PDA

View Full Version : everything below 160 fullmelt

mcbitsko
08-06-2010, 10:46 PM
i can't be the only one.
off a quarter pound of trainwreck everthing below 160 bag, all seven runs combined, fullmelt. understand if you don't believe me.

nephew up visiting. boasting about foto capability of new cell phone. so these fotos arent that good. and he didnt believe me that you can smoke this stuff when its damp. so none of the bubble shots came out. he was too fckd up looking like he just got done crying.
so sorry.
(haha ha hee). the big baby! he's 33.
update: just realized porcupinehead made these MP4 vidclips and very few fotos. oh well. sorry. if i don't do it now i may never post.

like bubbleman says gentil, gentil, gentil. and then i'm saying be more gentile!
other peeps working same product. he's one of them that still believes in the magic of the wooden spoon. he don't get fullmelt out of any bag even first run. this outdoor trainwreck has incredibaly small trichomes. he's satisfied with his results. and maybe when were not competing i might help him out.
dispensary using strong microscope says my stuff has more unbroken and less smashed up trichomes.

overview: when dry sifting or making ice/water always work with pre frozen product!!!
from the 220 work pouch thru the 160 workbag then directly into the 25. product has moisture wicked away while sitting in 25bag. no screen is put on top and pressed on patty. shamwow under 25bag wicks patty dry. removed and set on topramen box. i chop up all seven runs and combine. all seven are fullmelt anyway. use to do 9 runs but by the eighth
product starts to get a duller gold color with a slight light green.

requirements... quarter lb - to 6oz.. trainwreck.(havent seen this type in long time. anise,black licorice taste. mighty close to a purer sativa IMO), 2- 20lb bags of ice plus six ice trays of ice cubes. 160u and 25u bag only.(now come on settle down!).
I. first run you want to be the gentlest. IMO using round ice cubes from home trays for first run achieves this. after that use up the 20lb ice bags.
II. before turning on washer with 220 workpouch loaded with ice and quarterpound sitting in empty washer. do a prewash before every run.
pour one gallon of water over and thru the 220 work pouch. and drain. you'll be amazed at the gold sparkleing water from the the unbroken stalked glandular trichomes just sitting loose on product.
III. don't forget to lift and reattache the fckg hose...then fill washer with 3gallons of water. turn machine on for 6 minutes only. all 7 runs are six minutes. any longer and too much ice is melted. your just beating up those already shaved off resin glans thru the netting again IMO.
foto 1. notice blue insert/sleeve in bucket. i cut top quarter of bucket off and place inside 160 workbag. when draining machine do not shoot stream strait thru screening. aim stream on blue insert so's it swooshes around parimeter sort of like when you flush a slow toilet. and then rolls across not thru screening.then sinks thru. IMO less damage to glands.
imortant: after machine is drained, with hose still trained into 160bucket. and machine is still off. pour 1gallon of water thru 220work pouch and drain. you are washing out all the resin glands that have been shaved off that are just sitting loosly on top of weed in work pouch.
1gal prewash+3gal wash+1gal rinse=5gal gold water per run.
gentil is the mantra. oh. you can see how i'm copeing with leaky handle machine. black bag catches leakage.
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/2steelhead/P7290018.jpg

mcbitsko
08-06-2010, 11:13 PM
IV. after draining thru 160 . take filled bucket and set on counter.
siphon into 25bag. i have syphon hose put thru eye of fishingpole
so's easier to direct flow swooshing around insert and down gently rolling across screening. freeing your hands up to do the shake rattle and roll.
when you aquire the touch. youll be able to keep up with the flow.
with little more than a cup or two of liquid biulding up in 25. takes no time to do 5gal.
just filling up bucket and pulling bag up IMO damages trichomes. and is hard on back!
man now you guys know i'm old and probably won't listen to me.
hey, i heard of the ice/water method in the mid '70s from ed rosenthal and didnt believe it. i opted for using fuelfilter screening for a polluted dry sift.
couldn't see past my nose then.
oh you can't tell but i have a nother bucket sleeve inside 25bag to bank off of. make sure you sand smooth edge of insert.
foto 2
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/2steelhead/P7290025.jpg

mcbitsko
08-06-2010, 11:42 PM
V. after youve made those glands dance into a nice firm patty
pull 25bag with red insert inside 25bag left in place. and place bag stratigicaly over an inverted bowl that has a shamwow like artificial shammy placed over it. gently press down on red insert. one patty done. six more to go.
IT DOeS NOT TAKE THAT MUCH PRESSURE! when you get it right youll see moisture wick out in front of your eyes. DO NOT TOUCH PATTY!
product will be more dryer than old way of taking out patty putting screening material on top and pressing. FOR REAL. less chance of damaging trichomes.
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/2steelhead/P7290027-1.jpg

mcbitsko
08-06-2010, 11:52 PM
VI. gently remove patty and i place on a topramen box. this type of cardboard obsorbes fast. keep flipping patties every 15minutes or so
or they will be sucked onto the cardboard and traces will be permanently stuck to cardboard fibers. i know sht foto...i could backhand my nephew!

