PDA

View Full Version : Luke Wilson - Mini Beaker - 10 arm - mini 5 arm downstem

Aqua Lab Tech
02-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Here are a few photos of the New Luke Wilson / Leisure Glass Piece

It is a Mini Beaker with 10 Arm Tree Perc and a mini 5 arm dowstem.

This is now my daily piece and I am enjoying it more everday!!

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/8/8/7/AQL-20100207-12.jpg

Soon Luke will be making the mini 5 arm downstems for everybody to buy and use with any piece.

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/8/8/7/AQL-20100207-16.jpg

Aqua Lab Tech

DCALLSTARR
02-13-2010, 07:08 PM
saw these, they look sick as hell! but wouldnt tipping the beaker on an angle in order to get the best possible diffusion out of the mini 5arm down stem make the 10 arm not function as well?

id have to see a diffusion video i dont think it should be a problem i doubt a mad scientist like luke wilson would ever put out a new design that didnt function incredibly!

i hope i can hit one of these soon..

(ek9)budz
02-13-2010, 07:47 PM
^^x2 saw these and really wanna see some milk

Hydrophilic
02-13-2010, 07:48 PM
Whats the joint size on the mini5 downstem?

Tobybologna
02-13-2010, 08:11 PM
It's an 18-14 lopro I believe. Me want...

NYCtoker420
02-13-2010, 08:16 PM
im thinkin abou pickin this up but not sure yet 300$ ? not too bad but i mean u guys see there vertigo oil circ bubs and king circ bubs for less or same price ? id have to see a milk shot to decide like some help if anyone could lol ?

Tobybologna
02-13-2010, 08:22 PM
I think they're worth it, but I kind of wish Luke would start reinforcing his trees. I think beakers like this are ideal for sticking in your backpack and running around with. My fixed stems are too fragile or too big for that. In general I think pieces like this are sweet for that reason over all; convenience!

NYCtoker420
02-13-2010, 08:27 PM
^^^^true but dont u think like u said not reinforcing thoughs trees and bein a beaker thinning it out in the processes of makin it make it a little more fragile then maybe this kinda style in a striaght tube i think would be AWESOME.but then again i WANNA SEE SOME MILKS lol lmao really.im thinkin realy hard im thinkin it might go quick too so i might just scoop it lol well see what happends

thanks Toby good points :)

NYCtoker420

Tobybologna
02-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Yeah I would man! Enjoy the piece if you do. And about the thinning base argument with the beaker, I have heard that, and I think it can be true. I had a Roor US beaker back in the day that suffered from the thin base syndrome very badly but I still honestly believe the design of the beaker bottom (blown properly) is much more structurally sound than pedestals. I've dropped beakers many times in my life and those babies just bounce in the right situation. Probably because the base never protrudes like a pedestal. There are so many stress points on the base around a straight, though, I think you can imagine the difference.

DaNK
02-13-2010, 09:08 PM
I believe all of Lukes trees are reinforced now. He just puts a small weld at the bottom of each tree.

Aqua Lab Tech
02-13-2010, 11:13 PM
saw these, they look sick as hell! but wouldnt tipping the beaker on an angle in order to get the best possible diffusion out of the mini 5arm down stem make the 10 arm not function as well?

id have to see a diffusion video i dont think it should be a problem i doubt a mad scientist like luke wilson would ever put out a new design that didnt function incredibly!

i hope i can hit one of these soon..

You need to look at the mini 5 arm downstem and just a mini 5 arm diffusor downstem. Not a tree perc on a downstem. What this downstem does is break up the smoke into 5 different mini tubes forcing smoke into the water. True Smoke Diffusion..

The 5 arm mini downstem has no drag helping make the 10 arm tree percolate to its fullest.

These 10 arm trees are not reinforced, if they were reinforced it would have alot of drag, and not work properly.

This piece is like an Advanced upgrade to the Wicked Sands Mini beakers.
Those had a normal 2 or 3 slit diffusor downstem and a Mini 10 arm tree perc.

This piece is a good solid travel piece not to worry on that!!

The Mini 5 arm downstem is a Female 14/20 joint by UST Glass.
( Coming Soon Separatly )

I will try to get some action shots soon....

Aqua Lab Tech

themasochist
02-14-2010, 12:15 AM
I am gonna snap up one of those mini 5 arms fo sho! Look epic! This in my Migrant mini will be a solid setup.

jafolker
02-17-2010, 08:01 PM
I dont agree with the reinforced statement. Yes closing the ends of the arms does restrict the flow but if the slits are still big enough with that many arms there shouldn't be much drag. Toro's reinforced 13s still flow like crazy compared to many trees

Hieronymus Bosch
02-18-2010, 12:20 AM
I dont agree with the reinforced statement. Yes closing the ends of the arms does restrict the flow but if the slits are still big enough with that many arms there shouldn't be much drag. Toro's reinforced 13s still flow like crazy compared to many trees

Yea, I have one of the toro reinforced 8's, the flow is great, drag is minuscule.

MWK
02-22-2010, 12:11 AM
I JUST ordered one of these!
I cannot wait.......:)
Does Luke have any sig on his tubes?

Freebird17
02-22-2010, 12:44 AM
I JUST ordered one of these!
I cannot wait.......:)
Does Luke have any sig on his tubes?

No sig that I know of, but you NEEEED to do a review once you get it! Definitely a sick pick up

MWK
02-22-2010, 01:06 AM
^^^
Most definitely man.:bong:
EDIT: I just realized there's no splash guard, hopefully I have no issues with that.....

dankocalypse
02-22-2010, 03:40 AM
i got one a few days ago from aqua labers its awesome pulls super smooth and no splash back at all even with a heavy hit

these things are awesome, I would suggest it as anyones dailydriver, its def mine

lukes signature is his superb craftsmanship, he doesnt have to write his name

WaTdAbLuNt420
02-22-2010, 04:04 AM
i got one a few days ago from aqua labers its awesome pulls super smooth and no splash back at all even with a heavy hit

post up a milk vid

Aqua Lab Tech
02-23-2010, 04:02 AM
Here is a video of the first prototype in action!!

The prototype has a different downstem angle and the 10 arm can is a little over sized. The production model is on point!!

http://vimeo.com/9345196

Aqua Lab Tech

TheLionWillSpeak
02-25-2010, 02:26 AM
Wow this thing really is a sick mini I duno if i want this or a toro mini . More milk please !

Elemental
03-05-2010, 03:04 PM
Thanks a bunch ALT!