PDA

View Full Version : The Joint in Boston, Robbed - Look Out for this glass

Theo
02-26-2010, 02:04 AM
Lets be on a lookout for this glass.

YouTube- Security Video.wmv

"ATTENTION FELLOW BOSTONIANS AND PIPE ENTHUSIASTS:

On 2/25/10 at approximately 5:45am, two lowlife thieves broke into The Joint and stole a couple ridiculous items. The following video is security footage from the event and details what was stolen. At one point, the thief was so dumb to put his face one foot away from a camera and had no idea. He is asking to get caught...

Any information on this glass travesty would be greatly appreciated and not go unnoticed. Please call 508-942-8259 or email [email protected] with any leads.

$2500 REWARD FOR INFORMATION ON THE WHEREABOUTS OF HOPS/AKM/ETR FRANKENSTEIN TUBE AND APPREHENSION OF LOWLIFES WHO STEAL GLASS"

Kudes25
02-26-2010, 02:27 AM
LOL did he drop one too?
That fucking blows, but I mean these dumbasses are pretty much fucked for being so stupid.
GL gettin this shit resolved, but it looks like they will get what's commin. Hopefully you get all your shit back

jdizzglass
02-26-2010, 02:32 AM
should get some pics up of every piece that was stolen
easier to eye out

Theo
02-26-2010, 02:35 AM
Yea, one of them grabbed a coil tube by the coil and the bottom fell and he just threw the top out. Fucking terrible. The pieces that were stolen was a MASSIVE HOPS/AKM/ETR FRANKENSTEIN tube. A couple other ones were triple glycerines, like an illy coil but it's quite a bit larger, all clear.

https://tokecity.com/forums/picture.php4?albumid=2172&pictureid=27912

DaNK
02-26-2010, 02:38 AM
Idiots!!!!!!!

EatYourEye
02-26-2010, 08:45 AM
looks to me like the other person might be a girl or a dude that walks hella funny

Freebird17
02-26-2010, 08:56 AM
I'm glad people are posting this around and getting it out there, thanks. I've definitely got my eyes and ears open(an acquaintance just got a hops inline tube, but it turned out to be a regular pea shooter.).
Anyone else around the Boston area should also save that pic (and print a few up). Maybe give a few to shops, post em in dorm lobbys , laundromats, T stops and shit.

themasochist
02-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Was the hops the tube he grabbed where you see his ugly ass face?

DaNK
02-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Yes it was a Hops collab called the Frankenstein Tube!

Theo
02-26-2010, 05:51 PM
Link to the big tube that was stolen: http://www.glasspipes.org/Gal39797_HOPS_AKM_ETR.asp

themasochist
02-26-2010, 06:01 PM
WOW thats amazing work! Double Castration for those dudes.

dontstepongrass
02-26-2010, 06:30 PM
*sharpens his blade*

ripps
02-26-2010, 07:07 PM
anybody that knows anything about glass knows not to pick up an illy coil by the tube. whats with that???

dontstepongrass
02-26-2010, 08:12 PM
what makes u so certain these dudes know much about glass, other than it cost alot?

they better hope the cops find em first...

Frosty
02-26-2010, 08:45 PM
I mean with as many people that have hakko's and butane torches around, the cops would be like angels compared to a group of heads

JamesDean
02-26-2010, 09:48 PM
I mean with as many people that have hakko's and butane torches around, the cops would be like angels compared to a group of heads

http://www.nndb.com/people/632/000025557/ving5-sized.jpg

"You hear me hill billy boy!?"

Best of luck finding it. Places that comes to mind to watch close: TK, iOffer, craigslist, ebay.

RooRiTuP
02-26-2010, 09:52 PM
"I mean with as many people that have hakko's and butane torches around, the cops would be like angels compared to a group of heads"
LOL:joker:

Don't help the Police!!!; I'm sure "The Joint" has insurance (if they dont they should). If the police were to find any of us with a bong (regardless whether it was purchased legally) we'd more than likely be arrested. Even if the great piece of art, which is the hops tube, is recovered I highly doubt the the Police will return it to The Joint (will be kept in a warehouse somewhere as evidence).:bongin:

yawbus
02-26-2010, 10:36 PM
wow that sucks but is that the best video they have of the break in? it seems kinda foolish to me to have high-end glass with a low end security system. it seems like they knew what they wanted so i would guess they have been there before but seriously get better cameras. if they had a good system with multiple cameras the faces would be on tape crystal clear.

maybe someone told them how shitty the camera was because i know if i was gonna break into a place that i knew had nice glass i would probably cover my face because i would assume that they would have a state of the art security system to protect their shit. karma's a bitch but you get caught slipping and somebodies gonna exploit that.

hope you get the glass back but in the mean time maybe they should invest in a better camera system.

jdizzglass
02-27-2010, 03:33 PM
Best of luck finding it. Places that comes to mind to watch close: TK, iOffer, craigslist, ebay.

there are plenty more markets than that available
....hmmmm lol

JamesDean
02-27-2010, 03:45 PM
there are plenty more markets than that available
....hmmmm lol

And dipshits who are dumb enough to steal glass in the first place probably don't know about them. iOffer is the Somalia of glass, and I've even seen my pics used to scam folks.

Regardless, judging by how awesome that hops colab is, I'm sure it'll stand out wherever they take it.