then repeat entire process exactly over again six more times.
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/2steelhead/P7290031.jpg

mcbitsko
08-06-2010, 11:57 PM
VII. chopped and all seven runs combined and drying on printing paper.
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/2steelhead/P7290137.jpg

mcbitsko
08-07-2010, 12:07 AM
shtty closeup by my nephew who i'm going to backhand next time i see him...just kidding...?
i'm not even going to tell you how much fullmelt i pull off a quarter pound. you won't believe me. one dispensary that i deal with. you ought to see what they sell as fullmelt. under a strong microscope my fullmelt appears to be made up of more full unbroken resin glands than the stuff they dispency as fullmelt.
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/2steelhead/P7290134.jpg

mcbitsko
08-07-2010, 12:17 AM
shtty foto of dryed product by my nephew who i'm going to b.........next time......

FYI for my personal stash i take drysift aquirred from a big 300u screening.
i tell you IMO the bigger screening is better than smaller when dry sifting . i swear. take a look with microscope. less damage to trichomes.
then easy cleanup by mixing
and gentily pouring resin shake into a quart of cold ice water with no ice.
then gentily shaking to separate chaff from resin.
then pouring resin malt thru 160 then collect in the 25.
you can imagine the results. this type of full melt tastes better in everyones opinion.
thanks
http://medicann.wordpress.com/#comment-35
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/2steelhead/P7290145.jpg

dontstepongrass
08-07-2010, 12:28 AM
good job. u are correct in saying that its all about the technique!

WhiteWall
08-07-2010, 02:11 AM
niceeee bubbble

YukonBikerGuy
08-07-2010, 02:13 AM
Wow. Nice job. Your technique certainly treats the trichomes very gently. I have long maintained that gentle treatment yields better hash. I also use a version of the moisture wicking without pressing, much better result I agree.

Just for clarification.....
Are you washing the same material over and over the 7 times?
Are you breaking up the QP into 7 batches with a wash each?

The rounded edge inserts are a neat idea, does it work better than just running the water against the non-screened side of the bag? And why do you think that is?

Not sure what topramen is, and I can't tell from the photos (smack yer nephew) what sort of cardboard you are using.

I have 2 variations of the 'few bag' technique, the first is nearly the same as yours, 200µ work bag, 160µ fer a cleanup, and 25µ to catch the hash. I call it the 'Lazy Man's Method'. The second is the same with a 'thievery' layer added. For instance, I happen to know 1 strain that is all melty, but the 90µ is the most ultimate melt. I will add 2 bags to the stack, the 120µ bag to keep that grade out of 'my' layer, the 90µ bag to catch it, and then the 25µ final bag. After I take the 90µ out, the 120µ back (gently, and unwicked) into the 25µ catch bag/water. Same hash as the Lazy Man's Method, with the 90µ removed. The rest is still nicely melty, and I got the uber melt off to the side. I'm my only customer, so I don't mind.

Thanks for sharing, nice post.
YBG

mcbitsko
08-07-2010, 03:08 AM
clarification. i am washing full quarter elbow, seven times. just add ice every 6 minutes.
please read instructions closely. every little step increases yield.
thanks
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/2steelhead/midnight-maddness-014.jpg

mcbitsko
08-07-2010, 03:13 AM
yukon the thing with swirling stream off of insert and not aiming stream directly thru screening is important. just as important as 1gallon wash after each run!thanks

YukonBikerGuy
08-07-2010, 06:30 AM
I think you misunderstand me. Why the insert at all? The side wall of the bags aren't made of screen, and should work just as well for your swirling off the edge technique.

I am amazed that you have 7 washes and no greenery, even in the final wash. The hash speaks for itself. Was that fresh frozen or dry frozen material? Whole or broken up? Your washer looks like a different model than mine as well.

mcbitsko
08-07-2010, 07:56 AM
I think you misunderstand me. Why the insert at all? The side wall of the bags aren't made of screen, and should work just as well for your swirling off the edge technique.

