PDA

View Full Version : My 1st attempt with lots of trim.

HerbalToker
07-27-2010, 10:20 PM
So doing this process, i rpetty much felt like it was my first time all over again. I used a different technique consisting of 3 buckets (recommended by Blynx and Kushkommander) and it worked nicely for containing the mess. and producing nice bubble. Usign three buckets, the process is mixing in a bucket with your ice water and plant matter, pouring it into the work bag, pulling the work bag. Then again pouring the raw water&heads through the bags.

I ran only the 160 bag, accept for the first batch, and on the first btch i seemed to get pretty nice 160. Which i have heard isnt too uncommon.

So i started with 400 g's fresh frozen in the first batch, and ran it three times. Moved to 350 g's of fresh frozen for the second batch and repeated the same technique. (again i said this is my first time trying with a descent amount of trim, and felt a little self doubtfull on a few techniques such as applying the has to the pressing screens, and efficiently scraping the bags)

By the second batch i was able to really figure out a better way for myself of applying the hash to the pressing pads, and moving it from there to the cardboard. At first i was wiping off the spoon onto the pad, and getting a lot of sticking, as apposed to just letting the hash slide off and not worrying about the little bits left on the end of the spoon, just wash them to the next bag. Then i would press with the pad ontop, but not actually pushing on the hash, i would pull down tightly on the screen beside the hash, i found this made for 0 sticking for me so i was glad to have figured that out. akes it much easier to apply to cardboard and chop.

As well collecting the heads from the bag, i found using the Jerk and Tug motion while the screen is still submerged, even on bags that dont need it to empty the water out helps. I would shake it fast and little movements and it would really colect the hash into an easily collectable ball in the screen without having any spread on the flat parts. i assume this is pretty common?

I also didnt get to try the Sieving technique as suggested by Bubbleman in my last post because i havent been able to find a good sieve.

Anyways. That is pretty much it, let me know what you guys think. Tips, changes i should make, Comments on the hash Here is some photos of the product, a few of the buckets while mixing. and the hash.

**The photos below of hash, are in order but it looks confusing. The pictures that Fallow the shots which show the micron, are macros of THAT micron.**

kushkommander
07-27-2010, 11:36 PM
WOW dude that looks like some insane melt :D seriously looks like the 90 and 73 might dome up, all of it looks really good, Id puff the 160/25 in joints or cook with it...let us know what your end yeild was...sometimes its more about the quality than the quantity ^5

Blynx
07-27-2010, 11:42 PM
Great job. Can't wait to see the next run! Love macros!

Was the trim all one strain or a mix?

bubble_head4life
07-27-2010, 11:49 PM
nice Herbal, i got to smoke some of the last run u did and it was good. hope i get to try some of this run. peace

HerbalToker
07-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Bubblehead, il be down in a few days, we will enjoy some :) talk to you soon.

YukonBikerGuy
07-28-2010, 01:56 AM
IMO, I maintain that the 'pressing screen' has been mis-named.... if you fold it over on top of the hash, and press down or dab it at all, you are pressing the wet hash, and rupturing some heads. This makes it real sticky and hard to chop up on the cardboard.

I think it should be renamed the dabbing screen... try this:

Place the dabbing screen on top of several layers of paper towel. Scoop your wet hash out of the bags, and just plop it on top of the dabbing screen. Rinse the spoon in the next bag. Repeat for each bag. Enough water will wick out of the hash into the paper towel thru the screen, without rupturing any heads. The hash is then the consistency of wet sand, and you can more easily feather it apart rather than chop it up, and less sticks to the cardboard and knife. The wet sandy blobs are easier to put thru a sieve screen as well if you are going that way.

Just my personal technique, if it works for you, great. If you happen to come up with something better, please post it :)

YBG

HerbalToker
07-28-2010, 02:02 AM
YBG your threads are some that i look to always for advice, tips. Your yeilds amaze me and your hash is beautifull. I will be sure to try it, because i see the result, and although i thought maybe i wasnt rupturing any heads while i pressed "around" the hash, the way its drying may prove otherwise, so i will definately try your technique. Thanks ygb. Im starting a batch RIGHT now and will use that.

HerbalToker
07-28-2010, 09:22 AM
So day two i did a little more experimenting today. I used the same bucket to mix as all the bags were in I fallowed what razz and B-man did in there 2lb of bud thread. vv
http://fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24

All bags in 1 buckets, mix for ten, lightly with electric mixer, (i onlly did for about a minute then hand mixed) then let settle for 30 as i puffed.

