PDA

View Full Version : Is this a real U.S made ROOR?

HerbalToker
05-31-2010, 02:28 AM
So i have recently encouraged my local head shop to purchase some ROOR's. And last week a received the phone call from Adam at Hempire in Whistler that they had arrived. he had 6 pieces that the destributor had offered, an he got one of each. Theyr sellign for about $200 at the store an he was even able to give me a decent chunk of that off. I, as a fairly unfamiliar user of ROOR figured that the low price was due to te U.S production.

After getting home and sending a photo of it to Bman, i have it under good knowledge from him that ROOR usa is no longer, and it is most likely a Chinese rip off, which straight up stole the name and printed it on the bong, as immoral as that is, and i and the owner of the store had been mislead. Which is most likely the case, as Bman knows his ROORs lol.

I thought for fun and for interests sake i would post some photos of the piece to see if anybody else has an opinion on the subject. or maybe even has come across the same piece. Is anybody familiar with ROOR usa pieces alike?

A few things i notice that make me think Bman is for sure right is the bowl seems to be like no exact shape of a real ROOR i have smoked. but again, I at the time, assumed that was only because i had only ever smoked German ROORs. take a look for yourself theres a close picture. As well The Rasta logo i have seen on other authentic ROORs is outlined around the rasta colouring and the Registred trademark logo is in the colour of the outlne. But then i have seen photos of apparent US made ROORs that are the same as this lol. but who knows if they were knock offs too. It Definately doesnt have the German Defuser, and the mark is on the Left side of the bowl, and i know german ROORs theyr on the right.

so ill stop rambling, Lemme know what YOU think. :)

Peace,

HerbalToker.

conscious pilot
05-31-2010, 02:51 AM
Deffintiely an authentic US RooR.

Just bec. RooR US stopped making tubes doesnt mean their distributors don't still have US RooRs on hand....

HerbalToker
05-31-2010, 04:00 AM
Cool, good to hear another opinion.

Basack
05-31-2010, 10:16 AM
Deffintiely an authentic US RooR.

Just bec. RooR US stopped making tubes doesnt mean their distributors don't still have US RooRs on hand....

Roor us doesnt make slit diffusers aswell as roor de does not... Thats fake im pretty sure..

WhiteWall
05-31-2010, 04:08 PM
ive never seen slits on roor diffuser but who knows... just because US don't have the rights to blow roor anymore doesnt mean that they dont sell the remaining ones... if the shop isnt a shady shop and you didnt get it off some random site it is probably the real deal.. where did you get it?(it doesnt look Chinese at all)hehe

Razz
05-31-2010, 05:41 PM
ohh fuck me.....

HerbalToker
05-31-2010, 07:18 PM
im not worried about it ether way, id just feel like to know to be able to tell the shop owner to stop buying them.

Bubbleman
05-31-2010, 10:38 PM
The thing that surprised me about the pipe more than anything was that you got it for 120canadian dollars...
this is where my suspicion grew that quite possibly this is not a ROoR at all, but perhaps a chinese knock off ( gotten a few emails from companies recently selling roor tubes that were NOT roor tubes.. )
will ask Richards next time i speak with him to check it out and see if he can let us know if its uS or not..

thanks for posting herbaltoker

Bubble man

BudaLuva555
05-31-2010, 11:09 PM
yah ive never seen a RooR slide that big or a wet saw cut downstem made buy RooR

HerbalToker
06-01-2010, 12:01 AM
The bowl does seem very tall BudaLove. And i have only seen the slit defusers In pictures of what other people claim US roor.

Frosty
06-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Roor us doesnt make slit diffusers aswell as roor de does not... Thats fake im pretty sure..
Wha? So why were the pierced hole diffusers always refereed as 'german roor defusers' back before we had showerheads, gridded diffies, and 5-6 arm diffies?

HerbalToker
06-01-2010, 01:22 AM
slit defusers are different than the pierced hole german defusers you refer to.

bluntsbee
06-01-2010, 05:11 AM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kygevsaTe41qzpftlo1_500.jpg

if it makes any difference, here's another roor slide for comparison.

Frosty
06-01-2010, 07:03 AM
slit defusers are different than the pierced hole german defusers you refer to.

yeah i just remembered the roor us diffusers are pretty much the same, just rearranged and more numerous holes with the de diffies

Basack
06-01-2010, 11:05 AM
Roor us and de diffys are very different. They both use holes tho. My lhs has some fakes in too. Pretty safe to call it fake. The slide looks pretty chinese.

Razz
06-01-2010, 05:16 PM
All of you so called experts on glass don't even know! Hahahaha. Check it out..........pack it, light it, rip it........does it work?.........so who really cares?.........

nugglife
06-03-2010, 03:27 AM
i have herd they are making roors again, my shop got a big order of them in, the new diffys are 18-18 instead of 14mm-18mm. looks like a us roor to me

Basack
06-03-2010, 04:16 AM
All of you so called experts on glass don't even know! Hahahaha. Check it out..........pack it, light it, rip it........does it work?.........so who really cares?.........

Lol so how is this relevant to proving a point about how "we experts" dont know? We DO know Lol... This is a fake... You can waste ur money on china import glass if youd like. id prefer to know where its coming from and have high quality joints/ high quality borosilicate glass . I dont deal with no janky china glass.

Razz
06-03-2010, 04:40 PM
ballsack...you don't know shit! you're a don't know shit expert!

Basack
06-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Like i said. I never called myself an expert. You did. Also, Im aware that this is a fake. Again, feel free to waste you money on china glass, me in the other hand, would prefer to have a tube thats says roor on it, and to be made by roor lol.

sibannac
06-15-2010, 04:35 PM
dude got a tube for $120 canadian, can't complain about that.

Rip it up.