; but it'll be around 75+ for real shit. Plus I missed being able to get plants going before it got too cold.

Making bubble just isn't feasable for everyone, I'm super lucky if I can afford to make oil out of dank. Bubble is just too much for me, no matter how much I might enjoy it. It's mostly reggie oil for me.

Green Supreme
01-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Tests have been done, seems you are just too lazy to search them out. Of course if you did take the time you would see you have been defending something with no knowledge of , that can be pretty good deterrent to real research. Good luck. Peace GS

hashcat
01-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Post up the link man for us bhotards

sibannac
01-12-2010, 07:28 PM
I don't argue the health of water hash over oils, I just can't afford to do them. I can't afford huge batches of dank bud to run through bubble bags, so oils (i typically use iso) provide nice yields that I can afford. I don't have any inherent physical problems that any of you guys talk about with smoking extract hashes though. My only regular ailment is back problems, and that's due to underdeveloped disks; no stomach acid problems, and I stopped hacking and coughing when I quit smoking cigarettes; and I'm not saying oil is better than bubble, I much prefer bubble to oil, but oil is better than herb, and I can't afford to make bubble.

Ya iso is the only real way to make oil in my opinion if it has to be done.
You could make water hash with out bags, it won't be as good as bubble but it works. All you need is a glass jar.

Concentrated
01-12-2010, 07:32 PM
lol @ lazy.

I know people who have tried finding links proving that properly purged BHO made with a proper butane brand such as Vector 5x refined, and can't find shit for scientific results. I have seen somewhere that a guy almost got his friend in Berkley to test it... but never seen any kind of results, so i assume it fell through... so where are these links that hide so well?

thanks.

keep it concentrated

Green Supreme
01-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Already did my research.Peace GS

hashcat
01-12-2010, 11:01 PM
Already did my research.Peace GS

then why are you not willing to share? we are trying to be constructive here man.

and if there really is research backing these facts, it would be horrible as a human being of you to hide it from all of us people using bho :pray::pray:

and to SIBANNAC

if you think ISO is the best way to make oil you got another thing coming!!! talk about chemically polluted product YUCK!!!

fullmeltbubble
01-12-2010, 11:04 PM
just for you hashcat...your a cali med patient right? i want you to make your oil...exactly how you do...i'll pay for the g/c....we'll post the results here

Green Supreme
01-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Maybe from the sounds of things you should consider not using butane till you finish your research. I found all I needed and then dropped it. No bookmarks. Like I said, if you really want to know you will find it. Not so sure you all want to know though. Good luck. Peace GS

Green Supreme
01-12-2010, 11:10 PM
Sweet idea fmb. Talks cheap though and I doubt they really wanna know. Peace GS

Green Supreme
01-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Oh guess things could be a little embarrassing for the person who put up the oil. Be shitty to have talked smack then be totally wrong. Peace GS

hedeez
01-13-2010, 12:57 AM
lol @ oil haters...

Its very simple to know when your BHO is purged. It turns rock hard, aka "shatter". A good rule of thumb is if it sticks to your fingers at all throw it back on the pyrex for another purge.

As for iso users...

WTF!?

Iso is incredibly bad for you. It metabolizes into ACETONE in your body!! And can cause chemical pneumonitis, which is awful!

FMB is all well and good...but I just have not found bubble that has the same flavor and potency as my honey oils...

(2 cents)

Personally, I want one of these. Guess I gotta start saving (for a few years, lol)

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/8199/supercriticalextract.jpg

Slick57
01-13-2010, 01:55 AM
Lol I guess if you try hard enough to convince yourself all BHO is terrible, the damage is irreversible. Bubble can be dank, but can't transfer the taste of the herb like oil can

Concentrated
01-13-2010, 04:20 AM
Hashcat, I really hope you take FMB up on his offer, because I of course want to know what is going on... I would love to switch to 100% bubble... but... ive only had bubble once... and that was when I knew way fewer people than I do now... so the only way i can get bubble is to make it...

Until I see the results of this I will smoke what i smoke.

Keep it Concentrated.

fullmeltbubble
01-13-2010, 04:37 AM
if i really have to i'll even make the oil myself...on cam in front of hashcat and follow his procedure to the T....and take it in myself....i'm NOT kidding i know a cat who does the G/C's i'll pay for everything...its not that expensive...lets lay them cards down I'm all in? Call or fold?

the645project
01-13-2010, 05:48 AM
do it man..

hashcat
01-13-2010, 08:14 AM
i mean....i am down

i dont think anywhere i have said bho does NOT have ANY contaminates after evaporation...i have in fact just looking for an answer. the only info i can find online pertains to mercaptans which 5x refined butaned should have almost none to none of (depending on brand)

and i have definitely not seen ANYWHERE a report on bho itself reporting the contaminants. i would love to participate in and study the analysis of some "high quality" bho

sibannac
01-13-2010, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the info on ISO. I figured it being 99% pure alcohol and it evaporates completely there wouldn't be any crap in it.

I personally don't make Iso oil but I know a few who do so I'll pass it along.

If you want bubble to have great taste you gotta add a lil dry sift to it to get the terpenes. I personally prefer Dry sift over bubble but thats me.

And i wanna see this BHO test too. Do it up.

Trichgnomes
01-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Personally, I want one of these. Guess I gotta start saving (for a few years, lol)

Someone posted a link to an animation of one of those, it's pretty badass.

http://www.edenlabs.org/supercritical_extraction.html

f0urtwenty
01-13-2010, 04:55 PM
I have heard many rumors of co2 critical extraction done with a DIY setup using mostly paintball fittings and parts. But I haven't seen one, so they may just be rumors. The design posted above is a closed system that will recoup the co2. It has the heating and cooling elements built in. Something like this will run upwards of $50k.

Essentially all you would really need is a co2 bottle connected to a valve connected to a T-joint. The t-joint would break off into a valve and collection box on one side and the other will be the pressure vessel. The idea is to cram some plant material in a pressure vessel, open the tank and allow the pressure vessel to get up to roughly 3000 PSI before closing the valve. You could use a pelter junction to heat the pressure vessel up to 50C/122F for about 5 minutes. Then open the second valve, which is attached to the stainless steel, vented, collection box. The co2 will expand to a gas in the collection box and go out the vents. When the co2 expands, the oils will dissolve out.

There are some risks involved with increasing PSI to 3000, so ensure the pressure vessel can take that much pressure. CO2 isn't the only compound that has supercritical properties. I believe propane is supercritical at only about 120PSI. You can probably find a lot of the stuff needed to build one of these here: http://www.metalsdepot.com/ The other stuff can be found at paintball supply shops and you may need to get something lathed or milled to complete the project. This is something i may mess around with in 2010, and if so, fullmeltbubble.com will get my writeup first.

Beer
01-13-2010, 07:17 PM
Someone posted a link to an animation of one of those, it's pretty badass.

http://www.edenlabs.org/supercritical_extraction.html

From that website:

Propane- There is a little known school of thought in the natural products industry which believes that propane is the ultimate solvent for extracting botanicals. Eden Labs has tested this theory thoroughly and we have come to the conclusion that there is something to it. Although propane cannot be as widely manipulated through temp. and pressure as CO2, it produces very similar results, sometimes better. It has an amazingly small loading ratio 1-4 volumes and it can be recovered quickly. This means much faster production times. It leaves no toxic residues and it is an all natural, organic solvent. The material data safety sheet, MSDS, says it is harmless except for the fact that is flammable. Because it works at relatively low pressures, 80-150 psi, the technology costs much less than a full supercritical CO2 system and can be very competitive in terms of quality and speed of production. The downsides to propane is that it is highly flammable so precautions such as sparkless rooms with powerful ventilation are a must. The fact that is is not widely understood or accepted can also be an issue.

Butane/IsoButane- In some cases where propane doesn't do the job, butane works better. It has all the pros and cons of propane and requires identical equipment for utilization.

fullmeltbubble
01-13-2010, 07:28 PM
in a lab with very expensive equipment...butane is a pretty good solvent...most cats are using a glass tube and water to purge.....eden labs is a fully function chemistry lab, with all the high tech equipment

hashcat
01-13-2010, 07:38 PM
thank you beer for spreading some good info.

if anyone would like to bring up some links regarding the negative effects of butane/propane, that would be great too

ive been researching like a mad man.

from what ive gathered:

the propane in butane evaporates at or below the temperature required to purge BHO

in order for any butane or propane to "attach" themselves to cannabinoid molecules, an actual chemical reaction would have to take place, which is not possible given the chemicals at hand!

id like to thank everyone who has been constructive so far, both for AND against bho

but id like to see some more HARD FACTS against butane

Bubbleman
01-13-2010, 07:44 PM
Well here is a hardfact... botton line..
BUTANE GIVES CANNABIS A BAD NAME...

hard fact 1: people blow up and live with horrible scars for the rest of their lives..

Hard fact 2: it is a chemical solvent and thus cause's health problems in people who are exposed to it over long periods of time.

hard fact 3 : the contaminant in butane that is put in for odour ( the law says you need it if you want to transport it ) is a deadly accumulative that affects the central nervous system.. ethyle mercapetin...

now go google yourself crazy.... and if not of that does it for you... try taking a small dose of psychedelics and sitting with some cannabis and some water and some ice.. and some dry sift screens.. and some butane... and see how they make you feel deep down inside while your tripping... you'll see the vibes coming off the tane.. or NOT IRIE>..

my two cents..

Bubble man

sibannac
01-13-2010, 07:59 PM
Those sure sound great but that's lab grade butane or propane not the stuff you run in your bbq or buy to use in a lighter. You gotta remember the butane people use to make BHO is not made for making a smokeable extract it's made to fuel lighters. like B-man said legally they have to have Mercaptan in it to ship or sell to the public. Thats why it never says 100% pure butane on the can it will say 5X or 6X refined.

And that mercaptan shit is deadly. just look.
http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/search/r?dbs+hsdb:@term+@na+Methanethiol

ALL INVESTIGATORS AGREE ... THAT METHYL MERCAPTAN ACTS, LIKE HYDROGEN SULFIDE, ON THE RESPIRATORY CENTER PRODUCING DEATH BY RESPIRATORY PARALYSIS. AT LOWER, LESS ACUTE CONCN METHYL MERCAPTAN, LIKE ITS HOMOLOGUES AND HYDROGEN SULFIDE, PRODUCES PULMONARY EDEMA. A DEATH ATTRIBUTED TO INHALATION OF METHYL MERCAPTAN WAS DESCRIBED ... A WORKER HANDLING TANKS USED FOR HOLDING METHYL MERCAPTAN WAS HOSPITALIZED BECAUSE OF COMA. ACUTE HEMOLYTIC ANEMIA AND METHEMOGLOBINEMIA DEVELOPED.

hashcat
01-13-2010, 08:10 PM
according to http://www.arkema-inc.com/msds/999.pdf

ethyl mercaptan has a normal evaporation rate, boils at 35c(95f) which is below the temp we purge at. and is also 100% volatile which mean every last bit of it has the ability to be vaporized/evaporated

i would be more worried about inhaling mercaptan during the actual extraction process, rather than while smoking.

sibannac
01-13-2010, 08:36 PM
i would be more worried about inhaling mercaptan during the actual extraction process, rather than while smoking.

Ya me too but I still need to see hard facts sayin that shit aint in a properly purged batch of BHO. thats just me. I'm not sayin it couldn't be but I ain't heard of any test done to prove or dis prove this topic. It will probably go on for a while before it gets tested. What confuses me is cannabis and it's extracts are legal to use here in canada and some states in the US but no one has had BHO tested for impurities. If clubs send their stuff out to have THC tests then why not a purity test too? And THC tests arnt always accurate too but thats another topic.

fullmeltbubble
01-13-2010, 08:40 PM
i'm telling you i've seen results from bho tested in a g/c...i said the highest thc percentage i saw was 89%....which the club then deemed "clean" my question to them was whats in the other 11%....

hashcat
01-13-2010, 08:41 PM
well if FMB is actually down to pay. i am down to submit a sample!! i too, have NEVER seen a proper scientific analysis of BHO. and would love to see it.

from what ive seen, mercaptan has no reason NOT to evaporate from the oil during a purge

hashcat
01-13-2010, 08:44 PM
i'm telling you i've seen results from bho tested in a g/c...i said the highest thc percentage i saw was 89%....which the club then deemed "clean" my question to them was whats in the other 11%....

can they not test for whats in the other 11%??

again i am in NO WAY trying to bash bubble bags here.

I LOVE bubble bags and in fact like full melt bubble hash better than bho any day of the week.
I am only here to stop rumors. The only thing I am promoting about bho is its benefits in personal sized batches....you just cant make bubble with 7grams and get a happy result.....

bubble on

sibannac
01-13-2010, 08:45 PM
Ya well that dont sound good to me I forgot you said that. Ya what was that 11%. And by g/c you mean a Gas chromatography? Have you ever seen test done in a mass spectrometry? Just woundering.

