PDA

View Full Version : unknown sprouts at 10 days old. What cha guys think for starters?

tyger420
01-30-2010, 06:13 AM
Ive been keeping them under 20/4 hour light cycles for the time being, I am using roughly around 240 watts of wide spectrum plant/aquarium florescent bulbs. I have been keeping the watering at the beginning of the light cycles and they seem to be happy.

Here are a few pics to share with everyone.

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/4/2/5/7/SNC00087.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/4/2/5/7/SNC00089.jpg
Oops got kitty hair in the pic, each new leaf is more covered then the last!

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/4/2/5/7/SNC00090.jpg
Interesting looking stems, first time I've gotten a redish color.

Any advice or more info on light cycles would be appreciated in advance ;)

domm11
02-16-2010, 10:43 PM
those look real healthy =)

BigManNew
02-16-2010, 11:50 PM
What type of seeds did you use?

sibannac
02-22-2010, 06:48 PM
red stems could be a K problem or it cna be genetic. I've had romulan and the stems always went red. And what kinda weed is this stuff from?

tyger420
02-24-2010, 02:24 AM
unfortunately Im not able to buy seeds, so I take what friends give me to plant, some are good looking, some not so, but its a game of hit and miss for the time being. out of the 10 im down to 1, its limping along now at the one month mark a few days ago. I added one 100 watt what seems to be a reptile light that has a glass pack in side, some kind of metal halide bulb that doesnt need more then a 120v socket and cable.

I have 12 more germinating we will see what those end up being, as for pictures I will probably make a new posting in the next few days, my single plant is growing, but doing funny things.. most all of the leaves on the plant I have now are curling not from the sides, but from the stem all the way to the tips where they almost curl under.. i can only guess that its from only useing florescent lights, now that I have more light in the area it might help..

thats about all for now.. I will bring pics in the next few days!

YukonBikerGuy
02-24-2010, 04:26 AM
I think you are experiencing 2 problems. Lack of and improper type lighting, and overfeeding.

I think you will find that "one 100 watt what seems to be a reptile light " is definatley not the best light to be growing with. Plant and aquarium bulbs are available for both T-5 and T-8 type florecent fixtures, and there are several types of Compact Florecent bulbs designed for growing plants that give the correct spectrums (get 1 for veg, and 1 for flower). Personally I believe that HID lighting (MH and/or HPS) gives the best canopy penetration and results. In my local grow store last week I saw a 150W HPS ballast, bulb, and hood set for about $150..... and those are the 'cheap' lighting solutions. Personally I wasn't happy with the results I got untill I started using the 400W HID sets, and then I started getting the decent nugs I was after. Now I rock the 1000W lamps and you cannot beat the solid fully developed big chunky buds they produce. Big light = big buds.

Leaf curl on seedlings is often a sign of too much food. The outside (or the inside) of the leaf surface starts to develop much faster than the rest of the same leaf, resulting in the curl. A seed has enough nutes in it for its first 2-3 weeks or so of life, and then should be fed sparingly at first, and then work up to full strength feedings over time.

The basic building blocks for a succsessful grow are: Light, food, water, warm ambient temprature and a supply of fresh air (or CO2). If you skimp on any one of these, the plants cannot utilize the others fully, skimp on a couple and you will have spotty results at best and a complete failure at worst.

Hope this proves helpfull to you and others.
YBG