PDA

View Full Version : Which kit?

Whatswhat
03-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Is the one gallon/8 bag system practical?

It seems like 5 collection bags is too many for such a small operation?

Will there be a worthwhile amount in all 5 bags?
Thanks!

OnlyHighGrade
03-30-2010, 05:45 PM
??????????

I am a little confused by your post. I am not exactly sure what you are getting at.

I'm assuming your wondering if it's necessary or worth the money. IMO all 8 bags are definitely important because it gives you top quality. If you're going for quantity over quality then maybe the 8 bag set isn't for you.

The 1 gallon system is great for someone who is only gonna process a small amount of material a year. If you are luck enough to have access to a decent amount of material then definitely get the 5 gallon set. It will save you a lot of time.

hashcat
03-30-2010, 06:47 PM
i often wonder if anyone who recommends using all 8 bags with the 1 gallon as ever actually used the set up!!

as an owner of the 1 gallon 8 bag for over 2 years, i can honestly say i NEVER use all 8 bags after the first couple of times.

im sure my quality is not as consistent as it COULD BE....but I AM producing FULL MELT on a regular basis without using all 8 bags.

my reasoning for this was much like yours, it is quite inefficient using all 8 bags with such small amounts of material. if you like collecting .4-.6 per bag, thats cool, but not me. as a logically minded individual, you just lose too much PER BAG in the whole process that you cant scrape or lose to the bag, id rather have it in a couple easy collections

no offense to bubbleman or any of the designers.....I LOVE THE BUBBLE BAGS. but using 8 bags with the 1 gallon is just a loss of hash.

i recommend using the 220 work, the 160 for contaminants. and then the 90 and 25. both the 25 and 90 can be full melt if your strain is good and mixed lightly.

OnlyHighGrade
03-30-2010, 07:03 PM
^^^ Not arguing but I gotta say I disagree Hashcat.

I've had an 8 bag set for almost 7 years and gotta say it's seen a ton of use, and almost always I used all 8 bags. In my opinion, you paid for the bags, why would you not use them? The only answer that makes sense to me, is the diameter of a 1 gallon bucket is rather small and things can become cumbersome when using all 8 bags in such a small bucket. Hand mixing can definitely be annoying in such a small set up.

Where I disagree with your statement is the fact that you are losing material. IMO the 1 gallon set up is the most efficient. The bags are so small that I am able to clean each one in the next bag I am pulling so IMO I am losing next to nothing, which isn't the case when using the larger set ups. When working with the 5 gl and 20 gl I feel I lose a lot of material, but don't care as much because the yield is so great. It's the opposite with the 1 gals. I save every drop because like you pointed out the yield just isn't that great, so might as well harvest every last drop.

Again not arguing, just discussing.
You doubted people who have the 1 gallon 8 bag set up use them all, and I just wanted to chime in and say I do, with great success.