I wanna see your test you purpose to do. Come on Hash Cat put your money where your mouth is. [oh wait you are gonna lol[edit]]

fullmeltbubble
01-13-2010, 09:01 PM
ok hash let me know when your ready....we'll post the results right here...no altering....give a sample(doesn't need to be a lot) micrograms....this should be educational at the least

hashcat
01-13-2010, 09:11 PM
thats what im saying, educational in the least.

i mean, if the results are along the lines of what you guys are saying, i forsee my future BHO consumption going way down...lol ... i would like to know

how big a sample do you need? hit me up if your ever coming to the city....ill have something for ya

sibannac
01-13-2010, 09:46 PM
Hey hash if it shows its clean and has no mercaptan or crap like that, I'll eat my words for sure. And your have to show how you do it, cause if it's clean then i might take bho back up. lol.

jBUCKS420
01-14-2010, 02:49 AM
Ya me too but I still need to see hard facts sayin that shit aint in a properly purged batch of BHO.

according to http://www.arkema-inc.com/msds/999.pdf

ethyl mercaptan has a normal evaporation rate, boils at 35c(95f) which is below the temp we purge at. and is also 100% volatile which mean every last bit of it has the ability to be vaporized/evaporated

THere it is...
...and the reason that a tested piece of BHO would not result in 100% THC is because there are other extracted essential oils called terpenes (n. a chemical that gives a plant its taste or smell) that get pulled out of the herb. That is why oil tastes and smells exactly like the herb it was made from. Pure trichome heads get you really fucked up and have a unique taste, it won't have an overall taste identical to the herb it was harvested from.

Hydrophilic
01-14-2010, 03:00 AM
Can't wait for results. Too bad it won't be as fast as the tests in CSI

jBUCKS420
01-14-2010, 03:02 AM
Great show

fullmeltbubble
01-14-2010, 03:14 AM
whenever your ready hashcat i'll pay for the oil they want more than i thought here's the email I got

If you would like to have your medicine tested please bring $100 and two grams (that you will not get back) to our facility Tues-Thurs 11am-2:45pm.

jBUCKS420
01-14-2010, 03:19 AM
sounds fishy

Green Supreme
01-14-2010, 03:27 AM
jBUCKS in your pro opinion how much should they need? Peace GS

jBUCKS420
01-14-2010, 03:28 AM
Whats the name of this company doing the testing?

jBUCKS420
01-14-2010, 03:30 AM
ok hash let me know when your ready....we'll post the results right here...no altering....give a sample(doesn't need to be a lot) MICROGRAMS....this should be educational at the least
where did you get this info?

fullmeltbubble
01-14-2010, 03:37 AM
jbucks you caught me....i'm totally trying to steal his oil....straight up sherlock holmes...the lab is Anayltical Labatory research...harborside uses them...

Slick57
01-14-2010, 03:39 AM
will this test only indicate the thc % in the oil? or will it determine the entirety of the sample

fullmeltbubble
01-14-2010, 03:45 AM
the test will reveal everything thats within the sample molds fungi, mercaptins, butane, terps, cbd, cbn, thc, veg matter, dust, etc etc...

sibannac
01-14-2010, 04:19 AM
:sick1:
sounds fishy

Ya i'm sure the admin wants to steal 2 grams of oil from the guy. Especially when he's been saying oil is bad for you and he don't smoke it. Too funny.

I hope this test goes down might finally settle this whole issue thats been going on for years.

carlitos
01-14-2010, 04:44 AM
wow jbucks... man you seem to stir up trouble in all threads dud do you just comment when something pops in your head man whats with attacking the admin

Snipo
01-14-2010, 05:35 AM
I can't wait to see the tests results.
any idea how long it will take back to get the results?

BigManNew
01-14-2010, 05:53 AM
What will be included in the test?

the645project
01-14-2010, 07:12 AM
the test will reveal everything thats within the sample molds fungi, mercaptins, butane, terps, cbd, cbn, thc, veg matter, dust, etc etc...

^^^^ 10char

jBUCKS420
01-14-2010, 02:17 PM
I just feel that it would be more wise to entrust testing like this to someone who smokes both bubble and bho (unbiased) as opposed to someone who is a firm supporter of bubble AND a violent opponent to BHO use (extremely biased). I mean he went from MICROGRAMS to 2 grams. How? Im just under the impression (as are many many others) that this BHO bashing is propaganda created by the bubble bag crew. I mean why would they want you to make BHO and NOT BUBBLE. Why would they want ANYONE to make BHO? They don't stand to profit from people making BHO and they see those people as people that could be spending money on their products. Its just a thought, Im not saying its fact.

jBUCKS420
01-14-2010, 02:19 PM
http://www.arlok.com/ hey fmb is it this place? cuz this website doesn't work. Got any further info on the company? a location or number?

Evergreen
01-14-2010, 04:16 PM
I am going to contact Harborside and see if they test stuff for the public.

sibannac
01-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Man Jbuck you need to lay of what ever your smokin. talk about paranoid. It only take a very small amount to do the actual test, maybe the testing company needs a certain amount so they can select the best piece to use for a sample. Or they test it more then once to make sure it's accurate not just test alil piece once then say here ya go here's your test.

Hey Jbucks, FMB offered to pay for the test. Are you gonna pay for it? If not then back off. Did you think he may want to see just like everyone else. Cause people will still buy bubblebags weither BHO is clean or not, because some people prefer bubblehash because it uses no solvent. It's just better karma.

Oh ya that site works too http://www.arlok.com/

Slick57
01-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Are you gonna pay for it? If not then back off. Did you think he may want to see just like everyone else.

I certainly hope that everyone here talking shit about bho already has their own solid evidence, otherwise it might be pretty embarrassing to completely bash something you know nothing about and find out otherwise.

luckily, there aren't many people talking shit about bubble.

sibannac
01-14-2010, 05:37 PM
And heres there contact info too. They must be scammers.lol

To Contact Us:
Analytical Research Laboratories
840 Research Parkway, Ste. 546
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Toll Free: (800) 393-1595
Phone: (405) 271-1144
Fax: (405) 271-1174
E-mail: [email protected] (http://www.arlok.com/aboutus_contactus.asp)

Analytical Research Laboratories(ARL) and its sister company, DNA Solutions, Inc. are located on the Presbyterian Health Foundation Campus in Oklahoma City, occupying approximately 10,000 square feet of state of the art laboratory and support space. ARL is a dynamic contract research organization providing high quality analytical work and problem solving to the pharmaceutical industry. This commitment is supported by the implementation of ISO 9001 compliance, and FDA as well as DEA registrations. ARL services routinely include assay for pharmaceutical ingredients, stability studies, and full compendial testing. ARL is well equipped with state of the art instrumentation, including High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), HPLC-Tandem Mass Spectrometry (HPLC/MS/MS), Gas Chromatography (GC), Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS), high resolution Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscropy (FT-IR), Ion Chromatography and Environmental Chambers. The Microbiology laboratory provides full US Pharmacopeia (USP) compendial testing for medical devices and pharmaceuticals.

