PDA

View Full Version : Mite's have infested my buddys grow at 50 days

driftwood
03-04-2010, 07:47 PM
My Friend has a grow . Went over to take a gander as he called and said he has a few "issues" . I go over and the issue is a rather large infest of mites. Tons and tons of eggs under the leaves . Just to the point where there is noticable webbing starting here and there . he is at 50 days into flowering , and has clear head still .
After a scolding of his lack of diligence in his grow I said the ONLY thing I can think to do is treat with neem oil . So we did .
My thinking is spray once (yesterday) and once again on Friday . While running a de humidifyer , fan, vent , and heat (so he has no mold issues) . Then once both treatments are done rinse and rinse the and run above equipment until the are done .
Is this going to effect the taste drasticly to the point of rendering it unsmokable ?
Advise ?
Much love .
Driftwood

YukonBikerGuy
03-04-2010, 08:33 PM
That late into flower.... he's fucked.

Neem oil is gonna make all the pistils turn brown (new 1's will still emerge white), and the bud taste funny, and at that point of an infestation, may not be effective enough to eliminate the mites.

I would cut losses.... nuke, kill, sterilize, sterilize, sterilize, nuke, and start over.

I haven't tried making hash from mite infested buds. I know smoking mite-egged up buds tastes gross and pops and sizzles. Blech.

Too bad fer yer buddy.
YBG

OnlyHighGrade
03-04-2010, 08:36 PM
http://www.drdorights.com/

^^^^^^check out this product.

for next time maybe, i think its too late at 50 days to really salvage anything but I'm picky. Good luck with cleaning up the room.

bubblecrack
03-04-2010, 08:52 PM
my buddy just brought mites into our house getting a new cut that already had spider mite damage on it. i was fuckin pissed

edit: o btw i bought some predators and I am using organicide. i liked organicide because it was made from sesame oil and fish oil and said you could use it up to the harvest day. i don't know the effect of sesame oil on buds but couldn't be worse than neem right?

i heard the best way to use neem is to rinse it off afterwards

driftwood
03-04-2010, 10:39 PM
Went back this afternoon . Still a few bugs moving here and there , but not nearly as much as 2 days ago .
Flowers still look OK .No turning the pistils brown and the tric's are still clear. The buds haven't tightened up and are rather loose .
I brought over my high and low temp /humidity Gage the other day which says he is going to 55f at night with a high of 74 !!! Thunk he has stunted the growth a bit so he might just be a bit farther behind the "typical" 50 day mark .
So I'm going to try to do another treatment and follow that with a few rinses and rinse again for good measure . All the while running a de humidifier and fans for mold .Keep ya all posted .
I know this I'm not going to smoke it :)
Just trying to help the helpless , with a pipe dream .

driftwood
03-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Oh and added a oil heater in the room so he isen't going to get below 65F .

THE_OG_KUSH
03-05-2010, 12:10 AM
ive gotten mites a few different times. usually only on one or two plants. I would isolate them. Lightly spray with organic insecticide/water mixture. 75/25. Then put them in darkness with low temps (below 65) for 24 hours. poof they are gone

dontstepongrass
03-05-2010, 01:37 PM
i heart sank after i read that u sprayed neem on buds...

then i puked in my mouth a little, bleh!

if i got a plant in flower, the only thing i use on it is plain water and dunk the plants upside down in a rubbermaid full... i use cardboard with a slit in it to hold dirt in place... this method is good for killing mites without using anything nasty... ive dunked buds as late as day 40 cuz i spotted some marks and wanted to catch it... shook buds off and threw em back under hps... they were fine... id use discretion when thinking about doin it to real thick, dense indica's tho

driftwood
03-11-2010, 05:58 AM
Well , we are now rinsing the heck out of the girls giving them a nice rain for the next week and going to finish them up . Everything looks just fine , bug wise .
No adverse appearance to the flowers other than the fact that they are still loose , and haven't tightened up .
Think it might just be salvaged after all .......

03-11-2010, 06:46 AM
Oh and added a oil heater in the room so he isen't going to get below 65F .

i would remove the heater.. if your going to run 1200watt put up more lights :snake:

below 65 at this point might be helpful mite's dont like cold

driftwood
03-22-2010, 11:57 PM
All girls down now . The first 4 came down last week . buddy says it tastes just fine . It looks all good and smells fine . Might have just saved the crop from disaster . I'll let ya all know once it's cured properly .
Much love ~~

driftwood
03-26-2010, 01:06 AM
Had a puff today and I have to admit ... it's pretty tasty . Nice to know it was brought back from the brink of disaster . Think the repeated rinsing with the dehumidifier running did the trick !!
Much love ~~

dontstepongrass
03-26-2010, 01:29 AM
behold the power of water!