PDA

View Full Version : I'm fairly new at this and have just one question

domm11
01-18-2010, 02:20 AM
Alrite so i plan to germinate the seeds before i plant. When you germ them, a little white thing pops out. Is that a root or a stem? Like when i plant the germed seed should i plant that white thing down into the soil or have it up facing the light?

And when i plant them, should i water them rite there or wait for them to sprout then give them some water?

f0urtwenty
01-18-2010, 02:43 AM
It's a root. Point it down. Don't touch it. You should water your soil PRIOR to planting the seedling.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1673.html

domm11
01-18-2010, 04:33 AM
my man. thanks a lot. i still got the lw bowl too i didnt forget about that sale lol. im almost sure i copped it off you i could be wrong though

domm11
01-18-2010, 04:40 AM
also, you ever grow lowryders? if so, got any tips for me? thanks.

I'm using a 400watt hps light and plan to plant three easyryder feminized ak47 seeds. i plan to use a 20/4 cycle throughout the life of the plant as well. and im gunna have fans on them at all times.

f0urtwenty
01-18-2010, 06:45 PM
I didn't sell you anything, actually I picked up something from you. Maybe a SGW inline a/c? Whatever it was, I still have it. And use it often. :)

I have zero experience with lowryders and if I understand it correctly, usually the term defines a strain that will autoflower, no matter the light schedule. Is that the case? If so, I was unaware that some fem AK-47 would be lowryders. I always thought a lowryder were strains for certain geographical locations where the light schedules are not conducive to most cannabis strains, such as above or below a certain latitude.

When growing indoors under a 400w HPS, I would typically give them a light schedule of either 24/0 or 18/6 for veg, then I would switch them to 12/12 to begin bloom. Since you're not growing tall stretchers, I would veg the plants until they took up about 40% of the lights footprint, then switch to 12/12.

DNRDustin
01-18-2010, 07:00 PM
ready set grow is a good one to watch, of course there are other videos on youtube. search "how to grow marijuana" and get most of the info you need.

YouTube- Ready-Set-Grow Part 1of 7 UPDATED