DNRDustin
01-14-2010, 07:03 PM
evergreen - harborside does do testing for the public. i think it costs 75 bux.
jbucks - for one it is extremely difficult(some would say impossible) to purge the extract of chemicals. in my opinion because its a solvent extract, the chemical bond with the good stuff will definitely leave residue. that being said. purging techniques require just the right amount of heat. *ie **BOOM**. i myself, and many friends, have started gnarly ass fires doing it. luckily, know body i know has been hurt. so if i have 10lb's of trim to run, ice water extraction is the way to go. its cheaper, healthier, and way safer! not to mention, having large amounts of bho sitting around purging is sketchy to say the least. but for the sake of argument. run an ounce through your bags, and run an ounce of bho. set your dish outside on a warm(70-75') breezy day. smoke your bho for a week. notice how your lungs, body, head feel. now smoke bubble for a week. notice the difference.

also, if it was really about money, dont you think they(the headies @ bubblebag) would provide extraction units. i mean there's diagrams and instruction all over the place with step by step instruction from start to finish. it would not be hard for them to produce and make a profit off it. they could probably even say "our unit is the only one out that completely purges your solvent". and the general public would probably believe them. but they dont, do they! those money grubbing whores! hahahahahahaha

toalex
01-14-2010, 07:39 PM
I just feel that it would be more wise to entrust testing like this to someone who smokes both bubble and bho (unbiased) as opposed to someone who is a firm supporter of bubble AND a violent opponent to BHO use (extremely biased). I mean he went from MICROGRAMS to 2 grams. How? Im just under the impression (as are many many others) that this BHO bashing is propaganda created by the bubble bag crew. I mean why would they want you to make BHO and NOT BUBBLE. Why would they want ANYONE to make BHO? They don't stand to profit from people making BHO and they see those people as people that could be spending money on their products. Its just a thought, Im not saying its fact.
-_________-
http://conspiracylol.com/images/conspiracy.jpg

fullmeltbubble
01-14-2010, 08:48 PM
jbucks for crying out loud man....seriously go huff some oil and chill out bro...

GratefulPhish
01-14-2010, 09:04 PM
lol he thinks you are gonna like fake the results.

like someone else said jbucks, if you dont like it that way then are you gonna pay for it?

jBUCKS420
01-14-2010, 10:50 PM
Actually they didn't offer to pay for it. They asked hashcat for 2 grams and a hundred dollars. and for the record, this is the ONLY PLACE (internet or otherwise) that ive EVER heard negative talk about BHO. go fig.

fullmeltbubble
01-14-2010, 11:08 PM
you see what you want to see...you got two good eyes but you still don't see...just to be clear...I'LL PAY FOR THE OIL THE TEST AND HIS TIME...I'LL WALK HIS DOG, DO HIS LAUNDRY and COOK...

fullmeltbubble
01-14-2010, 11:10 PM
there's no they either brother...its me I'm gonna pay for it outta my pocket, i'm gonna buy a product i'd never use, pay for a test i've allready seen the results of....like i said relax.....seriously....your not adding anything to this conversation...if your not adding.....????

Slick57
01-14-2010, 11:48 PM
you said there was ~11% containing non-thc. what was the composition of the that? was it high-grade gold shatter oil being tested?

Come gather 'round people
Wherever you roam
And admit that the waters
Around you have grown
And accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone.
If your time to you
Is worth savin'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a-changin'.

Evergreen
01-15-2010, 01:49 AM
Just got off the phone with harborside in Oakland, I am getting some oil from a friend and tkaing in a sample this week maybe even tomorrow if I can, it's only $100. Game on.

jBUCKS420
01-15-2010, 02:10 AM
is your friend going to produce the oil the way its supposed to be produced? or are you going to submit some underpurged oil on purpose? pics at least?

Green Supreme
01-15-2010, 02:26 AM
jBUCKS or the Slick57 should be the ones to donate the oil. I am sure it will only be of the purest quality then. I mean they are the skeptics right? Pot up or shut up. Peace GS

Slick57
01-15-2010, 02:36 AM
I am skeptical of all the claims. You must not actually read the posts.

I just haven't heard any proof regarding the rest of the % of oil that isn't thc. there are obviously other things besides thc such as aromatic compounds

jBUCKS420
01-15-2010, 02:41 AM
my oil looks like your avatar!

fullmeltbubble
01-15-2010, 03:03 AM
are you a cali med patient jbucks?

jBUCKS420
01-15-2010, 03:05 AM
naw fuck that, I get mine the old fashion way. I sit with old men among plants and puff herb with them and talk about life until they allow me to buy some and leave.

fullmeltbubble
01-15-2010, 03:09 AM
the old fashioned way would be to make it...you know i've been reading your posts at your really an agro poster man....you seem to enjoy throwing out negative comments in a multiude of threads....it seems like you don't like a thing about this site, so i just wonder why you continually post....

jBUCKS420
01-15-2010, 03:25 AM
I love full melt bubble, the site and the hash. Im just trying to find truth in the claims that I see regarding BHO. I fully understand from a business perspective why you wouldn't endorse oil because you can't make it with bubblebags. But you all are flat out saying that the stuff KILLS PEOPLE, that people DIE FROM CONSUMING OIL, and claims of that severity warrant conclusive evidence. There are people elsewhere that have smoked oil daily for 7+ years, with no harmful effects detected. If you care so much as to FORBID talk about the stuff because of how dangerous it is, why aren't you on the other forums preaching this 'truth'(its not even a theory to you people anymore) to the thousands upon thousands of people who consume oil? thats all I'm saying. and as far as the other thread, there was a moderator trying to release personal info about me on a thread and I realized it and called attention to it. Thats all.

Evergreen
01-15-2010, 03:43 AM
what mod was releasing info about you???

Evergreen
01-15-2010, 03:46 AM
hope you are not talking about me and calling you Joseph P. Because I was kidding around regarding the recent and extremely bitter article written in Treating Yourself by Mr Pietri called "Ice Wars"

Evergreen
01-15-2010, 03:48 AM
But you all are flat out saying that the stuff KILLS PEOPLE, that people DIE FROM CONSUMING OIL
I have NEVER stated that, get you facts straight and stop putting words in peoples mouth.

fullmeltbubble
01-15-2010, 04:29 AM
are you saying that your joesph pietri....?

fullmeltbubble
01-15-2010, 04:30 AM
and just to be clear the only person tied to bubblebags is the creator of them bubbleman...I have zero stake in the bags...only than being a satisfied customer since 00

sibannac
01-15-2010, 05:17 AM
Ya Jbucks either make some BHO put it up for testing or back the F*ck off man. You don't even read the posts do you? He said clearly he'd pay for it.

Ya Fullmeltbubble is tryin to rip people off, he wants 2 meisly grams of oil and a $100 bucks. I should of thought of this scam first damn. lmao

toalex
01-15-2010, 07:48 AM
There are people elsewhere that have smoked oil daily for 7+ years, with no harmful effects detected.

I bet they all look and act like normal people to huh :pipe:

Evergreen
01-15-2010, 08:10 AM
is your friend going to produce the oil the way its supposed to be produced? or are you going to submit some underpurged oil on purpose? pics at least?
well of course he is going to do it correctly you jerk. why would I waste my time and money and screw with the results?? if I wanted some rookie to make me some BHO, I would ask you, oh wait, you don't know anything about BHO or bubble. . . you just read forums and stir shit up.

Do us all a favor and tell us, why are you on here?? do you like being a fucking asshole year round?? you have some serious problems and I feel sorry that you have so much anger and all you have to say is negative shit. It would be one thing if you had something intelligent to say, but you never have and probably never will. You have a lot of anger and I wish you nothing but luck in finding yourself and happiness. But please stay off of here if all you have to say is negative garbage.
Because you look like the biggest jerk ever right now. . . . . .

Justme
01-15-2010, 08:16 AM
i just think of it like this ...

water is cleaner then butane ...

and I have hurt my lungs/throat on BHO, and not on bubble ....

EEbrew
01-15-2010, 08:38 AM
there are some serious haters on this board.

Evergreen
01-15-2010, 08:57 AM
there should be no argument, bubbleheads smoke trichomes processed with water and BHO heads smoke trichomes processed with butane gas, if you like to spray shit down with gas and smoke it thats great. . . ..

ScarletFireGlass
01-15-2010, 10:53 AM
there should be no argument, bubbleheads smoke trichomes processed with water and BHO heads smoke trichomes processed with butane gas, if you like to spray shit down with gas and smoke it thats great. . . ..

Well first of all there is way more in BHO than just trichomes (which makes BHO much more effective and useful). The bud isn't sprayed with gas, liquid butane passes through it. Only problem for you is that ALL the butane evaporates off. Butane's boiling pt is 31* F Above this temp=no butane. Simple chemistry my friend.

Most of you are basing your claims off bho having %89 THC and therefore what the hell could possibly be in that other 11%. Anyone ever stop to realize that THC isn't the only thing we want out of our cannabis? If all you are looking for is THC... man oh man are you missing out.

BHO is much better for using cannabis as medicine. The only cannabinoid ice water hash captures is THC. ONE CANNABINOID out of a lot. No CBDs, No CBNs etc. etc. It is widely believed that the other cannabinoids are more medically effective than THC also.

Ice water hash also leaves out all the essential oils in cannabis. Add this to the fact that BHO captures the other cannabinoids present in cannabis and there really isn't even a comparison in terms of medical efficacy.

So ice water hash has little (if any) real medical use. The reason Marinol is so ineffective is because it only has THC and no other active cannabinoids. Yes, the fact that Marinol is synthetic THC does also play a role, but not much.

If you want to medicate, go with BHO. If you just want to get high, ice water has will certainly do the trick. Keep in mind smoking is not the only way to ingest BHO.

Other than morons blowing themselves up ( and I am all for natural selection), BHO is pretty harmless when made properly. The butane used is the key. Not all butane brands have the same chemical make up. Methyl mercaptan instead of ethyl mercaptan is key. Methyl mercaptan is a naturally occurring substance in our bodies(blood, brain, etc). It is in nuts we eat. It is also present in asparagus and is what gives it its foul smell. Methyl Mercaptan's boiling point is a cool 43 F. Give your BHO an ISO wash as well, if you get real paranoid.

It is so hilarious to see all these people get worked up over stuff they know nothing about. The fruits and vegetables at the super market are sprayed with some pretty nasty pesticides/chemicals. Lastly, I'd love to know how many of you people ranting and raving about the possible negative side effects smoke cigarettes?? I have a feeling we'd see a lot of hypocrites.

Odin's Kaos
01-15-2010, 12:13 PM
I would be more than happy to help with any needed testing materials..

slippeh
01-15-2010, 03:29 PM
If you use a bic lighter at all, you have absolutely no room to talk shit about the butane in BHO. Fact of the matter is BHO really isn't harmful like it is being put out to be on this site. This isn't my opinion, this is hundreds of peoples collective experience's. I understand the desire to put bubble above BHO on this site, but perhaps the way to go about that is to talk about the benefits bubble holds over BHO rather than embellish and use 'scare tactics' about the negatives of BHO

my 2cents:smoke1:

Evergreen
01-15-2010, 04:09 PM
I love it how BHO heads just keep arguing and arguing. If you are ok with smoking something that has been processed with a butane gas, you are fucking nuts.

fullmeltbubble
01-15-2010, 04:11 PM
i'm getting really tired of this thread...name calling making claims that simply aren't true, what more do you want from us? This site is called FULLMELTBUBBLE...in the rules it says NO OIL TALK....but we've allowed this thread(if i closed it, you'd say i was censoring)....show some FREAKING RESPECT to the members of this community...enough is enough....final warning...

Evergreen
01-15-2010, 04:29 PM
yeah fuck BHO, keep this shit off the site. What a waste of time and energy.

socalripper
01-15-2010, 04:56 PM
I have been reading this thread and seeing how it transpired, it is a pretty good argument on both sides, but it is hard to deny that you are blowing butane through a tube and "cooking" off the remainder butane, the must be something not healthy left over but that is up to the user if they wanna make that gamble

the guy jfuck420 is a fucking moron!!! what a dumbass!!! that guy just talks shit and gets people angry, from all of his posts on this forum I can see, they are all super negative and he only lives to piss people off
YOU ARE A FUCKING MORON JFUCK420, you have no real knowledge of anything it seems like and you just cause problems and make people mad.
WHY DONT YOU DO EVERYBODY A FAVOR AND GO GET FUCKED YOU FUCKING STUPID FUCK AND LET THE GROWN FOLKS TALK ABOUT GROWN FOLKS SHIT, YOU FUCKING MORON!
SOUND LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN CHOKED THE FUCK OUT BY SOMEONE AND SEEMS LIKE IT WOULD DO A WORLD OF GOOD. (we can arrange that)
WHY DONT YOU POST SOME PICS OF YOUR OIL BRO?WHY DONT YOU POST A PIC OF YOUR PLANTS? WHY DONT YOU POST A PIC OF YOUR BUBBLE? WHY DONT YOU POST A PIC OF YOU BITCH ASS FACE, SO WE CAN ALL SEE WHAT THE FORUMS BIGGEST BITCH LOOKS LIKE???

YOU ARE THE FUCKING SCUM OF THE ONLINE FORUMS, DO EVERYBODY A FAVOR AND GO TO A REMOTE LOCATION AND DIG A HOLE AND LIVE IN THERE FOR THE REST OF YOUR SAD LIFE. I CAN HELP YOU GET THE NET ON A SATTELITE

YOU SHOULD START YOUR OWN FORUM CALLED FULLMELTDUMBFUCKMORONWHOWILLNEVERGETIT.COM, IT WOULD BE A HIT! AND ALL OF THE NEGATIVE PATHETIC MORONS CAN CONGREGATE THERE???

THIS PLACE WOULD BE A LOT BETTER IF YOU TOOK YOUR SLIMEY,SORRY,NEGATIVE ATTITUDE AND PACK IT UP IN THE BAG OF NEGATIVE SHIT THAT YOU CALL YOUR LIFE AND CATCH THE NEXT TRAIN TO ASSHOLEVILLE, IT IS THE STOP RIGHT AFTER ILLNEVERGETITVILLE BUT DONT MISS YOUR STOP OR YOU WILL BE DROPPED OFF AT A TOWN CALLED FUCKHEADVILLE, OH WAIT. . . . YOU ARE ALREADY THERE.

