PDA

View Full Version : Preference on inline or not?

40_oz_to_freedom
01-20-2010, 10:16 PM
It seems a lot of people are turning more and more to inlines rather than traditional downstems, including myself. I find my inline to be a lot smoother than my last bong. Is there a consensus that inlines are superior? What's everyone's thoughts

Hieronymus Bosch
01-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Inlines are great, a little bit more temperamental in terms of holding it level and water levels, but I'd prefer it over a traditional downstem. But, I'd prefer a fixed stem to a tree more than an inline.

toalex
01-20-2010, 10:47 PM
hehe I love my fixed stem inline beaker :p

ShatterWulf
01-20-2010, 11:06 PM
I think you're just seeing the widening of the availability of inlines or other fixed stem pieces. I think the whole glass community is just coming to the realization that fixed stem/inline > downstem.

40_oz_to_freedom
01-21-2010, 12:26 AM
yeah it really seems that way doesn't it, not to mention having at least one perk, I can't wait to get a better ash catcher. Smoking a normal downstem bong just doesn't satisfy me anymore haha

Vitaherb
01-21-2010, 05:51 AM
There's rumor that Roor US is gonna come out with a revolutionary downstem (tree) series under a different name, so don't lose hope quite yet.

toalex
01-21-2010, 06:09 AM
There's rumor that Roor US is gonna come out with a revolutionary downstem (tree) series under a different name, so don't lose hope quite yet.

haha you mean sheldon black man? if yes they've been out for awhile

Freebird17
01-21-2010, 06:24 AM
Luke Wilson is also putting out some multi-arm downstems, I think they're kind of one piece, almost like toros. I've seen a ten arm, a ten arm with a showerhead end and a bushing 5 arm(i think it was tc, I'm not sure.)
Personally, I like my downstems. I've got 4 or 5 different styles of stems and they all have a different type of pull/diffusion/clear or whatnot. I don't have anything against fixed stems though, I'm gonna grab a fixed 4 soon(at least 4, maybe a 7 or whatever toro makes.)

Does anyone know if toro's making single chamber tubes with the new treeless design?

Vitaherb
01-21-2010, 07:10 AM
haha you mean sheldon black man? if yes they've been out for awhile

Oh no way, that's the new team eh?

Good to know, thanks!

ScarletFireGlass
01-21-2010, 02:04 PM
downstems are a thing of the past and pretty much obsolete in today's (highend) glass game.

I personally LOVE my inline tube. It is my DD. Stone Glass Works gridded inline > all the other single chamber inlines out.

I am holding out to get a double chamber inline when Preston gets a lathe. It is just a matter of time. I must admit I have almost given in and purchased a LW inline/10, though.

Soupbone
01-21-2010, 02:47 PM
I personally LOVE my inline tube. It is my DD. Stone Glass Works gridded inline > all the other single chamber inlines out.

Hehehe, I ordered my gridded inline a few weeks ago. Apparently he has a small backlog, hopefully he'll be making mine soon. Also asked for a showerhead ashcatcher.. those bubbles stack oh so nicely.

Can't waaaaait :bunny:

ScarletFireGlass
01-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Hehehe, I ordered my gridded inline a few weeks ago. Apparently he has a small backlog, hopefully he'll be making mine soon. Also asked for a showerhead ashcatcher.. those bubbles stack oh so nicely.

Can't waaaaait :bunny:

Nice! Trust me you will love your SGW. In terms of functionality, you'd have a hard time finding a better set up. I have a worked gridded inline, worked waffle, and worked inverted showerhead bub coming from Preston in a few days for my shop. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing any of his worked tubes in person yet, so I am pretty excited to see them. My gridded inline is a plain jane.

Soupbone
01-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Wow, If I had the extra cash I definitely would've asked that he do some work on the tube. But as it is, he only offered to do some colour on the a/c and bowl (which is more than I expected).
Oh.. I also asked that he attach a base, so the tube can stand on its own with the a/c on.. I hope I dont regret that.. I see they normally lay down flat. I just didn't want to disassemble the whole rig after every smoke.

Please post some pics of the waffle once it arrives. I allready started saving for mine.

bghjkl
01-22-2010, 12:10 AM
Wow, If I had the extra cash I definitely would've asked that he do some work on the tube. But as it is, he only offered to do some colour on the a/c and bowl (which is more than I expected).
Oh.. I also asked that he attach a base, so the tube can stand on its own with the a/c on.. I hope I dont regret that.. I see they normally lay down flat. I just didn't want to disassemble the whole rig after every smoke.

Please post some pics of the waffle once it arrives. I allready started saving for mine.

they don't lay flat, they have a bar about halfway up the neck to prop it up so water doesn't spill. it can still hold an ashcatcher while laying back, but you might have to rotate it a bit depending how tall your a/c is.

usg543
01-22-2010, 04:05 AM
inlines... LOVE them! i think they hit better than anything else i've hit. since i've gotten my Hops XL Toobito, i have only hit my Toro a few times.

downstems??? don't see the point anymore! why have a 3 piece bong when you can have a 2 piece? this is a rhetorical question because i can play devils advocate. my personal opinion is it's outdated, unecessary, and an extra piece to break/clean. i think it looks cleaner too without it.

ToRo Head
01-23-2010, 07:55 AM
i love my toro hops collab best hit ive ever got from a toob. and my every day inline i owned by toro was the 2nd best hit ive ever used. but it was a big to big for my likeings. but my toro hops collab is on the smaller size which is th emain reason i love it.

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=873

ScarletFireGlass
01-24-2010, 04:09 AM
Here they are! I'll get some more pics up once these arrive on me doorstep. You're the man Preston!

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq84/nspaniola_2008/IMG_1880.jpg

Glassaholic
01-24-2010, 09:53 AM
I love my Toro inline/13 but the best hitting tube I have is my SG pillar. As for the old diffy tubes, yeah they're pretty much obsolete nowadays.