PDA

View Full Version : Toro=best customer service

gbk.xscape
04-06-2010, 03:25 PM
So I bought a Toro last summer from Dementia in LA. I took it to college with me and within a week my friend tipped it and the perc broke. While browsing this forum I noticed someone said Toro replaced pieces with broken percs so I gave it a shot a sent them a PM. Once I proved I had the Toro and only the trees were broken I got a message saying that they want to send out a replacement. Long story short where I live there is no headshop Toro shipped to already. So I said ship it to dementia while Im back in LA for spring break. Wendy packed up the Toro and included it in a shipment to Dementia that would get there in time for me to pick it up. Unfortunately the store wouldn't open the shipment from Toro until I was back at school because the person who checks inventory wasn't available. So my brother did me a favor and drove to LA from SD to pick the piece up. When he arrived they said they had no Toro set aside for me. The store sold my replacement that Wendy had sent for me, bummer. After getting back in contact with Wendy she was so angry the shop had done this but she made it up to me by shipping it to my home. I just want to say thanks to Toro again for going out of their way to help me and provide awesome customer service. The replacement should be shipping soon so once it arrives I'll be sure to post pics.

Cheers,

-Alan

kushkommander
04-06-2010, 04:05 PM
TORO FTW! they will be my next tube purchase :D

OnlyHighGrade
04-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Dementia is sketchy imo. I always had a bad vibe when going there. It just seems super seedy.

As for Wendy at Toro camp, it doesn't get much better than that when it comes to customer service. Who the hell do they think they are replacing tubes? No offense but if you break your tube first week, or even first day, it sucks for you. I know I've been there, and anyone collecting glass for 10+ years has most likely bee there as well. I just can't believe that, TUBE RETURNS!

Good for you!

.... & Kudos to Toro Camp (ie. Wendy) for hooking the kid(s) up.

Basack
04-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Yup well thats the advantages of knowing where your glass comes from.. Artist dont really like to work on other artists glass. Toro, i know has a good rep for repairing damaged tubes that they made. Usually if you can get in contact with the person who made your tube, you can get it fixed.

kenula420
04-06-2010, 08:13 PM
I had cracked the fixed stem on my 8-13 toro, i pmed wendy and she took care of it NO PROBLEM, no expense to me.... Toro really does have great customer service, and i appreciate everything that they do for there customers

Thanks Toro
ken

So I bought a Toro last summer from Dementia in LA. I took it to college with me and within a week my friend tipped it and the perc broke. While browsing this forum I noticed someone said Toro replaced pieces with broken percs so I gave it a shot a sent them a PM. Once I proved I had the Toro and only the trees were broken I got a message saying that they want to send out a replacement. Long story short where I live there is no headshop Toro shipped to already. So I said ship it to dementia while Im back in LA for spring break. Wendy packed up the Toro and included it in a shipment to Dementia that would get there in time for me to pick it up. Unfortunately the store wouldn't open the shipment from Toro until I was back at school because the person who checks inventory wasn't available. So my brother did me a favor and drove to LA from SD to pick the piece up. When he arrived they said they had no Toro set aside for me. The store sold my replacement that Wendy had sent for me, bummer. After getting back in contact with Wendy she was so angry the shop had done this but she made it up to me by shipping it to my home. I just want to say thanks to Toro again for going out of their way to help me and provide awesome customer service. The replacement should be shipping soon so once it arrives I'll be sure to post pics.

Cheers,

-Alan

gbk.xscape
04-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Dementia is sketchy imo. I always had a bad vibe when going there. It just seems super seedy.

As for Wendy at Toro camp, it doesn't get much better than that when it comes to customer service. Who the hell do they think they are replacing tubes? No offense but if you break your tube first week, or even first day, it sucks for you. I know I've been there, and anyone collecting glass for 10+ years has most likely bee there as well. I just can't believe that, TUBE RETURNS!

Good for you!

.... & Kudos to Toro Camp (ie. Wendy) for hooking the kid(s) up.

Yea the people at Dementia were the least helpful people I've met. They didn't offer to call anyone or do basically anything.

And it wasn't the first week I had the tube, it was the first week I had it at college that it broke. I let my friends borrow it one night while i studying for a midterm and next thing I know I get a call saying that it tipped over.

DaNK
04-07-2010, 02:33 AM
Wendy and John are the BOMB!!!! Way to go Toro Crew!!!

Hieronymus Bosch
04-07-2010, 05:09 AM
TORO is has amazing customer service. Better than most companies in most industries.

con-ed
04-07-2010, 03:04 PM
TORO is has amazing customer service. Better than most companies in most industries.

I don't think of any other high quality products where no extra insurance policy is necessary to protect your investment :cool1:

Wendy has been nothing short of fantastic. My experiences with the Toro camp and IG regarding the purchase of tubes as well as my unfortunate breakage of one has proven company more than worthy. Theres a reason we Toro heads are repeat customers :p

ToRo Head
04-08-2010, 12:21 AM
I agree toro crew is awesome. Ive been in contact with wendy on and off about haveing a custom done and she was more then willing to try and help me and gave me a date to get back to her to talk about what i wanted. but i couldnt make my mind up so im still thinking about what i want done. either way she was very understanding and said when your ready just send me a pm and ill get back to you as soon as i can. for all the toobs they make and put out for her to even consider to try and have a custom done for me says alot about how they do things!

salad931
04-08-2010, 12:30 AM
i heard jp wasnt taking customs!
are you gettin it done by anyone else there?
was i mistaken?
or do you got the hookups?

sliv33
04-08-2010, 04:33 PM
that is sick. I might have to get a toro now

ToRo Head
04-09-2010, 02:29 AM
i heard jp wasnt taking customs!
are you gettin it done by anyone else there?
was i mistaken?
or do you got the hookups?