SO SOME ON GIVE THE BEST HECKLE YOU GOT, CAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE RUNNING OUT.

STOP TAKING BONGRIPPS OF STUPID.
BUT HEY, I WOULD BE TAKING BONGRIPPS OF STUPID IF IT WAS THAT I PRODUCED. . . . . . .

I WOULD BE GLAD TO SEE WHAT OIL YOU MAKE

peachesoncrack
01-15-2010, 05:15 PM
jesus there is so much hate here, we should all be united and discussing not arguing. next thing you know heads start killing heads and then the government gets exactly what they want

Slick57
01-15-2010, 05:30 PM
i'm getting really tired of this thread...name calling making claims that simply aren't true, what more do you want from us? This site is called FULLMELTBUBBLE...in the rules it says NO OIL TALK....but we've allowed this thread(if i closed it, you'd say i was censoring)....show some FREAKING RESPECT to the members of this community...enough is enough....final warning...

yeah fuck BHO, keep this shit off the site. What a waste of time and energy.

oh the ironing.

and ^^ nice first post to the guy who wrote in all caps. Lol

Green Supreme
01-15-2010, 05:34 PM
Again I say put up or shut up. Talks cheap. Just that easy. Peace GS

Evergreen
01-15-2010, 05:44 PM
socalripper!!!!!!!!! comin in swingin', huh bro?. . . . . . .

Jbeezy:I am going to my friends and getting some of the best made BHO around cali, he has been doing BHO extraction for 10 years and def. knows what up, ill even post pics of the oil before I bring it in. Jbeezy why, when I am trying to do something must you be so negative sir?? I would not even waste my time if i were going to have my boy leave in butane?? if i were to do that then, I would just bring in a sample of butane gas and have them test that, then I would come on here saying it was 100% butane.

I know that you do not like me nor do you trust me, but if you met me you would trust me a hundred percent, i am a really fuckin likeable guy and very trustworthy. should I even go out of my way and do this?? because I have a lot better things to do than drive to pick up some oil then drive 1.5 hours to oakland to get it tested.

I'm sure you will have a heckle for this but:

I am a cannabis journalist, I do not lie, I do not manipulate any of my data. I have been smoking marijuana for over 15 years and and I was one of the first med patients in cali under 18 ( I have had my med card since the end of 96') When I write shit I do my research and I do not put words in other peoples mouth.
I'm sure that you think that SKUNK magazine is some fucking garbage or whatnot but it took me a really long time to get to where I am at in the cannabuisness, I have been searching for the finest cannabis and bubble on the planet for the last ten years, I have grown over 150 strains looking for that special shit. I have written all of the magazines for years, wrote ed rosenthal hundreds of times with no answer, waited in lines to meet him and ask him q's, just to get heckled. I grow some of the finest organic cannabis around here and i'll put that on everything I own.
you always sya that we are just here to sell bubblebags for bubbleman, and to a certian extent that is true, it is just like snowboarding to me, if I use a product that I find of the highest quality then of course I am going to tell people I know what a great product. My friends fucking LOVE Lib tech snowboards and they are always telling people to buy them when someone is getting a new board, I tellpeople to buy Area 241 gear if they are going to get new outerwear becasue it is hands down the finest gear on the planet. So am I a dick becasue I want friends making good investments???? no I just want people to have a good product.
I am a huge supporter of quality products, when I started maing bubble in 2000 I wrote and called everybody that made a bubble product, at that time it was Mila from Iceolator, the guy with the XTR420 form cali and bubbleman. After numerous emails and calls (when I could find a number) wiht questuions about the product and whatnot.
not one of these people ever gave me the fucking time of day and I even had hundreds of dollars in my pocket ready to spend, except for bubleman. he didnt even know who I was when we met on breedbay but he answered every question I had about drying, processing, everything he prettymuch told me all of what he had learned up until that point, which is pretty rare in the cannabis industry, most people never divulge their info on how they grow, or do concentrates in this industry. Bubbleman took me under his wing shall we say and really helped me understand the cannabis industry, he never said negative things about anyone, he lets people do their thing and live their life. I still have my original bags that i purchased back in the day and they are still in great condition.

Anytime I ever had a problem with a workbag, which was only once when the Bubblenow machine came out, I somehow made a cut in the workbag for the machine by having too much water in the unit and the bag was rubbing on the lid resulting in a hole, he sent me a new bag no questions asked. that is why I stand behind this product and this man, he is one of the nicest, coolest cats I have ever met, he makes a very high quality product and has been working for a long time getting to know bubble and he just turned around and divulged all his info on making good fullmelt. He saw a market which was relatively new when he cam out with bags and set the bar real high for product quality and customer service.

Am I a dick because I am behind a quality product??? I don't think so, the proof is in the pudding, I dont need to say anything about bubblebags because they sell themselves just fine, you know what sells bubblebags?? FULLMELT. that is why I started making bubble and that is why people buy bubblebags, plain and simple. I got cool guyed by all the companies until the day I met Bman and finally someone treated like a human and not a customer.

So you may not respect me as a journalist and not have any respect to the fact that I have worked very hard to get my shit published and help people get growing all over the world, you probably don't even read magazines and think that all people that write for magazines are only there to sell their friends. I went form reading weed magazines and feeling like I had a place in there to actually being published and having people all over the world read my point of views.
I would not have gotten to where I am without the help of bubbleman, he is one of the nicest, coolest, down to earth cats around here. Do you not have any friends that run a buisness or make a product that you see high quality??? because if you do, chances are you support that product and tell people how good it is.

maybe im totally off base here, I know i am rambling and whatnot, you most likely won't even read this. and could give a fuck what I think. . . . . . . . . .

Evergreen
01-15-2010, 05:52 PM
so I am pretty sure I just look like an asshole on her arguing and heckling, I'm done.
I am going back to what I do best, posting pics of my trees and my bubble, I'm over arguing about BHO, but I am still going to get it tested wether or not people believe I'm manipulating the test results, I don't give a fuck and I have nothing to hide, I just want people to be healthy and happy :) and enjoy the purest organic smoke.
so saygoodbye salty evergreen, it is snowboard season, I just got my indoor going again and bags full of bubble and headphones full of good reggae tunes.

stay tuned for my posts. . . . . . .
UK Cheese
Chem 4 its on. . . . . . . . .

Slick57
01-15-2010, 05:52 PM
ok, you seem to have legitimate experience, and I'm sure that your or fmb's test would solve plenty, but your passage there is all about bubblebags.

