PDA

View Full Version : Buying or Obtaining Trim

crAZjoeherbizzle86
01-08-2010, 09:25 AM
Hey, do you think someone can pretty often contact a seller in order to obtain trim for hash from someone who grows, either for a pretty small price or even free? I think I've read that possibly not all growers really even do much of anything with their trim. This would be a huge bonus for me if I got some kind of hash making system; I'm kind of leaning toward dry sift. A small, cheap, convenient, and pretty decent option I've seen available online is the polm maker. This one might be all I can really get, and even with only 5 grams of trim able to be shaken at a time, I'm sure I'd get plenty of good kief to vape. For processing bigger quantities, the okief tumbler looks like about the most economical model I've seen so far, and it can tumble over 5 ounces, but it costs $230 usd vs. under $30 for the polm maker. I'm not going to go through the process of making one from scratch to save a little money, as I'd see this as being too much effort. Also, do you think only 5 grams of trim would produce a decent amount of kief, even if the leaves don't appear too frosty? Thanks

carlitos
01-08-2010, 03:08 PM
i highly dobt 5 grams of trim would leave you any dry sift...5 grams of good quality bud would leave you some but not that much, basically try to meet a grower man idk maybe in cali you could ask your dealer but if your somewhere else i doubt your seller knows the growers, maybe meet a grower buy th ebubble bags and make some hash from his trim and give the man some back and keep some of it...you get back what you put into it man

YukonBikerGuy
01-08-2010, 03:09 PM
A pound of herb contains about 20 grams of extractable heads for hash.

448g / 5g = 89.6 so 20grams / 89.6 = 0.22321428571428571428571429

Or a lil over 2 10ths of a gram of trichs from 5 grams of trim.

There is what there is on the material, and there aint no more, no matter how you beat it. If it "doesn't appear too frosty", then it probably isnt. That frosty stuff is the dry sift you want to collect. Poor quality trim will have poor yields.

I have heard of dispensaries that sell trim in California, but unless you know a grower(s) it would seem to be hard to meet them to convince them to give you thier trim. The best way to have a source of trim for making nice concentrates from, is to start up your own garden. Everyone should grow....

YBG

Evergreen
01-08-2010, 03:53 PM
I agree with YBG, also it might be hard obtaining trim depending on where you are located. When I started making bubble almost 10 years ago I would always look for quantity not quality. But I found out that you are better off not pushing the envelope on quantity. The problem about getting trim is a lot of it is already spoken for and a lot of growers know now how valuble their trim is. 3 years ago seems likeeverybody in cali was just throwin away their trim if they did not know how to make bubble/ganja food or anyone who could do it. I remember getting calls from friends before like "bro! You should come up her right now! I just threw 3 garbage bags of trim outside to be picked through by rats because you have not made it up here! (that is a true story) Not that I did not want to go get some free trim, but at that point I was literally overflowing with trim and requests from people so I had to pick and choose of where i wanted to work.
Now it is harder to find people with trim that just give it to you. most of the time I take half of what I make taking into condiseration that I make top quality bubble so it is worth a little more than your average bears bubble.

When I was doing all sorts of tests by weighing out all the trim and all the bubble when I was done. I was getting around 0.20 per gram, and you can get even more if you want to sacrafice quality.

I have been in the cali medical scene for about 13 years and I have never personally seen a club selling bubble but I am sure that there is some doing that, probably down in HelLA. I would be a little skeptical about getting trim from a club.

Your best bet is to hit up you local dealer and if he knows a grower you might have some luck.

Good Luck.

OnlyHighGrade
01-08-2010, 05:14 PM
A couple clubs in Nor cal give away their trim to their patients. One club grows in house and have weekly give a ways. I acquired a qp last time just for buying a few seeds. Another club donates their 'duff' (shake). Also, it helps to trim for people. Usually, they'll just let you take your work bag, if you're a nice guy that is.

I have a freezer full of tirm that was all literally just given to me. Some people still think bubble is this grand mystery and super time consuming tedious project, not the case.

GratefulPhish
01-08-2010, 05:20 PM
uh i think he said 5 oz not 5grams

BigManNew
01-08-2010, 05:47 PM
^^^That is how much it can tumble, not how much he has.

crAZjoeherbizzle86
01-09-2010, 02:43 AM
No, I'm sorry, I meant the polm maker can process only 5 grams of trim at a time for dry sift, and that okief tumbler can do 5 ounces.

carlitos
01-09-2010, 03:44 AM
yeah man like i said and yukon proved with mathematics and experience you wont get any from 5 grams of trim, even if you use 5 grams of good quality bud you wont get that much, now 5 ounzes of trim then you will get some glands...you get what you put in man

toalex
01-09-2010, 04:17 AM
I have been in the cali medical scene for about 13 years and I have never personally seen a club selling bubble but I am sure that there is some doing that, probably down in HelLA. I would be a little skeptical about getting trim from a club.

Riteway wellness center in OC they sell only dry sift, bubble and clones.

http://www.weedtracker.com/forums/riteway-wellness-centers-rwc-2076/

ak47 i got from them
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9117/beauituflzzzzzzzz.jpg

Bongwater420
01-09-2010, 04:38 AM
nice pic but

damm what that thing is huge

themasochist
01-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Yeah I am trying hard to find trim to make my own bubble as well. I never see hash in FL so there has got to be a ton of it around as FL grows a shit load of herb.