PDA

View Full Version : BubbleBags Vs. Generic Bags

salad931
02-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Can someone please post a video or explanation of why bubble bags are so superior to the less expensive brands?

Let me know if this is in the wrong forum

Lapides
03-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Have you tried both types?

salad931
03-01-2010, 12:02 AM
Nope, Im looking to buy one and figured saving up for bubblemans would be worth it.

just wanted to know if everyone on this site agreed it was better to wait for bubblemans

Lapides
03-01-2010, 12:07 AM
I'm pretty sure most, if not everyone, here will agree Bmans bags are worth it.

I mean, c'mon, they're made in Nepal.

Lapides
03-01-2010, 12:16 AM
I bought my first set of bubblebags over 7 years ago. I just recently had to get a new set, and I probably could have gotten away with just buying a new 73u and 45u bag, which is really all I needed.

I don't think the cheaper brands have even been around that long.

Bubblebags are worth it.

salad931
03-01-2010, 01:23 AM
Yeah I should probably decide what kind of hash I want to make an buy a couple of bubble bags

good call thanks
I was still wondering if someone had like a comparitive review or something

Mr. Bongjangles
03-01-2010, 01:27 AM
I've heard most of the super cheap brands are crap, but at least one kind I've used personally is pretty much identical to bubble bags in terms of materials and construction. Unfortunately they do not offer a proper 8 bag set, so I only recommend them as a supplement.

The slightly less expensive name brand bags are typically of similar quality, but will only save you a few dollars.

Since we're only talking about a few bucks, you may as well support bubbleman, who will have your back if there is some kind of problem with the bags, and who puts up this nice site for us to chill on. And whose bags are apparently not made in a sweatshop.

YukonBikerGuy
03-01-2010, 02:09 AM
- Bubbleman's production facilities in Nepal offer the chance for third world workers to earn first world wages. That to me says a lot about the man himself, and his products.

- Some cheapo brands dont offer 8 bag systems, and many of them don't even specify what micron each bag's screens are, just A,B,C etc.

- I dont know of any other bags that have a support/forum site like this, period.

- Product support is top notch, if on a rare occasion something goes amiss, they go far to make things right.

- Not sure about other sites, but Bubbleman's store offers discounts to medicinal users.

You can come up with your own reasons to use the best products. Me, I gotta go make some hash.

YBG

OnlyHighGrade
03-01-2010, 02:16 AM
i see your from CA. I don't know if your 215 compliant but if so freshheadies.com offers a discount to MMJ patients.

i bought a set like 7 years ago. 1 of the bags was lined with an inferior material that they have since left behind. They also didn't make the 90 micron bag when I bought them. Years later the material failed. So, I called up fresh headies asking for a new bag and wanted to purchase a 90 micron as well. They REFUSED to accept money. Only wanted to have me pay for shipping. They never charged me. I believe in karma and they were so nice I called 3 times to make sure they would charge me the miniscule 20 bucks for shipping. They never charged me.

I've had friends buy other bags and in my experience the quality just isn't as good. The screens are pretty much the same but i've seen many seems bust. like I said I have a set from over 7 years ago and I've done 100+ runs with them, still going strong. Like a lot of equipment it pays for itself the first couple runs.

hope this helps

KONY
03-01-2010, 03:27 PM
these threads make me sad cause your never going to really get a legit answer...

no one wants to offend bubbleman or be rude... which makes sense but it's not in the best interest of people asking questions.

YukonBikerGuy
03-01-2010, 05:12 PM
I have been known to offend Bubbleman once or twice.

You are pretty new here (kingofNY a whole 6 posts) to be mudslinging don't ya think?

Many of us are here because we know what the best is, if people ask we share. Thats Legit. You and your 6 whole posts are not.

toalex
03-01-2010, 05:24 PM
these threads make me sad cause your never going to really get a legit answer...

no one wants to offend bubbleman or be rude... which makes sense but it's not in the best interest of people asking questions.

What're you talking about?

Look harder, other members have used other bags and

A.) Do not last anywhere near as long.
B.) Give smaller yields.