BHO discussion has nothing to do with undermining bubbleman's life work, it is completely unrelated. Supporting the product because you like it, and bashing the other alternatives are two different things.

all these people keep saying bho contains butane residual, but how do they know?
what exactly is contained in the 11% oil that isn't thc? (it just caaan't be cbd, cbn, and other aroma compounds)

Evergreen
01-15-2010, 06:11 PM
i dont know, that why i want to get it tested

Evergreen
01-15-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm not saying that BHO discussion is undermining Bman, i'm just saying why I stand behind the product. done.

f0urtwenty
01-15-2010, 06:15 PM
This site is an ice water extraction site. That's all we talked about on here in 2007-2008. A couple glass threads, a couple grow journals, but 90% ice water extraction. When the glass market started in 09 a whole new slew of users joined. At any given time there would be 30 users in the glass market and maybe 3 others users in all of the other forums. If i spoke about FMB on another site, i was told to keep quiet, because of the secret glass market.

That is not the purpose of fullmeltbubble.com.

If you wonder why the regulars talk about bubble, don't talk about oil and vehemently defend their positions, it is because that is what the site is for. Godaddy says fullmeltoil.com is still available for $11/year.

ScarletFireGlass
01-15-2010, 06:16 PM
If I somehow pissed off or offended anyone by my post, not really sure how that could happen but, I apologize. I didn't call anyone names or make personal attacks. Simply put down some facts.... yet no one seems to respond to the facts. Everyone just says "Fuck BHO. Yah! Yeah! Fuck BHO man!! rabble rabble rabble, Respect the site" It is not disrespectful to debate a topic. Just ban the fuckers making personal attacks etc etc. No place for that.

Until someone can actually respond to the facts given and not just rant and rave, it really makes the case you're trying to present very weak.

If someone wants to respond to my post or tell me how what I said was wrong (without telling me to fuck myself or anything like that), I'd be delighted to see it. I am not saying I am some oracle with all the answers. But, I will stand behind my post on the previous page until someone can discredit what I posted.

Slick57
01-15-2010, 06:18 PM
does that render glass, cannabis, other hashes, to be unfit for discussion?

if you want the site to be one-track and literally only discuss fullmelt bubble, then all the things listed above should be deemed unfit for discussion like BHO is.

there is a forum for LSD discussion, but BHO is too harmful for this forum.

Hydrophilic
01-15-2010, 06:26 PM
If I somehow pissed off or offended anyone by my post, not really sure how that could happen but, I apologize. I didn't call anyone names or make personal attacks. Simply put down some facts.... yet no one seems to respond to the facts. Everyone just says "Fuck BHO. Yah! Yeah! Fuck BHO man!! rabble rabble rabble, Respect the site" It is not disrespectful to debate a topic. Just ban the fuckers making personal attacks etc etc. No place for that.

Until someone can actually respond to the facts given and not just rant and rave, it really makes the case you're trying to present very weak.

If someone wants to respond to my post or tell me how what I said was wrong (without telling me to fuck myself or anything like that), I'd be delighted to see it. I am not saying I am some oracle with all the answers. But, I will stand behind my post on the previous page until someone can discredit what I posted.

Word man. This thread should just be locked until somebody has legitimate results of a test being done.

lepstadder
01-15-2010, 06:33 PM
I totally agree with liquiddreams.

This site has deteriorated into a bickering hole full of assholes trying to piss out of it.

State facts and tactful opinions.

dont be a dick.

Again i will post this info, if only to play devils advocate

SECTION II- Summary of Hazards & Composition

SUBSTANCE: Butane Percent: 60.00
CAS#: 106-87-8 Synonyms: n-Butane, Tetrane

SUBSTANCE: iso-Butane Percent: 29.00
CAS#: 75-28-5 Synonyms: 2-Methylpropane, Trlmethylethane

SUBSTANCE: Propane Percent: 11.00
CAS#: 75-98-6 Synonyms: LPG, Dimethylmethane, Propylhydride

No mercaptins, and nothing that will not evap off.

Also like i have said before, many herbal supplements companies use solvents to make their pills.

So...

lepstadder
01-15-2010, 06:34 PM
from vector msds

Slick57
01-15-2010, 06:40 PM
butane is utilized in the food industry immensely

BUTANE-1,3-DIOL

Explanation

This compound has been evaluated for acceptable daily intake by
the Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives

Bubbleman
01-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Butane is a nasty chemical solvent.. botton line.. if you read Hulda clarke's book CURE FOR ALL CANCERS... she puts solvents like butane and iso at the top of her causing cancer list.. She has a really great theory on the entire process of getting a terminal disease.
I would look into these book if you want to discredit some of your statements.. for instance.. butane is the best way to produce medicine..... This statement could not be more wrong ... something you will see more clearly once you've read hulda's book.

You can talk about butane oil and how much you love it all day long.. but botton line.. you are not going to convince anyone here of what your saying is legit.
We KNOW...
the majority of people making butane oil these days.. are people that dont have access to true FULLMELT hash.. wether wet washed ( using one of the 50 types of water hash bags on the market) or dry sifted... either way most people can only make the FAUXMELT.. ie butane oil.
You've got kids doing it in their parents home ( bad bad bad ) and giving cannabis the worst name its ever seen in the history of the propoganda against it.
I swear if i didnt personaly know the guy who first released the method online.. i would think it was the DEA... what better way to convince judges that cannabis is bad.
Show them a bunch of idiots blowing themselves up... ( not even taking into account the adverse health affects that they will be surely feeling eventualy.
Botton line we here at fullmeltbubble aren't saying you can't smoke butane oil... we are just asking that the we don't PROMOTE IT HERE...
it has zero to do with my sales i can assure you. My sales are fine.
I am more worried about one of my members learning half assed information and then either blowing himself up... or causing ill affects to him/her self or others.
I love the vibes cannabis give me... and i just gotta say.. with zero science behind this last statement... i've said it before and i'll say it again

Butane gives canabis a BAD NAME.....

My two cents

Bubble man

Bubbleman
01-15-2010, 06:52 PM
also you guys should know that there are dozens of names that ethyle mercapetin goes under.....

here is something i found on wikipedia on methyle mercapetin..

The United States material safety data sheet (MSDS) lists methanethiol as a colorless, flammable gas with an extremely strong and repulsive smell. At very high concentrations ( this can happen thru accumulative response)it is highly toxic and affects the central nervous system. Its penetrating odor provides warning at dangerous concentrations. An odor threshold of 0.002 ppm has been reported. The United States OSHA Permissible Exposure Limit is listed as 10 ppm.

10 parts per million .. anything higher than that.. and your looking at A HIGHLY TOXIC SUBSTANCE..

i will say this much... doesnt seem like many of us are PHD holding chemists.. of this we can agree on...
So for me im going to stick with my water and ice.. and what i know...
for the rest of you... i pray for your safety and your health... be smart...and be careful of who you turn on... i know its easy to call someone an idiot after they have blown up....
but it really doent help you feel better about your involvement.. and it certainly doesnt take away the life long scars...

