PDA

View Full Version : Can I save moldy hash?

kielo
08-03-2010, 09:27 PM
I was given some super kind bubble hash that only had a few days to dry.
Not enough time obviously, and when I received the 1/4 lb. of nickel sized pieces they all had the white fuzz.
I would like to salvage this batch if possible.
The pieces are thin and I am not concerned about mold being in the middle.
I have placed them on cardboard and put them in the freezer for the time being.
I am thinking about giving them an Isopropyl alcohol wash, then putting them in the dehydrator.
Will this kill the spores? I do not know.

Any experiential feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Please keep your Un-tested theory and non-factual based opinions to yourselves as it leaves a haze on a potentially educational thread.

thanks

YukonBikerGuy
08-03-2010, 09:50 PM
Depends on what state the hash is in... nickle sized pieces sounds like it may have been pressed? It will certainly be throughout the hash.

'Washing' the hash with a solvent will most likely dissolve the whole works into solution/particulate mix. If you only wash the outside of the individual pieces with solvent and a small paintbrush or something, it may remove the majority of mold from the surface (but not the interior), but it will sorta 'melt' the outside of the hash and who knows what kind of result you may get.

Here is some reading that may help you:
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2627
http://www.fullmeltbubble.com/forum/showthread.php?t=602

I don't believe that a solvent process will really be of much help if you plan on ending up with hash. Hope someone else can offer something in a more positive direction for you.

YBG

kielo
08-03-2010, 10:20 PM
thanks eggman, it's useful to know that using alcohol, even in small doses will affect the end product...even to the extent that it is not desirable.

and yes it has been pressed.

Kielo

salad931
08-04-2010, 05:15 PM
moldy hash.....rosin?

Green Supreme
08-04-2010, 05:17 PM
Another victim, of their own urge to press wet hash. Peace GS