PDA

View Full Version : *Need of TORO 7/13 REPAIR*

4avalon4
02-03-2010, 03:08 PM
FMB
Recently snapped 3 perks from the top (13 perk) section. They broke off clean from the top, where they were secured. I have seen pictures of someone else's TORO7/13 which was fixed from a problem like this. Does anyone suggest any repairmen to help out? I am either going to try a local glass blower, sell it for cheap, or try to trade... I don't know yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
-avalon

Tobybologna
02-03-2010, 03:50 PM
There's actually a thread going like this right now with a circ; you could have searched this I bet. The general go-to answers are grunge-off thoroughly and check in with preston at SGW, or even send it back to the toro camp. Easiest repair is to just seal those three holes I think.

yawbus
02-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Lennon Glass FTW

diatribe
02-03-2010, 06:00 PM
lennon can pull this off, seen him do it before :)

mikeys
02-03-2010, 06:17 PM
3rd for lennnon, but SGW might be able to pull it off as well...not many people like to deal with broken perc trees..you could also send it to toro but there are so busy you would be waiting for awhile...

ripps
02-03-2010, 06:36 PM
I saw a inline/13 repaired by lennon that looked pretty clean. Looked like he went in through the perc chamber wall, sealed the holes in the 13 arm and closed the wall back up

kmartel
02-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Im getting rid of my 7/13. About2 months old, orange label. Can get you name/date pics if your interested. Perfect condition other than minor surface scratch on back of tube. Scratch is about 1 cm tall.

mikeys
02-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Im getting rid of my 7/13. About2 months old, orange label. Can get you name/date pics if your interested. Perfect condition other than minor surface scratch on back of tube. Scratch is about 1 cm tall.

Don't think this is a for sale thread man...

kmartel
02-03-2010, 09:06 PM
ah my bad i missed the repair part at the end of the title

keithonfire
02-03-2010, 09:10 PM
dude even if it is a repair thread your not supposed to be selling shit on this site period!!! did u ever think doing shit like this might keep u out of the new glass market when it comes back up??? do any of u rookies out there think before u type prob not !!!

keepinitreeel
02-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Austin has a lot of good glass blowers for fixing broken tubes....in case you wanted some help around here...

kmartel
02-04-2010, 01:48 AM
dude even if it is a repair thread your not supposed to be selling shit on this site period!!! did u ever think doing shit like this might keep u out of the new glass market when it comes back up??? do any of u rookies out there think before u type prob not !!!

Maybe you should be posting on all the WTB threads then?

Edit: Oh sorry i didnt realise i was doing with such a vet here. That Aug 2009 date is so far away from sep 2009. Did i not say my mistake or was there a need for you to pretend to be a mod and sound like a complete tool? Think before you type? Why is there so much goddamn hate on this site. http://fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6625

For the sake of not derailing this thread anymore just please don't bother replying. I wont be.

keithonfire
02-04-2010, 02:49 AM
tool? dude ur a fool u have no respect!! u should know better than to try to sell ur tube here!! and no im not a mod and no i havent been on this site that long but i know not to sell glass on this site unless its in the "glass market" that i do know and that i do respect but obviously ur stupid ass cant!!

bghjkl
02-04-2010, 02:58 AM
*cough*quitbitching*cough*

but i've seen a 13arm toro perc with one broken arm, and lennon just poked a hole in the glass wall, right in front of the broken arm, and just went in and removed the broken arm and sealed the hole shut, so the perc had 12 arms. i dont know how he'd feel about doing 3...but preston doesn't fuck with broken trees.

Tobybologna
02-04-2010, 03:05 AM
Ahh good to know. Good to see the thread on topic too...

ShatterWulf
02-04-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm looking to contact Lennon for a repair, how might one reach him?

abuse
02-04-2010, 10:20 PM
I think you can contact Lennon on TC forums

ShatterWulf
02-04-2010, 10:45 PM
I think you can contact Lennon on TC forums

Anywhere not on TC? last thing I need is another forum in my life :p.

bghjkl
02-04-2010, 11:28 PM
through glasspipes?

JamesDean
02-05-2010, 01:59 AM
WHILE I CAN'T SPEAK FOR PRESTON, when I contacted him about getting a tube repair done, he said he was not looking to get into any extensive repairs atm. I believe he is trying to ramp up production on his awesome waffles, inverted 4, etc... tubes.

Haven't heard a bad word about Lennon yet, and I saw the inline/13 he repaired. It looked about as clean as a repaired bong can look, which is saying a lot considering the type of repair it was. He does go in through the perc wall and seal off the busted arms, and he makes it look good.

G'luck!

4avalon4
02-05-2010, 05:13 AM
So just by any chance do any of you know Preston as far as giving out his email or contact info or helping me get in touch with him about fixing this tube of mine.

gbk.xscape
02-05-2010, 04:25 PM
http://www.stoneglassworks.com/