I am amazed that you have 7 washes and no greenery, even in the final wash. The hash speaks for itself. Was that fresh frozen or dry frozen material? Whole or broken up? Your washer looks like a different model than mine as well.

insert aids in keeping stream swirling around and not splashing. more easy to get flow rolling across screen.a vid clip would be worth a million words here. its hard to explain. like trying to explain being gentil.
to see the stream swirl around the perimeter and corkscrew down and flow across screening before soaking thru.
the hoaky foto of me with hose in eye of fishingpole guiding stream and freeing up hands while working the 25ubag...man the more i write the more it must confuse.
you just got to try it. ha ha.
the proof is in the pudding. get the microscope out and compare products
from shooting stream strait thru screening. and doing it this way.
i found that strait thru or and just filling up bucket and pulling bag out
must be more rougher on trichomes. because of more clumps of broken resin glands.
you can eyeball it and see the different with a 500x microscope.

being gentil and not taking sample smoke breaks helps to keep the green out.
the longer the pot is sitting wet the more water soluble green chloryphyl
is leached out. when i get a cookin the goal is to have patty out of the 25u bag within the 6minutes wash per run. i usualy can achieve that 4 out of seven runs.

an update ive put in practice since these fotos. is collecting all seven runs
thru the 160u into a 35gallon barrel. then use a $29 pond water pump
to pump controlled stream into the 25u bucket. 5gallon at a time. unless you want an unruley patty three quarters the size of bag.
i find i cut the time of the pot sitting there soaking by half an hour.
brighter kif!!!
i did 3oz of an unspecifyed indica this way for a dispensary customer and got an almost white gold kif. ive seen similar fotos here on this site.
amazingly the high off of this fullmelt was nothing to write home about.

your question was this trainwreck fresh frozen. no.
history:
trainwreck grown outdoors/greenhouse by seed company. crop harvested last autumn. i recieved it in january and broked it down into gallon ziplocks
and placed in upright freezer till i got around to it in june.
this stuff was not manicure trimmings. it was approx30% innerbuds well into late floral stage. purple from cold. trichomes where real amber with some starting to go red. you guys that grow indoors maynot of seen this.
or even wanted to let it go that far indoors even if you could.
other 70% small surrounding leaves and small dwarfed airy leafy buds. the kind of stuff growers use to toss out the window on a country road to get rid of.
NOT ANY MORE!

i don't work buds unless customer maticulously breaks down each cola
into smaller colitas then breaks them down into tiny colatitas. starting at the bottom of the cola. no shake or ground up pot.

YukonBikerGuy
08-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Brother, we need to smoke some hash together :) Sun ripened resin is a whole other story. I only get that imported, or by going to visit where it is.

I understand the swirl & be gentle on particulate matter in a fluid... I used be a gold panning instructor, and that is very similar to a european technique for panning that uses a gentle swirling motion in a wide conical pan. The aim there is a lil different, but it still takes a gentle touch on the swirling action. I may have to make myself a couple inserts and try em out for myself.

I am soon to run off a good sized batch of fresh frozen buds myself, as my experiments have all given much better hash that way than from dry. Your results with dry material makes me want to experiment further :)

Just a lil note.... do you think that the pond pump and the impeller in it are still being as gentle on the trich heads after (or before) so carefully swirling them to prevent damage? I would think that the siphon would be the most gentle way to move the water around. Just a thought.

YBG

mcbitsko
08-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Brother, we need to smoke some hash together :) Sun ripened resin is a whole other story. I only get that imported, or by going to visit where it is.

I understand the swirl & be gentle on particulate matter in a fluid... I used be a gold panning instructor, and that is very similar to a european technique for panning that uses a gentle swirling motion in a wide conical pan. The aim there is a lil different, but it still takes a gentle touch on the swirling action. I may have to make myself a couple inserts and try em out for myself.

I am soon to run off a good sized batch of fresh frozen buds myself, as my experiments have all given much better hash that way than from dry. Your results with dry material makes me want to experiment further :)

Just a lil note.... do you think that the pond pump and the impeller in it are still being as gentle on the trich heads after (or before) so carefully swirling them to prevent damage? I would think that the siphon would be the most gentle way to move the water around. Just a thought.

YBG

i keep trying to pm you and it says i havent sent you a pm. ??? ha ha.

bubblecrack
08-07-2010, 10:54 PM
first time I ran straight buds through my bags i was really surprised how much i got too. I notice my bubblenow also leaks. I think it is just the condensation dripping through.

looks great even with that camera.