PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Hash

Medicated Mindz
04-23-2010, 08:10 PM
I have been thru a few runs making bubble hash, I let it dry for about 48hours or more before I press it. The questions I have is how do you make it into full melt bubble hash or to where it forms into a soft ball and bubbles when flame is put to it. I have it into powder form then press it into squares but after it's pressed it don't seem as soft as when you see the ones formed into the balls. It even breaks instead of bends when i try to work with it. Is there something I am forgetting or missing? Appreciate the help.

BigManNew
04-23-2010, 10:13 PM
When you warm it up you can mold it into any shape you like. Once it cools down it will get hard again

Evergreen
04-24-2010, 02:31 PM
In order to achieve full melt, you need top shelf trim, sugar leaf that has not dried out too much. I believe that there are essential oils that dry up if the trim is left for too long. I trim my herb and then throw it in the freezer. I try to process my trim ASAP. Sometimes if you are lucky, trim that has been sitting around for months can produce full melt. So it all depends on how well the herb was grown, prettymuch
My 2 cents.

YukonBikerGuy
04-24-2010, 04:54 PM
Hmmm, interesting, I myself seem to get the best full melt hash by putting the fresh trim into the deep freeze (not a wimpy fridge freezer) for a minimum of 2 weeks before processing. By freezing fresh I feel you preserve some of those essenial oils and essences that could dry up along with the trim, and leaving it well frozen for that period seems to make for a more complete and clean extraction... in my experience.... with my herb.... grown my way. :) (well, and the friend I borrowed the technique from) Just my 2 bits.

YBG

salad931
04-25-2010, 03:11 AM
i smell a norcal vs bc Full melt compatish commin along

toalex
04-25-2010, 04:29 AM
Hmmm, interesting, I myself seem to get the best full melt hash by putting the fresh trim into the deep freeze (not a wimpy fridge freezer) for a minimum of 2 weeks before processing. By freezing fresh I feel you preserve some of those essenial oils and essences that could dry up along with the trim, and leaving it well frozen for that period seems to make for a more complete and clean extraction... in my experience.... with my herb.... grown my way. :) (well, and the friend I borrowed the technique from) Just my 2 bits.

YBG

What do you mean by deep freeze??

BigManNew
04-25-2010, 10:18 AM
^^^^^He means a walk in meat locker (or similar idea I think)^^^^^

bubblecrack
04-25-2010, 11:12 AM
try pressing the moisture out right after scraping it off the bag instead of waiting two days. my bubble is usually ready for smoking 48 hours after making it and letting it sit out. some people like to cut their bubble up into smaller pieces to prevent mold.

it sounds like you are letting your bubble dry up too much until it gets dry and crumbly. after a few days of letting my bubble sit out I like to put it back in a container so it doesn't get too dry and crumbly.

hope this helps :)

Babbabud
04-25-2010, 02:20 PM
Its not truly done till it breaks up to powder.....when its like taffy its still holding water.

YukonBikerGuy
04-25-2010, 03:24 PM
What do you mean by deep freeze??

A deep freezer. Either a stand up, or chest style... or sure a walk in if you have 1 that big. As long as it can maintain a deep level of cold. If you put popcicles in your fridge freezer and they come out sorta 1/2 melted in shape.... its not cold enough. Many residential refrigerator freezers only work that good for a short span when the appliance is new, then the equipment begins to wear out, is never serviced, rarely cleaned, etc.

try pressing the moisture out right after scraping it off the bag instead of waiting two days.

There is a difference between pressing hash to form a solid lump (which ruptures the trich heads), and 'pressing' it to get the water out. I have always maintained that the 'pressing' screen is misnamed, because it makes people think that pressing wet hash is ok. It sould be called the 'dabbing screen' or 'moisture wicking screen'.... If you press wet bubblehash, it can appear to be gooey and sticky, but in fact its water(mixed with ruptured trich heads) left in your hash. Thats why when you leave it out unpressed it turns to a powder, because then it is fully dry. Water left in pressed hash can allow fungal growth on the inside of the hash to occur. Do I have to say that is not good? Ok, it aint good. We dont wanna smoke mold.

Bubblehash can be very sticky when fully dry, and formed into a nice sticky ball when fully dry, mostly dependant on strain and technique used making the hash. Some hash will need some heat and pressure to bind together into a nice lump once fully dry, and some will just press together with your fingers. The only real reason to press hash into a lump is to transport it (ie smuggling) or to adulterate the hash to increase volume, or occassionally to show off for friends. I assume you are doing it for the last reason, lol. In my own and many bubblehash aficianados' opinions', it is better and easier to sprinkle some dry hash powder on a bowl than tearing off and breaking up a chunk of pressed hash to smoke. Also you are smoking more unruptured trich heads this way.

My 2 bits
YBG

bubblecrack
04-25-2010, 06:57 PM
There is a difference between pressing hash to form a solid lump (which ruptures the trich heads), and 'pressing' it to get the water out. I have always maintained that the 'pressing' screen is misnamed, because it makes people think that pressing wet hash is ok. It sould be called the 'dabbing screen' or 'moisture wicking screen'.... If you press wet bubblehash, it can appear to be gooey and sticky, but in fact its water(mixed with ruptured trich heads) left in your hash. Thats why when you leave it out unpressed it turns to a powder, because then it is fully dry. Water left in pressed hash can allow fungal growth on the inside of the hash to occur. Do I have to say that is not good? Ok, it aint good. We dont wanna smoke mold.

YBG

Ya the instructions say to press lightly with higher quality resins so I usually lightly dab as well. It would seem like the only way to fully avoid rupturing trichomes is by not using the pressing screen at all. i think i'm gonna try this on my next run. thanks for the input ybg

YukonBikerGuy
04-25-2010, 09:01 PM
I actually just set the wet patties on top of the screen, with a stack of paper towel under it, and let the water wick out, no pressing. Then 'chopping' on the cardboard becomes more feathering it apart with a blade as its not pressed together, and it seperates and dries better, in my experience anyway.

YBG