PDA

View Full Version : Fear and Loathing

kmartel
02-04-2010, 06:23 AM
Best lsd movie ever imo, anyone see this?

Tobybologna
02-04-2010, 07:11 AM
Good movie in general I'd say. You should read the book too, it's closely based on the author's life.

kmartel
02-04-2010, 07:14 AM
yeah i would say its a good movie in general but i feel like you would understand it more on lsd. Its such a trip. Do you know if that "andrinomin" is real? Im sure thats spelled horribly wrong but its the stuff that said was like 10x's mescaline.

Think I will order the book, thanks for that

Tobybologna
02-04-2010, 04:35 PM
I think it's supposed to be DMT, he talks about it occurring naturally in the brain and such, I think they just chose to use a different name.

OnlyHighGrade
02-04-2010, 08:29 PM
TRIVIA:::: Where did Hunter S. Thompson (R.I.P) acquire the phrase, "fear and loathing..."????

Clue: it's from a book.

PS- Go see the documentary Gonzo about the authors life. Much more interesting than Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas IMHO.

kmartel
02-05-2010, 01:14 AM
TRIVIA:::: Where did Hunter S. Thompson (R.I.P) acquire the phrase, "fear and loathing..."????

Clue: it's from a book.

PS- Go see the documentary Gonzo about the authors life. Much more interesting than Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas IMHO.
DR. Gonzo is one crazy mother fucker, i believe it.

BudaLuva555
02-05-2010, 06:17 AM
Another good one is "Where the Buffalo Roam" with Bill Murray its also a Hunter S thompson article in vegas

and i believe its "phantom of the Opera" that he discovers the name for the articles

OnlyHighGrade
02-06-2010, 12:17 AM
^^^^ I read in an old Rolling Stone interview that it was actually Lord of the Flies. I am currently re-reading the book and found where the phrase it appears, which is the only reason I believe it to be true.

themasochist
02-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Hunter Thompson was an amazing writer not just your typical drugged out freak. Wrote for Rolling stone and published many books and articles as well. I suggest you check them out I am partial to The Rum Diaries myself.

Also its Adrenachrone(spelling) which he procured from a satanist freak. He then discusses chewing on someones adrenal gland.

Sidenote in the scene where Hunter starts triping in the lobby and is overhearing a phone call from a man with a cowboy hat on, he is talking about satanist freaks chopping her head off and harvesting her adrenal gland I am pretty sure.

hashINout
02-06-2010, 01:56 AM
not as trippy of a movie but "were the buffalo roam" is killer2its a few years older but a good sit back and smoke movie

WaTdAbLuNt420
02-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Hunter S. Thompson - The Crazy Never Die

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7866174144124486320#

kmartel
02-09-2010, 07:47 PM
"post any info, pics stories about NATURAL psycheldics(LSD will be tolerated)"

Hope that answers your question about LSD being tolerated >.>