PDA

View Full Version : my full melt dry sift technique

doobiehuffer
01-13-2010, 11:40 AM
my full melt dry sift technique. to make the purity in the photo i did this.
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/4/1/7/5/bubbleboxfullmeltkiefdrysift3.jpg

to answer the question on technique what i did to get it like that was basically using bubblemans tutorial but instead some slight differences.

i put the bud in the box (bubblebox) and let it sit awhile till its crumbly dry i then instead of using a grinder i use scissors and gently crush it and crumble it between fingers and let it fall naturally on the screen.

i find the grinder pulverizes the plant matter too much and if i dont twist it enough it leaves some chunks and not an even texture for joints so i prefer scissors.

i then use a postcard type card that is almost the width of the bubblebox so 2-3 swipes at about a 45 degree angle off the screen pushes the crumbled pile to the edge. i then scoop the pile up with the post card against the wooden edge onto a paper to roll and roll over the box and anything that falls out i just let fall naturally onto the screen to go into the next joint.

i dont card it over repeatedly on the first screen cause i dont want to lower the potency of my joints as well as break the plant matter into smaller chunks. it takes about 2 days of joints then i can start to see a build up on the screen below.

every second day or so i then card the screen below with bubblemans clear plastic card that comes with the box at a 45 degree angle slowly in all directions and most of it falls through i then pick up the other screen and card the 70u screen the same way with the clear card but slower and at diff angles prolly ranging from 35 degrees to maybe 75 degrees? off the screen if that makes sense hehe. i do this carding in maybe 5-10 min sessions max and just do it every coupla days and once a week or so i have a super tasty super strong super headrushy full melt dry sift just from rolling joints and i notice 0 decrease in joint potency. great little box hehe.

-------------- second part (additional info)

strain wise its multiple strains mostly bc kushes many varieties of purple kush, some master kush, some sativas grapefruit etc. so its not just one strain per se but many :) BUT.... im not sure if one strains trichomes are catching more on the 70u.

regarding sifting process i usually sift every second day or so after rolling about 15-20 joints over the box. basically as soon as i see even a SLIGHT build up i start carding. i find carding and cleaning smaller amounts easier as well as quicker and more time efficient i only spend maybe 10 mins max every other day carding :) i prolly spend more time on the 70u overall cause it is more delicate and has to be done slower. but for an entire week prolly an hour max of carding broken up into 10-15 min sessions or so (i dont time myself).

every 2nd day after im done carding or when i want some hoots of kief i collect all the resin off the black plate and smoke it in a bong with cold fresh water no ice(on ashbed in a luke wilson bowl from aqualabs with built in glass screen not metal) but i LEAVE the 70u to collect for about a week and keep recarding it every second day (i do not run the black plate stuff through again i smoke it)

for your question on card angle im still working on my technique but i find 45 degrees sufficient for it to fall through then when i get to the 70u screen i card it using various angles of holding the card like i almost lay it flat like buttering toast and spread the kief out then make it a sharper angle and push it around as a pile then spread it out and repeat very slowly and very delicately. i find moving it up down and diagonal helps(regarding to the square pattern of the screen) hope that makes sense. another thing i do is if i notice visible small green peices on the 70u screen (visible to the naked eye) i flick them asside carefully with the corner of the clear card(so as not to turn the visible contaminate into microscopic) and make a tiny contaminate pile usually only 2 or 3 specs not really a pile but i keep it together so i can touch my finger down and pick it up just by dabbing my finger on the screen i then continue carding the pile :) hope that helps :)

i really wanna thank bubbleman again for the awesome products and sam the skunkman for showing whats possible. im far from sams quality but it is great inspiration. thanks again guys. peace.

edit: adding more info from another thread to keep it in one place.

-when you get down to the 70u pile it all into a pile and get a slip of white paper nice and clean. scoop up a small small amount that would fit under the microscope. look at this under the microscope (or loupe if it works) and if you use a usb one take a picture or memorize and note the head:contaminate ratio. put the kief back on the 70u to clean more.

