PDA

View Full Version : Spring in the rockies.. Oldschools outdoor...2010

old school
01-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Hey all! after a long,snowy winter ,spring has arrived in my grow room!!!:)
I started my plants round one.I am very stoked to see if the purple wreck will match up to the other strains or not.
Sprouts are now in jiffy sevens and under 4 agro-sun 4 foot bulbs.I am building a new growspace to "hold" the plants in untill end of April when they go into greenhouses.Will post photos soon...Welcome aboard it should bee a great ride!!!

YukonBikerGuy
01-28-2010, 03:17 PM
Interesting..... Did you just tape the bags up there for the photo, or are you actually germinating them there like that?

old school
01-28-2010, 03:58 PM
Yea YBG I "staged" it for the photo .....I start them in a cabinet on top of my computer tower! Works great for me.I wanted to be able to show the spouts, so on the window seemed to work. I had some seeds I produced (BC Roadkill x Mental Floss) extremly large seeds,That sprouted yesterday and out of fifteen seeds two of them had "TWINS"~!!!!!! Looked like an "Octopuss"!!!1 In 30 years of growing I have never seen or even heard of this.....Have any of you???:pipe:

YukonBikerGuy
01-28-2010, 09:24 PM
I have encountered twins in seeds often. Bag seed, bought seed, my own seeds. Both of my seed lines (Mezmakronic and Sister M) have shown several twins in both germination tests and grower reports. It is a neat thing to see though, I got kind of excited at the time... :) Random normal thing IMO.

old school
01-29-2010, 05:03 PM
This is my day today!!!.....The brownies have 4 grams of hash and the bag of bubble is over an ounce.....My wife just asked me why i look like I do(today) and the answer was "bubble,brownies,bowl"!!!!!:smoke1:

I started round two last night and will be putting the seeds into the jiffys later today..... Peace.....OLDSCHOOL

dankocalypse
02-13-2010, 01:09 AM
sounds like one hell of a day olds!

old school
02-17-2010, 03:10 AM
It sure was!!! I will update soon.Been very busy doing a remodel on house. New grow room is almost ready for action!The girls look awesome. Transplanting into 4x4's in a couple days. Peace....OLDSCHOOL

02-22-2010, 11:08 PM
nice old school. how stinky was the rks in your cross and what strain is mental floss?

old school
02-23-2010, 02:40 AM
Thanx ,mental Floss is a strain by Chimera seeds..Giant plants.Large yields.Very tasty with a unique smell.The BC Roadkill stinks for sure!You dont see it much but highly recomended.This strain is outgrowing all the others in the room. The cross is Roadkill x Lemongrass Thai x deep chunk indica. Should be interesting if all goes well.I will get some pics up soon .I have lost the camera in the remodel! .....Stoner....:)

OnlyHighGrade
02-23-2010, 10:05 PM
the bc roadkill x sounds absolutely amazing. with thai? and DC? wtf? whose the breeder? it sounds too good to be true.

THE_OG_KUSH
02-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Deep Chunk is a Chimera strain for sure. he loves that stuff.

old school
02-24-2010, 01:50 PM
Wrongo....The BC Roadkill and the Lemongrass Thai x Deep Chunk are Cannacopia breeds...Oldschool brought these ladies togather in Colorado for an Orgy. This resulted in a "love child":)(children) Cant wait to see the end result!:pray: I have another cross that is promising also. The MendoMadness x Mental Floss has alot of Purple traits. They are very bushy and really smelly. They are also Oldschool bred seeds. I have transplanted from Jiffy 7's into 4x4 pots. I will sex them in the 4x4's and then move into 3 and 5 gallon "smart pots". They will bbe cut many times before being placed outside. Most will be for a fall harvest but the others will be placed into a greenhouse and I will cut the light hours by covering it up.(light depo)This will end in july with a massive early harvest!It's not hard to do but most people have never heard of doing it. Highly recomended! Peace.... Oldschool

old school
04-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Ok Gang, Here we go....More Photo's! The weather here is up and down. The temps last night were in the LOW 20's...I ran two heaters in the small gh and three in the big one... about 70-80 inside.We are still about two weeks away from moving outside here. The largest plants are chin high and very healthy. Will update later ....enjoy:) Old School

old school
04-30-2010, 02:39 PM
here's a few more...

