PDA

View Full Version : problem with "noname" bags

wicked_clown
06-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Hi there!

A few buddies as well as myself have been looking at getting your 8 bag kit for a few weeks now, and before i order the set, i wanted to ask about a problem we have been having with "Da Nose" bags. My buddy tried to buy your bags at a local hydro store, but every shop ive been in only carries "no name brand" bags

I was wondering if anyone has used "Da Nose" bags before or at least knows the mesh sizes for their bags (3 bag kit). They seems to have a problem with producing low quality product, and low quantity as well. (i know not to expect much quantity from bubble bags, but i know extracting the same amount of shake with butane produces a higher quantity, which should be impossible due to the hash having various types of plant matter and dust in it)

im kind of thinking they they have messed up on the mesh sizes, as my friend has experimented with his quite alot.

for example, he has tried mixing by hand with a wood spoon for 10 minutes, mixing with a cake mixer for 10 minutes on low, and on high, mixing with a drill on low for 10 minutes, and finally as a last ditch effort, mixing with a cake mixer, on low for 3 minutes.

unfortunatly, no matter what he tried, the end product was no where close to some of the full melt pics ive seen on your site, not that i expected full melt bubble with only a 3 bag kit, but it barley bubbles at all, just a little surface bubbling that you can barley see - keeping in mind, that this is still really good hash, just not really bubble

the only thing that mixng less seemed to do was to decrease the quantity of product produced, never increasing the quality.

their bags are pretty cheaply made as well, with cheap feeling vinyl screens, and the seems started to fall apart after only 3 uses, which probably also contributes to the lack of quality and quantity, but even the first time they were used, when the seems were still in tact, the problems were still there

so yeah, if anyone has any insight into the mesh sizes, or any other reason why "Da Nose" bags seem to be crappy i would appreciate it, and i look forward to getting my own set of the real deal bubble man 8 bag kit

oh, and the quality of product we have tried has always been very good - strains such as hempstar, skywalker, S.A.G.E, GOD, White Rhino, Krishna, Diesel (various types), ect, ect, ect

also, one more question, something didnt make sense to me while i was browsing your forums. you seems to suggest that shake will yeild the same percentages as bud?

you say 5-10% yeild for shake or for bud, but in my experience with other methods of extraction (ie. butane), shake has always produced 5-10% yeild, but bud has always been 5-20% yeild (all depending on quality of course)... im wondering if it is because you suggest not breaking up the buds at all? im wondering if breaking them up lightly with your hands would increase yeild

thanks
Clown

Dollar
06-16-2008, 08:02 PM
Dont EVER suggest that Bubblemans methods aren't 100% perfect.

Green Supreme
06-16-2008, 08:21 PM
A poke just because you can, eh Dollar. Hahaha. C'mon I'm dying to hear YOUR method. Oh, this is the part where you back pedal. LOL. Peace GS

wicked_clown
06-16-2008, 08:45 PM
i didnt suggest that his method isnt 100% perfect, i just asked a question about his method, and how the yeild percentages dont really match up to my personal experience with other methods:p

the reason i ask is because some approximate values for concentraction as far as my experience goes is as follows

shake is about 5-10% thc
weed is about 5-20%
crappy hash is like 10-30%
iso oil is like 20-60% (depending on who is making it)
bubble hash is like 40-85% (depending on many many factors)
ether oil is around here somewhere, but i dont know the values
butane oil is 60-85% (depending on how long you cure it, and the quality of butane)
co2 oil is 99.9% lab quality extracted thc (oh how i wish i could get my hands on this)
Marinol (Lab created medical grade THC) is 99.9-100%

based off these numbers, and a little math, you see that butane oil and bubble hash should produce appoximatly the same quantity of product, and with all the different qualities of bubble from a run added together, it should really be producing more than the butane... at least on paper anyways, unless im missing something

im just tryin to figure out why the percentages for bud would be the same as for shake, when bud obviously has more thc. I undertstand why he doesnt bust the buds up, its obviously to preserve quality, but if you dont break the buds up, how do you get to the lovely thc on the inside of the bud?