So, Depending on what your looking for.. each method seems to be great. i mean i only tried each once now but the 3 bukets with pouring like the beginning of the thread, seemed to yeild Melty hash for three pulls, with alot more work. because in order to get all the nice heads i needed three pulls. With this method and a 30 minute settle, my second pull was starting to be a little greener.

This time i did one pull, and got a nicer return, i was happy to see mroe what i expected to see from a bag of trim like i started with.

I ran 400 grams fresh frozen approx. and Yielded 23.6 wet grams from two pulls.

I applied the hash to the screen with YBG's method that he sugested above in the thread, using a folded towel becausei had no Paper towels. and it worked out Incredibly. Next to nothing left on screens,and practically no stick to the cardboard. Thanks YBG!!

(didnt bother weighing 190 and 160 for some reason, i just kinda forgot about them and they sitting there in a chunk still lol. not to worried ill bust em up to cook there wasnt much at ALL)

1st Pull - Wet Weights

120u - 2.5g
90u - 1.6g
73u - 1.0g
45u - 3.4g
25u - 1.9

2nd Pull - Wet Weight (much more aggressive mix for 15 minutes)

190u - 2.9g
160u - .9g
120u - 3.1g
90u - .7g
73u - .8g
45u - 3.2g
25u - 1.6g

Total - 23.6g Wet

Will add dried weights in a few days.

Less photos this time i promiss :D

Enjoy guys.. again.. Tips! Comments, Love it..

Puff On..

(Pictures are only from 1st run)

bubble_head4life
07-28-2010, 06:19 PM
lookin' good. real good.

YukonBikerGuy
07-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Looks good, not so much sticking. :) Glad that my technique worked for ya.

That device you are mixing with is a hand blender, which is a slightly different machine than a cake mixer. Cake mixers are the squareish units with the 2 egg beaters underneath. Cost about 15-20 $ I have used both mixers. The blender pulverizes/powders the greenery a bit more. Particulate is the enemy of fmcd.

I hope you can find your way to a bubblenow machine at some point, because the quality of the hash and the ease of making it go up a whole nother notch. Your hash already looks great, shifting up to the best mixing method will only improve it.

YBG

HerbalToker
07-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Thanks YBG, thats why i said iused the mixer for about 1 minute to 30 seconds and stopped figuring this cant be right. I will make sure to stay away from it. Thnx

Looks good, not so much sticking. :) Glad that my technique worked for ya.

That device you are mixing with is a hand blender, which is a slightly different machine than a cake mixer. Cake mixers are the squareish units with the 2 egg beaters underneath. Cost about 15-20 $ I have used both mixers. The blender pulverizes/powders the greenery a bit more. Particulate is the enemy of fmcd.

I hope you can find your way to a bubblenow machine at some point, because the quality of the hash and the ease of making it go up a whole nother notch. Your hash already looks great, shifting up to the best mixing method will only improve it.

YBG

Psuper
10-20-2010, 11:00 PM
IMO, I maintain that the 'pressing screen' has been mis-named.... if you fold it over on top of the hash, and press down or dab it at all, you are pressing the wet hash, and rupturing some heads. This makes it real sticky and hard to chop up on the cardboard.

I think it should be renamed the dabbing screen... try this:

Place the dabbing screen on top of several layers of paper towel. Scoop your wet hash out of the bags, and just plop it on top of the dabbing screen. Rinse the spoon in the next bag. Repeat for each bag. Enough water will wick out of the hash into the paper towel thru the screen, without rupturing any heads. The hash is then the consistency of wet sand, and you can more easily feather it apart rather than chop it up, and less sticks to the cardboard and knife. The wet sandy blobs are easier to put thru a sieve screen as well if you are going that way.

Just my personal technique, if it works for you, great. If you happen to come up with something better, please post it :)

YBG

Great read.

Iam going totry what you describe- letting the wet hash just sit on the pressing screen (I like dabbing screen as well) and not even gently press it....we'll see. Thanks for sharing your experience/knowledge here. Big up.

HumboldtSmoka420
10-24-2010, 07:23 AM
Great read.

Iam going totry what you describe- letting the wet hash just sit on the pressing screen (I like dabbing screen as well) and not even gently press it....we'll see. Thanks for sharing your experience/knowledge here. Big up.

Thats exactly what I do, just let it sit on the "pressing" screen for a few minutes until it looks pretty dry. I touch my wet hash the least amount possible :)