PDA

View Full Version : Lst, topping, fimming?

Shibbydonkey
01-17-2010, 12:10 AM
I am fairly inexperienced and due to this would love if some of you seasoned veterans would give your personal opinions on what technique I should use to recieve maximum yield from my ladies. I have only a 3x3 space so I was thinking a combo of topping and lst but as stated earlier I don't know my ass from my elbow. Any comments and help are very appreciated thankyou fmb, shibby donkey

hashcat
01-17-2010, 02:54 AM
well how many ladies do you have

if only a few, you will want to do one of those.
if you have a bunch, you will definitely not want to train any and flower them quickly.

i prefer topping. i hate dealing with all the string and shit with LST and fimming i feel produced to many sucker shoots that you should be trimming off at 12/12 switch

i like to veg until there are a few branches, then top every branch, and then top each new branch that forms once more, and then veg until desired height. has worked well for me...

Shibbydonkey
01-17-2010, 05:30 PM
So you would grow to say the fourth leaf set top that wait til both new stems form and top them as well producing 4 correct? This seems that it would keep the plant in the "sweet zone" the longest with the particular setup I have, very useful information thankyou hashcat. The only downside is I am afraid that waiting for all the new stems to grow would take forever and after that wait I would hate to find out one was not a lady. Also I topped my plant roughly 3 days ago and have seen now new growth on the top since, is this normal? Foliage Is still growing at the bottom just nothing where it was cut.

RooRripRoadie
01-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Supper cropping works wonders.. Check out vids on youtube

YouTube- Soma Grow Secrets

Peace

hashcat
01-17-2010, 07:38 PM
^^^^yeah that

i must have been way too high when i responed...forgetting that every one of my plants right now is supercropped.

it is a very effective means of allowing lower growth to become as strong and prominent as top shoots.

yes when you top it can take up to a week to see new growth depending on your lights

vegging (for me) is usually a very slow...boring ....process.

Shibbydonkey
01-17-2010, 08:52 PM
But I'm sure the rewards to be gotten for tge long boring process are well worth it. I am going to watch that vid when I get home from work and see what I can do. I only have 3 females currently so max yield is a must. After sexing I could be down to 1 or even worse....none. But I'm hoping that the cannabis gods will smile on me and that won't happen.

Evergreen
01-17-2010, 10:14 PM
i like to top and give the plant 4 tops, so it does not spend to much energy into producting buds on like 15 branches.

Evergreen
01-17-2010, 10:18 PM
I tried somas style of topping for about 4 years but was not too happy with the results, not saying that it sucks, It just did not work for me with my indoor or 4 years on my outdoor plants. I think that Soma might be TOO much of a hippy and a little way to into HIS way. I grew the soma way for 4 years, everything he did, soil, pest management and whatnot but I found it more productive to alter his ways and make em better.

Peace. . .

RooRripRoadie
01-18-2010, 02:14 AM
So evergreen i hear ya but the guy was asking for max yield with a small ass space. What do you think you do now that is better? Im not pushing somas ways at all, it was the first supercroping vid I could find. Not hating but would appreciate you elaborate on your last statement as to what u do now that yields u more

share brother

Peace

Shibbydonkey
02-03-2010, 08:23 PM
bumppityy bump bump bump

sibannac
02-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Depends how much time you want to veg, and how many plants you have. If your growin from clone you could make a prepetual SOG grow, by puting a few small clones each week and after the first ones are done you put new clones in.

Check this out it could be another idea if you could keep a mouther or 2 around.
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1098