PDA

View Full Version : Dry Sift the best choice?

Jurrasic 5
02-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Hey everyone I had a question pertaining to dry sift's effectiveness with limited material.

Dry sift seems much easier than bubble or BHO to make and I'm fairly new to hash making with my only batches being QWISO (quick wash isopropyl aclohol). I'm interested in making something that's not garbage and dry sift seems like the place to start.

My question is if it is worth it to make this glorious product with a limited amount of plant material to process. I'm going to be starting a small CFL grow soon but this will also be a first for me so I'm not even worried about yields til my second run.

If you think some other form of hash is more sensible with limited quantities please share as I would like to hear some thoughts.

Thanks,
J5

JamesDean
02-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Unfortunately, most hash heads will tell you that good full melt dry sift is more of an art than anything else. You really gotta practice before you get close to full melt.

Hop into chat and talk to Bubbleman, he'll be able to point you in the right direction.

YukonBikerGuy
02-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Also, for the record..... anything made with a solvent (ie iso or butane) is not hash, it is an oil.

Returns on bubblehash run about 3-10% Assuming 5%, 10g of herb contains .5g of hash on it in unharvested trichs.

Dry sift collects those same trichs in a different way, so somewhere in the same neighborhood. Depends on how aggressivley you work your material... work it lightly and get the best product but lowest yields.... or work it hard and get better yields but lower quality due to increases plant matter contamination.

Hope this helps some.
YBG

Aqua Lab Tech
02-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Nice Post Yukon!!

¨Also, for the record..... anything made with a solvent (ie iso or butane) is not hash, it is an oil.¨

100% TRUE.

Aqua Lab Tech

doobiehuffer
02-21-2010, 02:31 AM
what ive been doing lately to get a decent yeild /purity potency is first get your buds bone dry.

i then cut em up with scissors over bubblemans screen set. i clean the dry sift up after a long rough carding and get 4 diff grades 2 usually full melt on 70 and 107 and 2 crap regular kief no melt bottom dish/collection plate and second screen.

i then take that already kiefed cannabis thats been rough carded and appears to have nothing left and freeze it then run it through 15 min bubblenow. i discard the first 4 bags and keep the 90 73 45 and 25. i find this yeilds the best for my techniques(including small runs 30-60 grams or so). i was quite surprised on the water hash return AFTER kiefing the cannabis already :) so if you decide to go the dry sift route you might want to save what looks like trash after kiefing :) enjoy your hashing :) peace

whatissixbynine
02-21-2010, 09:43 AM

doobiehuffer
02-21-2010, 11:36 AM
i dont have a scale so i cant answer with any degree of accuracy sorry. i just like dry sift so i make that first. also ive never done two water runs in a row so i cant compare.

Kif it Kunta
02-22-2010, 12:12 AM
(depending on your technique and goal) two runs with either Bubble bags or Bubble box will trip 95%+ of the available resin on the material

so will a run through the Bubble box then work the remains through the Bubble bags.

use a microscope or magnifying glass to monitor your progress.....a 20x or 30x magnifying glass is a hashers best friend...look at your material before, during and after!

Sam_Skunkman
12-16-2010, 09:28 AM
I found that even after dry sifting I still found up-to 50% of the THC still in the debris.
I confirmed this with GC analysis. I found water sifting removes up-to 90%.
-SamS

Bubbleman
12-17-2010, 05:06 PM
Damn... Sweet quote Sam... not sure i could have paid you to say that lol..

eitherway.. percentage's in my opinion go out the door with the level of YOUR quality...

Hopefuly will get the newest shots up of the resin I took this last trip to amsterdam...

Peace
Bubble man

HumboldtSmoka420
12-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Returns on bubblehash run about 3-10% Assuming 5%, 10g of herb contains .5g of hash on it in unharvested trichs.

YBG

I've gotten 19% and 20% once! Lots of buds though :)

Tjmeck
09-21-2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah me and my buddy have gotten 20 percent yeild with some
Super good sour diesel

DrySiftWizard
11-27-2011, 05:05 AM
Yeah me and my buddy have gotten 20 percent yeild with some
Super good sour diesel

Purity > Yield.

20% means it didn't melt clear at all.

Cheers.

Tjmeck
11-28-2011, 01:03 PM
Different runs dipshit ;)

DrySiftWizard
11-28-2011, 11:19 PM
Different runs dipshit ;)

Wow.. bragging about getting more than everyone else yield wise on... gasp.. more than one run.

Yet i'm the dip.

Care to share pictures of this 20% magic yield of melt?

hmmmtastey
11-30-2011, 12:28 PM
I don't like doing more than one run, sure you can get almost as much as the first run, occasionally more, but it doesn't melt very well...

DrySiftWizard
07-25-2013, 08:01 PM
I don't like doing more than one run, sure you can get almost as much as the first run, occasionally more, but it doesn't melt very well...

My "A" Grade, as well as the "B" both melt nicely. The "C" stuff is still better than almost everyone else i've come across. If you're doing it right you should be able to use the same trim more than once to acquire full melt. Been doing so for 10+ years now.