.... well that and whats wrong with "Da Nose" bubble bags

i also appologize about all the solvent talk, as i saw your rule against it, however i dont really see any other way to ask my question

Kaneda
06-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Well really it comes down to: do you want to grind 300 grams of bud for a 20 gallon run?

I don't, so of course shake is better. More surface area for the ice to hit the glands means more glands in my end product.

From what I understand of butane, it completely saturates the bud and dissolves the stalk, freeing the gland...right? So ungrinded bud would yeild more if you used butane than ice because the butane relies less on surface area.

That's my amateur understanding of it though...

Might wanna be careful talking about butane here though, this is more of a non-solvent based hash community :)

wicked_clown
06-16-2008, 09:31 PM
yeah i know, im just trying to use it as a refference to ask my question, as there is really no other product you could compare bubble hash to as far as yield goes - trust me i dont like solvents either... i dont like the taste, and i dont wanna explode, hence the reason i am looking to get some bubble bags

im just tryin to figure out what to expect when i buy my 8 bag kit

and yeah, as for grinding up 300 grams, im not 2 worried about that, i'll be getting the 1 gallon kit.... maaaaaybe the 5 gallon max lol

plus, as it stands right now (for oil), i freeze all my shake, grind it in a coffee grinder, and then dry sift it through a screen with pretty large holes into a powder which is like ~30% THC so i can run it all at once, so to be honest, it would still be less work than i am doing right now

(sorry more butane talk cuz i have to answer this guy) and yes you are correct in your understanding of butane, but, if you do grind up the bud using butane, you get alot more than if you dont grind - yet another reason i figure you should be able to get higher quantities of bubble if you break up the buds a little bit before you run them in the bubble bags

to be honest, thats not the main reason i came here. i want to know if anyone had used Da Nose bubble bags. Noone has had any experience with "Da Nose" bags? man... they must really suck, i cant find one thing on the net about them at all... they must be ultra no name brand... guess ill tell my buddy to light them on fire and go buy some of bubble man's bags - hopefully ordering mine at the end of the week

wicked_clown
06-18-2008, 04:58 PM
well i found the answer about the "da nose" bags that i was looking for, by going to your austrailia page's FAQ, i though i would repost it here for anyone with the same question as i had

"All most all other bag systems use fabric cloth for their screens, where as Bubble Bags uses medical grade nylon, this insures a consistant micron size that will not change, unlike other bags and always giving you a product filtered at the proper and optimum levels to achieve purity. Even our 3 bag system makes a higher quality product than any of the other companies 3 bag system for that reason.

The bags are made out of heavy duty, industrial strength gortex while the screen is made out of medical grade nylon and the entire system is held togeather using tripple stitched parachute thread, where the fabric is turned inside out and then right side out between each stick, thus insuring and extra strong seam that will not pop a stitch and is watertight and will not leak, unlike other systems, which then contaminates the grades of quality between each of the bags."

Springbirdoo
06-21-2008, 09:18 PM
A man sat at a bar, had the saddest hangdog expression.Bartender: "What's the matter? Are you having troubles with your wife?" The man: "We had a fight, and she told me that she wasn't going to speak to me for a month." Bartender: "That should make you happy." ..World Of Warcraft gold is WoW gold (http://www.gogoer.com),The man: "No, the month is up today!"

Dollar
06-22-2008, 12:52 AM
A poke just because you can, eh Dollar. Hahaha. C'mon I'm dying to hear YOUR method. Oh, this is the part where you back pedal. LOL. Peace GS

Back pedal? Thats pretty brazen considering I havent yet.

I keep it simple. I mix with an electric mixer in a separate bucket to avoid issues with tangling or stems ripping bags like friends have had in the past. Then after I pull each bag I wash with a considerable amount of water. Then its just scrape, dry, chop, dry, chop, dry, chop, dry, chop, smoke.