Hydrophilic
03-01-2010, 05:45 PM
I realize this thread could potentially be biased, but just the fact that they are made in a third world country and the workers are paid reasonable wages is enough to get me to buy the bags. Not to mention I've only heard wonderous stories, and seen delicious pics of bubble made in Bubblebags.

Bubbleman
03-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Remember you can search the entire web for why bubblebags are superior to our competitors.>> I dont even have to try with letting people know we are the best... cause thats what WORD OF MOUTH IS FOR.....

bY ALL MEANS kingofNY if you find people that dislike our product and have good reason.. by all means print their story or let them know where to find us> We look to our customers and their problems they have with our product to further improve the bags.

With that said , may the fullmelt bless your bowls.. sooner than later

Peace
Bubble man

salad931
03-01-2010, 06:33 PM
oh i wasnt questioning whterh or not bubble bags were superior or not. i was just wondering if anyone wanted to share how much better they actually were haha.

ill be 215 compliant in a couple of days
putting some moeny together with friends and will have my brand new bubble bags soon!
ye

Soupbone
03-01-2010, 09:55 PM
I've used both.

My friend owns the bubblebags (he had money for the 20gallon 4 bag kit) and I own the payload bags.

Payload (generic) bags work. Make no mistake about it. You put in ice and water with some bud or leaf and it works. Surprisingly well, I might add. Infact, if you've never laid hands on a bubblebag, this will probably do.

The difference comes in the craftsmanship and the actual build quality. I recently had to clean my payload bags (a friend borrowed them and clogged the screens). My advice to owners of this brand: Don't use a strong solvent. It did a great job of cleaning the screens, but Acetone made the paint/colour of the bag come off. So be careful.

Bubblebags come with a double stitch. Not only that, but the bags themselves feel twice as thick, if not thicker, than the cheaper ones. They feel solid (the 20gallon bags almost felt too thick, to the point of being cumbersome to fold up lol)

We all want to save money, but take their word for it when they say these bags pay for themselves within the first few uses. If you want the bags to last longer than that - go for the bubble brand.

Oh, I almost forgot the most impressive thing about bubblebags - the customer support. Wow. I didn't even order via bubbleman, his resellers are fantastic!

After handmixing all these batches, the bubblenow machine isn't looking that expensive...

Mr. Bongjangles
03-02-2010, 02:51 AM
I recently had to clean my payload bags (a friend borrowed them and clogged the screens). My advice to owners of this brand: Don't use a strong solvent. It did a great job of cleaning the screens, but Acetone made the paint/colour of the bag come off. So be careful.

That isn't just payload bags.. iso sucked dye right out of my bubble bags when I did the same thing. Especially the red bag.

Heh, I evaporated off the iso and ended up with some blood-red hash, looked pretty evil.

GreenLab
03-02-2010, 12:09 PM
Well instead of bieng sad dude... Then show us why this isnt a legit answer...!!! Provide some info that shows otherwise.... Theres a reason why Bubbleman gets the credit he dos.... He deservs it..... Mouth to mouth adverticing is not somthing you can buy, its somthing you earn by making qualety products and by treating your coustemers right....

bubblecrack
03-02-2010, 07:46 PM
I've used generics before. They work fine. As far as I'm concerned a screen size is a screen size and as long as all the water is going through the screen and I'm getting a good product that is good enough for me. I'm not questioning that bman has a better product but I wouldn't personally buy them because they are over double the price for the same kits and screen sizes. I highly doubt I will get a higher quality product significant enough to shell out the extra 200$ for a 5 gal kit.

d0rk2dafullest
03-03-2010, 03:13 PM
I think bmans bags are actually worth it if you got the flow, strong bags man. i actually reduced the the bags that im working with, im using 160 for a filter (my 220) and the finest one for my catch. Its all going to me anyways. And it's all gonna get smoked. so mixed them up. reduces a lot of time for me.

just what i do.
just an idea.
have fun!