YukonBikerGuy
04-30-2010, 07:47 PM
Very nice, those plants all look really happy.

old school
04-30-2010, 08:02 PM
Thanx,YBG! Seems like only yesterday they were in a paper towel all lined up for a photo shoot.

diggity
05-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Nice spot and the plants are looking good! Thanks for posting!

old school
05-02-2010, 01:22 PM
Nice spot and the plants are looking good! Thanks for posting!

Thanx Diggity! I am very blessed to have such a nice spot to grow.... I have many friends that can only grow inside. I only grow outside. Very hard time of the year to grow.... Temp's have been in the 20's for about 4 days(night's) so keeping the ladies warm is priorty #1!!!We recieved about an inch of snow last night.Smaller greenhouse was 82 and larger one was 52.. I had a heater run out of propane so w/ only 2 running the temp's dropped. I will be glad when all the plants are in the ground and the weather is more stable...Peace Old School

old school
05-11-2010, 01:02 PM
Hey gang! Heres an up-date for early this week.... Been real cold and windy here... Plants in the ground in two weeks... Girls are doing great!

YukonBikerGuy
05-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Aww, and some cute tomatoes too..... I see they weren't started as early :)

old school
05-11-2010, 01:57 PM
Aww, and some cute tomatoes too..... I see they weren't started as early :)

YBG, I love to garden for sure! The last batch of seedlings in the photo's are the breeds that got let out the first and second round...Some of my FAVORITES....Green House,Train Wreck. DNA, Rock Lock.Magnum.UltiMix.More Jacks Cleaner 2. Looking okay so far.... Still a long way to go :) Peace, OLDSCHOOL

old school
05-25-2010, 12:22 PM
update ! Plants in ground next week... Praying SNOW is over!

Evergreen
05-25-2010, 04:28 PM
looking fucking amazing!

old school
05-25-2010, 07:12 PM
Thanx Evergreen !!! I'll take that as a compliment! Post some pic's of your 2010 start dude! Alway's a good show from you my friend!

old school
06-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Finally got most planted...They love the 200 gallon smart pots! Temps have been cold at night but it's time...so here we go! It takes 10 bags of soil to fill ONE pot!ouch...Peace....Oldschool

Oh yea, The large plants are 7+ feet now. The metal "Plant stakes" are 10 feet.Can't wait till they really start growing!!! I am doing a comparison between "smart pot's" and the wooden boxes... Should be interesting...

YukonBikerGuy
06-01-2010, 01:45 PM
Lookin good man, those are going to be monsters :)

old school
06-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Thanx,YBG! Tom Hill's post was my inspiration with the XL smart pots.I hope all works out for me.I hope my plants get half as large as his.Peace.....Oldschool

old school
06-10-2010, 12:23 PM
Hey gang! Here's an update... Things are going fairly well... A little transplent shock and a few other issues but, all is good !:)

Peace Oldschool

old school
06-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Hi ! Here's a few more photo's....enjoy ! Plants growing about 2 inches a day now. Peace Oldschool

old school
06-22-2010, 02:06 AM
Well it has been hot and windy here. Plants are getting established good. Using about 160 gallons of water a day and summer has just started! I am pleased with what I see so all is happy here. Peace.......OLDSCHOOL

lazyglass
06-22-2010, 04:28 AM
Damn, those are some nice plants. That would be make happy too, heh. Congrats on the grow!

old school
06-22-2010, 12:30 PM
Here's a few inside my greenhouse.... Gonna have to take the top off soon... They grow so fast in here! I just finished my automated water system yesterday... Should "free-up" my time a little.... Peace..... OLDSCHOOL

WhiteWall
06-22-2010, 06:11 PM
this grow is inspiring..... are you doing this all on yourr own?

old school
06-22-2010, 06:26 PM
this grow is inspiring..... are you doing this all on yourr own?

Yes...Talk about a FULL TIME job!!!I really love to grow so it's not that bad..

cdcl0ne
06-23-2010, 08:56 AM
coolies nice grow m8 !! keep the pics coming .

YukonBikerGuy
06-23-2010, 09:12 AM
Nice healthy bushes... love it.

YBG

old school
06-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks for all the positive input!!!!I am hoping my "Field of Dreams" yields well..... 150# would break my record.My only problem is keeping up with the nute demand.... It is hard to give them enough food.The "fear" of "overdoing" it is there all the time.
Also some are flowering so soon.....Purple Wrecks mostly.... will give me my first taste of 2010 outdoors! Peace.......OLDSCHOOL

old school
06-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Here's a large BC Roadkill.... Crossed with Purps in Colorado.... Much larger than the 200 gallon pot with 3 months of grow time to go!!!! Peace.......OLDSCHOOL

old school
06-28-2010, 03:50 PM
Here's a side view so you can get an idea of the size....

kiefcake
06-29-2010, 01:42 PM
very nice all around..

old school
06-29-2010, 02:17 PM
very nice all around..

Thanx Kief! We had storms with wind yesterday....Branches are so large I lost about 20 ....They seperate at the point the branch hits the main stem....Franticly building cages to minimize any more losses!!!
Are you in Colorado?Hows the girls doing???? Love it when you post !!!

Peace.....OLDSCHOOL

kiefcake
06-29-2010, 06:29 PM
I'm up in Northern Cali. :)

Thanks much. The garden is banging. Light dep is showing pre flowers and the out door is boosting...just gave them all 33 gallons..found out I can have all 240 emitter sites on at once :D I knew there was a reason the water pump my buddy came back with was almost 2k!!

old school
06-30-2010, 12:15 AM
I'm up in Northern Cali. :)

Thanks much. The garden is banging. Light dep is showing pre flowers and the out door is boosting...just gave them all 33 gallons..found out I can have all 240 emitter sites on at once :D I knew there was a reason the water pump my buddy came back with was almost 2k!!

Each plant got 33 gallons.....Maybe I am not giving mine enough water?

kiefcake
06-30-2010, 12:31 AM
Mine are in 300 gallon pots and the last time I watered was a little over 2 weeks ago..

sibannac
06-30-2010, 04:59 AM
ya that would take some water damn. Awesome plants man

old school
06-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Hey Kief.... I am using about 10 or 20 gallons a day per large girl....I have a water delivery each week....3500 gallons a week!!!Juggling making hash and trimming "last years" crop and trying to keep current crop alive and WELL. Peace OLDSCHOOL

old school
06-30-2010, 12:31 PM
[QUOTE=kiefcake;69159]I'm up in Northern Cali. :)
/QUOTE]

I lived outside of Willits twards Covelo for a year...Nice country....

kiefcake
07-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Real nice area. That's out by where I was born. How are your plants doing?

old school
07-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Real nice area. That's out by where I was born. How are your plants doing?

G.R.E.A.T.......Will take some pics today...My "west coast" breeds are starting to flower.....It's ok I want some early anyway.

What do you hope to yield out of 300's anyway?

kiefcake
07-01-2010, 03:13 PM
Hopefully 4-7 pounds each. The Bubbas will be more on the 3.5-5 side and the DOGs will be on the 6-8 LB side.. My next place will be all in the ground 12 x 12 x 1...950 gallons...

old school
07-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Hopefully 4-7 pounds each. The Bubbas will be more on the 3.5-5 side and the DOGs will be on the 6-8 LB side.. My next place will be all in the ground 12 x 12 x 1...950 gallons...

What do you mean...all in the ground????12x12x1...950 gallons???

kiefcake
07-02-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm going to be developing another parcel for farming ganja and all the holes there will be 12' square 1' deep in the ground with hardware cloth and landscape fabric..each one will be 950 gallons..

kiefcake
07-02-2010, 01:26 PM
I have no problem writing back and forth via PM..curious why you do not want to exchange info out in the open ? Later on it could be useful to another member trying to do the same..

old school
07-02-2010, 01:32 PM
I have no problem writing back and forth via PM..curious why you do not want to exchange info out in the open ? Later on it could be useful to another member trying to do the same..

Out in the open is cool... some people dont want to share openly....I am not bothered by it... I hope to help out others also... Sharing ideas helps us all!!!

old school
07-02-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm going to be developing another parcel for farming ganja and all the holes there will be 12' square 1' deep in the ground with hardware cloth and landscape fabric..each one will be 950 gallons..

Pro mix in the holes???

kiefcake
07-02-2010, 01:53 PM
I'll go with either Pro Mix or Black Gold as those are the two base mixes I have the most experience with and can get the cheapest.

old school
07-02-2010, 02:11 PM
I'll go with either Pro Mix or Black Gold as those are the two base mixes I have the most experience with and can get the cheapest.

Cheapest is good:)I am surprized no one ask questions .....ever.... I like to see other ways of doing it and seeing other results...My goal is ......"not so much labor".....more automation...(i do allot of hand watering because I will drownd them with the drip system)...

old school
07-02-2010, 03:13 PM
They are getting too big!!!! HELP....

sibannac
07-02-2010, 05:57 PM
hey old school, those are big. I'd love to help with those, man they look great. Why can't you guys live in canada gezz. lol

kiefcake
07-02-2010, 11:00 PM
i wish my shit was that big..genetics and starting from seed really make a big difference..next year i wont grow so many slow kushes..ill do those in the dep..I want to do UK Cheese, The DOG, and Casey Jones out door next year in my 300s....15 of each, and then I'll have 15 smaller Kushes.

old school
07-03-2010, 01:20 PM
i wish my shit was that big..genetics and starting from seed really make a big difference..next year i wont grow so many slow kushes..ill do those in the dep..I want to do UK Cheese, The DOG, and Casey Jones out door next year in my 300s....15 of each, and then I'll have 15 smaller Kushes.

Yours will be that big! I just start early....maybe too early!!!Seed plants are larger...In general..We had REAL BAD wind yesterday. Straight line at about 55-65 mph w/gusts higher...It was a sad day...

Never had GREAT luck with the KUSH's.....Wonder why I waste my time....T1x BB is my #1 plant in ALL WAYS!!HUGE yielder of STRONG GIANT buds....I LOVE her.... Glad I have lots of seeds from her!

Are you showing flowering signs yet? When do you start to change nutes over and how?I have some huge plants in flower and I guess I go w/it....???I think "OLD" "LARGE" plants are ready to flower so much earlier than young clones... Does that make sense..Look forward everyday to sharing info w/you and I hope the dude on the other post will join us so we can really compare and share thoughts...(grandpa..) Peace......OLDSCHOOL

kiefcake
07-03-2010, 02:10 PM
That's true for sure and next year I wont plant any mothers but put those in the light dep and take a bunch of clones in mid March so I can plant my beds in early April ( will have hoop houses over each row) That way my clone plants will get huge also I am going to use some different genetics next year with a little more scoot to them.

Things start to show like they're going to bud towards the end of the month around here. I'm going to dose them hard one more time and then back off so there isn't a bunch of built up nitro keeping them from switching over and then in pick back up hitting them hard. Thinking about using some 30-10-10 at the start of flower to really give them a kick in the pants but I've worked very hard to keep it all organic so far so it seems like going backwards

old school
07-05-2010, 12:17 PM
That's true for sure and next year I wont plant any mothers but put those in the light dep and take a bunch of clones in mid March so I can plant my beds in early April ( will have hoop houses over each row) That way my clone plants will get huge also I am going to use some different genetics next year with a little more scoot to them.

Things start to show like they're going to bud towards the end of the month around here. I'm going to dose them hard one more time and then back off so there isn't a bunch of built up nitro keeping them from switching over and then in pick back up hitting them hard. Thinking about using some 30-10-10 at the start of flower to really give them a kick in the pants but I've worked very hard to keep it all organic so far so it seems like going backwards

Really....30-10-10 at the start of flowering??????? The bulk of my plants...( which are all med plants) are starting to flower now... Unsure if I should be giving only flowering nutes so soon or mix it up a little....?????

If you are interested I can share some genitics....I have seeds that are 30 + years and still germinate....

The wind is killing me!!!! Hope it calms down soon...Peace.........OLDSCHOOL

kiefcake
07-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Well some people I know use either 30 10 10 or 20 20 20 at the start of flower then taper off in to using only organics to finish to raise the quality level but I'm thinking I'm not going to be on the Grow More program..I worked too hard to stay NOP certified..

sibannac
07-05-2010, 07:56 PM
you should try indonesian or jamaican bat guano to get your Phos. indo is usally
(.5-12-.3) and jamaican is (1-10-.2). Budswel(0-7-0) is cool too cause it dissolves straight in water.

I just put jamaican guano on my grow sites then water it in. I like to add just alil fish nutes to the water because my plants have used up most of the Nitrogen in the soil durin veg, and the beasties helps break down the guano.

you'll still need a K source but i mix Palm Bunch Ash (0-0-30) in to my soil when i condition it so i don't really worry bout adding more. And some newjersey greensand is good too.

I also water'em with some molasses too but only up to halfway throu flowerin because the Magniesuim gives that harseness to the smoke you sometimes get.

old school
07-21-2010, 04:02 PM
Hi all! here's an update.... Flowers everywhere! Going to be an early harvest this year!!! Yea....The cleaners will have early work... It's good for all. Most all plants are flowering now.... Looks great so far... Still a ways to go. Peace.......OLDSCHOOL

itsfern420
07-22-2010, 04:35 AM
DAYUM
lookin good old

old school
07-22-2010, 01:13 PM
Thanx 420!!!! Crazy you responded....when I got in my car yesterday thats the milage I had on the trip computer.420.Right on... Gettin a little rain! I am having to mix up seperate nutes ...some are flowerin and some are still veggin.... Nice to see some mature flowers sooo early.... Peace ........OLDSCHOOL

Juan Valdez
07-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Hey old school, amazing healthy grow. Wow,are you a grower cannabis?
You are a woodcutter mon , DAM กก :)

Congratulations. Peace. Beauty garden.

One question , in last 4 pic's what strain is it the plant IMG name: 0826 ??? ===))))

Valdez.

old school
07-23-2010, 12:44 PM
Hey old school, amazing healthy grow. Wow,are you a grower cannabis?
You are a woodcutter mon , DAM กก :)

Congratulations. Peace. Beauty garden.

One question , in last 4 pic's what strain is it the plant IMG name: 0826 ??? ===))))

Valdez.

Thank you...That is the Reserva Privada... Purple Wreck....It is a non purple pheno.........Flowers EXTRA early and all...

And oh yea it is in a greenhouse... They seem to like the filtered sunshine!!! Peace.....OLDSCHOOL

Juan Valdez
07-23-2010, 03:02 PM
Purple Wreck? looks like a good Sativa, beauti plant. ==))

peace
Valdez

old school
07-27-2010, 04:48 PM
Purple Wreck? looks like a good Sativa, beauti plant. ==))

peace
Valdez

It's a cross .....Trainwreck(T1) x Purple Urkel.....Valdez,I would love to trade some genetics....

old school
08-02-2010, 03:16 AM
Here's a shot of the purple wreck plant in the greenhouse... Starting to get a little frost on her... Third photo is a Purple Wreck outside . This is the purple pheno...She smells so good... Buds are about bottle size now and we still are a ways off.Seems like a early harvest ? Last photo is my personal favorite Blueberry x T1.This plant is a super high yielder and never any surprizes...she always performs...The seed came from Northern cali.. covelo /Mina road in 2005 and I grew the first crop for seed here in Colorado...These plants stand out above all the others in the garden. Peace........Oldschool

old school
08-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Purple Wreck on left.....Blueberry x T1 on right.....So hard to pick a favorite.... Look at te flower production on the PW and i'm not even light depoing it !!! Picked first one Aug. 5th. Thats very early for sure!!!:smoke1: Peace........OLDSCHOOL

kiefcake
08-09-2010, 12:03 AM
Your Urk x T1 looks bad ass. If you got T1 crosses from Covelo I bet we know some of the same people. Big love. D

old school
08-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Your Urk x T1 looks bad ass. If you got T1 crosses from Covelo I bet we know some of the same people. Big love. D

