PDA

View Full Version : Seems real gritty!?

GLandGUY
02-25-2010, 01:41 AM
I'm getting down to the end of a MEGA run of BUBBLE making. There are some recent batches that seem alot more gritty. Is there dirt in my BUBBLE?? I'm not sure if it's that or if i am just getting down to some serious heads?? Using 8 bags with 7 minutes gentle custom spoon.

fullmeltbubble
02-25-2010, 02:00 AM
the consistency of hash never ceases to amaze me...i've seen all forms of consistnacy and to be able to pinpoint what will melt by look or feel is impossible......

GLandGUY
02-25-2010, 02:14 AM
Yeah, I've only been using an 8 bag kit for a little while now. There has definately been some different and amazing new discoveries. Do you use any other means of determining quality and purity???

doobiehuffer
02-25-2010, 03:07 AM
if the hash hasnt been pressed with much force while wet or dry(trichomes havent been squished together)
i would look at it broken up under high magnification 100x-200x hopefully you could determine what exactly the GRIT is? anytime ive magnified and seen lots of heads i can always know before even smoking it or applying heat that it will melt i then puff it and confirm :) so you can tell by look alone but you need to be super eyes 200x zoom haha :) peace

DrBudGreengenes
02-25-2010, 10:08 AM
if the hash hasnt been pressed with much force while wet or dry(trichomes havent been squished together)
i would look at it broken up under high magnification 100x-200x hopefully you could determine what exactly the GRIT is? anytime ive magnified and seen lots of heads i can always know before even smoking it or applying heat that it will melt i then puff it and confirm :) so you can tell by look alone but you need to be super eyes 200x zoom haha :) peace

So what does
"Full melt"
look like and how does it
Differ from "Not Melt"?

"Just lottsa Heads"?

doobiehuffer
02-25-2010, 11:17 AM
ya as far as ive noticed. so far anything that has high amount of heads/contaminate ratio has always melted. i only started magnifying recently tho. also stuff that doesnt melt under 200x magnify is just contaminated beyond belief but looks like a nice brown hash to the naked eye. so someone please if they are magnifying and see all heads and NOT getting a melt speak up cause i would like to know hehe :) peace

YukonBikerGuy
02-25-2010, 07:15 PM
I have had some hash come out almost like sand or sugar type gritty.... dunno if its the same. was uber melty hash. I usually see the 'granular' type hash in the 120µ screen myself.

If there is dirt in your starting material, particles of it will make it thru the bags, sorted by size, right along with the hash.

Sure hope yours is the sugar kind, and not dirt in the mix.
YBG

fullmeltbubble
02-25-2010, 07:40 PM
having mostly heads is NOT a sure fire sign of fmcd....some strains waxy membrane is much thicker than others....

doobiehuffer
02-25-2010, 08:41 PM
thanks. good to know. i have yet to come across pure heads that dont melt well. will keep an eye open tho.