PDA

View Full Version : dj shadow

captain cocknballz
12-03-2007, 06:31 AM
here the new album sucks but going to check it out anyways? Hippie or bubs you dwn?

Retro
12-03-2007, 06:56 AM
i dont know if it was his first album but the one called Endtroducing
Amazing album, stem\long stem, and organ donor are 2 of my favorite songs on that album

BENZ92
12-18-2007, 06:38 PM
dj shadow is the shit...absolutely. live! in tune and on time, is the best to smoke to...it has all those songs on it plus its live so it's totally energetic yet soothing...

LemonCake
03-08-2008, 11:35 PM
he is not as progressive as he use to be .. but its an alllright album.. he first works where def his best.. just to many cats pushing that sound .. he is no longer on top of it .. ...none the less.. he is great.. and def amazing live.
also a good guy to boot!

Bubbleman
03-09-2008, 02:25 AM
so i got a question LC, who is ON TOP OF IT?

I am not familiar with djshadow at all, so if i do want to pick one up it would be his first works?

thanks for any tips

Bubble man

samasama
04-01-2008, 10:14 AM
I love hip-hop, mostly instrumental (i.e., turntablism). DJ Shadow, Amon Tobin, Mix Master Mike, Beat Junkies, Cinematic Orchestra, etc...

I would recommend Entroducing (first album), Preemptive Strike ( Second album), or Private Press (third album) as well as the collaborations he's done with Cut Chemist.

*Wicka-Wicka-Wicka-Wicka*

johnnyballbag
11-22-2008, 06:41 AM
Yeah i've always liked Shadows older work, but one day my girl was on myspace and found his page. Heard some of his new stuff, and i couldn't believe it. He almost fit in with DJ Clue and DJ Whoo Kid....he sold out. Don't get me wrong, he's one of the illest dj's ever, i just wish he would have kept his original sound.

LostCoaster
11-22-2008, 07:06 AM
that guy should give me the new record for FREE maybe I will remind him about the 40 minute show that I payed 50 bucks for last year!

The record that he did with james lavelle was super cool, that was called "U.N.K.L.E" and came out in 1998

johnnyballbag
11-22-2008, 07:24 AM
so i got a question LC, who is ON TOP OF IT?

I am not familiar with djshadow at all, so if i do want to pick one up it would be his first works?

thanks for any tips

Bubble man

Check out Cut Chemist and DJ Numark, they're the dj's from Jurassic 5. I think J5's album "the EP" has a hidden track, if you can find it, think its on the cd and the album. I'll have to look up the name of that track, but they mix frank sinatra with led zeppelin (?) and it's sick. Or on J5's album Quality Control, the last track with the big band/swing beat, that's ill original shit. Two of the greatest tracks of all time in my humble opinion...

EasyBakeIndica
11-22-2008, 07:43 AM
YouTube - Unkle - Rabbit in your Headlights

YouTube - DJ Shadow The Organ Donor

I'm pretty sure DJ Shadow played at Pemberton last yast year... :pipe: