PDA

View Full Version : Mushrooms and the Christmas Tradition

YukonBikerGuy
01-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Interesting read on the link between mushrooms and early pagan and modern religious christmas traditions.

http://www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2008/09/santa-claus-magic-mushroom.html

Enjoy, YBG

OnlyHighGrade
01-29-2010, 09:04 PM
i was trimming around the holidays and one of my older, more educated co workers enlightened me on this very thing. It made christmas a lot more meaningful for me personally.

Supposedly, Santa's red and white uniform comes from the colors in the mushroom and putting presents under the tree mimics the act of mushrooms appearing under trees like gifts from god.

I'm sure your article covers all his so I will stop ruining it for everyone with the cliff notes.

thanks YBG!

quix
01-30-2010, 05:39 PM
Loving the amanitas popping up in my yard around christmas time. Would not be the same without them. Would be even cooler if I had a mushroom crazed shaman climbing on my roof to deliver the holy sacrament.

graemegreens88
09-10-2011, 07:35 AM
It may have been posted some time ago but I am new here, it is very interesting and is very much the same theory as was put forward by John Allegro in the book 'The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross" which argued that the early christian religion was based on pagan rituals involving psychedelic mushrooms. Even down here in Australia we get the amanitas and they have come up in a neighbours front yard (now in paper bag in my cupboard hehe).

Syloafmaf
11-17-2011, 10:27 AM
A couple of years ago, one of my nieces asked for all Christmas gifts to be in the form of donations to a mission trip to South America, that she was planning on attending. I do rather like your idea, Valker.