PDA

View Full Version : water hash questions (quantity)

doobiehuffer
01-12-2010, 09:55 AM
i recently got some bubblebags 8set 5 gallon kit and a bubblenow. i have never made water hash before and would like to refine my technique before doing larger runs.

i was just wondering what would be the minimal amount one could run through the bubblenow and bags as a test run and expect any decent return to get at least a 3 hoot sample from each screen? and what is the max one could run through without clogging bubblenow screens etc?

no trim. only frosty bud would be used cut with scissors to the consistency to roll joints. any response is greatly appreciated.

YukonBikerGuy
01-12-2010, 03:13 PM
I believe the max stated load for the 5 gallon set is 200g dry material, or 400g wet. IMO, as a minimum for the 5 gallon set, start with the max for the smaller set, 1 ounce.

Figure 3-10% return overall of dry hash.... say a middling 5% average. (5% of 28g is 1.4g) From all the bags together.... where the load of hash lays in the bags is dependant on many factors, and there is no way to gaurantee how much of each grade there will be from that return. (btw, I would skip sampling the 220µ, and 190µ..... sometimes I skip the 160µ as well...call it cooking or joint hash)

The golden rule is: YOU CAN ONLY EXCTRACT WHAT IS PRESENT ON THE STARTING MATERIAL

There aint no more, there is what there is. If you use poorly grown, early harvested (as is most commercial herb) or previously scuffed buds, then your yield will be low, and probably the quality too.

Two things are in balance here, quality and yield. When one goes up, expect the other to go down.

Increase yield/lower quality
chop up herb
use dry herb to start
mix really hard for a really long time
use unknown strain and maturity buds

Increase quality / lower yield
use fresh frozen material to start (IMO, trim is best)
make sure the cannabis is fully ripe before harvest
mix gently, for a short period of time
try not to cause more particulate matter (grinding, chopping)
Using a known strain, from mono-cropped cannabis will often give the better result.

Hope some of this helps.
YBG

fullmeltbubble
01-12-2010, 05:52 PM
its 200 DRY and 400 wet ybg....

YukonBikerGuy
01-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Whoops, my bad man... stoned in the morning.... changing post....

doobiehuffer
01-13-2010, 12:08 AM
thanks for the info i shall try my first run with roughly 30 grams(dry frozen).

i was also wondering when you pull the bags do you slide the resin around under the water as you pull to get the resin to fall through? or just pull it and what falls through naturally falls through? or what?

also i just wanted to ask about the 'fresh' trim. ive never really been a fan of trimming fresh moist buds id rather trim em crispy dry as the resin is less sticky and makes a nicer dry sift when dry. when you say 'fresh' do you mean fresh chopped(harvested) plant an hour ago(no drying time plant is still alive) type deal? fully turgid with water? or do you mean week or so dry but the resin is still wet and sticky where the plant matter is almost crispy? sorry about the detail. but im still a little unsure :) thanks for any replies this forum rules hehe :)