PDA

View Full Version : Question after sad story

docm
05-19-2010, 07:22 PM
This is my first post here, so if it is in the wrong place, please correct my mistake. We have been making bubble hash for a few years now, started with the 5gal bag set and moved to the 20gal wonderful bubble washing machine three years ago. The sad story is as follows::::
A jar of over 50g of Grimm's Rosetta Stone bubble was left out of the fridge and on the top shelf of the garage for an extended amount of time. When we found it (cleaning upt the garage) the bottle top was loose, the chunks of GRS had melded together, and there were streaks of green/white stuff in the mix. I'm pretty sure that the green/white substance is a mold of some type. We supply bubble to med. patients primarily for baking, so we mix the 25 and 73 together, and the 120 is used exclusively for baking. GRS bubble is in high demand and we were wondering where that jar went to, but I am VERY reluctant to use any of it because of the suspected mold. :(:confused:

SO>>>Here is the question???? How can we recover this wonderful bubble and be safe?? Should I do an acetone extraction and filter the liquid before drying off the acetone? Would a Butane extraction be safer for the end product?? We discussed grinding it all up and re-running it through the 25mic bag, but I'm pretty sure that there are alot of broken trichomes at this time that would be just wasted.

ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated, as we are at least 3 months away from another harvest (natural light only in greenhouse) and the demand this year is pretty high on the med side. Thank you in advance for any help you are willing to offer. SORRY, we don't have any pics on this one.:(

docm
05-19-2010, 07:36 PM
ME again! I just read the BHO question lower down on the forum and I apologize in advance for even bringing up solvent extraction!!!! I would appreciate any thoughts on how to safely recover this wonderful Grimm's Rosetta Stone full melt bubble that was damaged by my stupidity in leaving it out of the fridge!!!

Green Supreme
05-19-2010, 07:37 PM
If you are helping immune deficient patients please just do not use this material. It is one thing for a healthy person to look past the issues. Water extraction may remove a lot and be usable by the healthy folks. Best advice would be to dry your hash thoroughly and store properly sealed, but I am sure you already realize that. Peace GS

Basack
05-19-2010, 08:52 PM
The only reason I wouldnt use a solvent to extract it, is because im not entirly sure if the mold will be soluble in the solvent... If it was, youd just be making moldy oil ya know? Round here they dont use solvents tho hehe.

docm
05-20-2010, 02:01 AM
Thank you for the advice. We were pretty much planning on dumping it out and calling it a loss, but took a chance to ask the experts. We ONLY do bubbleman hash and the only solvents we use are unsalted butter or coconut oil for dissolving the hash into for baking. Many of our patients are OA, so no compromise on immune system, but I agree that taking a chance is NOT worth the risk to anyone.

Again, thank you for the input and had this one jar not been left out of the fridge and the cap come lose, it would all be good. The other bottle of Grim's Apollo bubble was fine, but the cap was TIGHT and no moisture had gotten into the jar. With an average of over 70% humidity, moisture and heat are constant problems down here in the Pacific.
Kudos to the Bubbleman, for the bags,the technique, and the constantly great advice.