Wendy was gonna talk to jp about haveing it done after they paid off some new equipment the got for the studio a couple months ago and right when i was bout to have something done i changed my mind last minute cause all the new designs were coming out and havent tryed them yet so i didnt know what to get. so i just decided to wait and ended up geting a toro hops collab from dank so decided to wait on my custom till i try the one new desing i liked. waiting for the local shop to get one in to buy to try then if i like it ill sell it and and see if wendy could help me out.

salad931
04-09-2010, 05:18 AM
since yer comparing to the hops im guessing yer talking about the jp

itsss sick! i hit the mini, i wanna hit the larger version so bad.

good luck with the custom n good to hear jp's doin some for people who really want them.

not that ive payed anywhere near the amount of money for toro glass as you have haha im jus tryna get some little custom like a worked chubb i saw somewhere

oh well back to the topic

toro customer service just kills. wendy is tooo nice

salad931
04-09-2010, 05:27 AM
wow i read that wrong,

youre debating between the new 6 in 1 and jp perc?
or has wendy told you bout new designs since??

not makin any suggestions but i have to say that if i had that kinda money for a tube n had the sized bongs you have, id defineatley go for a fully worked-- no no, jp merked-- mini beaker:)

goooodluck im down ta see how it turns out

salad931
04-10-2010, 10:24 PM
Yea the people at Dementia were the least helpful people I've met. They didn't offer to call anyone or do basically anything.

And it wasn't the first week I had the tube, it was the first week I had it at college that it broke. I let my friends borrow it one night while i studying for a midterm and next thing I know I get a call saying that it tipped over.

Yeah it's shady dementias the highest grade glass store in la but ohwell. Most of the people are really unhelful like you said, but as mike at the woodland hills store deals directly with Wendy it would have best to ask to speak to him.

ToRo Head
04-12-2010, 02:11 AM
wow i read that wrong,

youre debating between the new 6 in 1 and jp perc?
or has wendy told you bout new designs since??

not makin any suggestions but i have to say that if i had that kinda money for a tube n had the sized bongs you have, id defineatley go for a fully worked-- no no, jp merked-- mini beaker:)

goooodluck im down ta see how it turns out

No man im talking about the new designs like danks nasty toob he got recently. right when i was thinking of a circ circ mini custom dank posted all the new toro designs which stoped me from doing anything. i didnt like the feel at first when i saw one in h2h but after seeing danks toob def changed my mind. i just dont know which design to get till i try them all.

yea dank got me a sick toro hops collab a while back hears a pic!

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=873
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=868

the lil guy was the first thing i smoked out of her with some biesel aka b32Xsour diesel
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=25&pictureid=1521

salad931
04-12-2010, 03:57 AM
Yeah Danks is the jp circ isn't it? That's what I'm talking bout that piece is a joke the hit is really unique

BigManNew
04-12-2010, 04:00 AM
That tube is crazy. That inline is even more nuts, and I just had an idea.

ToRo Head
04-13-2010, 02:52 AM
Yeah Danks is the jp circ isn't it? That's what I'm talking bout that piece is a joke the hit is really unique

Joke? danks toob is off the hook.

thanks big

getglass
04-13-2010, 01:36 PM

definitely one of the sickest Toros i've ever seen, joke and Toro don't belong in the same sentence, hell they don't even belong in the same paragraph :snake:

WhiteWall
04-13-2010, 03:03 PM
this has definitely upped my thoughts about toro.. thanks for sharing

MilkMan
04-27-2010, 04:47 AM
I didnt buy my toro from a shop I got it online, do you think they would still repair it if I broke mine? Or is this more of a you have to know someone kinda deal?

salad931
04-27-2010, 04:26 PM
it wouldnt be much of a customer service if it jus catered to friends haha, from what ive heard and experienced, messaging wendy on here seems to be enough for them to understand your situation and help out

gbk.xscape
04-27-2010, 05:17 PM
So I finally got a few pics of the replacement tube. Its in San Diego but I'm in college in DC so the only shots I have are from my brother.

http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u4/GBKXscape/circ%20circ/

Heres also a very short vid he took of it.

YouTube- Toro.avi

Circ circ :]

MilkMan
05-01-2010, 10:18 PM
How do I get a hold of Wendy?

kushkommander
05-12-2010, 02:21 AM
TORO FTW! they will be my next tube purchase :D

just picked this up today :D

http://fullmeltbubble.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=140&pictureid=1772

nice one you got there gbk

Sh1zn1t
05-12-2010, 01:44 PM
So I finally got a few pics of the replacement tube. Its in San Diego but I'm in college in DC so the only shots I have are from my brother.

http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u4/GBKXscape/circ%20circ/

Heres also a very short vid he took of it.

YouTube- Toro.avi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kJuXjcHiNk)

Circ circ :]

Hells yea, from SD. Probably from Funky Monkey or Glassworks.

salad931
05-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Joke? danks toob is off the hook.

thanks big

i meant joke its so nice hahaha

but it seems wendy has gone rogue, has anyone found a way to contact her?

Blunts R US
05-12-2010, 07:44 PM
Ye how do i get in touch with wendy? My friend just knocked over my double tipped trash catcher a/c slash bub this morning. Everything in the can is fine but it broke in three right where the double tips connect to the can. SUCKS SO MUCH. And of course the person who broke it is broke. Funny how that always happens.

But yea let me know how to get in touch with wendy. I need that.

Blunts R US
05-17-2010, 03:15 PM
Hey WAK i have tried to send a pm about my toro but your box is full. Whenever you get a chance please contact me. Thanks