PDA

View Full Version : What the Male /female ?

driftwood
02-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Well I'm just about done with my girls at the moment . They are finishing up (hope soon) sitting under a 600w hps for 12 .
I noticed a few things in the last week or so that I have yet to see in my previous grows . But most of my grows start outside and finish inside as I get too much mold at the important part . So this is one of my first 100% indoor .
So the 3 things I have noticed .
1) a seed or 2 on a handful of the tops.
2) What another thread on here refered to as a "male acorn" ? I can see a handfull a well .
3) yet again on another thread (I do believe here, sometimes I'm stoned and forget where I read things ....yes it happens ... Fox tailing of the buds . I mean the buds have tails everywhere ? Not straight cones like I get most of the time .
Causes ?
I'm now in week 9 1/2 with 3 weeks of flush and they still don't look done to me . But ooh so tasty looking .
Still have clear to cloudy heads .
Advise ?
Cause I still learn even as a old dog ...

Green Supreme
02-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Sounds like you have a hermie if not a full on male. If one planty has only the acorns you speak of maybe toss that one. Foxtailing can be genetic, but can be caused by extreme heat. Good luck and let me know if that clears thingss up for you. Peace GS

driftwood
02-03-2010, 12:39 AM
I believe it to be a hermi . As he/she has buds the size of my head ! And was taken as a cutting from a previous mother. i don't think it could have anything to do with temps being too high . My highs are 77 with the lows in 68-70 range . Humidity is 30-40% with the dehumidifier going . No C02 for the last month .
Just strange to see as I have been growing this strain for the last 3 years , and haven't had this issue .
Also I don't believe that any of my neighbors have anything going (I know them all ) so I can't see me getting any pollination from outside sources

CalcioErba2004
03-10-2010, 08:51 PM
highs of 77 and lows of 68-70...foxtailing and hermies on a strain that has never done that before for you? Something is different. It did that for a reason and if it has never done it before the cause has to be environmental. Make sure you have no light leaks and that your thermometer is working properly. The only thing I can think that would cause foxtailing is high heat and the herms could be for many reasons but most of the time its light leaks that do it. Hope you get it figured out. :) Keep it danK!