DaNK
02-27-2010, 04:19 PM
I guess the Joint doesnt carry crack pipes cause they look lost!

slippeh
02-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Yeah seriously, between grabbing 6 PH(x) tubes (when I know The Joint has the sickness) and dropping the Illy coil by grabbing it like a dumbass, these kids don't seem to know shit about glass. And his face is pretty crystal-fucking-clear on the 'low-end security system', so it's only a matter of time. I really doubt that kid stole the HOPS tube to cheef out of, probably thinks he's gonna flip it quick.

Vitaherb
02-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Not to be a dick but god damn that must be a rush!

I got two homies living in Boston these past few years ill send em that pic who ever hosted it of that guy...Thanks

OnlyHighGrade
02-27-2010, 07:56 PM
my buddies older brother did this to Ethnic Concepts in Newport Rhode Island almost a decade ago. He was only 16 and a total dumbass. The cops caught him in there because he was taking his time picking out what he wanted and the police station is less than a half mile down the street.

He broke one of those old 4 foot Sky glass tubes with like the 2 foot diffuser over a cops head. They then gave him the beating of his life. Broken ribs, jaw, nose, he didn't even look human.

No charges were filed, that's how badly they beet them. The store was ruined in the struggle. Luckily the shop had insurance and they were covered.

Unfortunately, dude was just way too much of a bad ass for this world, and died pretty tragically a couple years later.

I'm not promoting head shop theft in anyway. I grew up in New England and it seems like a common thing. Head shops, get bars on your windows!

yawbus
02-28-2010, 01:40 AM
Yeah seriously, between grabbing 6 PH(x) tubes (when I know The Joint has the sickness)

They probably took those because they are common and can be sold anywhere and they wouldn't stand out

tnbkrew
03-02-2010, 09:21 AM
what fuckin douches... i can;t believe he broke that one. :( makes me sad haha

Mr. Bongjangles
03-02-2010, 10:18 AM
That's fucked up...

I went ahead and re-tooled that picture of the thief so it might be a bit easier to recognize.. Added smaller versions to the corner as well, as sometimes blurred faces become more recognizable when shrunk.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/6517/thiefdude.jpg

nugglife
03-02-2010, 10:08 PM
thanks alot man ill definatly save this one and keep a look out. lol even tho im way out in cali, you never know.

Hoobastank
03-04-2010, 05:26 AM
As a Boston resident and a nug vigilante I will make sure I locate and rob this dude for that insane piece.

I still havent gotten around to checking out the place, but my heart fucking sunk when I read the thread title. I'm glad they didn't get jacked for more

bubblecrack
03-04-2010, 10:50 AM
looks to me like the other person might be a girl or a dude that walks hella funny

i agree. the person that didn't take the frankenstein tube had the posture and stride of a female.

sliv33
03-04-2010, 12:53 PM
wat dirtbag hope they get caught soon

Theo
03-07-2010, 02:26 AM
Copied directly from TheJoint's post on TC

!!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!

3/6/10 - The dumbass who stole Frankenstein is petrified and knows everyone is after him. Yesterday within an hour of returning from Vegas, he was identified at the Boston Police Department and knew he had no option but to return Frankenstein to its rightful owners....

It is believed this is when he shit his pants and knew he was going to jail for stealing ONE BIG ASS TUBE. He did not even have the balls to turn himself in with Frankenstein. Instead he made his parents drive in and drop it off. What a spineless coward! He did use the thing quite a bit so it is of no value to the store. Until he turns himself in, I cannot give you anymore information as this is an ongoing police investigation.

You can rest assured all others involved will be identified and prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Their information will be made public so all other stores will know who they are and keep an eye out for them.

We cannot thank you enough for all the support!! - The Joint Boston

Durka_Durka
03-07-2010, 03:29 AM
good shit.

OnlyHighGrade
03-07-2010, 06:40 AM
good to see the good guys win for a change.

tell the joint to throw it up on an auction to raise money to cover some of the damage.

maybe they don't want it, but i know plenty of people who do.... regardless, GOOD NEWS FOR THE BEAN!!!!

Theo
03-07-2010, 05:21 PM
good to see the good guys win for a change.

tell the joint to throw it up on an auction to raise money to cover some of the damage.

maybe they don't want it, but i know plenty of people who do.... regardless, GOOD NEWS FOR THE BEAN!!!!

They can't. The kid used it and once it's used once you're not legally allowed to sell it because instead of being a waterpipe it's not a piece of paraphernalia used for smoking weed.

JamesDean
03-07-2010, 05:56 PM
The kid

What a douchebag!

OnlyHighGrade
03-07-2010, 08:10 PM
They can't. The kid used it and once it's used once you're not legally allowed to sell it because instead of being a waterpipe it's not a piece of paraphernalia used for smoking weed.

I understand they're a business, and maybe are more concerned with following the rules, but I meant to auction it off on an online community such as this one. I'm sure some site would be down.

Or feel free to ship it to me in CA where 'weed' is medicine. :):):)

Simz
03-08-2010, 04:28 AM
^^ Pretty sure Theo meant to say that the police kept it for the ongoing investigation or since its been smoked from, its now illegal.

DCALLSTARR
03-09-2010, 07:21 PM
god who wouldnt wear a fucking mask... what idiots.