Bubble man

Slick57
01-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Did I read wrong, or this author listed Iso-alcohol as a top cancer-causing substance?

Why should I listen to her, is more important. I'm just like any other university student, I want to see medical facts. There are lots of burned people, but don't discredit the health of the product just because people blow themselves up. All we want to see is proof of adverse health risk.

sibannac
01-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Wow never quit eh, just beat that horse. Ya I'll stick with my bubblehash and Drysift. it's just better karma.

Slick57
01-15-2010, 07:08 PM
lol go ahead and do whatever he tells you... When I get sick from my bho I'll acknowledge the risk. Whoever doesn't get cancer will have the last laugh I guess :sick1:

sibannac
01-15-2010, 07:16 PM
lol go ahead and do whatever he tells you... When I get sick from my bho I'll acknowledge the risk. Whoever doesn't get cancer will have the last laugh I guess :sick1:

Ya and if B-man tells use bubbleheads to jump of a bridge we would too. Man grow up. Maybe we don't want to put crap that has been extracted with chemicals into are body, weither it's clean or not.

I deal with solvents and chemicals that would make your eyes roll back into your head, so maybe I want to smoke something that uses water and gravity, not chemicals dissolving trichome heads.

ScarletFireGlass
01-15-2010, 07:26 PM
so.... anyone want to actually respond to the post I made saying that, among many other things, BHO is much more medicinally effective than ice water hash?

Ice water hash only has THC.... why would you want to miss out on all the other cannabinoids and essential oils in Marijuana? If some of you guys are actually in this for the medical stuff and not just getting high (not that there is anything wrong with recreational mj use), you'd know that THC plays but a small part in the medicinal efficacy of marijuana.

Cheers.

Green Supreme
01-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Respect Bubs. Thanks for your patience. Peace GS

Slick57
01-15-2010, 07:30 PM
Maybe we don't want to put crap that has been extracted with chemicals into are body, weither it's clean or not.
this pretty much encases the whole argument from this place. I'm done now.

ScarletFireGlass
01-15-2010, 07:33 PM
^ Yeah exactly.

Its like saying, "I dont care about the facts of the matter, I have some bull shit I've made up in my head and that is what I follow." Frightening logic really.

Green Supreme
01-15-2010, 07:34 PM
When bho melts the waxy enclosure of the head it allows all heads to share in the goo.This allows the non mature heads to mix with the mature. When making bubble all the heads are collected in their grouped size. Although more contaminant may be found, you can still use just the mature heads if you wish. Having the heads separated gives a wider range for the effects of the medicine .Each bag giving different effect. Hence better medicine before we even go into the solvents in medicine argument. Peace GS

ps.yay slick is done now , just a few more to go

Green Supreme
01-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Hey Liquid I believe the same could easily be said about the folks on the other side of the argument too. Peace GS

ScarletFireGlass
01-15-2010, 07:39 PM
When making bubble all the heads are collected in their grouped size. Although more contaminant may be found, you can still use jut the mature heads if you wish. Having the heads separated gives a wider range for the effects of the medicine .Each bag giving different effect. Hence better medicine before we even go into the solvents in medicine argument. Peace GS

ps.yay slick is done now , just a few more to go

making bho at different stages of the plants development does the same thing and it still has all the other cannabinoids and essential oils needed for medicinal use.

Marinol only has THC and that is why it is EXTREMELY ineffective.

Hey Liquid I believe the same could easily be said about the folks on the other side of the argument too. Peace GS

I used the laws of science/chemistry in my post. Funny, no one has responded to it. I can't be held responsible for morons who are on my side of the argument because of illogic.

Green Supreme
01-15-2010, 07:47 PM
Just sayin at this point it goes both ways. Now making bho the way you have stated may work to some degree, but at any point during the growth of trichomes there are all stages of growth. Even when most heads are amber there will still be immature heads, making what you say quite impossible.Would love to see your science on it though. Peace GS

sibannac
01-15-2010, 08:03 PM
^ Yeah exactly.

Its like saying, "I dont care about the facts of the matter, I have some bull shit I've made up in my head and that is what I follow." Frightening logic really.

Well the fact of the matter is, is that BHO uses chemicals that have been proven to cause harm to people. It ain't bullshit I've made up in my head bro either its a fact butane contains dangerous and harmful chemicals in it. Go some where else and talk about BHO, like i've said before its called FULLMELTBUBBLE, cant you guys fucking read or what???????

And Bubblehash doesn't only contain THC. it contains trichome heads, so what ever is in that head is whats in the bubble hash. Ie thc, thcv, cbn, cbd's, etc.

Green Supreme
01-15-2010, 08:08 PM
Here`s a couple pics to show what I mean. Mostly ambers, but still immature heads too. Peace GS

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=7707
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=10341&c=searchresults&searchid=4110

lepstadder
01-15-2010, 08:09 PM
This is ignorant.

I dont understand.

Nobody should be trying to CONVINCE anyone anything.

that should not be the F-ing point.

We all have opinions and tastes, preferences ... whatever

Just state FACTS

FACT= many things cuase cancer

FACT

Section VI - Health Hazard Data
Route(s) of Entry: Inhalation? YES Skin? YES Ingestion? YES

Health Hazards (Acute and Chronic)
No danger under normal use
Propane/Butane: Long term inhalation effects respiration
Octane: Long term exposure may de-fat and irritate skin. Poisonous if swallowed.
Carcinogenicity: NO NTP? N/A IARC Monographs? N/A OSHA Regulated? YES

MSDS lists all compound as not carcinogenic when used normally

Now the amount of butane that MAY be present in oil would be extremely nominal.

Way less than any amount you would ever encounter through normal activities.

i.e. filling a lighter, attaching a fuel cylinder.

So everyone give it a rest

please no more conjecture PLEASE

Green Supreme
01-15-2010, 08:17 PM
If McDonalds had a study done that said their food was good for you would you believe. Peace GS

lepstadder
01-15-2010, 08:18 PM
are you kidding me?

Get real man

sibannac
01-15-2010, 08:19 PM
If McDonalds had a study done that said their food was good for you would you believe. Peace GS

Oh shit I'd believe that. lmao good one GS

lepstadder
01-15-2010, 08:26 PM
First off the giant evil solvent corporations are not the ones who devised the MSDS.

Get real, calm down, "just medicate man"

You all need to get the off your high horses and realize that you are not the end all be all of information you are not infallible

None of us are,

IS THAT NOT THE F-ING POINT OF THESE FORUMS

TO SHARE, SPREAD AND INTEGRATE THE KNOWLEDGE OF CANNABIS

Or is this site created to further an agenda of an ice-hash hierarchy.

conjecture |kənˈjek ch ər|
noun
an opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information

Green Supreme
01-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Makes me wonder, if it sucks so bad here what are you folks doing here. Calm is my middle name. Peace GS

fullmeltbubble
01-15-2010, 08:44 PM
way to go guys....way to go.....