PDA

View Full Version : intristing grow..

tyger420
04-22-2010, 08:40 PM
ok, I have had some plants growing for about a month and a half. I had them on 24/0 for the first month, then put them on 12/12 and I now have a forest in my closet lol.. I'm having a little trouble telling the sex of the plants, Ive had a few ppl tell me conflicting opinions.

I think I need to do a little trimming here soon, not sure where to start tho..
anyway without delay here are some pics.

Any chance for Ideas on what kind of plants I have? I can see slight differences in a few of the plants I have by the shape of the leaves, but nothing more then that.

hashcat
04-23-2010, 01:33 AM
pic 3 is definitely male. everything else...cant really tell

stickyfingers
04-24-2010, 01:22 AM
pic #2 is female I am pretty sure, pic #3 is def a male and 4 I cant tell. They look a little yellowish though, maybe they need some more nutes or they might be getting too much and be nute locked? something is funky with the nutes.

BigManNew
04-24-2010, 04:47 AM
Picture number 2 and 3 are males

aqualungs
04-24-2010, 01:30 PM
3 is a male I can't tell off that pic of number 2.

tyger420
04-24-2010, 04:47 PM
pic #2 is female I am pretty sure, pic #3 is def a male and 4 I cant tell. They look a little yellowish though, maybe they need some more nutes or they might be getting too much and be nute locked? something is funky with the nutes.

I had just flushed the water a day or two ago, it was getting alittle murky. they have started to regain there color back.

I will have more pics tomorrow of my grow. alittle more progress.

P.S. Thanks for everyone who has taken the time to drop there opinion.

tyger420
05-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Ok, so after getting rid of the male plants, I am down to 5 girls.. and Woo Hoo are they going wild imho. This is my first really successful grow since I found this site!
I got them out of the Styrofoam floats I started them in and moved to a pot with 50/50 perlite vermiculite mix for my medium. Finished the lid for the tank and have the pots submerged about 3-4 inches under water and the rest above, not sure if I have to or not but I have been pulling them out of the tank and letting them totally drain at least once every other day. Feeding my babys has changed alittle bit from just dropping some plant food into the over flow pump on the tank, they are now getting a diluted mix of Schultz African Violet plant food 8-14-9, directly into the medium, instead of the Schultz 10-15-10.

bout all I can think of too say now.... go smoke as I stare at my plants!

Edit for a question. Anyone else notice how the leafs are growing alittle funky, I have been told it is caused from the nutes being to high.

stickyfingers
05-15-2010, 07:19 PM
Might be a lack of oxygen making it to the roots, could be fixed by putting air stones in the nute tanks and attaching them to a fish tank air pump to feed the roots with oxygen. Much like a deep water culture set up. Your light source seems to be a bit far away as well making them leggy. Good luck!

tyger420
06-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Just a cupple of pics to keep everyone updated, not bad for bagseed imho, next time I will have to get some "real" seeds.

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/4/2/5/7/SNC00019.jpg

http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/gallery/files/4/2/5/7/SNC00017.jpg

tyger420
06-08-2010, 04:31 PM
I now have them finishing up outside, I have constructed a mini green house that seems to be working out pretty well, I will have some new pics of the girls later today or tomorrow.

YukonBikerGuy
06-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Not sure where you are located, but those plants are awfully far along into flowering to be moved outside. If the light outside is more than 12 hours long, your flowering plants will revert to vegative growth. (Unless you are using light deprevation on a greenhouse)

Except for equatorial regions where light outdoors is almost a continous 12/12, most folks who start indoors and then move outdoors keep the plants in vegative growth inside, move them outside to finish vegging (in spring / early summer, while light is still on the increase), and complete the entire flowering process outside as light wanes towards the fall. In equatorial regions with natural 12/12 lighting outside, lucky folks get to veg plants completely inside, then set them outside to flower.

Light depravation senarios are outside these definitions.

Looking at these pictures, I would say that if you have a nice outdoor or greenhouse spot, you would get better results starting new plants from seed or clone than trying to get these scraggly girls to turn around... consider it too late for them, do yourself a favor, and start fresh.

My 2 cents.
YBG

tyger420
06-09-2010, 01:40 AM
Much appropriated advice, I had the amount of light they get in mind when I set this up outside, they get slighty less then 12 hours of light, if need be it can be moved around the yard.

As for starting fresh, I am already one step ahead and got 3 week old sprouts starting out in the green house as well.

Razz
06-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Never give your plants 24/0

stickyfingers
06-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Some strains handle 24/0 veg really well and some might even go so far as to say some prefer it. Some finicky and stubborn strains prefer a few hours of needed rest every night but with strong genetics this is not usually a problem.