Thanx Kief!!! I am very excited to cross my BB x T1 with a strain I call "Purps Again" ....Its a backcross of Purps that I re seeded in Colorado and I am bringing them togather kinda like Purple wreck....only different. I have a large "boned" T1 x BB male I am getting ready to move inside for the pollen collection process....Lots of crosses this year:)Peace...... OLDSCHOOL

NUC
08-09-2010, 03:28 PM
wooow man thats sick !! really nice looking monsters you got there!

Batiba
08-09-2010, 03:29 PM
damn nice work

old school
08-10-2010, 02:32 PM
Thank You! I love being a med grower.

old school
08-11-2010, 03:33 PM
Here's another Purple Wreck bud.... This is the purple pheno.....I think she is going to finish in a week....Colorado growers,This plant finishes here before september even comes...something to think about!:pipe: Peace.....OLDSCHOOL

old school
08-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Here's the mother PW.... Shes a hefty girl... I like my girls on the "large" side:) Peace.....OLDSCHOOL

old school
08-12-2010, 01:24 PM
Here's a few more shots.... Greenhouse "Purp's Again" and outside ladies.... Peace....OLDSCHOOL

old school
08-16-2010, 12:52 PM
We are down to under a month and a half till this seasons over ....again!Everything flowering now...Some very fast!Here's a few shots taken yesterday. Enjoy....Peace...........OLDSCHOOL

lazyglass
08-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Mmmm flowering... Love seein your family grow up, can't belive its almost over already heh.

old school
08-22-2010, 01:22 PM
We have some weather coming in so I need to take the Purple Wreck down starting today... All the trics are mostly "milky" ,so here we go ....Our "monsoon" rains are comming back and we are getting allot of wind also. It is starting to knock the large plants over. I am worried they could "snap" off at the stems ,,,as large as they are. Enjoy your day!!! Peace.........OLDSCHOOL

old school
08-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Garden shot!

Juan Valdez
08-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Hi oldschool, i see your great plant's with big pleasure, dont stop my friend !!!!

Happy Tokes.

J.Valdez

old school
08-24-2010, 12:13 PM
Hi oldschool, i see your great plant's with big pleasure, dont stop my friend !!!!

Happy Tokes.

J.Valdez

Thank you so much Juan! I will keep the photo's coming! Fall has come early in Colorado! Last year we had a killing FREEZE on Sept.22. I was kind of prepared but not really....Temps were in the low 20's for almost a week...It was terrible! this year I am so blessed. I have many strains I have created here at 7800 feet. The strains I have been breeding finish very Quick outside..... Peace......OLDSCHOOL

old school
08-24-2010, 08:17 PM
Heres a couple from today ...I will edit and add breed info...Peace.....OLDSCHOOL

old school
08-24-2010, 08:42 PM

Happy Tokes.

J.Valdez

Todays posted photos made me think of you Juan....

mbfunk420
08-24-2010, 10:18 PM
loving the garden shot olds

Grampaganja
08-26-2010, 07:38 PM
I have really enjoyed your pics. Your garden is amazing. I know we are close to the same age as I have been a grower for 35+ yrs. I enjoy seeing other peoples hard work turn out so outstanding. Would you believe this one in a fifty gal plastic drum. Have fun.

Juan Valdez
09-03-2010, 03:00 AM
Simplemente Bravo !! Big Branches ,and strongs plants, good selections Grampaganja and Old School.

Sativa's at 3.500 mts

RooRripRoadie
09-04-2010, 07:38 PM
Wow wow wee wow... that thing is fucking huge mad props bro

old school
09-15-2010, 12:02 PM
Hey all you ganja growers.... He is a little update... getting close now !!!

Green Supreme
09-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Holy crap dude. Satty heaven. Keep up the good work. Peace GS