Evergreen
03-03-2010, 04:09 PM
It is all about quality, and bubblebags are the best quality out there. I have been making bubble with the same pair of bags for almost 10 years, the rest of these companies have not even been around half that time. Bubblebags have grwat customer service, not one of those other companies have a forum or a 1800 # if you need help. to me it is a no brainer. B Bags all the way.

YukonBikerGuy
03-03-2010, 04:20 PM
I think bmans bags are actually worth it if you got the flow, strong bags man. i actually reduced the the bags that im working with, im using 160 for a filter (my 220) and the finest one for my catch. Its all going to me anyways. And it's all gonna get smoked. so mixed them up. reduces a lot of time for me.

just what i do.
just an idea.
have fun!

I occasionally do that too, I call it 'Lazy Man's Hash'....

YBG

salad931
03-05-2010, 06:19 PM
nn what is the the discount for 215 compliant patients?

smokiyee
04-05-2010, 10:57 PM
I've used generics before. They work fine. As far as I'm concerned a screen size is a screen size and as long as all the water is going through the screen and I'm getting a good product that is good enough for me. I'm not questioning that bman has a better product but I wouldn't personally buy them because they are over double the price for the same kits and screen sizes. I highly doubt I will get a higher quality product significant enough to shell out the extra 200$ for a 5 gal kit.I would beg to differ sir, cheap Egay knock offs do give you hash, but the quality of product that connoisseur's prefer, will be absent. I don't even need to boost up the quality of the bags, that would be like comparing kind to schwag.

Evergreen
04-05-2010, 11:04 PM
@smokiyee bubblecrack is obviously not looking for a quality product, he just wants bubble and doesn't care about product quality or customer service. Two things which are highly important to me considering I run about 200-300 lbs a year of bubble. No other bags will stand up to that abuse. Me personally I always spend a little more money in order to get a higher quality product. It is just being a smart consumer.

bubblecrack
04-06-2010, 04:08 AM
there are a significant amount of different generics being made varying in quality. I never actually bought a generic set I've just done a decent amount of runs with some at my friend's house. tbh i wouldn't buy a full kit of either I was more just making a point that Bman's were a lot more expensive.
I use Sprung bags and these seem super high quality. I am thinking about adding some of Bman's bags to the kit since he provides more screen sizes. I also really like the ethical side of Bman's approach providing jobs in Nepal.

Green Supreme
04-07-2010, 03:49 AM
LOL. Don't tell Sprung you are adding Bubblebags. Peace GS

HumboldtSmoka420
08-07-2010, 04:17 AM
I am happy with my Sprung 5 gallon 5 bag set in terms of build quality, but also am considering purchasing extra bags from bubblebags to complete my "set."
I would say the build quality and material quality of the Sprung bags are ALMOST equal to bubblebags.....just not quite. There are random strings sticking out of the Sprung bags in some places, but these are all on the outside of the bag and have yet to cause any problems.
Sprung bags are also stitched the same way as bubblebags, so they are pretty strong.
Bubblebags does offer a lifetime warranty and has this kick ass forum though!

BigManNew
08-07-2010, 05:14 AM
Do bubblebags have any type of warranty?

bubblecrack
08-08-2010, 12:31 AM
There are random strings sticking out of the Sprung bags in some places, but these are all on the outside of the bag and have yet to cause any problems.
Sprung bags are also stitched the same way as bubblebags, so they are pretty strong.
Bubblebags does offer a lifetime warranty and has this kick ass forum though!

i was getting impatient with my 25 bag and was real rough with it and started to get that same thing after around 20 runs. so I asked Sprung he had replacements. He sent me a free 25 bag and threw in a pressing screen.

the sprung bags are made in a factory in china. I think the bubblebags are hand-stitched so they probably last longer.

HerbalToker
08-08-2010, 03:22 AM
i would assume thers dye in your hash.. might not be too healthy.

Buy Bubblebags.

That isn't just payload bags.. iso sucked dye right out of my bubble bags when I did the same thing. Especially the red bag.

Heh, I evaporated off the iso and ended up with some blood-red hash, looked pretty evil.