-use the same method(technique) your trying to evaluate and clean on the 70u then after 5-10 minutes of gentle carding using the SAME method to eliminate variables. scoop a small amount up again with clean white paper again check under scope the head:contaminate ratio is it better or worse? it should most likely be more heads and less contaminate.
-repeat this till clean(if ratio improves each time magnified) OR change technique till it cleans it faster etc.

i also should add that when im cleaning the kief on the 70u ive noticed lately without magnifying that its usually done when the pile stops shrinking or starts shrinking very slowly. it has taken me many cleanings to be aware of the rate at which kief contaminate ie capitate stalks etc fall through(i still magnify). but the pile basically stops shrinking(shrinks real slowly) when the heads are left. hopefully soon ill make a breakthrough and be speed cleaning the sift scalable to large amounts haha :) once i do ill let you all know how if i get it super fast :) peace :)

BigManNew
01-13-2010, 11:44 AM
If you figure out Sam's technique don't tell anyone for a while keep em guessing lol. I know I said this in your other thread, that sift is amazing, and so nice looking. Enjoy it!

doobiehuffer
01-13-2010, 12:00 PM
haha thanks man i doubt ill get it as clean as sams but thanks hehe and if i ever do i dont think id wanna keep it secret :) why should everyone have to reinvent the wheel....... but one good thing that comes from sam not telling i must say that it makes peoples creative juices flow. there are prolly many ways(to achieve full melt dry sift) and its prolly infinite in technique its just some ways will be more efficeint then others regarding yield/ etc etc etc so many variables hehe. so i encourage people to not only try my method for fun but build upon it or its ideas :) we should all band together and get it pure already damnit haha. im actually surprised out of all the hash heads in the world that no one has come remotely close to sams(or they are hiding in a cave if they have and dont care to show people). seems like people arent even trying. peace.

diggity
01-13-2010, 03:11 PM
thanks for sharing doobiehuffer :)

Bongwater420
03-14-2010, 07:11 AM
nice kief super clean

BigManNew
03-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Yea, the reason I said don't tell anyone is so Sams reason for not telling anyone carries on. But who knows, maybe someone else could refine his technique even more.

cheesebox
03-15-2010, 12:20 AM
thats amazing results! great job

Bubbleman
03-15-2010, 01:03 AM
Very nice indeed... excellent quality and definitly WOrth smoking im sure....
The small amounts of contaminants probably make up for 2 to 3 percent of the weight... maybe up to 4 or 5%... TOPs... Sams is quite a bit cleaner.. but i give you a NICE SECOND... for that quality.

Thanks for Sharing.. and dont stop... we want melt shots.. ... the whole nine yards...

Peace
Bubble man

doobiehuffer
03-16-2010, 07:28 AM
right on! thanks Bubbleman (http://fullmeltbubble.com/forum/member.php?u=3) i will be uploading melty pics in the future i just havent got a good camera and lens yet. i was also wondering on that champagne dry sift melty vid how do you film it so accurate without showing anything but the bowl? including lifting it off to clear the tube? do you use camera attached to the bowl or bong on table with tripod? any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks again.

Kif it Kunta
03-16-2010, 11:19 AM
Doobie, run that nice dry sift through a 100 micron mesh and a 70 micron mesh, the resin that is isolated in between those two meshes (after it has been cleaned up) will be a lot close to Sam's quality.

doobiehuffer
03-16-2010, 09:59 PM
ive been researching screens and will be ordering a wide range of microns. the research is on going and by no means complete :) thanks for the enthusiasm!

NorCalTrichomePro
07-27-2011, 05:13 AM
Yea, the reason I said don't tell anyone is so Sams reason for not telling anyone carries on. But who knows, maybe someone else could refine his technique even more.

I've been making it better than him for years.

His pictures are nothing impressive man.

Get a grip. Nor.Cal > *

Cheers.

~M

YukonBikerGuy
07-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Post your fabled technique, or some pics as proof, or you are a lying Troll.

(In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response)

YBG

oldmanmozz
07-30-2011, 09:46 PM
if dont have pics, it didnt happen :pipe:

pc mozz